• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

daxy

You using a 64GB?
Are you using a 64gb card? The exact same thing happened to me.

I was still sitting on a 16gb before making the jump to 64. Not so sure now, having read that this is a surprisingly widespread issue. How would I even send it back for a replacement if it's bought overseas?

You should try to ask sony r a replacement. It may still be under warranty.

Still got the store's warranty thankfully. I got this thing along with my Vita two months ago. I'll try that instead since I assume waiting for Sony to deal with it will mean I'm out of a memory card for a few months. Glad I have the slim now, will at least be able to play something.

What's the exact error code?

I wouldn't be surprised if true, considering that there was that 32gB being incompatible some time ago.

The failure codes for a corrupted card don't have any description and are inconsistent. I got a whole bunch of different errors like C4-10278-8, C1-3490-6 and C1-6509-0.

incpdo

Could not tell you why but other than Rouge Legacy, Race to the Sun is the game I played the most on Vita. The list is really the amount I played of each game. Yeah it is repetitive and way too simple but I kept impulsively playing it every night. Objectively there are probably better games on that list. Why does one particular game stick with someone? I dunno but I would be pretty damn rich if I could figure it out. I would design the most addictive video games tailored to every individual and make a fortune.
Fair enough for me.

My top 10 vita games released this year:
1. Danganronpa 2: The trials were even better than those in the first game, lots of great twists and great characters. Unfortunately the minigames were pretty bad.
2. Danganronpa: Loved the story, suffered from bad minigames but they were better than in the sequel)
3. Final Fantasy X HD: Never played the original, so for me this was awesome. Loved the combat, the characters, the music and story. Wish they would go back to turn-based combat in Final Fantasy games, it's my favorite combat system.
4. Ys: Memories of Celceta: Annoying that we had to wait for it in EU, when NA got it last year, but the game was worth the wait. Awesome combat, great music and fun dialogue.
5. Child of Light: Played it on Vita since I'm not a traitor like Flandy. I've seen several complaints about the script being in rhymes, but personally I found it charming. Made the game feel more like a fairy tale, which fits the story perfectly. The combat was great, especially using the firefly during combat was pretty cool. The ending boss was pretty underwhelming though.
6. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragments: Fun and addictive combat, bad script that was greatly improved by having a shitty localization.
7. Entwined: Looks great, and was relaxing to play. Lovely atmosphere.
8. Murasaki Baby: The artstyle, music and atmosphere are top notch but the puzzles are pretty easy, and the game is fairly short. Still a really enjoyable experience, worth playing for those who likes artsy games.
9. Akiba's trip: Undead & Undressed: When this was announced I really doubted that I would play it, but since it was on sale I kinda had to buy it. And it was actually pretty fun, the setting is silly, the dialogue is enjoyable and it looks good on the vita screen. The combat feels a bit clunky, but I still enjoyed the battles.
10. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F Haven't really played this that much, since I'm not a fan of rhythm games, but I still enjoyed this one. I'm terrible at it, so it'll take me a while to get through all songs, but I'm sure I'll do it someday.

Shinriji

Wow, Touhou Fan games will be huge on vita. The custom themes are selling like hotcakes and the real games aren't even out, lol

Touhou + Kancolle + Square Exclusives = #VITA2015

The failure codes for a corrupted card don't have any description and are inconsistent. I got a whole bunch of different errors like C4-10278-8, C1-3490-6 and C1-6509-0.

Couldn't get anything substantial out of those codes. :/

One error (C1-6509-0) was mentioned in another problem about the PS Store (C2-12828-1), which was more likely a Vita unit problem as it had a firmware-related stuff.

C4... apparently is a memory card-related issue.

Do you happen to know anyone with a PS3? I don't have a PS3 so I have not done this myself, but the Million Arthur 2ch thread user said you can reformat the C4 error even if Vita (alone) won't let you.

C1-3490-6 is practically non-existent on google, aside from a Chinese result.

Shinriji

So we're talking consistent double beastmode through 2015?

And I'm almost setting the spare Vita do my JP acc again to get those themes and just stare at them.

With a price drop? Sure.

And gotta save those yen, lol. 450 yen for each Touhou custom theme.

I'm still a bit disappointed at the Resogun frame rate on the Vita only being 30FPS. I've played an awful lot of the PS4 version so I instantly notice the difference in how smooth the game plays. Still, it looks like its a solid 30FPS, I've not seen the game dip once, even on the hardest difficulties where there's a lot happening on screen at once.

Plus its still perhaps the most addictive game I've ever played since Tetris, I've managed to rack up 97% of the trophies already, I just need to clear the game with two of the ships and I'm done.

TsuWave

sorry guys but i need some guidance. i just bought a new vita (2000) and i have a 64gb card i use on my old vita and i want to start using it on the new one, is there anything i need to do or can i just take it out of the old and put it straight in?

Shinriji

sorry guys but i need some guidance. i just bought a new vita (2000) and i have a 64gb card i use on my old vita and i want to start using it on the new one, is there anything i need to do or can i just take it out of the old and put it straight in?

Just make sure that you are using the same account on both vitas.

Can't remember what I did, but try signing in first, then putting the memory card in.

nampad

Finally started to play Resogun (own a PS4 since launch) on the Vita. I like it, plays quite well and is fun. Unfortunately, you can't use the dpad and facebuttons for flying and shooting :(

Unieuro.it. It's an italian site, I don't know if it ships to other EU countries. :/

Always thought you were German, lol.

