• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Khronico

Well guys, I went today to the local gamestop and took advantage of the b2g1 sale they have going on. Got freedom wars, ys celceta, and ninja Gaiden sigma 2+. Did I do good VitaGAF?

You mean the ones who got us Yakuza 5, Suikoden 2, SaGa Vita and a slew of other games and exclusives?

It is embarrassing that you want me to be thankful for Sony throwing some money at a few games as if they did it out of the goodness of their hearts. You know why they did that? Because they want to make money. We got Yakuza and Suikoden because they have super devoted fanbases that will not give up. Not because Sony is a wonderful company that loves making people happy.

To the best of my knowledge SaGa has little or nothing to do with Sony, but I could be wrong.

Any particular reason I've had a £1.00 system credit on the 12/12? No email about it, just noticed my balance is £1.00 more than it was.

Hmm, looking at it, it seems the Game of Thrones episode one game has reduced in price, so I guess they've recredited me the £1.00.

How odd.

Yasumi

Banned
I doubt Sony had anything to do with SaGa coming to the Vita, or else it'd be at PSX.
There weren't any for-Japan announcements at PSX. If anything, it would've been shown at PlayStation Hanabi, or another event like that. I'm kind of expecting a gameplay debut trailer to happen at one of those though.

system11

I just bought Juju for the PS3, what a lovely game :) I wish it was coming to PS4 too because the PS4 is kind of lacking in this area. Reminds me of a Nintendo game and that's a compliment. Nice 60fps with very occasional dropped frames too.

Flandy

Hey gaf did I do good?
B43jPkZCMAE33UP.jpg

$29 for the 3

autoduelist

Potential bad news regarding Brandish:

http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27919

TOTP: Buy Brandish next month.

Meh, it's just being taken out of context. He's just saying they haven't heard back from Sony yet, and people are acting like Sony is actively trying to prevent it or something.

In fact, reading further down that thread you posted, the original guy who said it has expressed it came out wrong.

Part of his response:
"I shouldn't have responded as I did, and am very sorry for that. I was trying to be jovial and casual with you guys -- it was meant as a sort of "we can't guarantee anything, but we're pretty sure it will be" response. It came out stupidly on my part, though, and that's entirely my fault... but either way, posting it on a website and spinning it as "Sony won't do this thing!" is not going to help anyone with anything at all. Sony's got a lot on their plate right now, so I'm sure they'll get back to us as soon as they can."

It is embarrassing that you want me to be thankful for Sony throwing some money at a few games as if they did it out of the goodness of their hearts. You know why they did that? Because they want to make money. We got Yakuza and Suikoden because they have super devoted fanbases that will not give up. Not because Sony is a wonderful company that loves making people happy.

To the best of my knowledge SaGa has little or nothing to do with Sony, but I could be wrong.

But that's true of pretty much any company, and when it isn't true, it's impossible to tell anyway. I mean, for example, Sony pays Shahid because they think his labor is worth more than they pay him - that is, they profit from his actions.

That doesn't mean Shahid doesn't do things with love, passion, or the goodness of his heart. You can have real people behind the larger financial machinations.

It's clear sony is listening to some degree -- the recent release of Suikoden II, for example, or the release of Vib Ribbon after backlash at it being mentioned at the conference. They can't possibly give us everything, and perhaps they don't give us enough (fix download list please) but reducing all their actions to 'money' is so reductionist as to be meaningless, even if true on a technical level.

It's clear sony is listening to some degree -- the recent release of Suikoden II, for example, or the release of Vib Ribbon after backlash at it being mentioned at the conference. They can't possibly give us everything, and perhaps they don't give us enough (fix download list please) but reducing all their actions to 'money' is so reductionist as to be meaningless, even if true on a technical level.
Well said and I agree. They are all out to make money. I do like that Sony has a software equivalent of Seal Team 6 tackling the niche projects no one thought possible. But they're not doing it for charity. It's because they think there's some money to be made.

But that's true of pretty much any company, and when it isn't true, it's impossible to tell anyway. I mean, for example, Sony pays Shahid because they think his labor is worth more than they pay him - that is, they profit from his actions.

That doesn't mean Shahid doesn't do things with love, passion, or the goodness of his heart. You can have real people behind the larger financial machinations.

In general I agree. My issue is the implication that I would somehow be wrong in disliking a corporate entity because they make a product I like. Non-gaming example, I like Disney movies as much as the next guy, but Disney is a fucking horrible company and you will never hear me say otherwise.

Even if Sony is listening to its consumers (I don't think there's consensus on this), the idea that this is anything but what a company is expected to do as part of the intrinsic consumer-corporation relationship will receive a negative response from me. In this case, that comment.
I reread this and realized that it may sound like I'm responding to your comment directly. I'm more giving reasoning as to why I had the reaction I did.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
totally separate topic am sure it got announced too le cersions of black / white ps4, ps vita and white vita tv for god water 2 rage burst.

psvs are nice and white ps4

time to get a 4th psv lol

_hekk05

Banned
Got me some spare PS+ 30 day trials, only for those who've never had ps+ on their accounts

US only (maybe canada?)

quote to reveal

valid til 3/31/15

Khronico

You can't even get the platinum trophy, yeah.

