• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

ecurbj

Anyone else have an opinion on the psp 2000 vs the 3000? There appear to be differences in battery life and screen quality, and the latter is pretty debatable, sounds like. Anyone care to weigh in?
I would like to know this as well. I'm looking to add a PSP to my collection again.

ecurbj

Thinking I'm getting myself this as a christmas gift unless someone gives me a reason to get another 2000 instead: http://www.gamestop.com/psp/consoles/sony-psp-system-3000-black-recharged-refurbished/107575
Do it!

I might buy a new one off eBay. But I really don't see a difference between the 2000 and the 3000 really other than the interlacing / scan lines issue that I think were the early 3000 modes. Actually come to think of it the 2000 has the ghosting while the 3000 has the interlaced screen issue. Not many see it. The 3000 has an anti-reflective technology with it and a better mic (not sure what reason it will have online wise since online is shut off for the PSP).

Battery is of course equal but would be better on the 3000 because it's a newer revision.

Clearly squirtle.
Anyone else have an opinion on the psp 2000 vs the 3000? There appear to be differences in battery life and screen quality, and the latter is pretty debatable, sounds like. Anyone care to weigh in?

I had a 2000 & 3000 and there really were not many differences. The screen differences are overstated. My 2000 UMD drive broke and my 3000 keeps ticking. It is my Peggle machine.

Flandy

Played some PvZ Garden Warfare with some randoms just now and it was great.
Joined a random match of the hoarde mode type thing and I got a party invite when I joined. Cool guys and I ended up adding them to my friend list to play again in the future lol

Yukianesa

Neo Member
No one is going to suggest the PSP Go?
Haha

Superior screen quality with none of the issues present in the 2000 and 3000 series. It also has a better form factor and battery life.

I'm going to assume the lack of UMD drive won't be a problem because we're all Vita owners.

ZeroAKA

Haha

Superior screen quality with none of the issues present in the 2000 and 3000 series. It also has a better form factor and battery life.

I'm going to assume the lack of UMD drive won't be a problem because we're all Vita owners.
The lack of a UMD drive is probably the reason why people aren't recommending it. The Vita can play pretty much everything the Go can play already.

Is anyone still playing Treasures of Montezuma Arena? I haven't gotten any log in bonus in over a week, and I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem.

I had a 2000 & 3000 and there really were not many differences. The screen differences are overstated. My 2000 UMD drive broke and my 3000 keeps ticking. It is my Peggle machine.
This is why I'm getting a new one. :\
Do it!

I might buy a new one off eBay. But I really don't see a difference between the 2000 and the 3000 really other than the interlacing / scan lines issue that I think were the early 3000 modes. Actually come to think of it the 2000 has the ghosting while the 3000 has the interlaced screen issue. Not many see it. The 3000 has an anti-reflective technology with it and a better mic (not sure what reason it will have online wise since online is shut off for the PSP).

Battery is of course equal but would be better on the 3000 because it's a newer revision.
Yeah, I think I will. Gotta see how much income I have this month. Goodluck finding a new one. The price seemed to be trending at around 130$ USD, which isn't too bad.
Haha

The lack of a UMD drive is probably the reason why people aren't recommending it. The Vita can play pretty much everything the Go can play already.
Yeah, I need one for physical UMDs. I have a PSP2000 with CFW (and broken UMD tray) and a Vita (obvs), so I don't really want a Go.

Sarcasm

My psp 1k and 2K still work flawlessly. Nothing broken or scratched, even changed the buttons on my 2K.

Not to mention they been moved many times, even to a different country on a fourteen hour flight.

Nudull

Banned
Debating between buying Tales From the Borderlands or waiting for Game of Thrones. I'd look up some reviews, but I don't want to get spoiled.

Tizoc

I have a question about Disney Infinity for the Vita.
Say I get the Black Spidey Suit edition of the game and that'd be the ONLY toy I buy for it. I just use the pad the game comes with to have that Spiderman in my game and won't need the pad+toy if I'm away from it, to play the game?

