• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Foofaraw

I got a PS4 today and was really excited to start playing some video games!

PSN won't let me sign on and gives me NW-31456-9 error code and after troubleshooting for about 4 hours, I'm still not able to get it to work.

At least I have Suikoden on my Vita to hold me over, but it is super disappointing not to be able to use the vast majority of features of the PS4 because of an error that doesn't have a real solution.

You're a bad person/fish

P4G is my favorite game of all time, and it was my first Persona game. Pick it up, you won't regret it

The story changes are fine, but some of the rebalancing just made the game more annoying. Like
Shadow Yukiko
getting an extra 1450 health was just stupid. Just made it more likely that
she
RNGs you to death.

It's still a great game, but I can't think of a single instance where I felt the "balancing" changes were overly positive.
Okay wait, I take that back. In the original
Shadow Kanji
is the dumbest shit ever. P4G fixes that fight.

I've just tried to purchase games with 2 different credit cards on PSN, plus Paypal on the website, and NOTHING is working. I remember having issues a long time ago, but I can't believe that there are still issues! Any idea what to do?

Is there somwhere I can buy a psn code online?

incpdo

Duke Nukem was released and then pulled for no apparent reason a month/two months ago. So you can already look for footage on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIz9nJyTUkQ

runs perfectly well

Note: Im every single day more frustated by the ignorant people spreading the word Vita has a "horrible" catalogue of games. Im in this "group" of Facebook called old gamers , is a latinamerican group .I like it because like in here there are some nice pieces of information. A guy posted one of those "what should i buy" posts he was in between Vita , 3DS and PSP. He doesnt like Nintendo's games. per consequence i recommended the Vita. some guy said " you should buy 3ds , vita has a horrible catalogue and 3ds i better for playing indies" . I like 3DS but as much as i like that console i completley disagree with this statement. I only answered that "ignorance regarding the Vita library of games is often a common thing, you should read or investigate more about the device before stating that"

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Just got my $15 voucher. What you guys recommend in the $15-$25 range ?
I was thinking about Transistors, The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us, but I don't know about Telltale games performance on the PS4.
Maybe worth saving for the holidays sale ?

incpdo

Just got my $15 voucher. What you guys recommend in the $15-$25 range ?
I was thinking about Transistors, The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us, but I don't know about Telltale games performance on the PS4.
Maybe worth saving for the holidays sale ?

holidays sale is a good option , the games you mentioned will be the same price but maybe you can get them in a sale.

TUSR

Banned
I got a pretty funny email from SuperUFO:

SwyYuFL.png

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Since this is a PSN thread and we have most of Vita GAF here I will be putting this here:

Gamespot Final Fantasy Type-0 preview

It shows some new footage of the latest build of the game and the person who played it shares her opinion on how she thinks the game is coming along. I'll be honest, I like what they did with the visuals, they have this "smoothness" to them that I can't explain, and their usage of motion blur in my opinion is actually great. Looking forward to playing it on my glorious Vita OLED through remote play (which like I said many times already, is the only way I will be playing this game
and you should too
).

I disagree on everything lol.

1)Vitagaf should boycott it.
2)I didn't like Type 0, but one thing i really loved was its dark, gritty, raw graphics that fit perfectly the violent war theme, the "smoothness" totally kills the original atmosphere(but some parts of this video try to recreate it), sometimes it's too bright other it's too dark and the blur is really too much, when the camera moves fast it's unbearable to me.
3)in trailers and demos Type 0 is fantastic, but its problems show only in the full game, when you need to level up 14 people individually, when you need to do boring and repetitive side missions to level up, when you do bad rts sections and other things, the forced "portable" nature of the game killed what could have been a great game.

If Type 0 hd resolves those problems then it could be a great game, but many of those are congenital to the game so i dunno if it's possible to solve them.

I guess that many will find Type 0 good enough, but imo it will be overrated because it's a Final Fantasy on PS4/XB1.