Wait what? Huh. I had read nothing about it before buying it. That's unfortunate.

Also freedom wars is pretty cool. I actually really enjoy the combat, which is rare for me in a hunting type game. The whole story setup is also neat, not sure where it's gonna go.

Eesh maybe I should've looked at some stuff before sigma 2. I'll play more tomorrow before I decide on anything but those framerate issues sound really bad.

ironmang

Do previous "instant game collection" games ever show up free more than once? Had some spots last year where I wasn't paying attention to gaming and missed out on some free games I'd want to play but feel a little salty about having to pay now.

Do previous "instant game collection" games ever show up free more than once? Had some spots last year where I wasn't paying attention to gaming and missed out on some free games I'd want to play but feel a little salty about having to pay now.

The general rule is no, but it has happened - Soul Sacrifice was free twice.

Antti

So, I just bought Far Cry 4 for my PS4 from the store. Funny thing is, instead of buying the PS4 version, I accidentally bought the PS3 one instead. I'll have to contact their support to talk about a refund/license change.

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what happened?

Parakeetman

So, I just bought Far Cry 4 for my PS4 from the store. Funny thing is, instead of buying the PS4 version, I accidentally bought the PS3 one instead. I'll have to contact their support to talk about a refund/license change.

dont play it ask for refund right away explain situation honestly. you should be fine.

VLiberty

I've got the platinum bolt on the first two Ace Bunyon challenges in R&C2 on Vita, with those fucking oversensitive controls. I feel like a god.

If I lose the save game again I'll either commit suicide or burn the console.

maouvin

Finished Tomb Raider:DE this weekend (I finished vanilla on PC last year). I assumed I'd get used to Lara's "Definitive" face with time, but nope.
Hope the new game goes back to her non-definitive face.

And the lack of pre-load for Xrd saddens me.

The 12 deals of Christmas #8
PS4:

The Evil Within
(Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, UAE)
Was €69.99/£49.99/AU$99.95, now €29.99/£24.99/AU$39.95

Bound by Flame
(Kuwait, Qatar, UAE only)
Was $54.99, now $19.99
(PS Plus members save an additional 10%)

PS3:

The Evil Within
(Not available in Kuwait, Qatar, UAE)
Was €59.99/£39.99/AU$79.95, now €29.99/£19.99/AU$39.95

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
(Kuwait, Qatar, UAE only)
Was AU$19.99, now AU$6.79

PS Vita:

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
Was €19.99/£14.99/AU$24.95, now €7.99/£6.49/AU$11.95
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/15/12-deals-christmas-8/

Parakeetman

most importantly dont wait to call them.

autoduelist

The general rule is no, but it has happened - Soul Sacrifice was free twice.

Yeah, though wasn't that more as a promo for Delta coming out? It certainly didn't replace anything else, it was bonus.

I'd pretty much say it's a hard rule that if it was on ps+ before, it's not coming back.

Though honestly, I don't base purchasing decisions on whether it might come to ps+, I base them on whether it's worth the
deep sale
price.

Antti

dont play it ask for refund right away explain situation honestly. you should be fine.

I contacted them as soon as the live chat opened, and I was told this:
According to the PlayStation User Agreement all sales are final, but I will submit your refund.

All funds will be returned to your wallet. You will be notified via email once the refund has been completed. It will take anywhere from 3 to 5 business days.

Parakeetman

I contacted them as soon as the live chat opened, and I was told this:
According to the PlayStation User Agreement all sales are final, but I will submit your refund.

All funds will be returned to your wallet. You will be notified via email once the refund has been completed. It will take anywhere from 3 to 5 business days.

yep that sounds about right i had the same thing happen with dragon age and they refunded me no problem. talked to them over the phone.

SerTapTap

I've been mildly tempted by the very cheap Wolftenstein TNO and Evil Within deals, but how do they play on PS4? Both seem like I should get on PC, TNO because of FPS, TEW because of the poor performance, FOV and black bars.

Yeah, though wasn't that more as a promo for Delta coming out? It certainly didn't replace anything else, it was bonus.

I'd pretty much say it's a hard rule that if it was on ps+ before, it's not coming back.

All PS+ "repeats" happened before there was a strict 2 games per platform per month rotation. I suspect we will see basically no repeats anymore, possibly excepting some not-cross-buy PS4/Vita late ports.

antibolo

Banned
finally got a reply from oddworld inhabitants. Munch's oddysee is NOT cross buy, and still no word on New & Tasty

Aww that's too bad, we already got the PS3 version from Plus a while ago, and I haven't tried it yet.

All PS+ "repeats" happened before there was a strict 2 games per platform per month rotation. I suspect we will see basically no repeats anymore, possibly excepting some not-cross-buy PS4/Vita late ports.

There has never been any repeats (in NA at least). There have been cases where two different versions of a non-cross-buy game popped up separately (ie. Machinarium and Jet Set Radio) but that doesn't technically count as a repeat.

EDIT: You guys are sure about Soul Sacrifice appearing twice? I don't remember it.

Top Bottom