• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Tapejara

Wow, this morning I was thinking "I hope The Golf Club and Pier Solar HD go on sale soon."

Y'all should pick up Metro Redux.

Edit: Oh wow, there's a lot of stuff I wanted on sale. Thinking of getting:

Flockers
Gravity Crash Ultra
Pier Solar
PlayStation Vita Pets
The Golf Club
Worms: Armageddon

SerTapTap

Flower's only tree fiddy, get it if you haven't. Was interested in Child of Light but I know I'd never get to it and I'd rather not throw the money at anything Ubisoft related anymore anyway.

SerTapTap

BTW PS4 child of Light has the proper Vita controls including touch, so that's a pretty cool benefit to that version. Wish more/all PS4 games did that. I was tempted to buy it just to support that but then Ubisoft decided to go totally Mr. Burns evil with all their other products

we know you are a Vita warrior :)

brofist-s500x333-196080.jpg

What a nice haul. You are going to be busy for a long, long time

I'm feeling pretty content. This gen can be a long one afaic.

Jeez you almost bought as much as I did. I'm not sure I'll ever complete all the crap I bought in the last 2 months

November and December have been pretty binge-y.

Trying to offset LoU, GTAV & Far Cry 4 by spreading them out a little and playing the other stuff... I feel like those 3 games overlap too much stylistically and would OD me on pseudo-realism. Shouldda bought Evil Within off Amazon while it was $25 too... I'm sure that'll be close to the regular price by the time I ever get time to play it and pick it up.

kevin1025

Banned
How are BoxedDeal? LittleBigPlanet 3 on PS4 is $34.99 right now digitally and it's an e-mail delivery. Haven't tried them before (and I'm in Canada).

Edit: Bought! So because of the exchange rate I got it for around $40, but still, far, far less than it is currently. Got a code instantly and it's now downloading.

Went to EB Games just to look around and see what seemed to be hot this Xmas (everyone is buying destiny :3), ended up picking up a used copy of Disgaea 4 for the Vita on the cheap

SerTapTap

Trying to offset LoU, GTAV & Far Cry 4 by spreading them out a little and playing the other stuff... I feel like those 3 games overlap too much thematically and would OD me on pseudo-realism. Shouldda bought Evil Within off Amazon while it was $25 too... I'm sure that'll be close to the regular price by the time I ever get time to play it and pick it up.

Do TLOU first, it has none of that Open World Bloat™, would easily go on any "games to play before you die" list. Gonna get TEW when it's much cheaper.
And probably on PC for 16:9 and proper FOV

batrush

I see plenty of Atlus stuff in the "Weekly Deals" category on the online store. The prices aren't updated yet. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a publisher sale.

Tizoc

I see plenty of Atlus stuff in the "Weekly Deals" category on the online store. The prices aren't updated yet. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a publisher sale.

Atlus games go on sale almost every 2-3 weeks. What you see on sale this week has popped up last month, the month before that, and the month before too, etc.

batrush

Looks like I was right. I'm picking up Nocturne.
Atlus games go on sale almost every 2-3 weeks. What you see on sale this week has popped up last month, the month before that, and the month before too, etc.

The selection is greater this time. The PSP titles haven't received a drop since October. Haven't seen the PS2 titles drop below $8 until now, either. I posted for those who've held off up to this point.

Chuy

So unrelated to the topic at hand but i'm having issues with playing downloaded ps3 games for the past 2 weeks as they've been randomly freezing. It isn't super frequent but it's happened enough for me on all of my downloaded game to think that the hard drive is starting to be corrupted.
Advice?

SerTapTap

So unrelated to the topic at hand but i'm having issues with playing downloaded ps3 games for the past 2 weeks as they've been randomly freezing. It isn't super frequent but it's happened enough for me on all of my downloaded game to think that the hard drive is starting to be corrupted.
Advice?

Do a full backup if you're afraid of the hardware having issues and do a database rebuild (forget how to get into safe mode but it's pretty easy and the rebuild should be harmless, except you lose your folders)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Is anyone going to be brave and buy Munch's Oddysee? JAW did a great job with Stranger's Wrath, but I'm trying to wait for some impressions before I pick up Munch.

bobohoro

I heard the PSN versions of DDS 1+2 are really bad. Can anyone confirm?

as in the PS2 games? Aren't they just ISO dumps? Don't see why they'd be bad.

From what little I could find online, there seems to be some problems with emulation that causes slowdown and desyncs in the audio department in DDS1. DDS2 is better, but still seems to have some small issues.

Like I said, that's just stuff I read while doing some research, but since there are quite a few problems with PS2-emulation on PS3 anyway, I can imagine that it is true. If it's the only way to play those games for you, I'd still say try them, since they are amazing games, but if you've got a PS2 around and can find a physical copy somewhere, I'd go with that.

yaffi

From what little I could find online, there seems to be some problems with emulation that causes slowdown and desyncs in the audio department in DDS1. DDS2 is better, but still seems to have some small issues.

Like I said, that's just stuff I read while doing some research, but since there are quite a few problems with PS2-emulation on PS3 anyway, I can imagine that it is true. If it's the only way to play those games for you, I'd still say try them, since they are amazing games, but if you've got a PS2 around and can find a physical copy somewhere, I'd go with that.

Yeah, that's what I found too.

I still own a PS2 and have the games on disc, so I might just pass on the digital versions.

seabass0

So today's the last day for that deal to add $60 to your PSN Wallet (via PayPal) and get $10 free. I just tried doing exactly that through the web store, but it won't let me add $60. The only denominations available are: $5, $10, $25, $50, and $150. No custom amounts, and I don't want to add $150.

Does anyone know a way to add a custom amount through the web store. Or is that something I can only do on my console?

So today's the last day for that deal to add $60 to your PSN Wallet (via PayPal) and get $10 free. I just tried doing exactly that through the web store, but it won't let me add $60. The only denominations available are: $5, $10, $25, $50, and $150. No custom amounts, and I don't want to add $150.

Does anyone know a way to add a custom amount through the web store. Or is that something I can only do on my console?

You can't add a custom amount on the web store, just pull a me and add a $50 and a $10. ;)

Chuy

Do a full backup if you're afraid of the hardware having issues and do a database rebuild (forget how to get into safe mode but it's pretty easy and the rebuild should be harmless, except you lose your folders)
Just curious could i back up to a external hard drive then replace the internal hard drive with the external one i just backed the data on?

Top Bottom