• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Takao

Banned
Dym2yuN.jpg

NIS America is bringing Tokyo New World Record: Operation Abyss to North America and Europe in spring 2015 as Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, the publisher announced.

The Experience-developed PS Vita sci-fi dungeon RPG will be available as both a physical and digital release.

The setting in near future Tokyo, where monsters known as Variants keep the city under constant threat, and portals that lead to a mysterious dimension known as the Abyss have emerged. To investigate these mysterious phenomena, the government has established the Code Physics Agency. Players join the Xth Squad, a unique group of teenagers modified by the Code Physics Agency’s Code technology, and must evade traps, defeat monsters, and investigate to discover the mystery behind the Abyss.

About

From the studio that made Demon Gaze comes Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, a sci-fi dungeon crawler RPG set in a near future Tokyo. With the city under the constant threat of Variants—genetically engineered monsters—and the emergence of portals leading to a mysterious dimension called the Abyss, the government has established the Code Physics Agency to investigate these mysterious phenomena. The Xth Squad—a unique group of teens modified by the CPA’s Code technology—must evade traps, face down powerful monsters, and investigate the mystery behind the Abyss.

Key Features

Robust Customization System - Recruit and train a unique group of six Xth members to venture into the Abyss. Customize each member from one of ten distinct Blood Codes. Each Xth member’s appearance, class, personality, morality, and stats may be molded to the player’s preference.
An Accessible, Yet Deep Dungeon Crawler - The labyrinthine dungeons of New Tokyo offer 40+ hours of dungeon crawling action with traps, secret doors, challenging enemies, and gorgeous art throughout.
A Unique Cyberpunk Story - Dive into the unique dungeon crawler setting of Operation Abyss and lose yourself in the gorgeous world, featuring real-life locations rendered by Tetsu Kurosawa and Oxijiyen. A gripping story blends heavy sci-fi elements with a setting to give the game a unique cyberpunk feel.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/12/operatio...y-coming-west-spring-2015#M7OQDBjfeE9fdSuJ.99

autoduelist

Just got my $15 voucher. What you guys recommend in the $15-$25 range ?
I was thinking about Transistors, The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us, but I don't know about Telltale games performance on the PS4.
Maybe worth saving for the holidays sale ?

Wait for next week to make sure it's not on sale, then pick up Transistor.

Random question, do you guys leave your PS4 on even when you're not playing, like in rest mode?

I'm wondering if that had any adverse effects on the system.

Rest mode.

I was going to post how upset I am that all these DRPGs get made for Japan and never localized, then I actually READ underneath and it's...
it's...
it's...
OMG DAY1.

Takao

Banned
did hamster really release a nippon ichi rpg in japanese on the western psm store

kind of cool that appliarchives are available globally
you don't need to know japanese to know how to play burgertime (not out yet)

I'm still a bit burned over playing RPGs exclusively for months but still welcome that news. NISA will still get my money anyway, as I already preordered and budgeted Firefly's Diary.

autoduelist

Mind Zero is 20 bucks used on gamefly. i picked it up last week, all their stuff looks new to me (they don't ship out original cases when renting, so when you buy one the cases are always perfect with any codes intact, etc). Figure I'd post it here in case anyone was on the fence.

so goood
Can we get Stranger of Sword City please? PLEASE?

Seconded.

Shizuka

Mind Zero is 20 bucks used on gamefly. i picked it up last week, all their stuff looks new to me (they don't ship out original cases when renting, so when you buy one the cases are always perfect with any codes intact, etc). Figure I'd post it here in case anyone was on the fence.

I'm the only person on GAF that enjoyed the game. Good luck.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I wouldn't recommend Munch's Oddysee to anyone until a patch comes out. I can't advance past one of the beginning levels due to repeated crashes. Got a pixelated error message telling me my Vita was being powered off, but it wouldn't respond to anything. Had to boot it in safe mode. I tried again and it crashed in the exact same spot (activating the first vending machine).

Apparently I'm not the only one having this issue. Pretty bummed it was released in this state after waiting so long for it to hit the Vita. Hopefully JAW can work out the kinks, but for now it's unplayable.