VLiberty

I'm going with a top 7 since I haven't played a lot of 2014 games
1)Velocity 2x
2)TxK
3)Joe Danger
4)Olliolli
5)Steamworld Dig
6)Pix The Cat
7)Luftrausers

It might be top-8 with Resogun which I'm really liking. I didn't want to include that because I just started it lol

I still haven't played a lot of 2014 games though. I've played a lot of 2012/3 games this year since I got my Vita in mid-2013

Finally started to play Resogun (own a PS4 since launch) on the Vita. I like it, plays quite well and is fun. Unfortunately, you can't use the dpad and facebuttons for flying and shooting :(

Always thought you were German, lol.
Haha why?

Shinriji

Mine top 10

1. Danganronpa
2. J-Stars Victory VS
3. Tales of Hearts R
4. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
5. Senran Kagura: SV
6. Demon Gaze
7. Freedom Wars
8. Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
9. Final Fantasy X/X-2
10. Soul Sacrifice Delta

Amazing year for a dead handheld.

SerTapTap

Is there a Touhou theme with that crinkly eared rabbit? That's the best Touhou. Are they bringing games over or just themes? I'd actually bother with JP PSN if it were a game, themes would be cute but useless without being brought to US PSN, or at least PS4.

I can't remember all the Vita games I played this year and TBH most of them would be indies I actually mostly/entirely played on PS4. It would probably be like 50% PS+ games though, amazing year. Still playing BOI Rebirth. I'll also call out Murasaki baby because it needs more love.

People really liked Velocity 2X eh?

It didn't click for me, felt like sort of like a flash game.

Ugh. But yes, fantastic game all around.

Since Chrono Trigger isn't available on PSN in EU, is the android version worth picking up? It's on sale

I hope you like Bilinear filtering. Hideous.

SerTapTap

Looks bad, but other than that there's no problem?

Already gets a no from me due to that and the UI, but a quick peek at the reveiws indicates it's both always online and immediately closes upon losing focus without saving. Also generally speaking, like PSN titles, it takes quite a lot for a game to get less than 4 stars on Google Play, especially a port of an amazing game.

Already gets a no from me due to that and the UI, but a quick peek at the reveiws indicates it's both always online and immediately closes upon losing focus without saving. Also generally speaking, like PSN titles, it takes quite a lot for a game to get less than 4 stars on Google Play, especially a port of an amazing game.

Damn, I'll skip it then

bobohoro

Since Chrono Trigger isn't available on PSN in EU, is the android version worth picking up? It's on sale

Chrono Trigger should be played at its best, so preferably on DS. Next best option would be the original on SNES. The PS port has long load times, even for simple things like opening the menu, which basically makes it unplayable for me. Can't say anything about the IOS version, but I wouldn't trust Squenix to deliver something that does the game justice.

Tizoc

My brother's getting a PS4 come March, what's a good HDTV to make its graphics really pop out.
I want one that offers the least input lag though.

SerTapTap

My brother's getting a PS4 come March, what's a good HDTV to make its graphics really pop out.
I want one that offers the least input lag though.

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/ is a great way to cross check input lag, dunno what TVs are good though. Shit seems insanely complicated and vague. I prefer PC specs, they actually mean things. Hate shopping for TVs and sound stuff, they have specs but they're almost irrelevant to the actual visual/audio quality.

Tizoc

So Hollow Knight may not reach its Vita goal BUT some tweeting and word of mouth might nudge it our way ;)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11662585/hollow-knight

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/ is a great way to cross check input lag, dunno what TVs are good though. Shit seems insanely complicated and vague. I prefer PC specs, they actually mean things. Hate shopping for TVs and sound stuff, they have specs but they're almost irrelevant to the actual visual/audio quality.

Heh that's been my main guide in the past, but I hadn't used it in a while.

SerTapTap

Maybe if they didn't announced the vita stretch goal ON THE LAST DAY of the KS we could reach it.

I think this was the one where they were waiting to be a registered PS developer, but that's something you REALLY need to do before starting your kickstarter.

SerTapTap

I'd think so, too. But I also think that the port will come sooner or later.

If it sells well Sony will probably try to pick 'em up. I hope they consider PS4+Vita on their own, ideally with cross buy, but IMO Wii U + Vita being their first stops after PC indicates kinda weird priorities.

What's the exact error code?

I wouldn't be surprised if true, considering that there was that 32gB being incompatible some time ago.
It's an error code that wasn't in NA Playstation support page, it was on the JP support page. I'll try tracing back the error code.
Found it, C4-10278-8

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
White PS4 + Vita 2k + Fifa 15 Vita =399€ @ Mediaworld(Italy)!
mediaworld2.jpg

SerTapTap

I think I should be playing Flash games more then, I don't remember seeing one with controls and level design nearly as tight as Velocity 2X.

There actually are some rather good flash games, though control is almost always an issue as Flash is basically incapable of maintaining a proper 60FPS refresh even on top of the line processors (it's also still single core with no controller support as of 2014 which is nuts)

Anyway "looks like a flash game" is just something ignorant people spout because they don't have the taste to appreciate 2D games, rarely has anything to actually do with flash or it's issues.

Cue the Grisaia Kickstarter.

Heard about that too. How do you not get approval for one of your primary stretch goals ahead of time. Grisaia got funded FAST though (VNs seem to get more money than I'd expect--now I'm surprised more aren't localized) so it'll easily hit that Vita goal...even if they don't have confirmed Vita support before it hits.

Also, props to them for making "all the ports" it's own singular KS goal instead of splitting them out, making some more expensive than the other, all that stuff. Don't really care for how that throws the logistics on the contributors.

Top Bottom