• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

incpdo

Some questions to my Vitapals :

Resogun is out only for EU right? when does it come to US? how much is it?

I like Binding of Isaac very much , Does dont starve compare in any sense with this game, i might be interested in buying the giants edition on Vita. Is a game with replayability like Isaac? I never played that game but the rougelike and survival horror elements that suposely has had me intrigued.

incpdo

Yup, cross-buy!

Aye. Next week. Probably the same as the PS4 version ($15?), since it's cross-buy.

Yeah!!

For those interested , Curses n Chaos has a new vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2O_QDyS3W4

tumblr_inline_ng4qd41cgV1r2dlqv_thumb.png

The 12 deals of Christmas #10
PS4

FIFA 15 Deluxe Edition
Was €69.99/£59.99/$99.95, now €44.99/£39.99/$62.95

PS3

FIFA 15 Deluxe Edition
Was €69.99/£59.99/$99.95, now €29.99/£19.99/$39.95

PS Vita

FIFA 15
Was €39.99/£34.99/$54.95, now €19.99/£14.99/$24.95

bobawesome

I keep forgetting these threads were pushed over to community...

A question: to those of you who have experience with custom skins, which website is the best option?

I'm really only familiar with DecalGirl and I like how they show you a preview of what the skin might look like on your console or handheld (in this case the Vita).

I'm out of my comfort zone, but I have a quick question, is Playstation Plus still relevant for PS3-only owners (EU if that makes any difference)? Or are they just giving away junk and old games everybody played these days?

I'm out of my comfort zone, but I have a quick question, is Playstation Plus still relevant for PS3-only owners (EU if that makes any difference)? Or are they just giving away junk and old games everybody played these days?
This month PS3 PS+ got Deadly Premonition and Hitman Trilogy HD which is pretty good but I think it's mostly been cross-buy indies lately.

In my opinion no, the good days are over. Last couple of months were meager, this month was a little bit better, with Deadly Premonition and Hitman HD Trilogy. I wonder how long Sony is going to keep offering PS3 games, probably until June 2015, but after that?

I think we will still get a few worthwhile PS3 games in 2015 but if you play lot of games you may have already tried them. Your best bet if you are PS3 only might be to let the sub lapse and if a great month comes along you could get a three month sub and play those games plus dig into some others you have access to and either liked or didn't get around to. That way you don't lock yourself into a whole year.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Y'all gotta go vote for Danganronpa in the GAF GOTY thread. It barely has any representation so far, which makes me very sad.

(My WIP vote post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143894989&postcount=642)

BTW, last year Tearaway got the #9 position, so yes, it is possible for a Vita-exclusive game to reach the Top 10. Don't give up hope.
No thanks. I don't care enough about what GAF gives GOTY to vote. My own opinion is the only one that matters. A Vita game is my GOTY, but not a Vita exclusive. Danganronpa might just about make my top 5 though.

Shizuka

My GOTY 2014 Top 10 List:

1. Demon Gaze (Vita): the first Experience DRPG to get localized, it was a joy from the first second to the last. Worth buying a limited edition and digital copy for.
2. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita): my favorite Danganronpa game, the plot is unbeatable and the cast still lingers in my mind. Syo best girl.
3. Mind Zero (Vita): crazy as it may be, I enjoyed every single second of all 78 hours I spent playing this game. It's another DRPG, worth it for me.
4. Child of Light (Vita): one of the best RPGs I've played, it's a shame it's too short.
5. Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (3DS): worth it for the Persona fanservice, although the gameplay is nothing to sneeze at.
6. Project Diva f (Vita): great rhythm game, loved every single song.
7. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Vita): way better than Burst, it's a fun musou-like game.
8. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita): while THH is still my favorite, GD was a great game on its own.
9. Murasaki Baby (Vita): it's short, but it's sweet. One of the most overlooked Vita games.
10. Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (Vita): fun, fun, fun. Playing as Kurisu was even better.

I've read the rules from that topic, but I think some of the games I've listed are ineligible, like PBBG and PDf. Is that list okay?

antibolo

Banned
No thanks. I don't care enough about what GAF gives GOTY to vote. My own opinion is the only one that matters. A Vita game is my GOTY, but not a Vita exclusive. Danganronpa might just about make my top 5 though.

We don't care that you don't care.

I've read the rules from that topic, but I think some of the games I've listed are ineligible, like PBBG and PDf. Is that list okay?

Why would you think they would not be ineligible, anything that was released somewhere in 2014 is allowed. There is an official list in the OP if you need to confirm.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
We don't care that you don't care.

Why would you think they would not be ineligible, anything that was released somewhere in 2014 is allowed. There is an official list in the OP if you need to confirm.
That's nice. You care enough to respond though.

Yes I'm aware of the irony

Tizoc

Here's my quickie list:
#1 Strider 2014
#2 Freedom Planet
#3 DanganRonpa 2
#4 Velocity 2X
#5 Prof. Layton vs. AA
#6 SMT4
#7 Silent Age
#8 No heroes allowed! No puzzles either!
#9 Wolfenstein TNO
#10 ME: Shadow of Mordor

Shizuka

Here's my quickie list:
#1 Strider 2014
#2 Freedom Planet
#3 DanganRonpa 2
#4 Velocity 2X
#5 Prof. Layton vs. AA
#6 SMT4
#7 Silent Age
#8 No heroes allowed! No puzzles either!
#9 Wolfenstein TNO
#10 ME: Shadow of Mordor

Shame Brandish didn't come out in 2014 to be in our lists.

Tapejara

I only listed five games in my GOTY post and unfortunately only one of them was a Vita game (Rogue Legacy). I wanted to limit my list to five games, so unfortunately Danganronpa only made honorable mention. And even then, I barely finished any games this year.

I picked up the following Vita games this year:

Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Demon Gaze
Freedom Wars
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth1
LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey
Monster Monpiece
Murasaki Baby.
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
Soul Sacrifice Delta
The Wolf Among Us.

Of those I've only finished DR1, the Lego game and Murasaki Baby. I started Akiba's Trip, DR2, Demon Gaze, Monpiece and SK, but I barely made any progress in either of them (with the exception of Monpiece, which I stopped playing because holy fuck that story is terrible). Everything else is either sitting on my shelf or memory card unplayed. I'm going to take another shot at Danganronpa 2 and Shinovi Versus, hopefully finishing them before the year's over.

Overall my list isn't what I wanted it to be, especially because Vita wasn't the only platform I neglected.

I've been meaning to play the PC version for a few months. There is a topic requesting the localization for this game over at Aksys Forums (guess who made the topic).

I just can't bring myself to play PC games anymore. It's just so much easier to open up games on my handhelds. That's mainly why I prefer indies on Vita.

Top Bottom