• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Takao

Banned
This game looks cool:

tuEygg6.jpg

Darkest Dungeon: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/06/madness-awaits-youin-the-darkest-dungeon/

PSV/PS4

incpdo

So..

• MLB:The Show 15 to Vita
  • Geometry Wars 3 to Vita
  • Bastion to Vita
  • Need For Speed:Most Wanted free for limited time for 20th Anniversary
  • Shovel Knight to Vita
  • Suikoden 1 & 2 to Vita on December 9th (NA)
  • TowerFall Ascension to Vita
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch to Vita
  • Super Time Force Ultra to Vita
  • The Banner Saga to Vita
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 2 to Vita
  • Broken Age to Vita
  • Grim Fandango Remastered on Jan 27th
  • Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition
Nice.

nobody expected Vita's name to be mention on this conference so the balance of this situation is obviously a positive one. Certain people said to me Revelations 2 could never run on Vita , now is the time to see how good it is. Im buying revelations and hoping to get a physical release so i can double dip . Revelations 2 on Vita is the last attempt from capcom on the platform, use your wallets!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So..

• Bastion to Vita
  • Shovel Knight to Vita
  • Broken Age to Vita
Nice.
Yeah today was a good day. Nice to see Sony show some Vita love for once. Why couldn't they treat Vita like this at E3 and Gamescom.

PS4 stuff was generally good too. Drawn to Death looked all kinds of awesome. Too bad UC4 looked about as interesting as The Order.

Redhood

Yeah today was a good day. Nice to see Sony show some Vita love for once. Why couldn't they treat Vita like this at E3 and Gamescom.

PS4 stuff was generally good too. Drawn to Death looked all kinds of awesome. Too bad UC4 looked about as interesting as The Order.

Does towerfall have single playr content? Story mode? I thought it was couch co-op heavy as it does not have internet.

Also I think towerfall 2 was also shown on the vita.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Does towerfall have single playr content? Story mode? I thought it was couch co-op heavy as it does not have internet.

It does have single player and it's fucking hardcore. Seriously it's hard as nails on your own. It's kind of enjoyable but really the meat of the game is the multiplayer.

Tizoc

Day of the Tentacle kids.
Day_of_the_Tentacle_artwork.jpg

You're in for a treat

Now if by some miracle they get Full Throttle on Vita whooooooooboy
Full_Throttle_artwork.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
still no GTAV discount? Or are they pretending that full retail price but bundling in some online cash is a discount?

antibolo

Banned

Towerfall single player content is actually really fun, despite it not being the main focus of the game. You fight waves of monsters and it is super challenging.

Cha

They know what a Vita is!!! I'm in tears (okay, not really).

Not gonna lie, I was expecting the standard rubbish vita showing. Was genuinely surprised about Resivilations2 hitting the Vita. Plus there were some other great announcements there. . Can already see people complaining about ports in other threads, but f*ck it - Were getting awesome games on an awesome machine! Of course, I do still want some exclusive games and bigger names on the system too. But what we got now is still great. Only other thing that would have had be jumping out of my seat was if that Digimon game's localisation had been announced (since we already knew that GR2 was going to be a no show). I think it would generate a lot more positive interest in the Vita if Sony continued showing more of the confidence in their system that they expressed today, in the future.

Maedhros

So..

• Bastion to Vita
  • Shovel Knight to Vita
  • Broken Age to Vita
Nice.

You're missing games on this list, like Severed.

ecurbj

You're missing games on this list, like Severed.

It wasn't meant to be a perfect list. I'm just excited to see some talk of the Vita at the Playstation Experience Event. I know I forgot a few gems. Pardon, my lack of not having a complete list to your liking.

Shizuka

It wasn't meant to be a perfect list. I'm just excited to see some talk of the Vita at the Playstation Experience Event. I know I forgot a few gems. Pardon, my lack of not having a complete list to your liking.

Come on now, he just pointed out that the list is not complete, that's all.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Even on a good day Vita isn't safe from bashing. Dammit, I usually have the willpower to avoid Vita related threads outside here. It looked too positive to resist. But in reality it's never positive.

So were all of those new indies just announced to be releasing in the first half of next year, or do any of them have release dates?

Even on a good day Vita isn't safe from bashing. Dammit, I usually have the willpower to avoid Vita related threads outside here. It looked too positive to resist. But in reality it's never positive.

referring to the "today is a good day to be a vita owner" (or whatever it was) thread? Predictable response, unfortunately. As I've said before, people just don't value portability.

I think only Grim Fandango has a release date, from all indies.

Yeah, that's typical. Hopefully everything comes out with native res and solid framerate w/out delays... but that's optimistic. Until then I'm playing pokemans, dragon quest, and suikoden.

SerTapTap

Thought PSX was pretty great, lots of stuff I'm looking forward to

BUT

B4NHGgwCcAAvJrZ.png

is this real
am i real
I don't have an order confirmation and sony's site is broken as fuck but the paypal went through I am excited and terrified

Added those EA games to my download list, looking forward playing Nfs, once I delete some stuff.

Quite satisfied about the Experience, didn't expect much though. Nice to see that the Vita finally gets some attention from SCEA. Too bad they didn't mention Cosmic Star Heroine, that's the 2015 game I look most forward to.

pariah164

For those who have played the Atelier games, which one is best? Looking to get one of them for Vita; the only one I've ever played is Atelier Annie for the DS. I liked it, but I never went back to it after I played through once. Atelier Ayesha hits in January, so I may pick that up if it's good.

Hikami

My friend has been recommending me Suikoden forever now, might pick it up since its coming to Vita.
What's so good about it though?

