• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

nampad

Man, Akiba's Trip is doing that annoying thing many games do.
You fight the boss and he runs away just to fight him again so he can run away.
That really bugs me.

Well, can anyone tell me how far I am through the game? I just finished the following mission:
went with Shizuku to Yodobashi Camera plaza and fought HYPER Zenya just to have Rin come rushing in and proclaim she is Shizuku's sister.
Thanks in advance.

fr98Mab.jpg

Monopoly Deal - PS4

The actual game is fun but the problem is that there is no AI single player and this game relies on mutiplayer to actually play. The game is of moderately complexity and the tutorial does a good job of explaining most of the rules but it will take 2 or 3 times of playing to figure it out. The game is better with more players but I mostly found only one other person to play with. Not sure if anybody will be playing outside of the launch week. I am surprised I found as many games as I did with a leaderboard that has only about 150 people on it. There is one card that can be drawn that significantly breaks the game especially in a two player game but other than that it is a well designed game that requires good strategy. Fun if you get your friends to buy it and play with you.

7/10

csayoW2.jpg

Secret Ponchos - PS4

Wish I could like this game more. It is a simple twin stick multiplayer game with controls that are more complicated than it seems necessary. There is no tutorial so good luck figuring it out live in this multiplayer only game. Added to that is that each character is significantly different and unbalanced. The female character seems completely useless. The most frustrating thing is that matchmaking is terrible. Constant patches seem to go out but is still seems broken. Even if you get in a match after the 5 minute game is over it throws you back into matchmaking so most of your game time with this game is waiting to get into a game. Not worth my time but it can be fun if you don't mind looking at matchmaking screens.

5/10

batrush

I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them here. Great pouch. Very slim though. There's only room for the Vita 2000. The system shifts slightly inside, but I don't doubt that the case would protect the Vita from a serious fall.

Probably the best case around for the Vita 2000 owner who has gone all digital, or at least doesn't mind carrying their games in a separate case.
Mine will arrive tomorrow. Good to hear it's very slim. I'm going mostly digital and do not want a case with unnecessary bulk.

Great deal.

A native Vita version of Rock Boshers DX version is coming out tomorrow so here is my review of the PS Mobile version:

Kdh7jJJ.jpg

Rock Boshers DX - PS Mobile

Unique cross between Robotron, Guantlet and puzzle game. Thought it would be a standard retro twin stick shooter but it is more Gauntlet and puzzle game. Weird that it uses so little of the screen and kinda hard to see. Fake retro games are getting old but this was interesting enough to keep my attention. Half the fun is figuring out what to do because it doesn't explain anything so it is very puzzley. You really need to plan out your approach to beat a level under the allotted time. Surprisingly good but I could understand the tough sell on it because of the ugly graphics that takes the retro approach to the extreme of actually conforming to retro resolutions, using a fake "loading tape" screen and lack of colors.

7/10

I am hoping the new version puts this game full screen so it easier to see on my Vita. I probably won't re-buy regardless.

Renpatsu

ZX Spectrum, eh?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I now look forward to the new version.
I remember the original game was given out during the PS Mobile Christmas promotion last year.

You should play it because it has a solid premise and it's execution is on point.

autoduelist

Wifi powersave has nothing to do with downloads pausing or not.

If you want your downloads to continue, the easiest way I've found is to leave the notifications bar open with the download progress showing and just let your Vita fall asleep (don't hit power).

Never had it fail me yet.

I don't do any of that, and my vita downloads anything/everything with no problems. Including pushed content from the webstore. It's all about the powersave option for me.

It also doesn't matter whether I let it time out or hit the power button for sleep.

My vita must be in god mode.

I'm deleting any friend requests any of you may or may not send me. I don't give a shit if you say that you're from PSN/VitaGaf. That means nothing to me unless you specify your gaf name as well. Your Gaf name is the same as your PSN name you say? Wonderful! I however cannot be bothered to remember all your names or to check if it matches someones name on gaf. So, specify your name if you send me a friend request or I'll just delete it.

I accept friend requests from anyone that sends them to me. It's not like I remember who they are or where they're from a week later, anyway.

Heck, I try to rebuy games I already own a couple times a year too.

Monopoly Deal - PS4
Secret Ponchos - PS4

Welp. I really wanted to buy Monopoly Deal but if it's online only that's a sad no-go because I absolutely hate looking for matches on low populated games.

And I didn't realize Secret Ponchos was online only... i haven't had a chance to boot it up yet (BoI) but I thought it was a single player game and was hoping it would be like the old coinop arcade game gun smoke.

Soul Sacrifice Delta
Vita Pets
Invizimals: The Alliance
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Ratchet and Clank Collection
Minecraft (Voucher only)
MLB The Show 2015 (Voucher Only)

more digital release expected coming:
The Muppets Movie Adventures
Invizimals: The Resistance
Oreshika 2
Resident Evil Revelation 2

Are you saying the Show 2015 will be a voucher only?

The Show 2014 definitely had a physical release.

