• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Takao

Banned
Unless you're a fan of otome visual novels, PSP's final semi-notable original release has been dated. Konami will launch Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Tag Force Special on January 22, 2015. Unfortunately, there's no way to import this as it's a PSN exclusive.

rip in peace superior handheld

bobohoro

I really want to get started on VLR, but I haven't finished 999 yet (got about 2/3 the endings). I have the DS and iOS versions, and was wondering if it's ok to go through the iOS version and skip the puzzles since I've done most of them before and just want the story. What do you guys think?

The grand finale of the true ending has a pretty clever gameplay implementation that is important to the plot and will certainly enhance the impact of the scene. I don't know if that's intact in the IOS version, but since they seem to have removed any gameplay requiring player inputs and stuff, I guess not.

SerTapTap

Best Buy has a bunch of old Vita games for $5, most are the near-launch shovelware and meh launch window titles, but there's Wipeout2048 in the mix too and Gravity Rush is still $15. I'm buying a few physical copies just because I'm an awful hoarder

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Best Buy has a bunch of old Vita games for $5, most are the near-launch shovelware and meh launch window titles, but there's Wipeout2048 in the mix too and Gravity Rush is still $15. I'm buying a few physical copies just because I'm an awful hoarder

Why separate out Wipeout 2048 and Gravity Rush? You already mentioned near-launch shovelware and meh launch window titles.

I don't know what's wrong with my PS4, I tried to chose option 5 to rebuild the Database but it just shutdown, tried to to update but an error happens, and initializing will delete everything.
Is my PS4 done for?

Hmm. I really don't know what to do in this case. You're gonna have to call support.

The grand finale of the true ending has a pretty clever gameplay implementation that is important to the plot and will certainly enhance the impact of the scene. I don't know if that's intact in the IOS version, but since they seem to have removed any gameplay requiring player inputs and stuff, I guess not.

Well, I still have my DS save. Since I only need the Safe ending, it shouldn't take too long to get to True ending. I think I'll go through the iOS version from the start and get one ending (just to experience the story again), then switch to my DS.

Producer

Well, I still have my DS save. Since I only need the Safe ending, it shouldn't take too long to get to True ending. I think I'll go through the iOS version from the start and get one ending (just to experience the story again), then switch to my DS.

i think that is the best option. Since you still have your save you can quickly skip all text you have already read. And if you forgot one of the puzzles you can always look up guides, there are spoiler free guides online if you want to do that. Otherwise doing your Safe and True end routes shouldnt take too long

Why separate out Wipeout 2048 and Gravity Rush? You already mentioned near-launch shovelware and meh launch window titles.

DeanConfused.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nothing is intact in the iOS version of 999. It's turned into a pure VN which ruins the experience.

Part of the reason I like the Zero Escape series so much is that it is not a pure VN.

VLiberty

haha damn, coldblooded. not that i disagree

I don't even know what to say :S

Unless you're a fan of otome visual novels, PSP's final semi-notable original release has been dated. Konami will launch Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Tag Force Special on January 22, 2015. Unfortunately, there's no way to import this as it's a PSN exclusive.

rip in peace superior handheld

mgs3salute.jpg

autoduelist

Not going to give my password to strangers for a couple bucks.

No sane gamesharer does. I don't gameshare anymore (it's been years) but the standard method nowadays is to create a new account just for the game(s) in question. Back in the heyday, you had groups of 5 that shared a single buying account (separate from your main) for months/years, though that's not as common nowadays.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No sane gamesharer does. I don't gameshare anymore (it's been years) but the standard method nowadays is to create a new account just for the game(s) in question. Back in the heyday, you had groups of 5 that shared a single buying account (separate from your main) for months/years, though that's not as common nowadays.

This is exactly what you do. + have a feedback system and list

Huh. Looks really cool. Is there a demo of this one?

Also, I've gotta say a big thanks for doing these little quick impressions, Fried. That's a lot of time and money spent.

Thanks. Yeah I feel "B" games don't get any coverage anymore. The big sites are nothing but AAA games now and there are niche sites specializing in very Japanese games and arty indie games but nothing for stuff like this. You won't find a review of Monopoly Deal anywhere.

Yeah got a lot of time to game because work is slow now but I don't think this will last very long.

It's a good way to remind myself about the story.

I never bought it or anything but I hear good things of it. I mean I still think the best way to experience the story is through a DS/3DS for a good reason, but for those who don't own the system, such as a Vita owner for example that wants to experience the story before he/she goes into VLR, then absolutely. Or like Shiz said, as a quick reminder of the story without having to do the puzzles.

Yasumi

Banned
Man, this thread's moving slow tonight. Posting my game of the year selections.

Going to toss in a few things I've imported.

1. Danganronpa 2 ; Sequel to the original, with a similar premise but totally different execution (heh). Interesting characters, engaging murder mysteries, and Komaeda. Wonderful all around.

2. htoL#NiQ Hotaru no Nikki ; A rather hard puzzle game that involves guiding a small girl with horns around dilapidated environments using two fireflies. Upon finishing it, I was left wanting more. Not because it was short, but because the world and its mysteries were so intriguing.

3. Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 1 ; A total remake of the original Neptunia, using Nep V's engine. I'd never played the original, and am only a few chapters into V, but this one really clicked with me for some reason. Addictive Plan crafting, a decently fun battle system, and a lighthearted story that never takes itself too seriously. <3 Nep.

4. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc ; The first Danganronpa, which launched the whole crazy Ace Attorney + Battle Royale premise.

5. Drakengard 3 ; This placement brought to you by Yoko Taro. He owns my soul. While the game was certainly flawed, I appreciated the philosophy behind the game's existence.