Is PSN painfully slow for anyone else right now? Mine's been this way for the past several days. I'd love to get the BoI update so I can transfer my vita save back to ps4, but it's going to take HOURS to download the 300mb update. I switched to Google's DNS a while back, which made it better for a while, but now it seems like it's even worse.

I reached out to support and the only thing they could tell me was: reboot hardware, reboot system, try again later if that doesn't work.

My PS4 is wired and my PC consistently maxes out at 1.9MB/S on steam downloads, yet Injustice is going to take a whopping 35 hours to download on PS4. And the only thing I can find from Sony is "try again later" or "its your connection". I ask if there's any kind of service issue and I'm told that everything is working normally. Well... ok then.

SerTapTap

I finally made a Playstation Trophies account and...what is even the point if it can't read my trophies direct from PSN for checklists? Isn't that public info? Just wanted a quick checklist of which trophies I have that are bugged in BOI Rebirth (5)

Just curious could i back up to a external hard drive then replace the internal hard drive with the external one i just backed the data on?

No, internal drives are encrypted in a way only that ps3 can read, the backups are normal file systems but still in some data format that is meant for the PS3. You'll need to put a different replacement drive in the PS3 then format it, then restore the backup from the external.

kevin1025

Banned
Is PSN painfully slow for anyone else right now? Mine's been this way for the past several days. I'd love to get the BoI update so I can transfer my vita save back to ps4, but it's going to take HOURS to download the 300mb update. I switched to Google's DNS a while back, which made it better for a while, but now it seems like it's even worse.

I reached out to support and the only thing they could tell me was: reboot hardware, reboot system, try again later if that doesn't work.

My PS4 is wired and my PC consistently maxes out at 1.9MB/S on steam downloads, yet Injustice is going to take a whopping 35 hours to download on PS4. And the only thing I can find from Sony is "try again later" or "its your connection". I ask if there's any kind of service issue and I'm told that everything is working normally. Well... ok then.

Slow here, too. A normally twenty minute download is currently a 3.5 hour download.

I wouldn't recommend Munch's Oddysee to anyone until a patch comes out. I can't advance past one of the beginning levels due to repeated crashes. Got a pixelated error message telling me my Vita was being powered off, but it wouldn't respond to anything. Had to boot it in safe mode. I tried again and it crashed in the exact same spot (activating the first vending machine).

Apparently I'm not the only one having this issue. Pretty bummed it was released in this state after waiting so long for it to hit the Vita. Hopefully JAW can work out the kinks, but for now it's unplayable.

Good to know. Won't buy now. Thanks for the info.

RK128

Hay guys :).

I am just wondering, what are good games to get from the new winter sale? I got Child of Light for the Vita and have 13 bucks left...but I have no idea what games to get :l.

I am tempted to get Munches Odyssey HD for Vita, but I already own that on PS3 and I have a feeling that it will land on PS+ sometime next year (both versions of Strangers Wrath did and the PS3 version of MO did as well).

Any suggestions would be nice :). If not, I will just get a few PS1 games (Strider 1 + 2 and Megaman X4 sound nice :D).

Also, happy holidays Vita Gaf :D! Hope you all have a great holiday (I know I am XD! After tomorrow, no more hard finals!).

daydream

Banned
Hay guys :).

I am just wondering, what are good games to get from the new winter sale? I got Child of Light for the Vita and have 13 bucks left...but I have no idea what games to get :l.

I am tempted to get Munches Odyssey HD for Vita, but I already own that on PS3 and I have a feeling that it will land on PS+ sometime next year (both versions of Strangers Wrath did and the PS3 version of MO did as well).

Any suggestions would be nice :). If not, I will just get a few PS1 games (Strider 1 + 2 and Megaman X4 sound nice :D).

Also, happy holidays Vita Gaf :D! Hope you all have a great holiday (I know I am XD! After tomorrow, no more hard finals!).

Assuming you own Hotline Miami already, I think CounterSpy is worth playing. I like the game quite a bit, it didn't get enough attention when it released.

