• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

SerTapTap

Was the Neptunia Rebirth 2 LE announced already?

B4tN-26CIAAT6Cx.png

Even worse than the last one IMO, not gonna bother unless it's a very minor bump in price. Considering the song reuse I'm going to guess most tracks are already on my Sounds of Gameindistri disk, and the rest...well the box is the best part which is pretty sad.

I miss NISA for Neptunia

Gamefly sales are inflating my Vita physical collection. Picked up Conception and Mind Zero recently, and Hyperdimenion Neptunia PP today. Not bad.
Aw dang I didn't hear about these. Got nep pp for $20 from NISA store

Localizing games isnt a simple matter of slapping on translations then pushing it out. Translations are the least of the worries really.
I realize this, I was more speaking to the seemingly unexpected delays. I don't see why this project in particular should be such an issue. However...
Multiple steps in getting a game published. I bet it was Q/A or digital certification from Sony.
This would make sense as an answer.
I'm guessing
(hoping)
they're hard at work with Trails in the Sky Second Chapter.
But this would be better.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I realize this, I was more speaking to the seemingly unexpected delays. I don't see why this project in particular should be such an issue. However...

This would make sense as an answer.

But this would be better.

Unless we have someone in the company come out and tell us, really are a ton of different things that could be the reason. Its not like there is not enough to play as is currently anyways lol

Unless we have someone in the company come out and tell us, really are a ton of different things that could be the reason. Its not like there is not enough to play as is currently anyways lol

Yeah, for sure. I thought I remembered Tom or some statement saying that the game was basically ready, is all. XSeed seems to be facing issues with all their releases lately.

batrush

Even worse than the last one IMO, not gonna bother unless it's a very minor bump in price. Considering the song reuse I'm going to guess most tracks are already on my Sounds of Gameindistri disk, and the rest...well the box is the best part which is pretty sad.

I miss NISA for Neptunia

Think I'll just get the digital version this time.

Parakeetman

Now bring us Folklore you fucks. I already have it (from launch) but more people deserve to experience it.

Generally a sign of a decent title / cult classic in Japan is when the price of it is still pretty high. Damned thing still sits around the high 50s-60s brand new.

Am tempted to pick it up to collect, though since its christmas need to save money.

Shizuka

There are at least a couple dozen downloadable games on PSN from before trophies even existed, unless they were delisted. Terrible reason to keep it away regardless, if that's really why it's not up.

Not in this day and age, Sony is not allowing those anymore.

Don't you know trophies are the heart and sole of playstation? In the middle of every Playstation 4 Video Game System there is a tiny trophy powering the console.

Tizoc

Oh, Brandish has been delayed to early 2015 now, according to XSEED's latest Tumblr entry.

XSEED PLS!
WHY MUST YOU LET ME CHOOSE BETWEEN YAKUZA 5 AND BRANDISH FOR MY GOTY 2015?!
On the bright side, gives me enough time to finish playing some games so I can clear it from my 64 GB =3

cross-buy?
Stranger's Wrath was not crossbuy, so we won't know about this unless someone tweets JAW.
Either Vita owners get a discount or it is crossbuy.
...Hope it would not be bigger than 1 GB >_>;

Now bring us Folklore you fucks. I already have it (from launch) but more people deserve to experience it.

Konami never made Folklore, at least last I checked.

Parakeetman

SCE published folklore though. They might own the IP, though I don't know how to go about finding that out.

With no one to work on the title a bit hard to make any sort of port really for something that would be too much trouble otherwise. There is a bunch of other stuff thats non-digital here also unfortunately and am pretty sure its going to stay that way unless for those who will be taking part in that streaming service. Forgot what it was called.

ecurbj

I still have Folklore in shrink wrap on my shelf. I never got to playing it, lol.

I remember getting it for $10 at K-Mart a year or so ago.

iosefe

XSEED PLS!
WHY MUST YOU LET ME CHOOSE BETWEEN YAKUZA 5 AND BRANDISH FOR MY GOTY 2015?!
On the bright side, gives me enough time to finish playing some games so I can clear it from my 64 GB =3

Stranger's Wrath was not crossbuy, so we won't know about this unless someone tweets JAW.
Either Vita owners get a discount or it is crossbuy.
...Hope it would not be bigger than 1 GB >_>;

Konami never made Folklore, at least last I checked.