A native Vita version of Rock Boshers DX version is coming out tomorrow so here is my review of the PS Mobile version:

Kdh7jJJ.jpg

Rock Boshers DX - PS Mobile

Unique cross between Robotron, Guantlet and puzzle game. Thought it would be a standard retro twin stick shooter but it is more Gauntlet and puzzle game. Weird that it uses so little of the screen and kinda hard to see. Fake retro games are getting old but this was interesting enough to keep my attention. Half the fun is figuring out what to do because it doesn't explain anything so it is very puzzley. You really need to plan out your approach to beat a level under the allotted time. Surprisingly good but I could understand the tough sell on it because of the ugly graphics that takes the retro approach to the extreme of actually conforming to retro resolutions, using a fake "loading tape" screen and lack of colors.

7/10

I am hoping the new version puts this game full screen so it easier to see on my Vita. I probably won't re-buy regardless.

Sold, thanks!

SerTapTap

Bought Driveclub, can't buy the Vita 2000.

BTW yeah I think The Show 2015 on Vita is confirmed to be a voucher only. Wario64 said $20 too, not sure if that's confirmed or what. I wouldn't necessarily be worried though, Patapon 2 launched at $20 and is one of the best PSP games period.

Welp. I really wanted to buy Monopoly Deal but if it's online only that's a sad no-go because I absolutely hate looking for matches on low populated games.

And I didn't realize Secret Ponchos was online only... i haven't had a chance to boot it up yet (BoI) but I thought it was a single player game and was hoping it would be like the old coinop arcade game gun smoke.

Yeah both of those games have the same problem of lots of staring at matchmaking screens. Monopoly Deal's games at least last about 20-30 minutes while Secret Ponchos is about a 5-10 minute game.

ZX Spectrum, eh?

Oh yeah after looking at screenshots of Spectrum games that makes sense. Thought the developer was maybe channeling C64 or Apple II. I didn't live in Europe during that time so I never experienced Spectrum games.

E the Shaggy

Having been on a bunch of flights this year, I'm thinking getting a Vita may be in my future to kill some of the time on the flights.

I've bought a number of PSN games on my PS3 and PS4 that were also available on the Vita. Can I just transfer those over or did I need to specifically buy them for the Vita?

Sarcasm

Having been on a bunch of flights this year, I'm thinking getting a Vita may be in my future to kill some of the time on the flights.

I've bought a number of PSN games on my PS3 and PS4 that were also available on the Vita. Can I just transfer those over or did I need to specifically buy them for the Vita?

If you own Vita games already..you own them. You will just need a memory card and download them. That gamestop deal is a good buy.

Depends on the game but most games that come out for both are cross-buy. Might want to check on the store to see which ones you would need to rebuy. On your Vita you will need to download the specific Vita version.

SerTapTap

You can't transfer them as they're different builds of the game, but if they were cross buy they should be available for free on the PS Store. You can in theory check your download list, but A) the download list is a pain in the ass B) if the game launched on Vita AFTER other versions and is "retroactive cross buy" you probably still have to "buy" it for free on the PS Store anyway, I had to do that for PS4 spelunky.

So it eventually happened. My 32 gig card is full. I thought I just played Spelunky and Binding of Isaac on this thing??! :p

my 32gb has been full for about a year. I keep waiting on the 64 gb to get announced in America, but it looks like Sony wants me to import it. Sony I want to support SCEA so they keep bringing stuff to America, let me spend money!!!

I have so many games that aren't on the memory card. so many games...

Have any of y'all who are eligible gotten your refunds from the Vita class action? I should be eligible, but I haven't heard anything yet.

E the Shaggy

You can't transfer them as they're different builds of the game, but if they were cross buy they should be available for free on the PS Store. You can in theory check your download list, but A) the download list is a pain in the ass B) if the game launched on Vita AFTER other versions and is "retroactive cross buy" you probably still have to "buy" it for free on the PS Store anyway, I had to do that for PS4 spelunky.

Do all PS1 games bought on PSN transfer?

I got both Isaac and Spelunky through PS+, were those cross buys?

BTW yeah I think The Show 2015 on Vita is confirmed to be a voucher only. Wario64 said $20 too, not sure if that's confirmed or what. I wouldn't necessarily be worried though, Patapon 2 launched at $20 and is one of the best PSP games period.

That's a good chunk of precious Vita memory tho. I played an earlier version of the The Show on Vita and I enjoyed it a lot. I think they simplified it over the home console versions because I was actual able to figure out how to play it on Vita. First sports game where I actually enjoyed sim-ing an individual player. I play my sports franchises every 6 years so I'll enjoy The Show 2019 on Vita 2.

SerTapTap

edit: I had to sign out of my gamestop account and forfeight my playmoney points, but I got that $180 Borderlands bundle from gamestop. I now need to sell a 4GB card, two 8GB cards, Lego Movie and Borderlands 2. Ugh I hate selling things

Uh, Isaac was NOT cross buy but both versions were on PS+ seperately--hopefully you claimed both. Spelunky is cross buy.