Thought PSX was pretty great, lots of stuff I'm looking forward to

BUT

B4NHGgwCcAAvJrZ.png

is this real
am i real
I don't have an order confirmation and sony's site is broken as fuck but the paypal went through I am excited and terrified

wait... what is this?

My friend has been recommending me Suikoden forever now, might pick it up since its coming to Vita.
What's so good about it though?

Strong story, good turnbased combat, great character and world developement... Honestly it's just an incredibly solid all around RPG. It's not a game with 1 particular attribute that sticks out as being why the game is so good.

Shizuka

For those who have played the Atelier games, which one is best? Looking to get one of them for Vita; the only one I've ever played is Atelier Annie for the DS. I liked it, but I never went back to it after I played through once. Atelier Ayesha hits in January, so I may pick that up if it's good.

IMO, it's Atelier Totori Plus. Most balanced and most endearing.

bobohoro

Ayesha would probably be a good pick, since it starts a fresh saga and is the first in its series chronologically and by release date. Don't know about the quality, since I didn't play it on PS3, but plan on picking up the + version.

If you are interested in the Arland games you have to remember that the order of release of the enhanced ports is not the chronological one.

Original PS3 timeline: Rorona -> Totori -> Meruru
Plus Release: Totori+ -> Meruru+ -> Rorona+

Since Totori doesn't require that much knowledge of Rorona and doesn't have as many reocurring characters as Meruru, I'd recommend that one to start with. You could play the original Rorona on PS3, but that's a lesser game in terms of quality and might turn you off the series without seeing the good parts. You could also play Rorona+, but then it might be hard to go back to the gameplay of the older games and it might spoil some stuff.

Overall I liked Totori+ the most in terms of story and characters (but I only played the original Rorona, so can't comment on how much Rorona+ improves that), it had great character motivation for the journey, nice interactions and sports a good mix of lighthearted humor and some coming-of-age drama.

So..

• Bastion to Vita
  • Shovel Knight to Vita
  • Broken Age to Vita
Nice.

I could've sworn there was a game about some character grabbing a gun from a treasure chest it looked like an indie isn't that game coming to vita to?

pariah164

IMO, it's Atelier Totori Plus. Most balanced and most endearing.

Ayesha would probably be a good pick, since it starts a fresh saga and is the first in its series chronologically and by release date. Don't know about the quality, since I didn't play it on PS3, but plan on picking up the + version.

Since Totori doesn't require that much knowledge of Rorona and doesn't have as many reocurring characters as Meruru, I'd recommend that one to start with. You could play the original Rorona on PS3, but that's a lesser game in terms of quality and might turn you off the series without seeing the good parts. You could also play Rorona+, but then it might be hard to go back to the gameplay of the older games and it might spoil some stuff.
So Totori or Ayesha. Cool, I'll look up what I can about both.

wilflare

So..

• Bastion to Vita
  • Shovel Knight to Vita
  • Broken Age to Vita
Nice.

I'm might be getting everything

so many things on my Vita wishlist fulfilled

and hey, where can I catch this? is the stream archived?

incpdo

Fantasy hero seems to be interesting enough for a dungeon crawler on vita. is 15 dollars the final price or is some kind of sale price? I'm asking this because I'm getting the game after Christmas for sure

Producer

With a hyperbolic as hell OP that one vita thread had, you cant really blame people going there and disagreeing

I think today was a great day for the Vita, lots of cool games were announced. The cheers of the audience when they mentioned the Vita was cool, brought a smile to my face. Viva la Vita

wilflare

Tim playing Grim Fandango on the Vita
https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/E7...p4?versionId=F.evD0ifbexxlyAqNNaOi9m8jZDQVVnu

They announced that? Wouldn't vita ver. look like trash though?

I don't know. lol I'm reading conflicting stuff lol

I think today was a great day for the Vita, lots of cool games were announced. The cheers of the audience when they mentioned the Vita was cool, brought a smile to my face. Viva la Vita

I am sure those people who cheered are not from NeoGAF (not from VitaGAF at least)

Tizoc

Asia ver. of one piece musou 2 has eng. subtitles right? How's the performance?
I'm thinking of getting it off Play asia but do they have like x-mas offers?

Games to ge from Amazon.com
Ys: Celceta
Rayman Origins
Akiba's Trip (yeah yeah I had budget problems, shut up =_=)

Christian

The biggest disappointment of the show came when Adam talked about how he's got friends that keep Persona 4 Golden in constant circulation in their Vitas, and I was like OMG PERSONA 3 AND/OR PERSONA 5 FOR VITA ANNOUNCEMENT IMPENDING?!!?!?!?!??!! but then he just said PS3 and PS4 versions were officially confirmed for NA. But if that's the WORST thing to come from this show, oh, well. I only have to buy two versions instead of three. Best handheld keeps getting bester.

Christian

No the patch will still download regardless of region. Just mentioned it in case you were the type who cares about the principle of buying a fundamentally broken game that requires online to fix. I'm also assuming you've played the Sora no Kiseki trilogy beforehand though.

Thumbs up.

Asia ver. of one piece musou 2 has eng. subtitles right? How's the performance?
I'm thinking of getting it off Play asia but do they have like x-mas offers?

Games to ge from Amazon.com
Ys: Celceta
Rayman Origins
Akiba's Trip (yeah yeah I had budget problems, shut up =_=)

Which Asian version has the English subs? There's an Asian/Chinese, Asian/Korean, and Asian/Japanese (separate from the standard Japanese). I'd be curious myself, I was just asking a few pages back about KM2.

Top Bottom