Tweeted. will check for reply in the morning

Hikami

Are PS1 games not demanding on the Vita or something?

I've been playing Suikoden pretty frequently the past few days and my battery level doesn't seem to drop at all..

Would've been dead by now with a Vita/PSP game.

Are PS1 games not demanding on the Vita or something?

I've been playing Suikoden pretty frequently the past few days and my battery level doesn't seem to drop at all..

Would've been dead by now with a Vita/PSP game.

I didn't really think much of it, but I've noticed this too. Perhaps a test should be done... but I'm much too apathetic lol.

Valkyria

Banned
I think a lot of Vita fans on NeoGAF get a bad rap because of a few bad apples who were taking out their frustrations by posting unhelpful things in threads about other systems.

I do think some people in this thread are a bit too sensitive to certain things Vita related. Just enjoy what you have while you have it as this ride is coming to an end soon. Vita will eventually get a Dreamcast like following, for both good and ill. It's a swan song system.

Yes, I have been saying the same. Down the line people will look back and say things as why did I not paid attention to it, or what was people buying back them.

Personally I don't believe that Vita is a system that can be sold to the masses, and eve less in today's market. But the sales in USA are waaaaay too low for what it could be. If the sales of Vita in US were as in the EU and EMEA (not even the SE Asia level) Vita could be in a much better position.

Xenoflare

Huh, I could swear playing p3p is more taxing on the battery on my old vita than P4G. Then again P4G seems like the vita game that is less taxing on the battery overall.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yay back from the death ban! Lol

I want HoM&M3 on Vita! It was always one of my wildest dreams, please someone convince Ubisoft to port in on Vita!

Finished Danganronpa 2! Awesome, imo Danganronpa 1 has some better and worse characters while in DR2 they are all likable, too bad my waifus die early in the game :(

Am i the only one that have an identification error in Invocaton tournament? I'm still not able to play it.

When I think about it, it makes sense that a lot of these issues stem from people getting caught up in (very successful) marketing campaigns.
Good game with lots of marketing = GOAT
Good game with minimal/bad marketing = Under/Over rated
Average game with good marketing = fodder to argue about
Average game with no marketing = unheard of
etc.etc.etc.

You can especially see this when it comes to stuff like PSX, which is just glorified marketing. People get caught up in the marketing -> arguments ensue -> lots of feelings of investment in something they know little about -> inflammatory comments

That said, Man God's comments aren't a good example. He just states things in very strong terms lol.
Wow that's a really accurate representation of how things work!

I remember after the PSX event. The Vita threads that were made in the Gaming section were pure flame bait. I peeked at one and saw it not going anywhere and just left it. I spend more time in this thread than any other thread on GAF. It's like a scape goat for Vita talk that I can't find anywhere else other than Reddit's version.
The problem imo is that not only haters use every single event to despise Vita, but also sometimes Vitabros try too much to make people appreciate Vita without expecting what people would think.

I know that the thread "it's a good day to be a Vita owner" was made with all the good intentions but the op made an error that inevitably lead to hate.

Vita already has lots of indies and ports, so other indies and ports are not really a news, people want to see AAA exclusives on Vita(and even those would be despised/port begged). If a bunch of (awesome)indies and ports make a good day for Vita owners certain people can only think that in the other days Vitabros don't even have those(=Vita has no gaemz).

My personal opinion on the PSX is that i'm glad that SCEA gave some time to Vita, but honestly apart some surprising exceptions like RE:R2, Banner Saga and few others(all multi) i think that 90% of what was shown would have been announced for Vita sooner or later, SCEA didn't really do that much.

If SCEA really wanted to do a good service to Vita they could have shown Oreshika(AAA first party exclusive), why didn't do anything for the localization of Digimon(that's an awesome AAA exclusive)? Vita has some big games coming, why SCEA didn't show/localize them?

Parakeetman

If SCEA really wanted to do a good service to Vita they could have shown Oreshika(AAA first party exclusive), why didn't do anything for the localization of Digimon(that's an awesome AAA exclusive)? Vita has some big games coming, why SCEA didn't show/localize them?