You don't have to rebuy PS1 games for Vita, but some don't work. It's...complicated. But if the game is "allowed" to play on Vita you can download it for free and copy over your memory card files (kind of a pain but it works)

Tizoc

Unlike Pretendo, PSX Classics are universal 1 buy purchase and can run on PS3, PSP or PS Vita if stated, no need to buy again.
Once the PS4 can run PS1 games, you can relive those classics on dat 1080p.

ecurbj

That's a good chunk of precious Vita memory tho. I played an earlier version of the The Show on Vita and I enjoyed it a lot. I think they simplified it over the home console versions because I was actual able to figure out how to play it on Vita. First sports game where I actually enjoyed sim-ing an individual player. I play my sports franchises every 6 years so I'll enjoy The Show 2019 on Vita 2.
Q2y8Vz9.gif

SerTapTap

Is this actually going to happen?

PS1 on PS4? Eventually I should hope. But it's not announced/confirmed. 1080p? Doubt it. some stuff looks great in 1080p/anti aliased on emulators, but many games totally break. Even with access to an official emulator I'm not sure they'll be able to/want to bother

Producer

i just upgraded to a 32gb and have a spare 8gb. What can i do with this?

i cant use 2 memories with the same account can i?

maouvin

i just upgraded to a 32gb and have a spare 8gb. What can i do with this?

i cant use 2 memories with the same account can i?

You can. Bubble placement may get messed up after swapping cards, though.
And they're not hot-swappable. Always turn the Vita off before removing a card.

Still can't believe they didn't announce PS One/2 emulation at the 20th anniversary event, seemed like a perfect opportunity

I'm surprised so many people think this is a sure thing. What is the incentive for Sony? Sony would be undercutting the sales of PS Now and remakes/remasters. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE PS1/PS2 support on PS4, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm surprised so many people think this is a sure thing. What is the incentive for Sony? Sony would be undercutting the sales of PS Now and remakes/remasters. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE PS1/PS2 support on PS4, but I'm not holding my breath.

The incentive for sony is there for PS1 titles: they consistently sell on PS3/PSvita and they are relatively easy to emulate on current hardware. In addition, it may make more sense for Sony to sell them outright due to their file sizes. It may take more bandwidth then they are worth if streamed through PSNOW (Why stream 300Mb-1gb an hour [estimate and not a good one] when you can send the entire game and emulate it locally?)

PS2 makes sense emulating through PSNow, the assets are finicky to work with (good PC emulation takes some serious specs), and they can have fairly large file sizes, so streaming from an external emulation location may make sense.

I just can't see how PSNow works with Playstation 1 titles, these titles do not get HD remasters (FFVII PC Port notwithstanding) and they sell as is. Hell, I know many people who have bought PS1 classics over again when they bought hardware for a second time (and forgot their old PSN username and password).

One way to mitigate PS1 Classics costs would be a relicensing fee, similar to what Nintendo has done for their VC Classics.

The incentive for sony is there for PS1 titles: they consistently sell on PS3/PSvita and they are relatively easy to emulate on current hardware. In addition, it may make more sense for Sony to sell them outright due to their file sizes. It may take more bandwidth then they are worth if streamed through PSNOW (Why stream 300Mb-1gb an hour [estimate and not a good one] when you can send the entire game and emulate it locally?)

PS2 makes sense emulating through PSNow, the assets are finicky to work with (good PC emulation takes some serious specs), and they can have fairly large file sizes, so streaming from an external emulation location may make sense.

I just can't see how PSNow works with Playstation 1 titles, these titles do not get HD remasters (FFVII PC Port notwithstanding) and they sell as is. Hell, I know many people who have bought PS1 classics over again when they bought hardware for a second time (and forgot their old PSN username and password).

One way to mitigate PS1 Classics costs would be a relicensing fee, similar to what Nintendo has done for their VC Classics.

Thanks, hadn't really thought of the bandwidth costs. That is a pretty compelling argument.

Strongly recommend this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FZ24MZM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Screwed up during the application, but the Illumishield folks quickly shipped a replacement. It's a pack of three. Great value.

Thanks, ordered one.

Welp The Witcher 3 got delayed from February to May 19th. I don't mind, the beginning of next year is already so packed. Also it will now be releasing close to my birthday, seems like a great way to spend my 21st anniversary lol.

ryseing

Driveclub for $35, any of you all play? Thinking of getting it, sounds like it's pretty much feature complete and fixed now? Good single player?Do people still drive like maniacs in the multiplayer? I love doing that in Burnout Paradise but this doesn't seem like the sort of game where that's fun.

SP is excellent, and everything has been fixed. MP isn't my scene, so can't help you there.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I'm mad Gamestop just randomly cancelled my 32gb Vita Memory Card outta nowhere after waiting a week now :/
I wish amazon had price matched them that day :(

Khronico

Well, topped up my wallet with $40 for the upcoming weeks of that sale. Hopefully there's more vita games on sale tomorrow -_-

Top Bottom