• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Played some Playstation Mobile ports of Japanese phone games:

97KIJA7.jpg

Appli Archives JALECO City Connection
Probably the worst port of City Connection

RJ1zyns.jpg

Appli Archives NIKOLI Slitherlink
??

Cq5iu9O.jpg

Appli Archives Nippon Ichi Software Duologue
It's a RPG.

You can watch me try to figure these games out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaOGrOcBOjc

Not sure who wants untranslated Japanese mobile games from the early 2000s.

Shizuka

Played some Playstation Mobile ports of Japanese phone games:

97KIJA7.jpg

Appli Archives JALECO City Connection
Probably the worst port of City Connection

RJ1zyns.jpg

Appli Archives NIKOLI Slitherlink
??

Cq5iu9O.jpg

Appli Archives Nippon Ichi Software Duologue
It's a RPG.

You can watch me try to figure these games out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaOGrOcBOjc

There is always a crowd for any kind of game, as weird, old or niche they may be.

daydream

Banned
City Connection is an absolute classic that got ported to a whole bunch of platforms. Also, the original arcade version is on JP PSN (one of the Hamster ports). Not sure why anyone would go with an old phone version.

While we're on the subject, though, I would absolutely love a) either something like XBLA's Game Room (only with proper support) or b) classics collections like the ones done on PSP (by Sega, EA, Activision, Capcom, etc.) for Vita.

Takao

Banned
Appli and Arcade Archives are just cheap ways for Hamster to release the non-PS Archives/Virtual Console catalogue they purchased from defunct publishers.

weirder than naked big breasted animu girls cooking challenge?!?

most of vita's rhythm game library consists of uguu animu girls
it was only time until big boobs invaded

SerTapTap

I'd actually be fascinated if the Silent Hill mobile games ended up in this somehow, or from any series I like but was unaware of the weirdass mobile phone version. Glad these are preserved somehow.

I just tried Invokers tournament. Pretty fun but I totally suck at that game.

Oh and I saw my first Swedish Vita out in the open. The guy was playing Fifa on the metro and sadly I felt that I had nothing to say to him :|

daydream

Banned
I'd actually be fascinated if the Silent Hill mobile games ended up in this somehow, or from any series I like but was unaware of the weirdass mobile phone version. Glad these are preserved somehow.

I suppose I can appreciate it from that perspective. Matter of priority for me, seems like there'd be more pressing cases calling out preservation but then again, it probably took up next to no resources to churn those out.

Takao

Banned
square enix will remake before crisis exclusively for ios by reusing crisis core and dirge of cerberus assets
$39.99

nampad

So anyone here interested in an EU download code for the Megapack 1? Want to sell one.
The pack includes the following games:

-LBP Vita
-Wipeout 2048
-Motorstorm RC
-Little Deviants
-Frobisher Says + DLC
-Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PSP)
-The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus
-Lemmings (PS Mobile)
-Ecolibrium
-Hungry Giraffe

daydream

Banned
I think S-E at some point made a decision to bring entertainment to the masses not with video games but with a never-ending flow of parody material.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shinovi Versus and its sequel are two games on my Vita "wait for a sale" shortlist.

Tactics Ogre
Grim Fandango/Day of the Tentacle
P4G
Dragon's Crown

and a couple of other PSP games.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Aren't P4G and Dragon's Crown going on sale this or next week?

It's Atlus week, so probably. It has to be the right price, which I can only tell when I see it. I gotta give P4 another chance and Dragon's Crown is right up my alley.

Danganronpa 2 is another one. That price is 20 or less.

It's Atlus week, so probably. It has to be the right price, which I can only tell when I see it. I gotta give P4 another chance and Dragon's Crown is right up my alley.

Danganronpa 2 is another one. That price is 20 or less.

the AtlUSA facebook page has them both at about 20$. not exactly the steepest of price cuts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It was a sad sad moment when pretty much every game currently out for the Vita that I want went on sale in Europe in the span of three weeks about a month ago. It coincided with cheap PSN points at Target and I got some...but then none of the games have gone on sale here in the US.

I know they will eventually but waiting is so hard. I feel like I cursed the US Vita sales by buying the points as they've all sucked since then.

It was a sad sad moment when pretty much every game currently out for the Vita that I want went on sale in Europe in the span of three weeks about a month ago. It coincided with cheap PSN points at Target and I got some...but then none of the games have gone on sale here in the US.

