• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Man Suikoden's story is better than I thought it would be. I'm enjoying this game a lot, if the second really is even better than this one, I'll be in for a treat.

kng3025

Got a question. Posted this in another thread but got no response. I recently got a ps4 and have been thinking about getting the camera for it. It's on sale for 40 bucks, but wanted to know if you guys think it's worth it. Would I be able to record videos and stuff with it? I remember doing that with the ps eye for the ps3, and also using it for Skype on my laptop, so that was a worthwhile purchase at the time.

Was planning to respond to these earlier, but was interrupted. Hope I didn't miss you two.
They are out in the open on a table. Not enclosed or near a wall or anything.
This should be fine. You just need proper heat management (which is why stacking is potentially bad). During the summer you may want to seperate them if it gets pretty hot. Here in florida I wouldn't recommend it during anything but winter.
Man Suikoden's story is better than I thought it would be. I'm enjoying this game a lot, if the second really is even better than this one, I'll be in for a treat.
Suiko II's story is like 5x better, imo. And it feels more believable. Suiko I is very "game-y" in that sense.
Unrelated: Shadow Warrior PS4 has released right? I picked the game up again after a long hiatus and was reminded of why this is one of my favourite games. Very strongly recommended to anyone who wants to 1) blow shit up 2) cut shit up or 3) all of the above.

Tapejara

Shadow Warrior PS4 has technical issues like screen tearing.

unless the screen tearing is really egregious, I think the gameplay makes up for it, tbh. I can't think of a game that I enjoy playing more (that's released in the past 3 years or so).

The screen tearing isn't too bad, but it's happens frequently enough to be distracting. I've also noticed some frame drops and the load times can be ridiculous. The game is still amazing, but it's not as awesome a port as I would have hoped.

BraXzy

Wasn't really sure where to post this but this thread sorta makes sense right? Okay, I'm seconds away from pulling the trigger on a PS4.. I'm really tempted but also kinda hesitant at the same time, gah I can't decide! Help me decide GAF?

Bit of background. I've not owned a PS console since the PS1 (yes I even missed out on PS2 during my childhook), no hatred towards the platforms or anything, I'm not an Xbox fanboy, it's just the route I happened to take as a kid and stuck with since as far as home consoles go (could only afford one each gen so far). There's been tonnes of exclusives I've regretted missing out on over the years but such is life. I'm currently in a position to buy a PS4 though.

I've found a bundle that's got Far Cry 4, GTA V and Last Of Us in for £350. I only want TLOU out of them so I'd sell the other two. CEX, a second hand store, is currently offering crazy amounts for the two games I don't want. £40 for GTA and £35 for Far Cry, which in my mind turns the bundle into PS4 + TLOU for £275. I doubt there's gonna be a bundle anywhere near as good as that anytime soon? Heck PS3's are still around £200 new.

The only doubts I have are.. will I have time to play it? Do I really want to be paying for two sub services etc. But at the same time, for the first time in my life I'd have all three current gen consoles which would be awesome not missing out on anything. And there's tonnes of remasters/ports which are perfect for me, missing out on PS3 n' all. Plus the upcoming exclusives looks shweet. It would potentially be my 3rd party machine too? Although 90% of third parties I get on my PC.

Decisions.. decisions. Middle of the night dilemma vent over.. thoughts? :D

Quote for new page? :3

Massa

Wasn't really sure where to post this but this thread sorta makes sense right? Okay, I'm seconds away from pulling the trigger on a PS4.. I'm really tempted but also kinda hesitant at the same time, gah I can't decide! Help me decide GAF?

Bit of background. I've not owned a PS console since the PS1 (yes I even missed out on PS2 during my childhook), no hatred towards the platforms or anything, I'm not an Xbox fanboy, it's just the route I happened to take as a kid and stuck with since as far as home consoles go (could only afford one each gen so far). There's been tonnes of exclusives I've regretted missing out on over the years but such is life. I'm currently in a position to buy a PS4 though.

