• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

SerTapTap

Speaking of JP Vita, I DO have a spare Vita I won't use much (my old faithful OLED) and a couple spare cards, anything free, JP+ or worth paying for if I can't read Japanese I can use the old Vita for? I have a JP account and have been considering JP PS+ but I'm not really sure of the benefits beyond the PS1 archives. Not super interested in PSO2 myself

Speaking of JP Vita, I DO have a spare Vita I won't use much (my old faithful OLED) and a couple spare cards, anything free, JP+ or worth paying for if I can't read Japanese I can use the old Vita for? I have a JP account and have been considering JP PS+ but I'm not really sure of the benefits beyond the PS1 archives. Not super interested in PSO2 myself

Play all the F2P games, lololololol.

Soo, which one is actually for Vita? What is happening here?
HzjbsDp.png

I also have the same two files downloadable on the Vita itself.
EDIT: The 277MB one gives an error. Anyway, good job Sony.

Producer

well you can try out f2p games and demos?

Other than that...i dunno. if you arent into importing i suppose you should just sell it.

SerTapTap

I'm keeping it just for the OLED and because the prices have only been going up on those anyway. I'm kinda iffy on digital importing though and a JP PSN Vita doesn't even help much with physical imports (I could get DLC, that's about it)

VLiberty

Is this the "disappeared games are finally releasing" day? Aside from Munch's Oddysee and Switch Galaxy, Fieldrunners 2 is also out now

Shizuka

After the fault Milestone PSM thing and the Clannad port fiasco, they should be 100% sure of the console stretch goals before lauching a kickstarter, not a vague "ports" bs that can or cannot happen.

That's true, I'd rather they didn't mention it until it's confirmed, specially if they might not happen.

Shizuka

What have I done?
I just ordered Project Diva F 2nd even though I'd have to wait next month due to my financial situation.

Shizuka

Last game of the year for me, that's for sure. With all holiday gifts I had to get, I don't know how I was able to order PDF2nd.

SerTapTap

Not native but close. Is there a way to upload Vita screenshots without the use of a PC?

I just tweet, otherwise I use a PC. Not sure if stuff like Imgur lets you grab images or not. Tweet quality isn't too bad, seems better than from PS4 (maybe just due to the lower native res), here's a sample I recently tweeted direct from Vita

I just email screenshots to myself. Can then grab it from my phone, tablet, PC or whatever. So yeah the Vita email app is not totally useless.

Oh that's clever. I probably wouldn't bother with it myself though, my Vita is mostly used at home near my PC

tHANKFUlly I can offer 300 MB for the game, hope I like it.

If it plays half as well as the PS4 game it's a great game. Might start on easy modo though. It's hardly the hardest game I've played, but I've heard of people having difficulty issues.

Not sure if stuff like Imgur lets you grab images or not.

Imgur might but using the Vita browser is something painful with the random reloads until it just gives up. A sad story is that I used Vita for causal browsing for about a year until I broke down and just bought a $100 Android tablet. Looking back, I was being really stupid.

SerTapTap

Imgur might but using the Vita browser is something painful with the random reloads until it just gives up. A sad story is that I used Vita for causal browsing for about a year until I broke down and just bought a $100 Android tablet. Looking back, I was being really stupid.

Yeah it does give memory issues quite a bit. I had to close my game just to log into twitter last night because it threw me to a "login failed" page that was too big for Vita's RAM minus a full game. Kind of amazing how much the PS3 and Vita do in games when you look at their specs and there's less RAM in there than an old Android phone

Tapejara

Ended up getting the following in this week's Holiday Sale:

Flockers
Gravity Crash Ultra
Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Playstation®Vita Pets
The Golf Club
Worms™ Battlegrounds

I'm trying to decide if I want to get Gundam Reborn as well, but I haven't really payed attention to anything Gundam since I was kid. Still, it's giant robots fighting each other...

Glassboy

I made a thread about this but I also figured I would throw it in here if you guys have any experience dealing with Sony customer service.

So I decided to take part in the promotion that ran over thanksgiving weekend. It was was the promotion where you had to spend $100 and you get $15 back. Here is the link for the promotion.

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork....-store-credit/

I decided to preorder bloodborne and buy tales from the borderlands and game of thrones. Those 3 purchases should have put me over $100. On Dec. 2 I made all the purchases thinking I would receive the $15 back on or before Dec.15th.

Dec.15th rolled around and I did not receive any credit. I contacted them today and they said they could not help me because the promotion ended on Dec 1. The first line of text on the site promoting everything is "Spend $100 USD using your SEN Wallet through December 2nd, 2014, you’ll receive a $15 USD credit back on or before December 15th, 2014"

I told them that through Dec.2nd meant that it should mean throughout the day of the Dec.2nd. Both representatives told me that's not what it meant and that the promotion ended on Dec.1st. It didn't help that the first representative started to interrupt and talk over me saying that I was wrong. Did anyone else not get their credit from this promotion and is Sony's customer service always this bad? Also, am I just crazy in thinking that "through" pertains to the entire day?

nampad

Just got my second Vita. It must have been on the shelves for quite some time, been charging it for a while now and still can't power it up.

autoduelist

Imgur might but using the Vita browser is something painful with the random reloads until it just gives up.

Turn off Java in the settings, and the random reloads go away for 99% of sites. Some extremely intensive sites still have issues, but lots that used to be (but shouldn't have been) unusable now work great.

