• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

autoduelist

Autoduelist, have you played banner saga? That seems like it would be up your alley based on my knowledge of it. Haven't played it myself.

I haven't. I've almost pulled the trigger first on Kickstarter, then on Steam... because you're right, it's something I think I'd love. But my backlog problem is epic, and I almost exclusively play on vita, so I'm getting good at not buying games in hopes they come to Vita so I can buy
and actually play
them.

That was possibly the biggest surprise 'get' for me this conference, though I'm also extremely happy about Geometry Wars on vita. And I remember drooling over Darkest Dungeons awhile ago, so that's nice too.

It's really good to see people happy about a conference. Vita got tons of love -- and not just in a standalone segment, but often mentioned as 'coming to vita too'. Which is good.

Sony really needs to market Vita at dads. It's perfect for us.

I do have a question about that whole 3PP (third party productions) group. Do they have their 'list' available? Can we start harassing them into localizing DRPGs?

Really excited about next week's sales. I picked up a bunch of stuff this week, though am holding off on a few I only sort of want. I wish they were running a 100/15 promo this month, I'd buy 3 more games for sure.

Valkyria

Banned
Man I forgot we are already at december and I was missing the other thread.

Well fellow vita gaffers, today I bought another Vita for my fiancée, she has an USA account, and I have to say that you guys got several better things that we the euro people.

Now I just need another one for a Japanese account XDDDDDD.

Prelude.

Prelude, this is for you:

aEpMa1F.png

Thank you. At least they're acknowledging it.

Tizoc

Man I forgot we are already at december and I was missing the other thread.

Well fellow vita gaffers, today I bought another Vita for my fiancée, she has an USA account, and I have to say that you guys got several better things that we the euro people.

Now I just need another one for a Japanese account XDDDDDD.

Japan PSN has fuckton of stuff for Vita, all dem shoot'em-ups hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

antibolo

Banned
I just bought Yakuza 4 on PSN to show support towards the franchise.

I do hope we'll be getting Isshin and Zero eventually.

nampad

So I own the retail version of PvZ: GW and now that the game is free on PS4, I activate it of course.
I actually prefer the digital version so I don't need to put the disc in all the time. Do I need to download it can I activate my disc install somehow? How do I go about getting my savegame from the disc version to the download version?

It's too bad Giana Sisters isn't coming to vita. It would be a good fit, and it's in my backlog.
Any conventional wisdom on the new Lara Croft game? Liked the first one right well.
far as I can tell it's more of the same. Don't think there's much to say, tbh.

Tizoc

@wilflare- None of the english Yakuza games announced so far or available are on PS4, they're mainly PS3. So if you still have a PS3 give Yakuza 4 a try.

Well, ok, if Yakuza 5 is €20 I'm buying it day one.

I highly doubt that would be its price. It would be $40-50, and even if the EU ver. was priced higher I am willing to pay that price for it.

Any conventional wisdom on the new Lara Croft game? Liked the first one right well.

If you liked playing the first one co-op chances are you'll like this one too.
I think =X

Valkyria

Banned
Maybe someone can help me. The new Vita seems to be having problems with rear touch pad. It is always on Welcome Pak. A complete reboot fix it, but now I'm paranoid if it is a software bug or maybe the console may have a problem.

SxP

Is anyone else having trouble downloading stuff in Rest Mode (PS4)? I'm aware that there's a setting for enabling network connection in Rest Mode and I have that turned on. But for some reason my downloads do not progress in Rest Mode. Which is extremely annoying.

I asked on its own thread but I may as well ask here: I have always heard of Suikoden II, and how any JRPG fan should play it. I have 15$ sitting in my wallet, and I hear nothing but praise about the game so the question is, do I need to play the first game of the series to play this one, or is it a standalone title with a few nods here and there from the first?

That's been there since 2011 and was quietly cancelled a long time ago.

I remember when Konami announced it but I don't recall them ever saying it was actually cancelled. Did they release a statement about that? I have no doubt it is cancelled but are we just assuming or did they come out and state it isn't happening?

kevin1025

Banned
Is the Zone of the Enders HD Collection worth picking up? I see the PS3 version for $15 every time I'm in Walmart but I've never played them!

Christian

Considering they couldn't get ZOEHD running smoothly on PS3 until HexaDrive worked some magic, it's probably for the best that the Vita version never came out...

And you should most CERTAINLY play Suikoden before Suikoden II. Is it a prerequisite? No. But a large part of the series' appeal is its world and continuity. Suikoden II expands upon the peek you get in Suikoden, and it's part of what makes it so awe-inspiring. Put the extra dollar in your wallet and get them both.

Is the Zone of the Enders HD Collection worth picking up? I see the PS3 version for $15 every time I'm in Walmart but I've never played them!

YES. It's worth it for ZOE2 alone.

I asked on its own thread but I may as well ask here: I have always heard of Suikoden II, and how any JRPG fan should play it. I have 15$ sitting in my wallet, and I hear nothing but praise about the game so the question is, do I need to play the first game of the series to play this one, or is it a standalone title with a few nods here and there from the first?

it is a standalone title, but the second game plays off of the first. I'm trying to think of a good equivalent and failing. Perhaps the original pokemon games to gold/silver? There are lots of ties and the world is directly related, but there's no actual necessity in playing one before the other.

redcrayon

I haven't. I've almost pulled the trigger first on Kickstarter, then on Steam... because you're right, it's something I think I'd love. But my backlog problem is epic, and I almost exclusively play on vita, so I'm getting good at not buying games in hopes they come to Vita so I can buy
and actually play
them.

That was possibly the biggest surprise 'get' for me this conference, though I'm also extremely happy about Geometry Wars on vita. And I remember drooling over Darkest Dungeons awhile ago, so that's nice too.

It's really good to see people happy about a conference. Vita got tons of love -- and not just in a standalone segment, but often mentioned as 'coming to vita too'. Which is good.

Sony really needs to market Vita at dads. It's perfect for us.

I do have a question about that whole 3PP (third party productions) group. Do they have their 'list' available? Can we start harassing them into localizing DRPGs?

Really excited about next week's sales. I picked up a bunch of stuff this week, though am holding off on a few I only sort of want. I wish they were running a 100/15 promo this month, I'd buy 3 more games for sure.

I remember discussing Natural Doctrine with you a while back, and thought Banner Saga would be right up your street too when announced for Vita. Day one for me.

Agree on Vitadads, it's perfect for me. An hour's gaming on the way home from work, instant sleep/resume when at home, and a decent battery life too. I left it on the bedside table for a week and it was still at 3/4 charge.

it is a standalone title, but the second game plays off of the first. I'm trying to think of a good equivalent and failing. Perhaps the original pokemon games to gold/silver? There are lots of ties and the world is directly related, but there's no actual necessity in playing one before the other.

So I will be totally fine if I only play 2, awesome. If I really enjoy it I will go back to the first. Thanks the hype got the best of me, I've seen so many people call it the best PS1 JRPG that I just have to check it out.

Did everybody download your free EA games on Playstation platforms yet?

Yup. Probably never gonna get around to playing them like all of my Plus collection but oh well. Maybe Mirror's Edge, before the new one drops.

ecurbj

Are there any official Sony Vita sleeve / pouches for the OLED or Slim? I got the official Sony leather case but I want an alternative.

I would play the first to completion so you can take advantage of the cool bonuses you get in S2 from carrying over the clear data from S1. Suikoden 1 is also a rather short game overall and doesn't really overstay it's welcome. But yeah, when you start Suikoden 2 it asks you if you want to use the clear data upon finishing the first game. It's a satisfying reward IMO.

Top Bottom