• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

ecurbj

So..

• MLB:The Show 15 to Vita
  • Geometry Wars 3 to Vita
  • Bastion to Vita
  • Need For Speed:Most Wanted free for limited time for 20th Anniversary
  • Shovel Knight to Vita
  • Suikoden 1 & 2 to Vita on December 9th (NA)
  • TowerFall Ascension to Vita
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch to Vita
  • Super Time Force Ultra to Vita
  • The Banner Saga to Vita
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 2 to Vita
  • Broken Age to Vita
  • Grim Fandango Remastered on Jan 27th
  • Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition
Nice.

ecurbj

WAIT! SUIKODEN 2 IS COMING TO PSN!?
zkaDfIj.gif

Ye...ssss!

Ye...ssss!

Today is a really fucking good day. In seriousness, Sony announced basically every indie that I've been asking for (except transistor, which seems more likely than ever now) and Suikoden 2 GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME is finally coming to PSN so not only can I play it on my vita, the physical copy price should drop for a while, too!

antibolo

Banned
The camera thing in Tearaway Unfolded will sure be great for the 0.1% of PS4 owners who bought the pointless camera.

Game looks pretty nice though, definitely not just a port of the Vita game.

pariah164

I am totally new to Suikoden. Never played. Is Suikoden 2 a good jump off point? Everyone here seems excited about it so I figured I would ask.

Announcements are impressive. Four for you, Sony.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I am totally new to Suikoden. Never played. Is Suikoden 2 a good jump off point? Everyone here seems excited about it so I figured I would ask.

Might as well play one first. I actually like parts of it better.

The first one or the PS2 games (but not 4) are probably the best entry point for story and playability reasons respectively. The first suikoden is also relatively short, so it's a nice taste. Suikoden 2 is -- as I've said -- the best RPG on the playstation, and the best JRPG of all time imo. It might have competition from some CRPGs, but nothing in japan.

RK128

So..

• Bastion to Vita
  • Shovel Knight to Vita
  • Broken Age to Vita
Nice.

Man, that is really awesome for the Vita :D! Lots of great games coming to the system :').

My first post in the December thread :D. It is nice to be back here; haven't visited this page that much sadly :(. Did I miss anything huge aside from the PS Experience announcements? If I did, it would be nice to know :).

I recently got a 3DS and considered getting Shovel Knight on that but now that is announced for the Vita?! AND Kratos is a boss in the PS versions?! Sign me up man :D!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The first one or the PS2 games (but not 4) are probably the best entry point for story and playability reasons respectively. The first suikoden is also relatively short, so it's a nice taste. Suikoden 2 is -- as I've said -- the best RPG on the playstation, and the best JRPG of all time imo. It might have competition from some CRPGs, but nothing in japan.

Methinks you're hyping it a bit too much. It's solid but not really up to snuff with some of the real PS1 classics, let alone the best RPG of all time.

So..

• Bastion to Vita
  • Shovel Knight to Vita
  • Broken Age to Vita
Nice.

Very, very nice.

Methinks you're hyping it a bit too much. It's solid but not really up to snuff with some of the real PS1 classics, let alone the best RPG of all time.

no way. Story is very strong, combat is a very well designed "true" turnbased system (as opposed to ATB or something like that), the world is large and very dragon quest-esque in that it feels like it exists independant of the game (as opposed to final fantasy, which feels like the world is there for the character's convenience), there's a huge amount of "Secrets" and extra party members in the form of the 108 stars, and it has one of the best villains in gaming.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ending on Drawn to Death... Ok then.

Looks more fun to play than The Order does though.

Every game at the show looked more fun than The Order.

With the possible exception of Uncharted 4. More of the same sociopath simulator.

daydream

Banned
Sony did good, that was a really strong show, conceptually speaking.

The Vita announcements were the highlight for me.

Not much celebration of classic Sony properties, though, that would be my biggest criticism (along with allowing S-E to run wild and ending on Jaffe's game).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, very nice show. Someone finally learned from Nintendo on how to do one of these things. Games. Real time footage. Developers talking about why they love this concept.

MQX

Welp. It looks like the free EA games are now online(on the EU Store). You can now download Plants vs Zombie. Mirror Edge doesn't show the "Free" button(maybe they are still updating :/). And NFS MW says I don't have the permission :/. *using the webstore*

daydream

Banned
Yep, very nice show. Someone finally learned from Nintendo on how to do one of these things. Games. Real time footage. Developers talking about why they love this concept.

Yep, good on them for adapting fast to the Nintendo way. Let's hope they stay on this course all the way to next year's E3.

Seems like some people really hated it, though, further proving my point that the Vita segment was the strongest (since a lot of people don't care about that and that's where most of the announcements happened).

Edit: One game a lot of people seem to forget about is the one with Edith Finch in the title, from the Unfinished Swan guys. That looked very intriguing, indeed.

Khronico

So..

• Bastion to Vita
  • Shovel Knight to Vita
  • Broken Age to Vita
Nice.

Bolded are games I'm definitely getting. It's a fantastic lineup of games regardless of whether or not they are ports.

Top Bottom