With the recent news of Steins;Gate getting localized, I hope that Grisaia which is on a crowdfunding site now would also be available for the Vita. *crosses fingers*
`````````````````````````````````````````````
PSN is acting up for me today. I just want to download Isaac rebirth.
I was thinking of getting it before. >___>
Welp. I was about to buy one from the facebook groups here. Thanks for the tip.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
runs perfectly well

Note: Im every single day more frustated by the ignorant people spreading the word Vita has a "horrible" catalogue of games. Im in this "group" of Facebook called old gamers , is a latinamerican group .I like it because like in here there are some nice pieces of information. A guy posted one of those "what should i buy" posts he was in between Vita , 3DS and PSP. He doesnt like Nintendo's games. per consequence i recommended the Vita. some guy said " you should buy 3ds , vita has a horrible catalogue and 3ds i better for playing indies" . I like 3DS but as much as i like that console i completley disagree with this statement. I only answered that "ignorance regarding the Vita library of games is often a common thing, you should read or investigate more about the device before stating that"
I feel you. I have not had trouble finding games for the vita. I find that what people by vita has not games is thst it doesnt have the big brand names thay they know about. It takes a bit of effort to convimce people to try games out of their comfort zone,

VLiberty

runs perfectly well

There's a line between being ignorants and being something else.

Saying that "3ds i better for playing indies" automatically puts him over that line.

Screens from Oddworld Munch's Oddysee Vita:
http://www.pocket-console.com/2014/12/back-in-2001-oddworld-munchs-oddysee.html

t0rment

I've just tried to purchase games with 2 different credit cards on PSN, plus Paypal on the website, and NOTHING is working. I remember having issues a long time ago, but I can't believe that there are still issues! Any idea what to do?

amazon sells them.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
2 more days till gundam breaker 2.

man i miss the 24 hour フラゲ shop in my town. cant be helped since the owner passed away suddenly D:

SerTapTap

Godzilla has awesome boxart for NA:

I got a pretty funny email from SuperUFO:

What would be funny is if the little glossy pads of the DS4 were the only parts that were matte. Also that looks horrifying

Haven't had issues myself, but Amazon sells them (US) for cost with email delivery

Off the top of my head, my 2015 Vita list looks like this:

Hyperdevotion Noire

Is that supposed to be good? Noire is my fav but chibis + SRPG that isn't Disgaea isn't entirely encouraging. Thinking I'll wait for $20 like I did for PP. The humor's always worth $20 at least. Also WTF at PP having full voice acting, I thought they stopped doing that. Will make it hard to go back to rebirth 2.

Parakeetman

Godzilla has awesome boxart for NA:

What would be funny is if the little glossy pads of the DS4 were the only parts that were matte. Also that looks horrifying

Haven't had issues myself, but Amazon sells them (US) for cost with email delivery

Is that supposed to be good? Noire is my fav but chibis + SRPG that isn't Disgaea isn't entirely encouraging. Thinking I'll wait for $20 like I did for PP. The humor's always worth $20 at least. Also WTF at PP having full voice acting, I thought they stopped doing that. Will make it hard to go back to rebirth 2.

noire is very very very average gameplay wise. the story bits is what you would expect but unfortunately gameplay isnt that hot. very plain srpg with some irritating mechanics.

LMN

2 more days till gundam breaker 2.

man i miss the 24 hour フラゲ shop in my town. cant be helped since the owner passed away suddenly D:

So excited for the game, AmiAmi just send me for the payment confirmation, so hopefully it arrive before next year, really cant wait to play it. Sorry to hear that about the owner.

SerTapTap

noire is very very very average gameplay wise. the story bits is what you would expect but unfortunately gameplay isnt that hot. very plain srpg with some irritating mechanics.

Okay, sounds like $20 to me. I actually kind of like that the gameplay isn't too major in PP, and is easy to skip. Can you at least set things up to skip almost all of the animation fluff like Disgaea? If I had to play through the worst levels of Yggdra Union just to get to the next funny cutscene I don't think I could do it.

Screw Gulcasa BTW.
It wasn't even Gulcasa fuck you game

Parakeetman

So excited for the game, AmiAmi just send me for the payment confirmation, so hopefully it arrive before next year, really cant wait to play it. Sorry to hear that about the owner.

it really is looking good and seems to have a ton of more units than the original, with more slated as dlc updates. really am hoping they learned from the issues with the first one and really bring it with 2 since due to the build fight hype some mad cash is waiting to be made.

so am gonna use the gm cardigan. as my starting base.

I was planning to get this after I get Neptune U (which I never got), but... I read this and kinda decided not to. :/ At least not until I finish re;birth 2, 3 and U. Which will probably until 2016/2017 lol.

Noire is not the main character, but rather some faceless young guy who's supposedly the player's avatar (I honestly hate this, especially when they're done quite bad feel so forced).

And ironically, I heard that it's for some reason not really a game you'd recommend for Noire fans.

