• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

But it's not like I'd get those games anywhere else.

I don't really care about that feature, I'll stick to my Vita while they're still doing Vita ports.

I'll probably grab the vita versions for this for the same reason. I'm not gonna play these anywhere else, so if I play them at all, it'll be on vita. Regardless of port quality.
TOTP: Buy Bastion when it releases next year. Buy Suikoden 1 and 2 next week.

Shizuka

Prelude, this is for you:

aEpMa1F.png

Welp. I'm pulled back big time to my Vita. Banner Saga, New SAO, Geometry Wars 3 and Resident Evil made me rethink about leaving my Vita. Watching corrosivefrost play Geometry Wars makes me feel giddy and excited to it dropping unto the Vita. Yeah it might be not as smooth as the other versions are, but playing that and TxK (?) on a long bus ride is fun.

Next Year should be fun. Hopefully some more VNs will be localized so I won't be burned on a single genre.
Digimon, Gundam & God Eater are the only things left on my wishlist.

Welp. I'm pulled back big time to my Vita. Banner Saga, New SAO, Geometry Wars 3 and Resident Evil made me rethink about leaving my Vita. Watching corrosivefrost play Geometry Wars makes me feel giddy and excited to it dropping unto the Vita. Yeah it might be not as smooth as the other versions are, but playing that and TxK (?) on a long bus ride is fun.

Next Year should be fun. Hopefully some more VNs will be localized so I won't be burned on a single genre.
Digimon, Gundam & God Eater are the only things left on my wishlist.

Dear criminalmind,

Those are available elsewhere!

Love,

All of GAF, including VitaGAF.

...is the entire message of GAF to those who liked the Vita segments in the presentation.

I'm actually building my Steam library too but yeah fuck that kind of thinking. Yeah some games are best played on a PC (strategy games, MOBAs, MMOs and maybe Papers Please) but some are also better played on a handheld. Imagine bringing four PS4 / Xbox One / Wii U's to play local-coop of a console Hunting game? Grinding JRPGs on a tv? etc.

Vita won't be a commercial success like the 3DS, it won't have the "exclusives" it has but the games coming to the platform are not all "VitaBounce" tier. These are some of the best games available and I am generally considering adding some of them on my Best games of the year list, above certain AAA's. Laugh at me all you want but playing certain games on the 3DS didn't "wow" me. Some dragged on, and Kid Icarus is joining Kat on the shelf because they both give me headaches while playing them.

In the end, I'm resigning to the fact that some really has a beef with the system. Having bought it on a platform means no more sale on the next (LOLZ got that on Steam) folks, drive-by shitposts, No AAA means no buy. I'm a bit of the last one but even I accepted that the AAAs for it will be a rare occurrence. Sony is losing money and doing how they revived the PS3 in a more difficult scenario for the Vita is not a very feasible thing to do for them. Hell look at their movie releases, sequels + Spidey galore.

ZeroAKA

This Omega Quintet demo on JPSN... I have no idea what I'm doing.

Edit: The demo crashed just as I was getting into a probably lewd scene. Amazing.

autoduelist

Every game at the show looked more fun than The Order.

With the possible exception of Uncharted 4. More of the same sociopath simulator.

I don't get The Order hate. Looks like fun for people that like the genre, like me.

And Uncharted 4 looked ridiculously awesome. Like, edge of my seat awesome.

I could've sworn there was a game about some character grabbing a gun from a treasure chest it looked like an indie isn't that game coming to vita to?

Not sure if it's coming to Vita, but Enter the Gungeon was one of my favorites of the show. Reminded me of Binding of Isaac, actually, without the poop.

Love the look, and after reading the blog post about it, it's safe to say that this one is definitely going to be something special for those who enjoy DRPGs. I'm very excited for it, hope we get a release date for it soon.

Is Darkest Dungeon confirmed for vita?

Well fuck me, I never expected to be excited for indies which this list is full of, but I actually see myself buying quite a few of these here.

Yup. I'm excited for almost all of them.

I was just about to buy Geometry Wars for my PS4, but now I'm not sure... if I knew it were cross buy, i'd buy today. But if I'm going to have to buy it twice, I need to wait for sales on both.

Autoduelist, have you played banner saga? That seems like it would be up your alley based on my knowledge of it. Haven't played it myself.

yolohenplz

Neo Member
I think today was a great day for the Vita, lots of cool games were announced. The cheers of the audience when they mentioned the Vita was cool, brought a smile to my face. Viva la Vita

The games announced were absolutely fantastic. now only if Riot releases a Final Fantasy VIII remake for the Wii U...

ecurbj

VitaGAF. I just downloaded Need For Speed: Most Wanted (free due to Playstation Experience). And this had me thinking. I know this has been asked probably but was Sony ever going to make a Gran Turismo on the Vita and then it got canned?