I've found a bundle that's got Far Cry 4, GTA V and Last Of Us in for £350. I only want TLOU out of them so I'd sell the other two. CEX, a second hand store, is currently offering crazy amounts for the two games I don't want. £40 for GTA and £35 for Far Cry, which in my mind turns the bundle into PS4 + TLOU for £275. I doubt there's gonna be a bundle anywhere near as good as that anytime soon? Heck PS3's are still around £200 new.

The only doubts I have are.. will I have time to play it? Do I really want to be paying for two sub services etc. But at the same time, for the first time in my life I'd have all three current gen consoles which would be awesome not missing out on anything. And there's tonnes of remasters/ports which are perfect for me, missing out on PS3 n' all. Plus the upcoming exclusives looks shweet. It would potentially be my 3rd party machine too? Although 90% of third parties I get on my PC.

Decisions.. decisions. Middle of the night dilemma vent over.. thoughts? :D

Between Playstation exclusives and Playstation Plus I think it's easily worth the money. The only problem I can see is that you'll soon want to get a PS Vita as well, so that's another £150 to take into account. :p

BraXzy

Between Playstation exclusives and Playstation Plus I think it's easily worth the money. The only problem I can see is that you'll soon want to get a PS Vita as well, so that's another £150 to take into account. :p

Haha that's a good point, especially after using the wonders of the Wii U off TV play. But I noticed an article last night that said the Z3 will is has the same thing? And that might be my next phone when I upgrade in a month so that'd work put well.

I reserved the bundle but I haven't gone and picked it up yet :3

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I can guarantee Soul Sac and freedom wars will do better than Saga.

In fact, I think it won't even beat phantasy star nova.

Actually that depends on how good the game is. If the early adopters pan it as being shit then you may be right.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Actually that depends on how good the game is. If the early adopters pan it as being shit then you may be right.

It doesn't have to be shit to perform worse than the games I've listed. It is just not that popular an ip. I pointed out Soul Sac and Freedom wars because they are amongst the best selling vita games in Japan.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
It doesn't have to be shit to perform worse than the games I've listed. It is just not that popular an ip. I pointed out Soul Sac and Freedom wars because they are amongst the best selling vita games in Japan.

Well considering the last good one that they did in the series was Minstrels Song, its more like they didnt bother with the series that much. Then those 2 weird DS remakes or was it 3.

crinale

Well it really depends how it builds up the hype IMO.

dan2026

Really disappointed in Infamous Second Son.
It seems to have terrible framerate problems that just ruin it for me. Seems to stutter as well. :(

Think I might trade it in.

Massa

Haha that's a good point, especially after using the wonders of the Wii U off TV play. But I noticed an article last night that said the Z3 will is has the same thing? And that might be my next phone when I upgrade in a month so that'd work put well.

I reserved the bundle but I haven't gone and picked it up yet :3

Yep, you can use the Dual Shock 4 with the Xperia Z3 for remote play. It works pretty good too from what I've heard.

It seems to have terrible framerate problems that just ruin it for me. Seems to stutter as well. :(

Huh. I had reasons to be disappointed with SS but graphics and performance certainly wasn't one of them. Doesn't it have a 30fps lock option? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Tizoc

Huh. I had reasons to be disappointed with SS but graphics and performance certainly wasn't one of them. Doesn't it have a 30fps lock option? Maybe I'm misremembering.

That came with an update, so as someone who played through Mordor on his laptop with the 30 FPS lock, I would recommend trying the game with that option.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

lock the framerate at 30fps then. The stuttering is because the framerate is unlocked and goes above 30.

I tried playing with it locked after the patch dropped, and I personally couldn't do it. To me, the orginal in game settings feel buttery smooth compared to it lol.
For sure. I'll take the butter with a few issues over locked 30 any day. But different people have different tolerances for these things.

Switching gears - Question about music files via USB: do you have to put the stick in the front port? If so, doesn't that mean you can't use the Gold wireless headphones with your custom soundtracks?

dan2026

I tried the 30fps lock and the framerate was still janky and stuttery.

It just felt bad to play. Nothing about it was 'buttery smooth' to me. I expected better.

