• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Producer

I think it will, but it'll be one of those cases where the Vita version will be delayed multiple times.

hmm maybe you're right, hope there is some solid info sooner or later. like i said in the thread someone should just set them up with Adam Boyes lol

Anyway "looks like a flash game" is just something ignorant people spout because they don't have the taste to appreciate 2D games, rarely has anything to actually do with flash or it's issues.

i like 2D games and art, but something about the artstyle of the game just reminded me of flash games i used to play, i dunno. The main mechanics didnt really click with me either. I just wasnt having too much fun and the ugly artstyle made me drop the game. Not a popular opinion but there you have it

Prelude.

I feel like a certain first party game is missing from the Vita list.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/18/votes-open-playstation-blog-game-of-the-year-awards-2014/

Hint:
baekshi, don't click.

564456w8pxr.jpg

Shinriji

I think it will, but it'll be one of those cases where the Vita version will be delayed multiple times.

Was kinda sad seeing that PC backers of Fault Milestone are already playing the game. I payed more for the vita version but I'm not seeing progress on that.

I feel like a certain first party game is missing from the Vita list.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/18/votes-open-playstation-blog-game-of-the-year-awards-2014/

Hint:
baekshi, don't click.

Put my votes in. I'll be honest I don't know what to expect anymore for these things in which players actually vote. A few years ago, one would look at these and say "everyone is going to vote for COD, or some other AAA game". Now I actually see a lot of RPG love, a lot of indie love, among others, genres are very diversified and everyone seems to be playing all kinds of games rather than just those so called "big titles". I'm looking forward to seeing the results in January.

Compared to this year, 2015 is looking a crazy ass year for gamers. Pretty much every month for the first half of the year I already have 1 or 2 titles that I want to play.

antibolo

Banned
Guilty Gear Xrd is reeeeeaaaally missing from the PS4 and PS3 lists. Definitely my PS4 GOTY so far, haven't cared much about anything else.

Oh and my PS3 GOTY is Project Diva F 2nd, also missing (but I'm less surprised about this one).

Vita GOTY definitely one of the Dangan Ronpas though. Too bad they are separate entries though cause that means they will most likely both lose due to getting split votes.

Question: Is it expected that the various VNs that come here will have the standard MSRP (60/40/whatever)? I know how much time they take, and that ain't cheap, but I feel like lowering the MSRP might be a good thing in the long run (60->45/40->30 or something).

Seems like they just don't have enough appeal unless it's something more classically exciting or game-y like DanganRonpa or Ace Attorney.

autoduelist

People really liked Velocity 2X eh?

It didn't click for me, felt like sort of like a flash game.

It's extremely good. Level design is aces, mechanics are aces. Once you play enough to go zen on it and accomplish things that seem impossible for mere humans to accomplish, you realize the game is an absolute gem. I've plat'd both the original and the sequel and can't wait for a 3rd to come out.

Chrono Trigger should be played at its best, so preferably on DS. Next best option would be the original on SNES. The PS port has long load times, even for simple things like opening the menu, which basically makes it unplayable for me.

For the record, there are plenty of people (like me) that find the ps1 version perfectly playable. I have played the SNES version too. The benefits of having it on my vita outweigh all other considerations for me.

My Vita 2014 shortlist

Binding of Isaac
TxK
Natural Doctrine - my favorite SRPG in ages.
Demon Gaze -- reignited my love for DRPGs
Velocity 2X
Freedom Wars -- was loving this but dropped it for BoI. Hope I still love it.

I'm probably forgetting stuff, this was all off the top of my head. There are also a pile of games in my backlog that could be added.

Biggest Disappointment
Danganronpa -- I let all the love here convince me I might like it, but alas, it's not for me (I've yet to find a VN I even start to enjoy).

SerTapTap

Glad to actually see stuff like BOI Rebirth and Velocity 2X in Sony's poll. Won't bother voting because some reheated AAA garbage will win.

VLiberty

I think I should be playing Flash games more then, I don't remember seeing one with controls and level design nearly as tight as Velocity 2X.

For real, if there are flash games with comparable level design, fresh mechanics and level of polishness then I want the names of those games

daydream

Banned
I voted for Luftrausers in all categories. #yolo

Anyway, I'm gonna make an effort to pick DR back up and beat it before the holidays. :p

baekshi

Banned
Put my votes in. I'll be honest I don't know what to expect anymore for these things in which players actually vote. A few years ago, one would look at these and say "everyone is going to vote for COD, or some other AAA game". Now I actually see a lot of RPG love, a lot of indie love, among others, genres are very diversified and everyone seems to be playing all kinds of games rather than just those so called "big titles". I'm looking forward to seeing the results in January.

Huh, nothing has changed. PS4/PS3 are still those "big aaa" games with one or 2 indie/small throwback titles.

The only reason you don't see it on Vita is because it doesn't have any of those titles. Instead of picking japanese titles(what's a ToHR? miku? SoulSacrificeDelta? DG? Toukiden?), they went with popular or exclusive western indies. The love for these titles and studios? lool yeah, sure. whatever you say. .

It's garbage list of choices. the Vita, PS3, PS3... all of it.

How do they even came up with this absolute garbage shit list?

Now I get why it wasn't nominated, despite being a Sony game. It's a shame, but not like I've played it yet.

It was forgotten. It always is. You think that was a reason why it wasn't there? Why do garbage like NBA, MLB fifa etc exist on there still?

Stop trying to find a reason to think otherwise. Do you see a Vita game on most anticipated ? There IS NOTHING LEFT.

The VITA is dead.

Huh, nothing has changed. PS4/PS3 are still those "big aaa" games with one or 2 indie/small throwback titles.

The only reason you don't see it on Vita is because it doesn't have any of those titles. Instead of picking japanese titles(what's a ToHR? miku? SoulSacrificeDelta? DG? Toukiden?), they went with popular or exclusive western indies. The love for these titles and studios? lool yeah, sure. whatever you say. .

It's garbage list of choices. the Vita, PS3, PS3... all of it.

How do they even came up with this absolute garbage shit list?

I'm just gonna come out and say they probably put up the games that sold the most up. There is an "other" option anyway, which means that you can write in as well.

SSD sold better than quite a few of those games.

On the vita list? I would love it if that was true but I don't know. I also saw a comment at the bottom from Cid saying something about re-releases not being in... Maybe they counted SSD as one of those, even though it did come with quite some more content. I really don't know.

EDIT: found it

Yeah….we ended up disqualifying re-releases that launched in a prior year on a PlayStation platform. Otherwise it’d be The Last of Us, GTAV, Minecraft, etc all winning for the second year in a row.

Shizuka

On the vita list? I would love it if that was true but I don't know. I also saw a comment at the bottom from Cid saying something about re-releases not being in... Maybe they counted SSD as one of those, even though it did come with quite some more content. I really don't know.

EDIT: found it

Game had a lot more ratings than DR2, that's for sure. Also, was SS nominated last year?

Top Bottom