What an odd thread to shitpost in. Isn't the point of that normally for the attention? This thread doesn't really get much attention. I would recommend going to the frontpage, which you can find at http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2
VitaGAF. I just downloaded Need For Speed: Most Wanted (free due to Playstation Experience). And this had me thinking. I know this has been asked probably but was Sony ever going to make a Gran Turismo on the Vita and then it got canned?

I think there was a rumour about this, but I can't remember. I don't follow GT enough to give a real answer, unfortunately.

Flandy

What have I done?
B4O-YkuCcAA5T75.png:large

Is the Vita version of this never gonna be $10 again or something? Been forever since that sale happened :(

This question is hard to answer, as I'm torn between "They're doing it in secret." and "They're fucking with us." when it comes to Gran Turismo and the Vita.

This is what I know;
  • Polyphony Digital had a direct hand in the Vita's design.
  • Gran Turismo has been on every major PlayStation Console since the beginning.
  • The PSP's Gran Turismo came quite a while after the PSP did. (4 years after the console's release in the West)

Speculate as you will.

Novocaine

Can someone tell me how to leave a group message on PSN? I tried deleting the message on PS3/PS4/PSV but I'm still getting them.

What have I done?

Is the Vita version of this never gonna be $10 again or something? Been forever since that sale happened :(

I couldn't care less about the Vita DoA.

Unless they could somehow release a new version with Marie and Nyotengu in it.

Anyone here import Phantasy Star Nova? I'm really digging it :3 Does anyone know if the story is any good? I'm just pressing O during the dialogue scenes, the graphics are also pretty nice :)

I think Baekshi was planning to import it, but he pretends not to visit this thread. There were a handful of importers in the OT.

Cha

So, uh... what months are considered "Spring" in the US? April May-ish??

My eagerness for Resivilations2 has been suppressed a little after realizing that the port is not being handled by Cacpcom. Hope it's a good port and runs a lot better than Borderlands2. Depends on the studio handling it I guess.
I also hope that Octodad runs well on the Vita. Was always interested in the game wanted it to make it's way onto Vita at some point.

Renpatsu

Does Revelations 2 run on the unreal engine? I was under the impression that and the open world was the reason that port wasn't so hot.

Xenoflare

Does Revelations 2 run on the unreal engine? I was under the impression that and the open world was the reason that port wasn't so hot.

Wait I thought it's still gonna use MT-Framework? Revelations 1 used it and turned out great for the 3ds, though that game was developed as an exclusive to the 3ds first and then got ported.

12 deals of christmas #4
PS4:

PES 2015 Pro Evolution Soccer
Was €59.99/£49.99 /$84.95, now €34.99/£29.99/$47.95
PS Plus members save an additional 20%

PS3:

PES 2015 Pro Evolution Soccer
Was €49.99/£39.99 /$69.95, now €19.99/£15.99/$24.95
PS Plus members save an additional 20%

PS Vita:

Child of Light
Was €14.99 /£11.99/$19.75, now €5.99/£4.99 /$8.95
PS Plus members save an additional 10%

Child of Light Complete Edition
Was €24.99 /£19.99/$39.95, now €9.99/£7.99/$14.95
PS Plus members save an additional 10%
Child of Light is great, buy it

Tizoc

If anyone's wondering about the full list (since it's been pointed out the one that was posted wasn't) of Vita announcements, here it is as far as I can tell;

1. The Banner Saga - Spring 2015
2. Bastion - 2015
3. Broken Age - Spring 2015
4. Darkest Dungeon - Spring 2015
5. Day of the Tentacle: Special Edition - Spring 2015
6. Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions - Spring 2015
7. Grim Fandango Remastered - January 27th, 2015
8. MLB:The Show 15 - March 31st
9. Octodad: Dadliest Catch - Spring 2015
10. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Spring 2015
11. Severed - Spring 2015
12. Shovel Knight - 2015
13. Suikoden II (Includes #1) - December 9th, 2014
14. Super Time Force Ultra - Spring 2015
15. TowerFall Ascension - Spring 2015

Thanks for this! Hope Suikoden 2 will be a seperate release too XD
Ahh time to finish up an eff' ton of games now to make space for Sui 2 and Brandish.

BTW has anyone gotten pre-owned games from Best Buy before? When does thei B2G1 offer end, as I plan on using their site in like uh 9ish hours =X

Renpatsu

Normal version or Complete edition?
If you were quick you could have downloaded the additional DLC for free at launch due to a mistake.

At any rate the difference in price is not that much so I recommend just picking up the complete edition (for the additional gems, but more importantly for the Golem DLC), however by no means is it essential to the game as a whole.

If you were quick you could have downloaded the additional DLC for free at launch due to a mistake.

At any rate the difference in price is not that much so I recommend just picking up the complete edition (for the additional gems, but more importantly for the Golem DLC), however by no means is it essential to the game as a whole.

Missed that error, crap. Will probably pick up the complete edition. Sales are really good this year.

Top Bottom