MQX

Welp. I'm pulled back big time to my Vita. Banner Saga, New SAO, Geometry Wars 3 and Resident Evil made me rethink about leaving my Vita. Watching corrosivefrost play Geometry Wars makes me feel giddy and excited to it dropping unto the Vita. Yeah it might be not as smooth as the other versions are, but playing that and TxK (?) on a long bus ride is fun.

Next Year should be fun. Hopefully some more VNs will be localized so I won't be burned on a single genre.
Digimon, Gundam & God Eater are the only things left on my wishlist.
Welcome back. I had a feeling you would come back ;P.

I couldn't care less about the Vita DoA.

Unless they could somehow release a new version with Marie and Nyotengu in it.
I'm really wondering why Team Ninja doesn't want to release an update or a new version called LR+. DOA5 Plus played well on the Vita :/.

Finally got a 64 gb memcard (87€) for my Vita. Will use my current 16 gb one for my NA PSN account to play some PSX classics, Legend of Dragoon and Suikoden inc. (both for the first time). Too bad the Vita doesn’t have a slot for a 2nd card. They are so tiny, hope it won't get lost at some point :/
Got a question. I got myself a 64GB Vita card.

I already formatted the old 8GB because I sold it on Ebay. The PSN are system bound right? There will be nothing on the old card, innit?
Holysan and Blablurn:
u68LjR9.gif

:p

I'm hoping SCEE doesn't screw this game on the store by making it incompatible for the Vita :/(like how they did with the Silent Hill and YGO TF 5 on the store :/).

Clearly squirtle.
Old post of mine:
I think you should go for the 3000 model. Because it has a better screen than the 2000. I only have the 2000 model. So I can't really compare those 2 models :/. But if I see some Youtube comparison video's, than it looks to me that the screen of the 3000 model looks much better :/(the screen looks more vibrant than the 2000 model).
I hope this will help :p.

wilflare

I love my Vita. I bring it everywhere I go.
I visit this thread everyday hoping for some megatons.

Suikoden II Vita - 108 Stars Aligned for this day.

SOON

EU PSN: 12 deals of Christmas
PS4:

Destiny Digital Guardian Edition
Was €99.99/£84.99/AU$129.95, now €69.99/£54.99/AU$99.95

Destiny
Was €69.99/£54.99/AU$99.95, now €44.99/£34.99/AU$59.95

PS3:

Destiny Digital Guardian Edition
Was €99.99/£79.99/AU$129.95, now €69.99/£54.99/AU$99.95

Destiny
Was €69.99/£49.99/AU$99.95, now €44.99/£29.99/AU$55.95

PS Vita:

Street Fighter X Tekken
Was €44.99/£39.99/AU$62.95, now €8.99/£7.39/AU$13.45
PS Plus members save an additional 10%
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...adbpr=36969785&emcid=social_20141209_36962757

Tizoc

Went ahead and ordered Rayman Origins Vita and Ys Celceta retail off of Amazon. These 1st World 64 GB problems oi vey...

SerTapTap

Uh I hope the US's is about 10x better than that

Debating between buying Tales From the Borderlands or waiting for Game of Thrones. I'd look up some reviews, but I don't want to get spoiled.

Heard nothing but positives about Tales from the borderlands FWIW

seconding this. One of the few localized STGs on ps3, great game. Damn i hope to see some Raiden V footage soon, its gonna look amazing

Don't forget the Gundemonium games! One of the cheaper and more easily available options, some of my favs too. The shmup situation on PS is all weird. Hoped PS4 would reverse that but it seems like it may not.

Wifi powersave has nothing to do with downloads pausing or not.

If you want your downloads to continue, the easiest way I've found is to leave the notifications bar open with the download progress showing and just let your Vita fall asleep (don't hit power).

Never had it fail me yet.

Are you sure you're using the proper sleep mode?

What most people don't realize is that there are two very different sleep modes on Vita.
First is when you push on the power button.
Second is "letting it enter sleep mode". <-- you want this​

Another reason is that your connection dropped (by that I don't mean it's caused by the Vita).

I just tried both letting it sleep, and sleep via power button. The PS button light just turns off after a while (10-20 mins?) which means the download already paused. :/ It's definitely not my connection since I don't experience any problem elsewhere.