It just felt bad to play. Nothing about it was 'buttery smooth' to me. I expected better.
Man, that's too bad. I felt like the game performed really well and had great IQ. It's the mission structure I found lacking.

autoduelist

Very positive Severed (Drinkbox - Vita) preview: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/13/severed-really-something/

For a certain audience:

Gorgeous looking art style too.

Sold. Wow, I'd dismissed the game based on shown gameplay despite being Drinkbox but you pulled me right back in.

Couldn't find a better thread to ask.. Do you guys think putting the Wii u on top of the ps4 in horizontal position is a bad idea? Only have one on at a time.

Don't stack electronics imo.

They are out in the open on a table. Not enclosed or near a wall or anything.

Two somewhat different, but related issues. Cabinets are terrible because the console/device keeps 'heating' the same air, so even if it has breathing room it's breathing hotter and hotter air.

Stacking in the way you suggest likely won't block direct ventilation, but it could possible prevent ambient heat release. Honestly, assuming the Wii U was off, I agree with Normalfish it probably wouldn't cause any issues, but I'd stay far away from that setup when talking about expensive electronics. It's just good form to let it breath. Why not put the PS4 vert, it has a small footprint.

Man, I am so glad I'm not this sensitive. I thought Infamous SS looked and played 'buttery smooth' too.

dan2026

Man, that's too bad. I felt like the game performed really well and had great IQ. It's the mission structure I found lacking.

Yeah it sucks.

It could be because I just got done playing Wolfenstein and Last of us.
Both beautiful 60fps games.
The difference is remarkable.

Not to say Infamous isn't a beautiful game, it is. I just wish they had optimised the performance better. :(

So the SaGa game is a vita exclusive. Huh. I can honestly say I did not see this coming, however I was one of the few in that original thread (where SE said they had something in the works) who considered it could be handheld. Glad to see my
seemingly overzealous
wishful thinking paid off.

So the SaGa game is a vita exclusive. Huh. I can honestly say I did not see this coming, however I was one of the few in that original thread (where SE said they had something in the works) who considered it could be handheld. Glad to see my
seemingly overzealous
wishful thinking paid off.

Wonder if it'll ever come over or if it'll just get an HD Remaster and release for the PS5 with a FF XVI demo.

Wonder if it'll ever come over or if it'll just get an HD Remaster and release for the PS5 with a FF XVI demo.

If SE's smart
they're not
they'll realize that if ever there was a time that they had the audience in the west for such a game, it's now and on the vita. The PS2 might've had more potential buyers, but outside of that I can't think of a system more suited for a western SaGa release.

If SE's smart
they're not
they'll realize that if ever there was a time that they had the audience in the west for such a game, it's now and on the vita. The PS2 might've had more potential buyers, but outside of that I can't think of a system more suited for a western SaGa release.

Arguably the same could be said about Type-0 but here we are now... Hey don't get me wrong I am excited for the game, but I'm going to be playing it from start to finish on my vita through remote play, because a handheld game, regardless of it being a console remaster, in my mind, belongs to a handheld.

Anyway here's hoping they do bring it over next year or something lol

Arguably the same could be said about Type-0 but here we are now... Hey don't get me wrong I am excited for the game, but I'm going to be playing it from start to finish on my vita through remote play, because a handheld game, regardless of it being a console remaster, in my mind, belongs to a handheld.

Anyway here's hoping they do bring it over next year or something lol

the difference -- as articulated in the announcement thread -- is that type-0 vita doesn't exist. It's not a thing. We wish it was, but it isn't. SaGa vita, however, is a thing.

t0rment

it must suck not being able to play a game at 30 fps.

for me the gameplay was the best part of the game, very few times it goes below 30 fps, and the powers are awesome.

the difference -- as articulated in the announcement thread -- is that type-0 vita doesn't exist. It's not a thing. We wish it was, but it isn't. SaGa vita, however, is a thing.

I know, but I just don't trust S-E. Its a shame how my favorite publishing company from when I was a kid turned into what it is today.

Top Bottom