• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

maouvin

Got Freedom Wars recently... Why is this game so easily forgotten? There's a lot to like and I feel it's the biggest AAA production on Vita we will get in a while.

We didn't forget it, there's still some life on the OT! :)
But people been dropping it recently, mostly due to the crafting system. Not something you'll need to worry about before the endgame though. But I took a break from the game before dealing with RNGesus again.

edit: TOTP: buy all the Senran Kaguras on Vita.

v1perz53

I just tried both letting it sleep, and sleep via power button. The PS button light just turns off after a while (10-20 mins?) which means the download already paused. :/ It's definitely not my connection since I don't experience any problem elsewhere.

Yea it's finicky. Despite people having sure fire ways to make it work, I have had downloads stop using every method (though they generally do not stop). Another option is to leave a slide show playing infinitely so your Vita never goes to sleep at all or something about playing an MP3 file. Not sure how viable that is overnight though.

ATXAlchemy said:
Are you sure you're using the proper sleep mode?

What most people don't realize is that there are two very different sleep modes on Vita.
First is when you push on the power button.
Second is "letting it enter sleep mode". <-- you want this
Another reason is that your connection dropped (by that I don't mean it's caused by the Vita).

But while I've had downloads stop using every method, I actually have the most success putting the vita into sleep mode using the power button. I do this every time when I have downloads going and they've only stopped once or twice. Had them stop slightly more often when letting the Vita go to sleep naturally.

tl;dr Vita downloads are weird.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Vita, like every recent Sony product, has a cheap wifi antenna. Sometimes they seem to not get along well with certain routers and you never ever get top speed out of them.

Well, even then, you can check for cross buy Vita/PS3 games. Replaying games isn't everybody's thing, but I personally loved playing through Flower again, looks so good on PS4 and it's been a long time since I played.

Ah, I bet Flower is amazing on PS4 and I do have it! Good suggestion.

SerTapTap

Should I bother with downloading a "perfect" suikoden 1 file to import for 2? I beat 1 but have no where near a perfect file, I hear you get something in it

Ah, I bet Flower is amazing on PS4 and I do have it! Good suggestion.

Better in both control and looks (the DS4 has a much better gyro). I was surprised how much better it looks with mostly just the resolution bump.

ZeroAKA

I think the bigger news (at least for me) is this:
We’ve also got an added bonus for you this week — use PayPal to add $60 to your PS Store wallet today through Tuesday, December 16th, and you’ll get a $10 PS Store credit. You’ll receive a voucher code for your $10 credit by December 23rd, 2014, via system messaging on PS4 and the email account used for your SEN account.

antibolo

Banned
Blue Estate is a pretty cool game if you ever tried the accelerometer-based input method on the PS4 virtual keyboard and thought "man, that could work well as a rail shooter".

Not a fan of the humor though.

Man the intro to Suikoden II is so sexy. So happy I can finally play this. Also probably going to buy a physical copy this month since the price has dropped significantly.

SerTapTap

Speaking of Strider, does it get better or worse as it goes on? I played an hour or two, it was okay, but I got super lost once and was neither super impressed nor utterly bored.

Mechanics, fine. Sense of good taste, terrible.

I did a quick google and think I can guess what you're referring to. And why I had never heard of it. Considering if it's worth the $4 to experience weird gyro aiming controls. I do love weird attempts at controls/mechanics.

Those who bought Suikoden II please post your thoughts on it here, I'd love to hear some opinions on it since I won't be able to play until the end of the week, like if the gameplay still holds up after all these years, how it looks on the vita, etc

antibolo

Banned
I did a quick google and think I can guess what you're referring to. And why I had never heard of it. Considering if it's worth the $4 to experience weird gyro aiming controls. I do love weird attempts at controls/mechanics.

The game also uses the touchpad in pretty interesting ways.