RK128

Assuming you own Hotline Miami already, I think CounterSpy is worth playing. I like the game quite a bit, it didn't get enough attention when it released.

I think I am going to stick with the PS1 games :). Not that CounterSpy is bad or anything (I think it looks quite fun :D), it is just that it is a strong candidate in becoming a 'free' game on PS+ in the future :l.

Thank you for the suggestion though :D.

daydream

Banned
I think I am going to stick with the PS1 games :). Not that CounterSpy is bad or anything (I think it looks quite fun :D), it is just that it is a strong candidate in becoming a 'free' game on PS+ in the future :l.

Thank you for the suggestion though :D.

You're welcome, even though I don't particularly care for that line of thinking. Gotta support the games, especially smaller ones, where we can. Your money, though, of course. ;)

RK128

You're welcome, even though I don't particularly care for that line of thinking. Gotta support the games, especially smaller ones, where we can. Your money, though, of course. ;)

That is a good point and I rarely have the line of thinking XD! I just figure that I would get games I know for sure I will enjoy (love Mega Man X4 and liked what I saw of Strider 2 on Game Grumps a while back) instead of a cool looking indie game that I may not particularly enjoy as much as I should.

Thank you again for the recommendation though :). I might get it latter this week (after all, the holidays are coming up :)).

Any games you are getting from the sale? I know everyone is saying Child of Light is the best deal of the bunch here :D.

daydream

Banned
That is a good point and I rarely have the line of thinking XD! I just figure that I would get games I know for sure I will enjoy (love Mega Man X4 and liked what I saw of Strider 2 on Game Grumps a while back) instead of a cool looking indie game that I may not particularly enjoy as much as I should.

Thank you again for the recommendation though :). I might get it latter this week (after all, the holidays are coming up :)).

Any games you are getting from the sale? I know everyone is saying Child of Light is the best deal of the bunch here :D.

Haha, no problem. Prolly unfair that I even brought it up but I'm just bothered by the devaluation of games in general. If you're unsure about the game, that's a totally legitimate reason to hold off, obviously.

Hm, I'd have to look at the new EU sales first. Last week's weren't interesting to me. But if there's any indie game on sale that I still want, I'll probably pick it up.

Have fun with Strider btw. I'm a huge MM fan but I barely played the X series, especially after X3. The mainline titles are my jam, though.

Super Mega Baseball was a pricey $20.

Surprising complicated controls. There is a lot of depth here for a supposed arcade based on Baseball Stars. It is more The Show on gameplay than Baseball Stars or RBI Baseball. It will aim assist you a lot on the lower levels but there still is a lot going on here.

Not going to lie. This would be so much better with a MLB license.

Here is a quick video of me going through the menu and some gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4QB0ZhGdIU

Need to play more as I am not sure I like it or not.

BTW - I used ShareFactory for the video. It is surprisingly good even if it crashed on me.

autoduelist

I finally made a Playstation Trophies account and...what is even the point if it can't read my trophies direct from PSN for checklists? Isn't that public info? Just wanted a quick checklist of which trophies I have that are bugged in BOI Rebirth (5)

I'm not sure exactly what you want it for, but I know truetrophies.com can read your psn account. It then scores trophies by some multiplier based on rarity.

I'm playing a game, a meta-game of buying games.

I know that game. But with my massive backlog, I'm actually not sure if I'm winning or losing.

Reading this thread is depressing since for me it is buy a game or two and not afford ps+ or visce versa.

Buy ps+ and one $5ish sale game.

Haha, no problem. Prolly unfair that I even brought it up but I'm just bothered by the devaluation of games in general.

It's a valid point. Between ios and steam sales, it's a serious issue. At least the argument can be made with Steam and bundles that they're an alternative to rampant piracy (because they are) but IOS has truly been a race to free/.99, not to mention all the game design issues that brings (f2p, p2w, etc).

JPS Kai

Oh dear. 56 hours of my life down and I'm finally almost finished with Phantasy Star Nova. Got some grinding left, then I'll have that sweet, sweet platinum.

Top Bottom