• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Hey so if I've never played Suikoden, can I just skip I and go straight for II? Looking for a travel gem for my vita and the internet seems indecisive.

edit: I ask that because I've heard II is better, but will I be completely lost?

D6PfW.jpg

RIP...

Also anyone have anymore concrete news on RE Revelations 2 and the Vita release, really hoping to not get a PSP RE situation.

No, but I played through it again and I enjoyed it more than anything else than released this year. :x
Well, I still replay spongebob on the GBA from time to time. My sister keeps on playing FF13 to tease me from time to time too (she completed it, I gave up around Cid Raines).
It releases anew everyday in Fish's heart.
RE PSP, and ZoE HD remaster for the vita are still releasing for me too.

I always thought it was more of a 'meme game' if that makes sense. The show was pretty bad, so.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good, good. Mega Man Legends 3 is also totally still coming for me.
Don't you diss my Hamtaro.
LOL
But seriously, I loved watching it when I was a kid. That and another anime where a kid has a talking toy car friend.

daydreaming
Have you guys read we might be getting the Grisaia trilogy on Vita next year?
Probably. But seeing Sekai project handle how the game "if my heart had wings" situation, along with the clannad kickstarter before, I'm not eagerly positive on it.

Shizuka

Do you mean, releasing an all-ages version? I'm fine with that, that is the only version that could possibly be released on other platforms.

I'll have to try it sometime if I come across a copy. Does it make you think in a puzzle-y way or more on an existential scale? :p

it's a very philosophical game. The hamsters represent the preconventional ethical minds of today's youth.
It makes you think because it kinda plays like a point and click adventure game. interact with stuff, get new stuff and try interacting with old stuff you couldn't interact with, etc.

Why is race to the sun so high up on the list? Is an ios game. Repetitive with ugly graphics. I mean I understand is your personal opinion but aren't you the guy that makes pointed reviews about games on this thread ? Maybe I'm mistaking. If you don't mind can you tell me why?

Could not tell you why but other than Rouge Legacy, Race to the Sun is the game I played the most on Vita. The list is really the amount I played of each game. Yeah it is repetitive and way too simple but I kept impulsively playing it every night. Objectively there are probably better games on that list. Why does one particular game stick with someone? I dunno but I would be pretty damn rich if I could figure it out. I would design the most addictive video games tailored to every individual and make a fortune.

Do you mean, releasing an all-ages version? I'm fine with that, that is the only version that could possibly be released on other platforms.
I'm not really a "no nudes=no buy" person and would buy a game to support localization but how it was handled (along with the clannad ports) are what's ringing an alarm in my head. Make no doubt, I'll still pledge for it, but for now I'll see the damage of the winter sale on my wallet.
I expect every IP to be in the mobile segment if it's from Japan. That's how depressing that market is.

daydream

Banned
it's a very philosophical game. The hamsters represent the preconventional ethical minds of today's youth.
It makes you think because it kinda plays like a point and click adventure game. interact with stuff, get new stuff and try interacting with old stuff you couldn't interact with, etc.

I've said this in the past but I really get weak when it comes to underrated licenced games.
Ordered a copy. >.>

Ultimate Betrayal would be such a better name.

Just reading the title, though, I thought it was a DR fighter for a second.

Hey so if I've never played Suikoden, can I just skip I and go straight for II? Looking for a travel gem for my vita and the internet seems indecisive.

edit: I ask that because I've heard II is better, but will I be completely lost?
I missed your comment D:
First off, you should visit the Suikoden II OT. It's very active and has a lot of very dedicated fans helping people out. Second, the first game will greatly accentuate your enjoyment of the 2nd. You don't have to play the first, but you should.

I've said this in the past but I really get weak when it comes to underrated licenced games.
Ordered a copy. >.>

You did a good thing. May the Hamsters spare you when the end times come.

autoduelist

I missed your comment D:
First off, you should visit the Suikoden II OT. It's very active and has a lot of very dedicated fans helping people out. Second, the first game will greatly accentuate your enjoyment of the 2nd. You don't have to play the first, but you should.

It's not like the second is on sale or anything... I agree, just pick up the first one and play it first. There's no reason to play them out of order.

Finally got around to clicking on the Grisaia Kickstarter.
I want the bedsheet. I think it's hilarious. Absolutely no clue what that character is like, but I want to have a naked anime girl bedsheet.

**Removed the image. Qualifies as NSFW.

Shizuka

I want to believe Bandai Namco will localize the Vita Digimon game. I mean, they're changing for the better, we're getting more Vita games now than we were last year and the year before that.