Those who bought Suikoden II please post your thoughts on it here, I'd love to hear some opinions on it since I won't be able to play until the end of the week, like if the gameplay still holds up after all these years, how it looks on the vita, etc

Greatest turn based RPG of all time; Very similar to Dragon Quest in it's world building, but not necessarily in themes or aesthetic; Brilliant characters and lots of them; Looks brilliant on the vita, especially w/out bilinear filtering garbage. I'm playing with a non-native aspect ratio and it still looks crisp 90% of the time (the rest of the time is during zoom-ins in combat, where the pixels distort and look a bit odd); If you like oldschool JRPGs, it plays brilliantly, if you don't it's not overly archaic.

Greatest turn based RPG of all time; Very similar to Dragon Quest in it's world building, but not necessarily in themes or aesthetic; Brilliant characters and lots of them; Looks brilliant on the vita, especially w/out bilinear filtering garbage. I'm playing with a non-native aspect ratio and it still looks crisp 90% of the time (the rest of the time is during zoom-ins in combat, where the pixels distort and look a bit odd); If you like oldschool JRPGs, it plays brilliantly, if you don't it's not overly archaic.

I already bought it, but consider me sold LOL. How does it look in "Full" mode? Some PS1 games actually look great that way, others, so so lol.

Still can't decide if I should get SAO. Also, I'm considering buying Conception II.

BUY SAO. It is my vita GOTY for a reason :) pretty sure me and Parakeet were the only ones who loved the game and took the time to study the shit out of it and its AI systems, but the major consensus from everyone is that the game is great, just has a shody translation.

pariah164

Still can't decide if I should get SAO. Also, I'm considering buying Conception II.
Conception II is good. Is it the next big advent in RPGs? No. Is it my favorite RPG? No. It does have its quirks, can be laugh-aloud funny, and it's a decent time killer. Since it's on sale, now is the best time to snag it.

I didn't play SAO because I never watched the anime and therefore have zero interest in the game. Plus I hate crap translations.

yaffi

Welp, I waited too long and missed SAO. But maybe it's going to be $20 next time.

I actually really want to have that game, but the gameplay looks kinda clunky and tedious.

And Conception really is that bad? The thing that kept me from buying it until now was that it's english dub only.

Producer

Nothing for me for week 2 so i decided to quickly grab SAO before the discount is over

looking forward to playing it, heard good things about its combat, which is the main reason i'm buying it

Welp, I waited too long and missed SAO. But maybe it's going to be $20 next time.

I actually really want to have that game, but the gameplay looks kinda clunky and tedious.

And Conception really is that bad? The thing that kept me from buying it until now was that it's english dub only.

Conception II is a very average game. Like... REALLY average. Play the demo. If you enjoy it, go for it.

Khronico

Kicking myself for not nabbing Suikoden 2 when it was 5.99

Unless there's no hidden weekly sales I'll probably just wait and see what next week has in store.

I feel bad that a 4 dollar price difference is making me doubt buying what is apparently one of the best games ever.

antibolo

Banned

It's kind of a really bad Persona clone (probably hence why Atlus localized it) with a really weird otaku-pandering gimmick (the whole making babies with the female protagonists thing).

In any case there's a pretty generous demo available so you can always try it out.

And yeah, dub only because Atlus.

SerTapTap

Kicking myself for not nabbing Suikoden 2 when it was 5.99

Unless there's no hidden weekly sales I'll probably just wait and see what next week has in store.

I feel bad that a 4 dollar price difference is making me doubt buying what is apparently one of the best games ever.

Eh just get it, PS1 and PSP games are so rarely on sale anyway. Was that a price error? I can't find it anymore. I guess I shoulda checked out

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Started playing NfS Most Wanted, sogood.gif

Any tips how I should spent my stardust in Child of Light, because the Complete edition gave me quite a few.
It's pretty good, and it's another example of the potential the Vita had. If only people just embraced it in that first year. I love the Vita library as it is and genuinely believe it has the best library of any portable system, but man I wish we could have had all these great indies AND more of the kind of AAA games we got in he first year.

Top Bottom