I know they will eventually but waiting is so hard. I feel like I cursed the US Vita sales by buying the points as they've all sucked since then.

between you and flandy, we're completely boned.

Producer

doubt Shinovi Versus and Dekamori will get any sort of significant sale anytime soon. Xseed doesnt really discount their games quick unless they bomb extra hard.

doubt Shinovi Versus and Dekamori will get any sort of significant sale anytime soon. Xseed doesnt really discount their games quick unless they bomb extra hard.

They don't really discount their games at all, tbh. To be fair, it's not as if they're just being greedy. XSeed isn't exactly loaded.

Tizoc

Sometimes I dream the Vita could still take off and do well.

In Japan 3DS came out earlier and had Pokemon and MonHun to help it gain more ground there, if Sony got MonHun for PSVita, who knows it might've sold a lot there by now. As is I think the Vita's sold like 1/4 of what the total 3DS sales are in Japan.

most of vita's rhythm game library consists of uguu animu girls
it was only time until big boobs invaded

Man to hell with those moesluts and loliwhores, gimme my glam metal bishonen cloth burning rhythm game in english damnit!
318890c82641999a0b2459972413e5e11404161454_full.jpg

They don't really discount their games at all, tbh. To be fair, it's not as if they're just being greedy. XSeed isn't exactly loaded.

I wouldn't say that, this year I bought a couple of their games on sale digitally that had come out less than a year earlier. Not to mention some of their older games like Corpse Party.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
XSEED is by no means Atlus or Capcom when it comes to digital sales (not that Vita fans have experienced a ton of Capcom sales but they do it all the time on other platforms) but the games do go on sale. I expect Shinovi Versus to at least go on sale to promote the real main event, SK2, sometime in 2015.

I wouldn't say that, this year I bought a couple of their games on sale digitally that had come out less than a year earlier. Not to mention some of their older games like Corpse Party.

I'm curious to know which games, honestly. They seem very loathe to put any of their games up for sale (or at least sizable discounts) unless the game is pretty dated or widely known. Unfortunately those two criteria don't fit their catalog terribly well. They do, though, put their games up for sale occasionally, I exaggerated.

I'll reiterate that I don't blame them for this, though. It's not a complaint. They're short of money and I love the service they provide to us. Happy to pay the change.

Producer

I'm curious to know which games, honestly. They seem very loathe to put any of their games up for sale (or at least sizable discounts) unless the game is pretty dated or widely known. Unfortunately those two criteria don't fit their catalog terribly well. They do, though, put their games up for sale occasionally, I exaggerated.

I'll reiterate that I don't blame them for this, though. It's not a complaint. They're short of money and I love the service they provide to us. Happy to pay the change.

I've seen Celceta on sale once, on Golden Week i think? And now the standard price has dropped to $30.

I've seen RO:Ace on sale a few times. During Black Friday/Cyber Monday, they put a few of the PSP titles on sale at Amazon.

Corpse Party games also on sale every year around Holloween

VLiberty

So anyone here interested in an EU download code for the Megapack 1? Want to sell one.
The pack includes the following games:

-LBP Vita
-Wipeout 2048
-Motorstorm RC
-Little Deviants
-Frobisher Says + DLC
-Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PSP)
-The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus
-Lemmings (PS Mobile)
-Ecolibrium
-Hungry Giraffe

Lemmings is the PSP version (which should be a good thing for what I know)

You posted something about a German store/deal or something like that. Maybe I am thinking of someone else, too.

Can't remember, haha

edit: Oddworld's crash apparently happens in just one location, a fix is in the works:
http://www.oddworld.com/2014/12/munchs-oddysee-hd-vita-crash-spooceshrub-forest/

Omerta

So I thought Resogun broke everything on my vita... Turns out - no.

After the first download, it locked my vita up at install and I couldn't turn the vita off... I did a hard reset and tried to run the Resogun file but it kept locking up the vita in the same way. I deleted the file but I kept getting error messages randomly.

After reading the few accounts of people with 64gb cards encountering problems, I feared the worst but after another restart, other games were still working. I thought I'd give Resogun another crack... Re download and everything works.

Tl;dr - Resogun didn't break my 64gb card

Also, I prefer Resogun on vita to ps4. I know it's not as pretty, there are much less particle effects, it's got half the frames but its RESOGUN ON THE VITA FFS!

Top Bottom