• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

SerTapTap

The Cosmic Star Heroine people are considering physical copies for PS4 after RCR made it look easy. Not a high priority, and possibly PS4 only (not sure if Vita's actually harder to get physical copies for or not, but lots of devs are reluctant to do it), but it'd be awesome if it happened. I'll definitely buy any and all physical copies of indie PS4 games I can get my grubby spikes on. Do keep in mind Brian Provinciano of Retro City Rampage is sorta famous for going pretty ridiculously gung-ho so just because he got a physical print doesn't mean it's so frictionless everyone's going to bother.

bobohoro

I'd buy Cosmic Star Heroine digitally as long as it came with digital versions too

That would be some Ubisoft-level of dickery if it didn't!

;)

If it's cross-buy digitally I would consider double-dipping for a physical copy of the PS4 version to show some support, although I'll mainly play it on Vita. Probably.

Shizuka

The Cosmic Star Heroine people are considering physical copies for PS4 after RCR made it look easy. Not a high priority, and possibly PS4 only (not sure if Vita's actually harder to get physical copies for or not, but lots of devs are reluctant to do it), but it'd be awesome if it happened. I'll definitely buy any and all physical copies of indie PS4 games I can get my grubby spikes on. Do keep in mind Brian Provinciano of Retro City Rampage is sorta famous for going pretty ridiculously gung-ho so just because he got a physical print doesn't mean it's so frictionless everyone's going to bother.

Let's hope Vita too.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I like Ubisoft. They made Watch Dogs this year. Yeah that's right I'm a Watch Dogs lover. Most underrated game of the year. Or to be more accurate, the most overhated game of the year. Most fun I had with any AAA this year.

maouvin

Better wait for patch 4, where they'll refurb the... background or something.

I like Ubisoft. They made Watch Dogs this year. Yeah that's right I'm a Watch Dogs lover. Most underrated game of the year. Or to be more accurate, the most overhated game of the year. Most fun I had with any AAA this year.

I like them too, and am happy that they finally managed to improve Unity's performance. Unfortunaly, I don't have much else to do there until the DLC arrives.

daydream

Banned
So yeah, Resogun on Vita is indeed totally playable. As someone who has yet to experience the PS4 version, it seems to run pretty smoothly, too. And as expected, the game is perfect for me. It was the only game that was of any interest when the PS4 launched and I'm happy to report that said interest was justified at the time.

They also retained the online co-op which is awesome. Maybe one of you guys would be up to try it sometime? (Also wondering if it's cross-platform but I doubt it because of the expansion content on PS4.)

daydream

Banned
A VitaGAF GOTY list, yes. I could care less about a general one, my vote wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

Yeah, the GOTY voting is too anonymous for me (and I'd have too much of a hard time making a list, anyway). I'd be in for a Vita thing, though.
Luftrausers wins!
j/k
or am I?

but it feels like I'm betraying VitaGAF if I do that

Don't be silly. Although the game totally warrants double-dipping. Enjoyed it a lot.

bobohoro

We should start compiling lists for GOTY around here somewhere.

I really need to start doing that stuff in english. In another (german) forum I keep a whole thread full of lengthy videogame impressions. For every game I played in the last 2-3 years, neatly organized. So I don't really feel like doing that work twice and do another write-up in english here on GAF, but I also dislike just listing stuff without additional info, so I mostly abstain from all those threads. But a VitaGAF vote/list-thingy might just make me rethink that.

A VitaGAF GOTY list, yes. I could care less about a general one, my vote wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.

The games that I played on Vita that I liked ranked:

1. Rouge Legacy
2. Race to the Sun
3. Luftrausers
4. OlliOlli
5. Jet Car Stunts
6. Don't Die, Mr. Robot!
7. Frozen Synapse Prime
8. Rollers of the Realm
9. Sparkle 2
10. Retro City Rampage DX
11. Pix the Cat
12. TxK
13. Crimsonland
14. Joe Danger
15. Futurdium EP Deluxe
16. PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
17. Titan Attacks!
18. Borderlands 2
19. Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror
20. Age of Zombies
21. Ethan: Meteor Hunter

Damn I played a lot of good games on Vita this year.

Loved Velocity Ultra. I gotta play the sequel but I am saving it from my holiday travel. Also loved the original Rock Boshers and plan on playing the new version too.

Flandy

My top 5 games of the year in no particular order:

Persona 4G
Dota 2
Final Fantasy IX
Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak
Suikoden II

Thoughts?

D6PfW.jpg

ZeroAKA

My GotY nominees:

1. Hatsune Miku Project Diva f
2. Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd
3. Soul Sacrifice Delta
4. Diablo 3 UEE
5. Rogue Legacy

I can't think of any other games this year that I liked nearly as much as those 5.

iosefe

My GotY nominees:

3. Soul Sacrifice Delta
4. Diablo 3 UEE
5. Rogue Legacy

I can't think of any other games this year that I liked nearly as much as those 5.

image.php

no Velocity 2X love?

wilflare

My GotY nominees:

3. Soul Sacrifice Delta
4. Diablo 3 UEE
5. Rogue Legacy

hmm why is the first game better than the second?
would love to know why - thought the 2nd fixed quite a few problems?

Shizuka

My GotY nominees:

3. Soul Sacrifice Delta
4. Diablo 3 UEE
5. Rogue Legacy

That's a great list. I need to play SSD someday.

hmm why is the first game better than the second?
would love to know why - thought the 2nd fixed quite a few problems?

For me, I'd rank them the same (also place 1 and 2 in my Vita GOTYs), the tracklists are both awesome and I only slightly prefer 2nd because it's fresher in memory. I don't know what they supposedly fixed in 2nd, as there wasn't really anything wrong with the first one.
remote control
That's a good point though

kirby2096

Bought some games + dlc on the psn store. Hopped onto Destiny to find my PS+ expired so I resub.

Now my download list doesn't just have all the PS+ stuff at the beginning, they are in a different order depending on whether I'm accessing it from the web store or consoles..

When's that search/sort function coming?

incpdo

The games that I played on Vita that I liked ranked:

1. Rouge Legacy
2. Race to the Sun
3. Luftrausers
4. OlliOlli
5. Jet Car Stunts
6. Don't Die, Mr. Robot!
7. Frozen Synapse Prime
8. Rollers of the Realm
9. Sparkle 2
10. Retro City Rampage DX
11. Pix the Cat
12. TxK
13. Crimsonland
14. Joe Danger
15. Futurdium EP Deluxe
16. PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
17. Titan Attacks!
18. Borderlands 2
19. Poltergeist: A Pixelated Horror
20. Age of Zombies
21. Ethan: Meteor Hunter

Damn I played a lot of good games on Vita this year.

Loved Velocity Ultra. I gotta play the sequel but I am saving it from my holiday travel. Also loved the original Rock Boshers and plan on playing the new version too.
Why is race to the sun so high up on the list? Is an ios game. Repetitive with ugly graphics. I mean I understand is your personal opinion but aren't you the guy that makes pointed reviews about games on this thread ? Maybe I'm mistaking. If you don't mind can you tell me why?

Shizuka

Why is race to the sun so high up on the list? Is an ios game. Repetitive with ugly graphics. I mean I understand is your personal opinion but aren't you the guy that makes pointed reviews about games on this thread ? Maybe I'm mistaking. If you don't mind can you tell me why?

It's a PC game first.

Top Bottom