E the Shaggy

Random question, do you guys leave your PS4 on even when you're not playing, like in rest mode?

I'm wondering if that had any adverse effects on the system.

SerTapTap

Random question, do you guys leave your PS4 on even when you're not playing, like in rest mode?

Just leave it in rest mode IMO. It enables auto-downloads, easy remote play, and, eventually, will be part of suspend/resume for games. It also allows the fan to keep blowing if you put it in rest mode while the CPU is still hot, so it's probably actually helping longevity.

The wattage is fairly minimal and devices have been made for and been running in similar rest mode for years. Haven't heard of any specific problems with the PS4, but it's basically not very different from the sleep mode your phone, tablet, computer, etc use.

I was planning to get this after I get Neptune U (which I never got), but... I read this and kinda decided not to. :/ At least not until I finish re;birth 2, 3 and U. Which will probably until 2016/2017 lol.

Noire is not the main character, but rather some faceless young guy who's supposedly the player's avatar (I honestly hate this, especially when they're done quite bad feel so forced).

This isn't necessarily a big problem--Neptunia PP and the Super Sonico game both have "you" as the ""protagonist"". "You" have about one line for every 15 of everyone else and it's generally just making choices. It's still kinda awkward, but isn't necessarily terrible. I think Tearaway is the only game that did anything remotely like this actually well though, and it's basically nothing like any other game that tries to make you a character--you have no dialog lines, you're just treated as the person behind the scenes manipulating things because, well, you are!

Though it makes more sense to have a "You" as an external driving force in an idol game than an SRPG, not sure why that would be necessary. Guess it saves me some money and good to know I should temper my expectations.

LMN

it really is looking good and seems to have a ton of more units than the original, with more slated as dlc updates. really am hoping they learned from the issues with the first one and really bring it with 2 since due to the build fight hype some mad cash is waiting to be made.

so am gonna use the gm cardigan. as my starting base.

I probably would be using Pale rider or Blue destiny, loved the design. As for now, the only thing that I worry is how they still use the "luck booster" scheme on this one, hope that doesn't affect the drop rate or the game play too much. And hopefully the dlc update is via patch not psn, like the first GB, so I can just my US psn and import my old save file.

Takao

Banned
Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-v Tagforce Special is out January 22nd in Japan for 3000yen.

Possibly the last semi-proper Yu-Gi-Oh! on PlayStation.

I've used rest mode for 99% of the time my PS4 hasn't been in use since launch day. Fine for me and never heard of anyone having issues with it.

http://gamestalk.net/digimon-story-cs-4/

Dunno where they got this, but apparently, Cyber Sleuth is March.

Wallet pain is real.

March 12.

First print bonus is Black Agumon and Black Gabumon. Evolves into that Black Omegamon howeveryouwritehisname.

Seiyuu list has also been updated in the link above.

http://gamestalk.net/oboro-muramasa-4/

Oboro Muramasa will get another package release on 3/19, with a product code to all 4 DLCs. 4500 JPY SRP.

Got my Slim Vita today, and it feels amazing. Major improvement over the original, and I already really liked that one. The screen is a real downgrade though, and very noticeable in a direct comparison. I doubt anyone would complain without a reference though. It's hard to say which one I like more.

Parakeetman

I probably would be using Pale rider or Blue destiny, loved the design. As for now, the only thing that I worry is how they still use the "luck booster" scheme on this one, hope that doesn't affect the drop rate or the game play too much. And hopefully the dlc update is via patch not psn, like the first GB, so I can just my US psn and import my old save file.

truthfully i would go with a jp account. but no real way of knowing till we get our first dlc batch out.

im hoping they add the zudah as its not currently in the roster

SerTapTap

Got my Slim Vita today, and it feels amazing. Major improvement over the original, and I already really liked that one. The screen is a real downgrade though, and very noticeable in a direct comparison. I doubt anyone would complain without a reference though. It's hard to say which one I like more.

I haven't tried looking at them side by side because I know it'll only be worse, but there's a yellowish tinge to the whole thing that's very evident, while the OLED is more blue and generally more saturated. Hard to believe people say it's "subjective", but it's tolerable I suppose.

Everything looks like a downgrade next to dat oversaturated OLED. Comparing both to a well calibrated monitor will show you that the LCD has more natural colors.

Hardly. Let me blow your mind: The main menu paper in Binding of Isaac is more white than yellow. Neither Vita properly displays BOI's colors properly even on remote play. Plus most games pre LCD are probably designed for OLED if anything.

Everything looks like a downgrade next to dat oversaturated OLED. Comparing both to a well calibrated monitor will show you that the LCD has more natural colors.

