• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

The first game has input lag and a bad sound glitch that cuts out half of the OST.
The other two are decent, unless you buy the cart version: R&C2 on cart is riddled with freezes.

Be careful with the save though. I lost my R&C2 save when I copied R&C1 back to Vita from my PC HDD.

Worth mentioning that the first game's input lag is NOT about the vita port. The original version also has input lag. However, since the vita port is 30fps, it's effectively twice the input lag. Also the R&C2 freezes, for the most part, don't impeded progress some how.

Don't.
Start with MGS1, then go into the GBC game.

I wouldn't start with the GBC game because that's necessarily where I want to start, it's just that it's the most likely game I'd get in the near future (for collecting reasons). That said, I also want to expand my PSX collection, so I'll get MGS1 at some point, too.

I've been playing through MGS1 myself, alternating between the PS Vita and PS TV. I hope the GBC game get released on 3DS Virtual Console at some point...

antibolo

Banned
Now taking bets on how many Vita games are going to be revealed at the PSX keynote.

I bet on negative one (ie. Gravity Rush 2 announced as PS4-only)

What is your favorite? MGS3?

Know I'm gonna get a lot of hate, but of the ones I played, Peace Walker, I not only loved the gameplay, I loved the comic book style of the game.

thats crazy. Should just play them in release order, who knows how how many months is left for MGSV

And yeah, but there's a lot of other stuff to play and I don't want to just play MGS games. I was pretty burnt out after playing those 3 back to back, so until it releases I will be fine. I liked the series, liked what I played but by no means did I convert myself into a fanatic for Metal Gear aha. The storyline is a bit hard to follow, so for me doing it the way I am doing is the easiest way to keep track of what's going on, who is who, and what events lead to what events.

Now taking bets on how many Vita games are going to be revealed at the PSX keynote.

I bet on negative one (ie. Gravity Rush 2 announced as PS4-only)

If it even shows up at all, the vita will only be advertised as a remote play machine. Or if a cross plat indie game shows up, I'm sure they'll mention it too, but that's that.

daydream

Banned
Severed looks heck of cool. So does Skytorn, of course.

Also, there's your Shovel Knight. Everyone deserves to experience this awesome game!

Takao

Banned
Dat Persona 5 non-announcement... I don't get it.

And yeah +1 on being mislead they would announce a Vita version.

First time the PS4 version has been announced for the west ...

because apparently we needed a confirmation of that

VLiberty

GW3 and SK on Vita. Fuck yes

Not really, Shovel Knight was completely designed around the native resolution of the 3DS, so it will always look worse elsewhere.

Vita version still awesome news for people who don't have a 3DS though!

I have a 3DS and I held on that one just because of the dpad.

BTW Steamworld Dig was also designed around the 3DS resolution, and then the Vita version looks wonderfully

Yasumi

Banned
Not really, Shovel Knight was completely designed around the native resolution of the 3DS, so it will always look worse elsewhere.

Vita version still awesome news for people who don't have a 3DS though!
Control-wise I mean. The dpad and buttons will be waaaay more comfortable.

Bastion got announced for Vita!? fuck yeah. Time to play through it 30 more times...
For anyone who -- for god knows what reason -- hasn't played it, this is a must buy game. ~8 hours for a 100% run, but the game itself oozes style and atmosphere, and is highly replayable thanks to the twinstick "shooter" esque combat.
Also, is there one specific thread for vita announcements? The threads get buried relatively fast and the frontpage is going quick.

antibolo

Banned
Seven games!

Oh all ports of games I already played, of course.

And we already had Suikoden 1.

EDIT: Okay, Yoshida as a playable character is a winning argument for me to buy Super Time Force again. Or should I say... another TIME.

MQX

SF5 only on PS4 and PC? Cross-Play PC and PS4? Yakuza 5? Yakuza 4? Suikoden for the vita?

Hopefully Yakuza and Suikoden will also be available for Europe :X.

Top Bottom