• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

holysan

Finally got a 64 gb memcard (87€) for my Vita. Will use my current 16 gb one for my NA PSN account to play some PSX classics, Legend of Dragoon and Suikoden inc. (both for the first time). Too bad the Vita doesn’t have a slot for a 2nd card. They are so tiny, hope it won't get lost at some point :/

SerTapTap

PvZ Garden Warfare is surprisingly good, though I'm not a huge fan of the carrot & stick multiplayer design & consumables. Gameplay itself is good, hopefully I can get some matches with all friends, not really feeling like randos with voice chat

wilflare

I still have my PS3 - but sigh, I would want to play games like Yakuza etc on my PS4 instead (just to make use of the DS4, Share features, etc)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I remember when Konami announced it but I don't recall them ever saying it was actually cancelled. Did they release a statement about that? I have no doubt it is cancelled but are we just assuming or did they come out and state it isn't happening?
Their statement is not having one, they go silent whenever they're asked about it. Most likely to avoid any bad press and hope people quietly forget it existed, which seems to have worked. It was announced at E3 2011 before the Vita came out and proved itself to be a poor seller so between that and the poor job the 3rd party team did on the PS3 version I can't blame them for not wanting to make it.

Tapejara

Lmao, Scourge: Outbreak is actually releasing on PSN this week? I remember it was scheduled to release months ago before the GameSpy service shutdown. It's supposed to be terrible, but at least it's an easy platinum.

Well I hope someone shares some impressions on it soon. The japanese didnt seem to enjoy it very much... but then again, that same thing happened with Freedom Wars and I quite enjoyed that game. Idk what to expect, game looks interesting at the very least. Oh, and pretty too.

Shizuka

Well I hope someone shares some impressions on it soon. The japanese didnt seem to enjoy it very much... but then again, that same thing happened with Freedom Wars and I quite enjoyed that game. Idk what to expect, game looks interesting at the very least. Oh, and pretty too.

Oreshika 2 was bought mostly from fans of the first game and it got criticized by being too different from the first game. We didn't get the first game back then, so I guess there won't be any issues on that front.

Oreshika 2 was bought mostly from fans of the first game and it got criticized by being too different from the first game. We didn't get the first game back then, so I guess there won't be any issues on that front.

That puts some of my worries to rest then. Hopefully nothing gets lost from that first game to the second one story wise. The mechanics from what you said must be somewhat different from the first so no issues there then. I'm pretty excited for this game, it's a shame that they aren't even giving us little nuggets of info, I mean if the game is playable already at this event they could at the very least give us a small update "hey game's alive, coming next year, yada, yada". Didn't get one single mention aside from this tweet that Takao shared with us... sigh /:

One of my friends who lives a few houses down just text to say he got on fine. Not sure I believe him though so asked for a pic to prove it and not had one back so no confirmation on that yet. I still can't get on though keeps saying:

The connection to server has been terminated (CE-34861-2)

All good in on my end, must be only some areas.

You tried signing out and back in or were you already signed in?

It's strange the Playstation app on my phone won't load either so it's not just the PS4 and I tried it on my phone via wifi and 3G to eliminate my internet connection. It just keeps failing when trying to contact PSN.

This is SO annoying. Why is it that when I leave my Vita to download something overnight, sometimes it completes, sometimes it pauses at some random time? Wifi power save is off.

This is SO annoying. Why is it that when I leave my Vita to download something overnight, sometimes it completes, sometimes it pauses at some random time? Wifi power save is off.

Wifi powersave has nothing to do with downloads pausing or not.

If you want your downloads to continue, the easiest way I've found is to leave the notifications bar open with the download progress showing and just let your Vita fall asleep (don't hit power).

Never had it fail me yet.

Are you sure you're using the proper sleep mode?

What most people don't realize is that there are two very different sleep modes on Vita.
First is when you push on the power button.
Second is "letting it enter sleep mode". <-- you want this​

Another reason is that your connection dropped (by that I don't mean it's caused by the Vita).

ecurbj

I am really liking Need For Speed: Most Wanted on the Vita. I kinda wish there was a Burnout game on the Vita though.

