• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

jtan

The biggest disappointment of the show came when Adam talked about how he's got friends that keep Persona 4 Golden in constant circulation in their Vitas, and I was like OMG PERSONA 3 AND/OR PERSONA 5 FOR VITA ANNOUNCEMENT IMPENDING?!!?!?!?!??!! but then he just said PS3 and PS4 versions were officially confirmed for NA. But if that's the WORST thing to come from this show, oh, well. I only have to buy two versions instead of three. Best handheld keeps getting bester.

I have to agree, I was freaking out about it coming to vita. My emotions :[

That darkest dungeon may be the first game I actually buy!

Love the look, and after reading the blog post about it, it's safe to say that this one is definitely going to be something special for those who enjoy DRPGs. I'm very excited for it, hope we get a release date for it soon.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The biggest disappointment of the show came when Adam talked about how he's got friends that keep Persona 4 Golden in constant circulation in their Vitas, and I was like OMG PERSONA 3 AND/OR PERSONA 5 FOR VITA ANNOUNCEMENT IMPENDING?!!?!?!?!??!! but then he just said PS3 and PS4 versions were officially confirmed for NA. But if that's the WORST thing to come from this show, oh, well. I only have to buy two versions instead of three. Best handheld keeps getting bester.
I'm not a Persona fan but I was thinking the same.

I think there's a decent chance that Persona 5 eventually comes to vita in some form. Atlus knows full well that the vita has a massive persona audience, and I fully expect P5's visual fidelity to be nothing too crazy.

Takao

Banned
i'm surprised atlus hasn't done a p3 re-re-release yet
those movies are still running but we're coming to the end

I'm in camp 4DS for Persona 5 on handheld, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I still think Atlus missed a comarketing chance with Persona 3DS. Plus the name is just too perfect.

Prelude.

"Hey, we're talking about the Vita, is that good?"

And that Persona 5 moment, wow. No shit, Adam.

Oh well, I don't even care.
MOTHERFUCKING YAKUZA 5.

will depend on what the 4DS turns out being, and how long the vita continues getting sales/new software. If Persona Q sold well enough, the persona brand could certainly move to nintendo handhelds permanently. Either way I'd be fine. I just want to play games on handhelds.

wilflare

the 4DS... they really need to improve on the screen and ergonomics... please :(

daydream

Banned
Maybe we can turn the Persona 5 Vita thing into another Vib-Ribbon situation.

Shawn Layden: "You have to get my Persona 5 Golden. If you can get the cut-scenes to work, great. But don't let that be the game-stopper.

Shizuka

As much as I'd love it, I know it just won't happen and I'm fine with that. There are plenty other great games coming to the Vita.

If anyone's wondering about the full list (since it's been pointed out the one that was posted wasn't) of Vita announcements, here it is as far as I can tell;

1. The Banner Saga - Spring 2015
2. Bastion - 2015
3. Broken Age - Spring 2015
4. Darkest Dungeon - Spring 2015
5. Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition - Spring 2015
6. Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions - Spring 2015
7. Grim Fandango Remastered - January 27th, 2015
8. MLB:The Show 15 - March 31st
9. Octodad: Dadliest Catch - Spring 2015
10. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Spring 2015
11. Severed - Spring 2015
12. Shovel Knight - 2015
13. Suikoden II (Includes #1) - December 9th, 2014
14. Super Time Force Ultra - Spring 2015
15. TowerFall Ascension - Spring 2015

Shizuka

If anyone's wondering about the full list (since it's been pointed out the one that was posted wasn't) of Vita announcements, here it is as far as I can tell;

2. Bastion - 2015
12. Shovel Knight - 2015

Thank you very much, that's a great list.

2. Bastion - 2015
12. Shovel Knight - 2015

Well fuck me, I never expected to be excited for indies which this list is full of, but I actually see myself buying quite a few of these here.

incpdo

Persona 5 is a multiplatform release so graphics cannot be something vita is not able to handle I mean, I'm hoping some akiba's trip kind of difference between ps3 and ps4 graphics . Persona 5 crimson will be the persona vita will get but probably with a year of difference between vanilla persona 5 and persona 5 crimson . also persona 5 =persona v= persona 5 vermhelo( or whatever the name for red is in Portuguese)

daydream

Banned

2. Bastion - 2015
12. Shovel Knight - 2015

MLB, Resident Evil and Bastion are the ones I'm not getting (the latter is one of the best games of last gen but I've played it enough on XBLA already). The rest can come to me~

Thanks for the list, handy reference.

Persona 5 is a multiplatform release so graphics cannot be something vita is not able to handle I mean, I'm hoping some akiba's trip kind of difference between ps3 and ps4 graphics . Persona 5 crimson will be the persona vita will get but probably with a year of difference between vanilla persona 5 and persona 5 crimson . also persona 5 =persona v= persona 5 vermhelo( or whatever the name for red is in Portuguese)

Almost got it, vermelho ;)

Prelude.