I do calibrate all my monitors as well as I can, but I was never a fan of the yellow tinge that "natural colors" are supposed to have. It just looks weird to me on a screen that is used to display videogames. For some movies and photos I can understand why it's preferable, but I like my games to look a bit "colder". Especially when they're colorful and stylized. Otherwise white doesn't look like white to me. The Vita OLED is perfect for that and I don't see it as "oversaturated".

I haven't tried looking at them side by side because I know it'll only be worse, but there's a yellowish tinge to the whole thing that's very evident, while the OLED is more blue and generally more saturated. Hard to believe people say it's "subjective", but it's tolerable I suppose.
Yep, a yellow ("natural") tinge and less powerful colours overall. It's fine, but it's not as small of a difference as some people say.

Nothing but Super Mega Baseball for me this week. Optimistic even tho I want my money back on RBI Baseball.

Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD will probably be expensive but might get if sub $15.

Tizoc

$15 psn codes are being sent out, check your e-mails!

Nothing but Super Mega Baseball for me this week. Optimistic even tho I want my money back on RBI Baseball.

Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD will probably be expensive but might get if sub $15.

PS3 ver. is $10 isn't it? IIRC they gave a discount to owners of the PS3 Stranger'sWrath so hopefully something similar applies here

Since I got my PS4 I've picked up GTAV, LBP3, Destiny, Last of Us, Diablo 3 (nice to play with a working controller config tbh), Ground Zeroes, Far Cry 4 and picked up New N Tasty + Strider while they were cheap. Best Buy had that buy 2 get 1 free thing going on for a couple days, and GZ was $14 used. LoU & GTA are both new to me as well, since I never played the last gen versions.

Really enjoying myself with too much to play. Already had years worth of Vita backlog (not to mention Steam) and feel like I'm cheating on my Vita. I think I'm straight for awhile. Might pick up Dragon Age Inquisition if I get bored somehow, or finally try Tomb Raider if I see it cheap, but by then I'll probably be picking up Bloodborne. Looking forward to that Dark Souls II port too, since I was w/o PS3 and didn't want to risk not being able to run it on my laptop, and waste $50.

Some of GTAV's heists are fucking amazing... it's like keeping up on some awesome AMC show, but able to do things only it's medium could. As great as it is, I don't see myself sinking months into sandboxing like I did with GTA way back in the day. LoU I just got through the capitol building, and I'm liking it, but not so sold on the hype yet.

incpdo

Since I got my PS4 I've picked up GTAV, LBP3, Destiny, Last of Us, Diablo 3 (nice to play with a working controller config tbh), Ground Zeroes, Far Cry 4 and picked up New N Tasty + Strider while they were cheap. Best Buy had that buy 2 get 1 free thing going on for a couple days, and GZ was $14 used. LoU & GTA are both new to me as well, since I never played the last gen versions.

Really enjoying myself with too much to play. Already had years worth of Vita backlog (not to mention Steam) and feel like I'm cheating on my Vita. I think I'm straight for awhile. Might pick up Dragon Age Inquisition if I get bored somehow, or finally try Tomb Raider if I see it cheap, but by then I'll probably be picking up Bloodborne. Looking forward to that Dark Souls II port too, since I was w/o PS3 and didn't want to risk not being able to run it on my laptop, and waste $50.

Some of GTAV's heists are fucking amazing... it's like keeping up on some awesome AMC show, but able to do things only it's medium could. As great as it is, I don't see myself sinking months into sandboxing like I did with GTA way back in the day. LoU I just got through the capitol building, and I'm liking it, but not so sold on the hype yet.
Enjoy your ps4 games they are great , we know you are a Vita warrior :)

What a nice haul. You are going to be busy for a long, long time

SerTapTap

Jeez you almost bought as much as I did. I'm not sure I'll ever complete all the crap I bought in the last 2 months

kevin1025

Banned
Jeez you almost bought as much as I did. I'm not sure I'll ever complete all the crap I bought in the last 2 months

I bought far too much the past few months, as well. The good news is that we all have awesome stuff to play, the bad news...when we will find the time to finish so much. I usually play multiple games at the same time so it's slow going overall, but the past week I'm sinking into specific games and finishing things at a good clip. I plan on FINALLY finishing Gravity Rush today.

maouvin

Plus most games pre LCD are probably designed for OLED if anything.

Ah yes, there's that. HSG and Smart Ass looks heavily washed on the LCD - no need to even compared to the OLED. But Muramasa was said to be designed for the OLED and looks just as glorious on the LCD.

I do calibrate all my monitors as well as I can, but I was never a fan of the yellow tinge that "natural colors" are supposed to have. It just looks weird to me on a screen that is used to display videogames. For some movies and photos I can understand why it's preferable, but I like my games to look a bit "colder". Especially when they're colorful and stylized. Otherwise white doesn't look like white to me. The Vita OLED is perfect for that and I don't see it as "oversaturated".

Fair enough. Can't really beat the blacks and white of an OLED, and if it meets your personal taste all the better :)
But I remember playing Danganronpa on the OLED and thinking "I didn't remember Junko's hair being this pink". Took a screenshot, opened it on PC and then "welp, it's not".

Top Bottom