Shizuka

Why are you asking just GO. Yes I still see it as free at least on my UK account that didn't buy it

Just got them, they're still free. Decided to start redeeming the free PS+ games for platforms I don't own, even if I might never play them. I've missed a couple of Vita games because they were PS4/PS3 PS+ games that got cross-buy months later.

NFS on the Vita was not a very good looking game but it's feature packed that its my guilty pleasure game for the Vita. Shame there are no alternative arcadey racing game in the Vita. The other racing games are pretty fun too but they are mostly simulation games.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Can't really splurge that much this month but next month should be clear for me.

SerTapTap

Just got them, they're still free. Decided to start redeeming the free PS+ games for platforms I don't own, even if I might never play them. I've missed a couple of Vita games because they were PS4/PS3 PS+ games that got cross-buy months later.
Ack, definitely always activate PS+ stuff, you never know when you might end up with a console you don't have now, then you end up with a console and an instant library of games

Producer

Nice to see english screenshots of Oreshika. Lets us know they're at least working on it.

i enjoyed the demo, but man i have a feeling its gonna be digital only for us.

incpdo

Disney Infinity 2.0 for Vita still exists. It's coming with an exclusive Black Suit Spiderman figure: https://twitter.com/andrearene/status/541698002444750848

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is still getting a western release as well: https://t.co/F34TiQkL7i

ok i was never interested in any disney infinity packs but this one is catching my insterest. If the game plays well and is not a very limited version of what the main game is then i will surely support disney with this.

baekshi

Banned
Has Sony released any of their games as digital only? I think we'll get a physical release.

Soul Sacrifice Delta
Vita Pets
Invizimals: The Alliance
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Minecraft (Voucher only)
MLB The Show 2015 (Voucher Only)

more digital release expected coming:
The Muppets Movie Adventures
Invizimals: The Resistance
Oreshika 2
Resident Evil Revelation 2

Kerned

Banned
Ack, definitely always activate PS+ stuff, you never know when you might end up with a console you don't have now, then you end up with a console and an instant library of games
Yup, that's partially why I bought a Vita. I realized that I had about a dozen games ready to download.

Flandy

Soul Sacrifice Delta
Vita Pets
Invizimals: The Alliance
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Minecraft (Voucher only)
MLB The Show 2015 (Voucher Only)

more digital release expected coming:
The Muppets Movie Adventures
Invizimals: The Resistance
Oreshika 2
Resident Evil Revelation 2

wat r u doing here

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Nice to see english screenshots of Oreshika. Lets us know they're at least working on it.

i enjoyed the demo, but man i have a feeling its gonna be digital only for us.

Not surprising considering its going to be a massively niche game with how its designed. On top of since the story is partially connected to the first game will be odd for some folks wandering in without having played the original.

Its an interesting concept and has some good points, but also a lot of negative ones too. So really can imagine that to save $$$ and not have to extend the budget with all the things having to do with a physical release, possibly digital only.

Unless they just do a real low number print, then from there just tell folks they will have to go digital after. They would not be able to do some sort of print X number of copies from pre-order numbers as schedule wise just does not work out. Unless someone internally really pushed hard for a special budget to allow for that. But they would have to announce it way ahead of time to get it all set up to work.

If it is physical folks would have to expect a low number of copies.

One thing Sony does need to do when they release it is have the vita theme ready too, since its awesome lol.

*reposting
IWIF77a.jpg

L2Sz1VG.jpg

iwP4SN8.jpg

All that aside, those who dont mind old school game mechanics and want a title they can play for a pretty long time, Oreshika 2 most def has that. The whole family / offspring aspect is amusing too. Though will take a bit of messing around to wrap ones head around things with it and how you can make use of it to the best possibly way.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
wtf browser. double post when was editing the message to include the screenshots. fixed and added post from here to the one above. apologies folks.

Top Bottom