About Suikoden, they've only said "North America", I'm a bit worried about that.

I still think it'd be dumb to not pull a P5 Crimson later since it'd be way more profitable than a simultaneous release (PDf2, anyone?) but who knows what Sega's plans for the Vita will look like in a year or two. At least old Atlus was always one gen behind.

SerTapTap

Amazing list, 6 I will buy, 4 I already own (and would have bought if they were new of course) and a couple maybes.

Thank you very much, that's a great list.

Thanks for the list, handy reference.

No problem, gotta keep us VitaGAFfers covered. ;)

Amazing list, 6 I will buy, 4 I already own (and would have bought if they were new of course) and a couple maybes.

Well fuck me, I never expected to be excited for indies which this list is full of, but I actually see myself buying quite a few of these here.

They did WAY better than I expected, I didn't even watch the stream today 'cause I figured we'd get hosed. xD

SerTapTap

I don't regret watching the stream at all, though some moments were definitely a bit weak. They definitely brought the Vita love, though I wish they'd bring some firmware/whitelist love to the PS TV now to continue showing their commitment. I don't need new AAA Sony games, but make it a viable ecosystem. I kinda hope they keep the Vita through next gen too even if they don't make a sucessor, just keep it around as the "hey indies, have we got a portable system for you!" machine, and Japan, I'd be happy with that honestly. It'll still be better than Nintendo's next hardware anyway...

What's the name of that game where the character takes out gun from a treasure chest and just wreckes the whole place? It was part of the keynote.

Prelude.

They've already mentioned they'll get it released in Europe, but that they have no news to share at this time.
Oh, nice.

I don't regret watching the stream at all, though some moments were definitely a bit weak. They definitely brought the Vita love, though I wish they'd bring some firmware/whitelist love to the PS TV now to continue showing their commitment. I don't need new AAA Sony games, but make it a viable ecosystem. I kinda hope they keep the Vita through next gen too even if they don't make a sucessor, just keep it around as the "hey indies, have we got a portable system for you!" machine, and Japan, I'd be happy with that honestly. It'll still be better than Nintendo's next hardware anyway...
I just hate how they don't even mention any exclusive game ever, not even the first party ones. Instead it's just "You can play that game on Vita too! Are you happy?".

Freedom Wars made it to the conference btw, like 3 cumulative seconds in the final montage.

I thought it would be fun to post this here: my father just casually asked me for a Vita as a gift for him on Christmas. I was like "what the fuck?"

If only I didn't spent a fortune in figures I would be able to give it to him...

I thought it would be fun to post this here: my father just casually asked me for a Vita as a gift for him on Christmas. I was like "what the fuck?"

If only I didn't spent a fortune in figures I would be able to give it to him...

Cowboom or the Gaf buy thread I bought a practically brand new OLED for 149 in that thread. If he's a big fan of basketball he's going to be heaven with nba game time

Cowboom or the Gaf buy thread I bought a practically brand new OLED for 149 in that thread. If he's a big fan of basketball he's going to be heaven with nba game time

I'm not from the US :/ . That makes things harder for me, here a Vita is kinda hard to find and also a lot more expensive.

But thanks.

Sarcasm

Why is like wolf among us and walking dead s2 say free on psn? I am under ps3.

wutmate7iu44.png

SerTapTap

What's the name of that game where the character takes out gun from a treasure chest and just wreckes the whole place? It was part of the keynote.

Enter the Gungeon?

I just hate how they don't even mention any exclusive game ever, not even the first party ones. Instead it's just "You can play that game on Vita too! Are you happy?".

Freedom Wars made it to the conference btw, like 3 cumulative seconds in the final montage.

This was all about new games though, no reason to mention that stuff. I was annoyed enough they wasted precious minutes on Destiny

Takao

Banned
I'm almost buying The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season 2 for the Vita, is there any reason I shouldn't do it?

If you value the ability to transfer your save to the next season (does this even work?). I'm not convinced Telltale is doing Vita ports anymore.

daydream

Banned
I'm almost buying The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season 2 for the Vita, is there any reason I shouldn't do it?

TellTale games are basically held together by duct tape, as is. That'd be a real accomplishment if the Vita versions weren't a mess.

Though maybe the engine has less room to fall apart in a smaller device. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shizuka

Because you have to wait like 2 seconds for the game to load anytime you do anything.

But it's not like I'd get those games anywhere else.

If you value the ability to transfer your save to the next season (does this even work?). I'm not convinced Telltale is doing Vita ports anymore.

I don't really care about that feature, I'll stick to my Vita while they're still doing Vita ports.

Top Bottom