I used to find the browser headache inducing, now I use it all the time. Sites also have a habit of staying in memory longer, though they do sometimes reload if you leave, do other stuff, come back (especially a page with heavy images), but that's memory management so I can't really complain.

JPS Kai

Just got my second Vita. It must have been on the shelves for quite some time, been charging it for a while now and still can't power it up.

Have you tried holding down the power, PS button, and the R button at the same time to go into the recovery menu?

I made a thread about this but I also figured I would throw it in here if you guys have any experience dealing with Sony customer service.

So I decided to take part in the promotion that ran over thanksgiving weekend. It was was the promotion where you had to spend $100 and you get $15 back. Here is the link for the promotion.

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork....-store-credit/

I decided to preorder bloodborne and buy tales from the borderlands and game of thrones. Those 3 purchases should have put me over $100. On Dec. 2 I made all the purchases thinking I would receive the $15 back on or before Dec.15th.

Dec.15th rolled around and I did not receive any credit. I contacted them today and they said they could not help me because the promotion ended on Dec 1. The first line of text on the site promoting everything is "Spend $100 USD using your SEN Wallet through December 2nd, 2014, you’ll receive a $15 USD credit back on or before December 15th, 2014"

I told them that through Dec.2nd meant that it should mean throughout the day of the Dec.2nd. Both representatives told me that's not what it meant and that the promotion ended on Dec.1st. It didn't help that the first representative started to interrupt and talk over me saying that I was wrong. Did anyone else not get their credit from this promotion and is Sony's customer service always this bad? Also, am I just crazy in thinking that "through" pertains to the entire day?

I spent $59.98 of my total of $100.95 for the week on December 2, and I got the $15 credit. Their customer service is just bad, I guess.

Tapejara

Just a reminder guys: if you're interested in playing After Burner Climax you should get it now. While it's scheduled to be delisted later this month, it was already removed from the NA Store. It's still up in the UK and I'd assume other regions as well, but you never know when it could be taken down.

Turn off Java in the settings, and the random reloads go away for 99% of sites. Some extremely intensive sites still have issues, but lots that used to be (but shouldn't have been) unusable now work great.

I used to find the browser headache inducing, now I use it all the time. Sites also have a habit of staying in memory longer, though they do sometimes reload if you leave, do other stuff, come back (especially a page with heavy images), but that's memory management so I can't really complain.

Hmm. I'll have to try that. Thanks. I found another terrible problem is that if a page wasn't finished rendering I would try to click on a link but it would just jump and then go to a wrong link. I still need to use the browser when I am at a hotel and they have that stupid annoying gate page you have to sign into to use the Internet.

I think tho the only reason I would use the Vita browser again for non hotel Internet gating is if some how I am kidnapped and trapped in a room without a PC, phone or tablet. I would probably still yell for a couple of hours before trying to use my Vita browser to communicate for help.

Ended up getting the following in this week's Holiday Sale:

Flockers
Gravity Crash Ultra
Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Playstation®Vita Pets
The Golf Club
Worms™ Battlegrounds

I'm trying to decide if I want to get Gundam Reborn as well, but I haven't really payed attention to anything Gundam since I was kid. Still, it's giant robots fighting each other...
Shouldn't you be playing Persona 4:Golden instead?

Just a reminder guys: if you're interested in playing After Burner Climax you should get it now. While it's scheduled to be delisted later this month, it was already removed from the NA Store. It's still up in the UK and I'd assume other regions as well, but you never know when it could be taken down.

I can see people liking After Burner Climax but I have a intolerance to that much stuff going on once. Reminds me a lot of Sin & Punishment: Star Successor in that I need to clear my head afterwards and play a nice relaxing golf game.

nampad

Have you tried holding down the power, PS button, and the R button at the same time to go into the recovery menu?

Wasn't the problem. The battery was just empty and needed a long charge.
Funny how they use the Vita 1000 introduction video for the Vita 2000 :D

Tapejara

Shouldn't you be playing Persona 4:Golden instead?

Yes I should be.

*stares at a wall for forty minutes*

I can see people liking After Burner Climax but I have a intolerance to that much stuff going on once. Reminds me a lot of Sin & Punishment: Star Successor in that I need to clear my head afterwards and play a nice relaxing golf game.

I've never actually seen gameplay from it. Sounds like it would have been fun. Too bad I waited to long to grab it.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Not unexpected to be honest.

how does it perform btw?

Really well! Very solid framerate, looks like native res (not 100% sure, but the image quality is nice). It definitely shows its age in the graphics, but it's from 2001. I don't think anyone is going to pick it up for the purpose of being wowed by its looks. My only complaint aside from the crashing is the audio. There are some sound effects that are way louder than everything else in the game, even though I turned the effects volume to soft. The sound of a Mudokon scratching itself can completely drown out dialogue, for instance. I also have to turn down the volume on my Vita when I open the Start menu, because the sound of changing tabs in it is way louder than the in-game audio.

Oddworld Inhabitants sent me a DM on Twitter with a link to a post they made regarding an update. Sure enough, that's a screenshot of the spot where it crashes for me. I can't DM them back, but now that I know they're reading the thread I'll post what other details I can: I'm playing it with patch 1.01 installed. Using a 64GB card on a Vita 1000, the wifi-only model.

I'm very impressed with how quick they were to acknowledge the issue and make a statement about it. I especially appreciate someone taking the time to find a way to contact and address me personally. Lots of respect for OI and JAW. I'm confident they'll provide a fix.

Top Bottom