6. Steins Gate ; Avoided the mid-title semicolon, just in case. A incredibly emotional journey about black holes, time travel, and gelified bananas. With the PS3 and Vita versions coming next year, hopefully more people will have the opportunity to experience this classic.

7. Danganronpa: Another Episode ; An action game spinoff to the previous two DR games. You shoot words at robot bears using a hacking megaphone. The Monoc-man puzzles are a lot of fun, and the story's very solid and inline with the rest of the series. I'd rank it higher if my Japanese reading was stronger, but them kanjis man. Luckily most of the story-relevant dialog was spoken.

8. Yumi's Odd Odyssey ; A sadistic old-school platformer that requires you to make use of physics by attaching your fishing rod to objects and swinging your way around the levels. The satisfaction of finally beating a level after literally 200+ attempts was like nothing else. Not many people played it, and that makes me sad.

9. Soul Sacrifice Delta ; An upgrade to the original Soul Sacrifice that added so much that it was pretty much a sequel. The atmosphere of reading the demonic fleshbound book, physically turning the pages, while listening to the ethereal soundtrack is something else. The gameplay's also much more refined, with several different spell combos you can perform. Aesthetically, there's just nothing else in the gaming world that even close to Soul Sacrifice.

10. Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland ; A super sweet RPG about a young girl trying to run an Atelier alchemy shop. The actual alchemy mechanics are literally some of the best in gaming. It's mostly the cozy, relaxed atmosphere that wins my love in the Atelier series.

Honorable Mentions
x. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus ; I already played it last year, but the localization came out recently. It's still just as good.

x. Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed ; Same as Shinovi Versus. XSeed did a wonderful job with the script.

Shizuka

I never bought it or anything but I hear good things of it. I mean I still think the best way to experience the story is through a DS/3DS for a good reason, but for those who don't own the system, such as a Vita owner for example that wants to experience the story before he/she goes into VLR, then absolutely. Or like Shiz said, as a quick reminder of the story without having to do the puzzles.

It's been on sale for a dollar twice, it's a great purchase for all ZE fans, specially those wanting ZE3 to happen.

Producer

i think ZE3 will happen. The director/writer of the series hasnt done much aside from a Steins;Gate spinoff and he recently said S.C are working on multiple games, one of them could be it.

Also the writer for Dangan said they're working on a title thats a 'huge surprise'.

Prelude.

i think ZE3 will happen. The director/writer of the series hasnt done much aside from a Steins;Gate spinoff and he recently said S.C are working on multiple games, one of them could be it.

Also the writer for Dangan said they're working on a title thats a 'huge surprise'.

I read this like 3 times before realzing it was ZE3 and not ZoE3.
It's probably dead though. I can see it happen only as a cheapo Kickstarter thingy.

Thanks. Yeah I feel "B" games don't get any coverage anymore. The big sites are nothing but AAA games now and there are niche sites specializing in very Japanese games and arty indie games but nothing for stuff like this. You won't find a review of Monopoly Deal anywhere.

Yeah got a lot of time to game because work is slow now but I don't think this will last very long.
Haven't been following the thread long enough to see very many. What are 3 or 4 of your fave B or hidden gem games on PSN lately?

Reule

Could any of you help me? I verified my e-mail account recently because apparently it needed to be verified again. Next day I receive an e-mail saying that my PS Plus Subscription has Automatic Renewal set to On. I always use cards and turn Automatic Renewal off right away.

"Thank you for being a loyal subscriber. We wanted to remind you that your subscription for PS Plus: 3 Month Membership is set to renew automatically on your next renewal date: Jan 29, 2015. If you hold a master account and this email is addressed to your sub account, this email is being sent to you to notify you of status of your sub account's subscription. " Etc.

Thing is, it's not on. I don't have a sub account either. What gives?

Only game I have a complete set is Etrian Odyssey (five games total). I wish I had more, but most games I like don't go very far.
My collector OCD goes mental when I don't have all the games in a series. The fact that I have Suikoden III makes me need IV and V.
I had the Xenosaga and almost complete dot Hack series.

*ugh*

The memories. I don't even have them anymore.
I've got Xeno 1, working on the other two, but they're low priority.
the dot Hack series is ridiculously expensive now. Full set of 7 is like 400$+ (Keep in mind the average price of most "good" PS2 games is like 25$)

Yasumi

Banned
I had the Xenosaga and almost complete dot Hack series.

*ugh*

The memories. I don't even have them anymore.
Oh geez, what I wouldn't give to complete .hack. I have literally every other game except Fragment, Infection, Mutation, and Outbreak.

Oh geez, what I wouldn't give to complete .hack. I have literally every other game except Fragment, Infection, Mutation, and Outbreak.

You have all the really expensive ones, then. Shouldn't be too bad. the GU series and Quarantine are the real bank breakers.

Benedict

Finally took me time to finish Jacob Jones episode 1. Did not go after all trophies.
I guess we'll never see episode 2 on Vita?
Otherwise I recommend the game, very charming and relaxing puzzle adventure game.

Tizoc

NFS: Most Wanted Vita doesn't have DLC it seems. I'll get a retail copy cuz I sure as heck ain't wastin' 2 GB for it :p

Tizoc

You didn't get it for free from EA?

I did, I just don't want it to take up 2 GB on my Vita :p
Case in point: I got a copy of Ys Celceta from amazon to save up 800 MB on my Vita.
I got 4 GB space free atm, just in time for Grim Fandango and Brandish~

Benedict

Yasumi

Banned
Are we expecting any announcements out of Jump Festa? Hoping for something new from NamcoBandai today.
You have all the really expensive ones, then. Shouldn't be too bad. the GU series and Quarantine are the real bank breakers.
Awesome, I may actually finish my collection then. Thought 3 was supposed to be one of the rarer ones, though I haven't really checked the series availability in a while.

Top Bottom