• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

maouvin

I give up, I need to start a list of Vita games I'm going to buy in 2015, can't remember half of the things I'm already incredibly hyped for.

I gave up on doing that. I'm trusting Fady K and TVL to keep me up to date.
Now I'm just writing down things I didn't get at launch and plan to get in the future. It's looking brutal.

TOTP: buy GG Xrd. If you can't get it now, at least grab Elphelt for free.

Shinriji

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VITA!

I was creating a thread, just like last year, but I remember the mods closed fairly quickly. Not doing the same mistake again, lol.

Tapejara

Happy third birthday, Vita!

---

Catching up on this thread:

Holy shit, NISA I love you. Disgaea 5 and Operation Abyss! The turnaround for Operation Abyss was pretty fast, hopefully we'll hear some news on Steins;Gate as well.

11PM est on random days of the week.

I LOL'd.

PS Plus is (usually) updated on the third Wednesday of the month. I dunno if there's a permanent change or if it's due to the recent events (PSX, etc) but there the PS+ stuff for December is somehow from 12/03 to 1/06

Release of new games are usually on Thursdays.

Most of the store updates are usually done by the time people get home in Japan. Though I think it's usually updated by noon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VITA!

I was creating a thread, just like last year, but I remember the mods closed fairly quickly. Not doing the same mistake again, lol.

LOL, it's for the better. Vita threads have been devolving too fast lately.

Minecraft Vita has reached 100k sales in Japan.

One of the best things with the Vita for me is how it makes me play games in genres I usually have no interest in.

The latest experience have been Akiba's trip, I thought it would be a game as an excuse for fanservice (and maybe it is), but instead I found a satirical portrait of a subculture with an interesting combat system.

The removal of clothes in AS is to me as much about stripping people as a FPS is about killing people.

The satisfaction for me comes from stripping the attackers of their dignity by removing their clothes. The physical stripping is just a visual representation of a psychological condition.

TLDR: I recommend this game

Shinriji

LOL, it's for the better. Vita threads have been devolving too fast lately.

Do you think so? In the SaGa and Steins;Gate topic, a lot of vita haters weren't port begging as usual, but "Looks like I will buy a vita after all :("

Which means that some games could change what people think about the vita.

Bauer91

So Resogun for PS3/Vita is now out on the UK Store, cross buy with the PS4 version. However, it shows two different Resogun files available to download on the Vita, one is 277MB and the other 284MB, don't know what's up with that.

I get an error trying to download the smaller one so the bigger one it is.

crinale

As for GE2, shooting for some additional sales at Western market is the only legitimate reason I can imagine for Bamco making it multiplat with PS4.
And yes, GE2RB is cross-playable between PS4 and Vita.

I wouldn't recommend Munch's Oddysee to anyone until a patch comes out. I can't advance past one of the beginning levels due to repeated crashes. Got a pixelated error message telling me my Vita was being powered off, but it wouldn't respond to anything. Had to boot it in safe mode. I tried again and it crashed in the exact same spot (activating the first vending machine).

Apparently I'm not the only one having this issue. Pretty bummed it was released in this state after waiting so long for it to hit the Vita. Hopefully JAW can work out the kinks, but for now it's unplayable.
Thanks for sharing! I almost pulled the trigger on this. I've been playing through New n' Tasty (my first time playing the full game of Abe's Odysee) and am simply in love with the work that went into it, as well as how amazing the gameplay and puzzles still hold up. Munch's Oddysee was the first Oddworld game I actually sat down and played outright, getting 100% completion on it so many moons ago. I figured it would be a great Vita game for on the go, but I am disappointed to see such game-breaking bug.

jvm

Gamasutra.

VLiberty

I wouldn't recommend Munch's Oddysee to anyone until a patch comes out. I can't advance past one of the beginning levels due to repeated crashes. Got a pixelated error message telling me my Vita was being powered off, but it wouldn't respond to anything. Had to boot it in safe mode. I tried again and it crashed in the exact same spot (activating the first vending machine).

Apparently I'm not the only one having this issue. Pretty bummed it was released in this state after waiting so long for it to hit the Vita. Hopefully JAW can work out the kinks, but for now it's unplayable.
Not unexpected to be honest.

how does it perform btw?

