• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Shizuka

Yep, on vita I'm planning on buying:
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
Cosmic Star Heroine
Zodiac
SteinsGate
Hatoful Boyfriend
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Trails in the Sky SC
And I'm assuming Chaos Rings and Danganronpa: Another episode will be localized, and then I'll buy them as well.

No Ayesha Plus or the Neptunia games?

TOTP: Buy Persona Q and Tales of Hearts R.

daydream

Banned
Do we know what's hitting Vita in January? Any ports that were announced at the Sony Experience already got a date? I only seem to remember "2015" for all of them.

daydream

Banned
Ayesha Plus, Neptunia Rebirth 2, Duke Nukem and Grim Fandango.

Hm, really looking forward to Grim Fandango. Although it's coming out during a busy time, I'd have preferred early January.

Did a bit of digging and I think Citizens of Earth might also be a January release. Haven't decided on the platform for that one, yet, though.

Next highlight for me, however, is still this month with Resogun. Very eager to try it out.

Shizuka

Hm, really looking forward to Grim Fandango. Although it's coming out during a busy time, I'd have preferred early January.

Did a bit of digging and I think Citizens of Earth might also be a January release. Haven't decided on the platform for that one, yet, though.

Next highlight for me, however, is still this month with Resogun. Very eager to try it out.

Oh yeah, Citizens of Earth. I knew I was forgetting something. I might get that for my Vita.

Duke Nukem 3D coming soon??

KSJE9FX.png

SerTapTap

Oh Grim Fandango is coming quick. Will be getting in on that, I've seen a bit of it but never played it.

Anyone got tips for Neptunia PP or do I just wing it? I never play these "chose one of X options" style "sim" games where results seem unpredictable at best.

Not entirely on topic but is there like an "import gaf" thread somewhere or? I have this super sonico game on PS3 from japan and have no idea what I am doing. I am good with money.
It came with a figure okay

Tapejara

Off the top of my head, my 2015 Vita list looks like this:

Hyperdevotion Noire
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2
Steins;Gate
The Firefly Diaries
Tokyo Twilight: Ghost Hunters
+Neptunia U which I'm assuming is going to get localized
+all of the indies of which there are too many to list

antibolo

Banned
Steins semicolon gate on ps3/vita getting localized is awesome news

Vita is finally getting some more visual novel love in the West

ecurbj

Thinking on changing my avatar to this one. What do you guys think? Should I keep my brand here?

Althought that one is cute. I'm use to the current one you have. It suits you for some reason.

As I've said in the other thread Fady has. I'm definitely buying Steins;Gate on Vita for sure. If only Robot;Notes finds its way westside also!

autoduelist

Tabletop Racing is... well, pretty good. No more, no less than what you'd expect -- turbos, missiles, bombs, emps, and racing around a table top track. I feel like I'm still missing things (there are turbos in places I can't get to... don't know what that means, because there doesn't seem to be any ramps to jump/etc). Insta-restart is nice.

Age of Zombies -- it's the same as the mini with added content. It had very occasional frame stutters for no apparent reason (as in, had nothing to do with number of zombies/bullets on screen). It's fun but there are far better dual stick shooters, I can rope through this one in a sitting. $2 was a decent price point, I got what I expected.

Those Sony Pictures hacks are scary as fuck. I do hope they won't spread to PSN, especially with the holidays coming up.

Apples and oranges, practically different companies from a security standpoint, I'm sure. PSN security got totally revamped after the infamous attack (that didn't actually steal anything of use).

New Vita owner with a 64GB card.

If I wanted to download both Danganronpa games and Freedom Wars on my Vita, is the Playstation Store the only place I can go and wait for deals/sales? Or is it possible to get digital downloads via Amazon, Gamestop, whatever with good deals?

Yes and no... Amazon sometimes price matches store sales, and then sometimes forgets to change the price back. They also occasionally sell codes for delisted games iirc, which would then be the only way to still get them.

Overall, not consistent or good enough to waste time paying attention to, if you only look at PSN store sales you'll be good 99.99% of the time.

pariah164

Thinking about Atelier Ayesha, but I played Atelier Annie on the DS and got bored with it, so I'm unsure. May wait and get Criminal Girls instead.

iosefe

question about PS+ and cross buy.

I got resogun on Plus. assuming the usual glitch occurs with late ports, will i still be able to claim the ps3ita versions even if my sub runs out mere hours before release?

Just bought a used white Vita 2000 here in Tokyo. I currently have nothing on it. I'm thinking of picking up Persona 4 Golden, but what say you, GAF? I've never played a Persona game before. Is this okay to start with?

Is there a better JRPG to get, instead?

I wish Rogue Legacy wasn't $16. I own it on Steam and love it to death, but would love to play it portable.

I finally finished Danganronpa today. Pretty amazing, looking forward to playing 2 whenever it goes on sale.

And I started Luftrausers for the first time; I was struggling with the controls at first, but now it feels great to play.

Just bought a used white Vita 2000 here in Tokyo. I currently have nothing on it. I'm thinking of picking up Persona 4 Golden, but what say you, GAF? I've never played a Persona game before. Is this okay to start with?

I wish Rogue Legacy wasn't $16. I own it on Steam and love it to death, but would love to play it portable.

Persona 4 is probably the best vita-native rpg on the system. I would recommended diving into all the PSP/PSX goodies on PSN, though. Persona 2, Breath of Fire, Final Fantasy, Vagrant Story, etc. Are all better games than P4G imo.
I also dislike most of the changes from P4 to P4G, truth be told. Most people like the changes, though.

pariah164

There is no better. Persona 4 Golden is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time ever. In my opinion, it's also one of the best games on the Vita. There's also a mass array of JRPGS from the PSP era too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's no real native competition for it on the Vita. Loads of better games, some even from the same series if you bring in the entire catalog.

I also dislike most of the changes from P4 to P4G, truth be told. Most people like the changes, though.
You're a bad person/fish

P4G is my favorite game of all time, and it was my first Persona game. Pick it up, you won't regret it

Top Bottom