Got to play The Dark Below for a bit before going back to studying mode. God how I wish I was playing it right now, screw finals.

Also Suikoden II is dropping today isn't it? Has a price point for it been stated? I have the 15$ from the last 100$ PSN promo still chilling in my wallet lol.

SerTapTap

Got to play The Dark Below for a bit before going back to studying mode. God how I wish I was playing it right now, screw finals.

Also Suikoden II is dropping today isn't it? Has a price point for it been stated? I have the 15$ from the last 100$ PSN promo still chilling in my wallet lol.

$10 according to Polygon. I believe all PS1 classics are either $6 or $10 anyway.

Nudull

Banned

$9.99

Got Freedom Wars recently... Why is this game so easily forgotten? There's a lot to like and I feel it's the biggest AAA production on Vita we will get in a while.

Ephidel

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but after solving my USB connection issue from the other month (thanks to those who tried to help, it turned out not to be the cables, but that my drivers had somehow reverted. Once I re-updated them I got it working) it seems that now my vita's 64gb card has decided to stop working.
When I went to turn my vita on just now it gave me this warning:
The memory card has been removed.
Do not remove the memory card while the PS Vita system is in use. If you do, the data may become corrupt.

The PS Vita system will restart.
It hadn't, but after a restart it won't go any further than the epilepsy warning screen. I've tried rebuilding the database but the screen just goes blank. I tried doing a system restore, except now it won't go past the sony entertainment network screen. I've attempted to format the memory card but it just tells me "No memory card is inserted"

If I put another memory card in, then after a rebuild it works, but obviously I kinda want THIS card to work.

Any suggestions on how I can get it to acknowledge it? I'm not particularly fussed about losing any data on the card because I've backed up my games and saves regularly, but I really don't want to lose the card, and I don't think I'd be able to get a replacement - it's only a few months old but dealing with ninnin during my order was such a nightmare that I can't see it happening :|

SerTapTap

Any suggestions on how I can get it to acknowledge it? I'm not particularly fussed about losing any data on the card because I've backed up my games and saves regularly, but I really don't want to lose the card, and I don't think I'd be able to get a replacement - it's only a few months old but dealing with ninnin during my order was such a nightmare that I can't see it happening :|

Clean the contacts on the card? Only that card having the issue? I would guess either a dead card or dirty contacts. Contacts are a solvable (easily) issue so start with that. If it does that immediately on boot, every time, it doesn't sound good though and hopefully you would have noticed corrosion on the card (plus I usually only see this on many year old cards that have been exposed to the elements, not stuff inside a system),

$10 according to Polygon. I believe all PS1 classics are either $6 or $10 anyway.

Good stuff thanks guys.

Cool batch of a minimalist Video Game/Anime vita backgrounds

http://imgur.com/a/ov0oo

Amazing how I know where every one of those characters come from LOL.

Suikoden II better be up when I get back from my final or there will be rage. And tears.

Mine are only over on friday :'(

Ephidel

Clean the contacts on the card? Only that card having the issue? I would guess either a dead card or dirty contacts. Contacts are a solvable (easily) issue so start with that. If it does that immediately on boot, every time, it doesn't sound good though and hopefully you would have noticed corrosion on the card (plus I usually only see this on many year old cards that have been exposed to the elements, not stuff inside a system),
I was dreading that. The contacts appear fine, and I've cleaned them a couple of times with no change.

Ephidel

Is it a 64GB card?
Yes.

Edit: The more I sit here stewing over it, the more annoyed I am. And pissed off. And disappointed.

Most stupid of all is the fact that of all things what I regret most is the fact that I'm not going to have my Near data from my trip to Iceland. I only got back last weekend and I'd been using it to keep track of the places I went, because attempting to write those names down myself based on how place names sounded was just about impossible and the coach tour had handy wifi for gps updates. It's only now that I realise I never actually went back through it and wrote them down for my own records. It's a stupid, stupid thing to regret, but it's just about the only thing I didn't have a backup of, and of course it has to be the only thing that is utterly impossible for me to get back :(
And I'm kicking myself because I had so many chances to write it all down and I didn't and now I can't :(

Top Bottom