SerTapTap

Pretty impressed with Neptunia PP, lots of humor, and fully voice acted (songs are still in Japanese but I never expected different and that's probably for the best anyway). Gameplay is pretty basic "life sim" stuff but I bought it for the humor and characters and it easily delivers. Kinda glad it's not a rhythm game like I initially thought because I have Theatrhythm which will last me until I run out of good (4-10) final fantasy songs to play.

So how's the Resogun port? Great game, though I'm sure a lot of the spectacle is lost for Vita/PS3.

I'm not sure exactly what you want it for, but I know truetrophies.com can read your psn account. It then scores trophies by some multiplier based on rarity.

It was mostly just to see which trophies, especially the hidden ones, I had failed to unlock, because I know how to get everything in the game, I just have broken trophies I'll need to redo very painfully. Hopefully not something I need to do again, but it would have been nice to have a site where I could see all trophies (especially descriptions of hidden ones) that I DON'T have for games I DO have but I guess that's not PStrophies.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Got Gundam Breaker 2.

Its pretty cool, but plays quite different from the first. Feels a lot more geared towards beginners.

One thing am curious to see is how the PS3 version will play control wise. Dont currently like how auto-lockon is a constant thing on the Vita ver on the PSV TV.

Some other technical issues, but overall I most def will enjoy the title for what it is.

Im curious of the PSV version has lower res textures to help with the performance in general. Since some in game footage showed higher res textures which must be from the PS3 ver.

My PS3 ver arrives today, so will be able to get comparison footage up.

One thing for sure is gundam fans will have a good time I think in general. Since the customizing system has been upgraded from the original title a lot. Which is what felt really lacking with the original.

Cant help to feel massively OP from the get go which is kinda funny.

Prelude.

141882927386370o4c.jpg

Doesn't look native res.

SerTapTap

Yeah, I'm hoping it's image compression doing its worst. Guess we'll find out soon (someone will have to be the guinea pig :p).

Unless they actually lowered the resolution of the screengrab, I kinda doubt it's all compression. Looks like a decently compressed image of an ugly game more than a poorly compressed image of a decent game

Knuf

Sorry if this has already been posted, but if you got the PS4 version of Resogun through PS+ one year ago, you can download the full PSV/PS3 versions for free right now, even though I doubt it's intentional.

Bauer91

It doesn't look nearly as bad in motion, in my opinion. I'd still rather play it on PS4 but since I only have a Vita it's good enough.

And I was first in the world for a moment there when there still weren't a lot of people playing!

lzOgm0d.jpg

Yo, I guess this is the place to ask but maybe not.

I just got my 16gb card in the mail to replace my 4gb one. Now, what do I keep an eye out for while transferring shit from one card to the other?
I guess I'll also use the 4gb card now for japanese PSN stuff. PSO2 here I come.

SerTapTap

I just got my 16gb card in the mail to replace my 4gb one. Now, what do I keep an eye out for while transferring shit from one card to the other?
I guess I'll also use the 4gb card now for japanese PSN stuff. PSO2 here I come.

Just backup and restore via Content Manager. Shouldn't take overly long for 4GB. Only thing to keep an eye out for is your system icon bubbles will probably shift around. BTW you know you have to factory reset the Vita each time to switch accounts, even with different cards, right? It's not a pleasant process.

PSO2 on Vita has surpassed 8GB with all the patches, IIRC.

If you want some info on the title

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859273

Its basically a dungeon crawler, though not really like SMT. More the Wizardry formula changed up with setting / classes. But a lot of the general game design mechanics are there.

Yo Parakeet, how much plot is there in this one? If its anything like Demon Gaze, that in my opinion struck a perfect balance between story and gameplay, I'll be more delighted.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yo Parakeet, how much plot is there in this one? If its anything like Demon Gaze, that in my opinion struck a perfect balance between story and gameplay, I'll be more delighted.

There is a general plot / story, which advances as you go along. Though its taken from the previous PC game and follows that, so in some ways its a bit different from what was in demon gaze I suppose. As not as many events, but the dungeon crawling aspect is enjoyable.

There is a general plot / story, which advances as you go along. Though its taken from the previous PC game and follows that, so in some ways its a bit different from what was in demon gaze I suppose. As not as many events, but the dungeon crawling aspect is enjoyable.

Good stuff, after playing Demon Gaze I was hoping by his one would make it over. When I saw your thread with the screenshots and all, I was sold aha

Top Bottom