Nope its releasing the 64GB card in the US at a reasonable price is what could have done a bigger service. Since Oreshika is a niche ass game that would have not much of an impact on the market, where the 64GB card is something that literally effects EVERY Vita user.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nope its releasing the 64GB card in the US at a reasonable price is what could have done a bigger service. Since Oreshika is a niche ass game that would have not much of an impact on the market, where the 64GB card is something that literally effects EVERY Vita user.

Why do you think this? It's as niche as any other jrpg that is not Final Fantasy.
Oreshika would have done a good service to Vita because people think that Vita has only little indies and no first party support, showing a big gourgeous first party jrpg would have at least surprised someone.

Posted this on the SonyEU - 12 deals of Christmas 2014 thread:

It's happening EU VitaGAF. It's happening tomorrow O.O.

Yep:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/13/12-deals-christmas-7/
PS4:

Assassin’s Creed Unity
Was €69.99/£54.99/AU$99.95, now €44.99/£39.99/AU$62.95

PS3:

Assassin’s Creed Rogue
Was €59.99/£49.99/AU$89.95, now €34.99/£24.99/AU$44.95

PS Vita:

Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
Was €39.99/£32.99/AU$59.95, now €24.99/£19.99/AU$37.95

So, I'm tempted to get a Vita, even though I only use my handhelds for Pokémon and Square Enix games for the most part.
However, I'm not a fan of the overly JRPG/quirky Japanese titles like Atelier, Neptunia, Monster Monpiece, etc., and would mostly be using it to play PS1 classics (I'm in UK so I can play Crash thankfully), PS2 HD collections, my PSP games, my cross buy indie games, and then Vita exclusives, mainly Uncharted, Tearaway, Killzone, Danganronpa or whatever it's called, fighting games, and possibly Persona 4.
Which leads me to my main questions; are the HD collections good on the Vita, what are the differences between P4 and P4G for someone new to the series, and would you recommend me get a Vita if I don't want to play a lot/almost no niche Japanese titles?

Parakeetman

So, I'm tempted to get a Vita, even though I only use my handhelds for Pokémon and Square Enix games for the most part.
However, I'm not a fan of the overly JRPG/quirky Japanese titles like Atelier, Neptunia, Monster Monpiece, etc., and would mostly be using it to play PS1 classics (I'm in UK so I can play Crash thankfully), PS2 HD collections, my PSP games, my cross buy indie games, and then Vita exclusives, mainly Uncharted, Tearaway, Killzone, Danganronpa or whatever it's called, fighting games, and possibly Persona 4.
Which leads me to my main questions; are the HD collections good on the Vita, what are the differences between P4 and P4G for someone new to the series, and would you recommend me get a Vita if I don't want to play a lot/almost no niche Japanese titles?

P4G has more content and is balanced a bit better to make progress in the game faster.

It depends on what else you want for the system really. Since at this point in time for the most part all you have are localized JP titles with the Western indie stuff mixed in and a few games by other Western studios who are still developing for the system.

Older titles you will have to do research on if they work on the Vita. As according to some here some classics do not apparently.

Basically its looking up what you want on the system and if it fills those needs buy it. Asides from that you do not really need anyone here telling you if its worth it or not considering the fact that you have very specific tastes.

For starters heres a list had pulled from google.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/PSOne_Classics_List

Tizoc

P4G has more content and is balanced a bit better to make progress in the game faster.

It depends on what else you want for the system really. Since at this point in time for the most part all you have are localized JP titles with the Western indie stuff mixed in and a few games by other Western studios who are still developing for the system.

Older titles you will have to do research on if they work on the Vita. As according to some here some classics do not apparently.

Basically its looking up what you want on the system and if it fills those needs buy it. Asides from that you do not really need anyone here telling you if its worth it or not considering the fact that you have very specific tastes.

For starters heres a list had pulled from google.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/PSOne_Classics_List
For compatibility
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic...f-pspminispsone-games-playable-on-vita/page-7
^Use this. It might be a bit outdated though.

Top Bottom