So we are dropping GOTY nominees here, these are my personal picks:

Vita:
- SAO Hollow Fragment (loved the crap out of it, spent countless hours on it, can't wait for Lost Song)
- Danganronpa 1 and 2 (both came on the same year, both were awesome, gimme moar)
- Freedom wars (I recognize its faults, but I had a blast, gameplay was very, very solid)

PS4:
- Transistor (beautiful visuals, superb soundtrack, great gameplay)
- Destiny (hate it all you want, when you are part of an actual clan it is just pure awesome, got almost 250hrs on it so far. 8hrs to do a blind fresh run of the new raid, had to have been the greatest social gaming experience I've had to date)
- Wolfenstein (never expected an FPS to have a great story. This one did)

PS3:
- Tales of Xillia 2 (loved the first, so I obviously loved this one as well)
- Dark Souls 2 (you died)
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (sequel to P4A, which takes place after the ending of P4, played it for the story mostly, but the controls are so simple and intuitive that even I, a person who sucks at fighters, enjoyed the game)

These are my nominees.
Subject to change LOL it's late and I'm half asleep

What are you even doing here, flandy?
Can I vote for transistor -- even though I didn't play it -- cause it's like a spiritual successor (of sorts) to bastion?

daxy

Was excited to try out Resogun on Vita. Then I got hit with a defective memory card out of the blue. Crashes my system. Won't even let me format it in safe mode.

Whelp. For as much as these things cost, this sure is messed up. My cheap SD cards are still holding up fine.

Flandy

Was excited to try out Resogun on Vita. Then I got hit with a defective memory card out of the blue. Crashes my system. Won't even let me format it in safe mode.

Whelp. For as much as these things cost, this sure is messed up. My cheap SD cards are still holding up fine.

You using a 64GB?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

You should try to ask sony r a replacement. It may still be under warranty.

Novocaine

Any good impressions on Switch Galaxy Ultra?

My top 10 this year

1- Dark Souls 2
2- Danganronpa 2
3- Binding of Isaac
4- Danganronpa
5- Soul Sacrifice Delta
6- Project Diva f
7- Project Diva f 2nd
8- Stick of Truth
9- Towerfall
10- Diablo 3

Are you using a 64gb card? The exact same thing happened to me.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I played Resogun a little, it looks and runs good, but i don't really like it, saving humans kills the fun for me, without it the game would have been an horizontal Stardust and that would have been good enough for me.

You guys are really scaring me with those defective 64GB cards.

Here's my top 10 for 2014:

1: Luftrausers: this game is really awesome. It's the one game that I keep coming back to.
2: Rogue Legacy: excellent roguelike game with a great soundtrack
3: Velocity 2X: looked forward to this for quite a while and Futurlab delivered a superb game.
4: Final Fantasy X HD: Nice to replay this classic on the Vita
5: Frozen Synapse Prime: Strategy game at its finest
6: Child of Light: a RPG that feels at home on the Vita
7: Gunslugs: enjoyable 2d shooter game for a very small price
8: Steamworld Dig: fun platforming game
9: Surge Delux: released early this year, but another gem from Futurlab
10: No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzles Either! - not a fan of the F2P mechanic, but if you buy the megapack it's a fun game. Monthly events were also a cool addition.

Haven't played TxK, OlliOlli, Minecraft, Resogun, Danganronpa (started a couple of days ago), BoI:R long enough to rank them.

2014 was a great year and since Cosmic Star Heroine is releasing in 2015, I can already tell that also will be a great year.

Disappointment of 2014:
Treasure of Montezuma Arena
I was expecting a good game, but it turned out really bad.

Same thing happened to me - 64gb card here

I have this crackpot theory that it has something to do with the firmware. I'm pretty sure the JP firmware is different from the other regions in some way and that somehow messes with the 64gb cards.

It's just a theory because I searched up the error code on JP forums, seems that it has a high failure rate with jp vita's as well.

Sony should address this issue, I mean paying 100 dollars for 64gb card that has a higher failure rate than normal SD cards is pretty messed up if you ask me.

Holy crap, Persona 4 Golden is finally getting a budget re-release in Japan (next February)

Perfect timing considering the Persona hype train is going at full speed.

I have this crackpot theory that it has something to do with the firmware. I'm pretty sure the JP firmware is different from the other regions in some way and that somehow messes with the 64gb cards.

It's just a theory because I searched up the error code on JP forums, seems that it has a high failure rate with jp vita's as well.

Sony should address this issue, I mean paying 100 dollars for 64gb card that has a higher failure rate than normal SD cards is pretty messed up if you ask me.

What's the exact error code?

I wouldn't be surprised if true, considering that there was that 32gB being incompatible some time ago.

VLiberty

Ordered Killzone new for 10€.

It will be my first* retail game on Vita, woo!

*actually second, he first one was PSASBR which came with the system but I managed to re-sell it in no time

Top Bottom