• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

is the Banana curse getting to you

That's his punishment for being a Miku shill LOL
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Well I'm glad Namco Bandai does not leave the Vita versions behind Japan now, considering what happened to the Dynasty warriors gundam + one piece warriors this year.

ZeroAKA

How this makes it over and Digimon doesn't is beyond me. Sigh... Good for those who enjoy the series featured in the game I guess. Never been much of a "shonen" anime fan, so I'll have to pass.
The gameplay isn't that great either. It was just interesting to see those Jump characters in a game together.

ZeroAKA

Maybe a God Eater 2 Rage Burst localization would have been announced by now if I had bought GE2 in Japan like I was originally planning to. >.>"

Usually, I lose faith six months to a year after the japanese release, so it's too soon for me to lose hope, specially seeing this new Namco taking over our wallets with SAO and Tales.

SAO happened due to Asia, Tales partly (?) due to Shahid's #jrpgvita campaign. It's okay just expect the worst, and hope for the best for those two.

Shizuka

SAO happened due to Asia, Tales partly (?) due to Shahid's #jrpgvita campaign. It's okay just expect the worst, and hope for the best for those two.

Still, the old Namco wouldn't have lifted a finger. They did just that for years and years. This new Namco even brought us PXZ and Ni No Kuni, look at that.

Christian

Wow, Pirate Warriors 3 is coming over for Vita, as well? WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO NAMDAI?? Glad I bit the bullet and imported the second one.

Why is everyone so eager for a Digimon game?

Still, the old Namco wouldn't have lifted a finger. They did just that for years and years. This new Namco even brought us PXZ and Ni No Kuni, look at that.

I'm hoping this new Namco actually continues this trend they do now. While there's no chance of Super Robot Wars crossing the pond (Macross and all those licenses), and some niche anime VNs, other notable IPs could still have a chance to leave Japan.

incpdo

So Minecraft Vita is having an update ? OMG , im interested now.
2014-12-20-205814-700x397.jpg

VLiberty

Really well! Very solid framerate, looks like native res (not 100% sure, but the image quality is nice). It definitely shows its age in the graphics, but it's from 2001. I don't think anyone is going to pick it up for the purpose of being wowed by its looks. My only complaint aside from the crashing is the audio. There are some sound effects that are way louder than everything else in the game, even though I turned the effects volume to soft. The sound of a Mudokon scratching itself can completely drown out dialogue, for instance. I also have to turn down the volume on my Vita when I open the Start menu, because the sound of changing tabs in it is way louder than the in-game audio.

Oddworld Inhabitants sent me a DM on Twitter with a link to a post they made regarding an update. Sure enough, that's a screenshot of the spot where it crashes for me. I can't DM them back, but now that I know they're reading the thread I'll post what other details I can: I'm playing it with patch 1.01 installed. Using a 64GB card on a Vita 1000, the wifi-only model.

I'm very impressed with how quick they were to acknowledge the issue and make a statement about it. I especially appreciate someone taking the time to find a way to contact and address me personally. Lots of respect for OI and JAW. I'm confident they'll provide a fix.
Completely missed this post. Thanks! According to that link, the patch should be out very soonif not already out in USA, while Europe will get it in early january

edit:
broken? how so? the game itself is broken? i can purchase it from the web store now. Switch galaxy ultra is coming on the next PSN update.

^

bobawesome

Tried my hand at another "Congratulations, you got a PS Vita!" gif because I'm tired and clearly have no better way to spend my time.

sojZJWF.gif

nampad

So which of the Lego games for the Vita are actually good? Am interested in some of them, especially the newer ones.
Does someone also know if the Ipad Lego games are based on the 3DS/Vita version of the games?

redcrayon

Quick Vita question, I want to download a game I already own as a cart, so I have the option of playing it whenever I want (Ys MoC).

What happens to the installed file that the cart placed on the system when I download the full version? Does it overwrite it, leave my saves intact, explode etc.

Cheers

incpdo

So which of the Lego games for the Vita are actually good? Am interested in some of them, especially the newer ones.
Does someone also know if the Ipad Lego games are based on the 3DS/Vita version of the games?

Lego Batman 2 and Lego Marvel SuperHeroes are the best. But take into account the games are better versions of the 3ds games , they are not 3d games like in Ps3 for example.

Xenoflare

Considering the amount of voiced dialogues this will never see the light outside of it's home turf.

But man, this is the forth edition for a 2004 game.

PC-PSP-PS3-Vita.

I have fond memories for the trilogy though, don't get me wrong.

I decides to drop the franchise since the plot is basically a rabbit hole and I remember I really disliked the character designs for Zero and onward.

Edit: Speaking of Falcom, I really hope they port Xanadu Next or Ys: Origins to the Vita, both games are fun and light on the text and dialogues.

ironmang

Is there anything else like Everyday Shooter, Sound Shapes, or Lumines on PSN for Vita? Love these musically driven games.

Already have djmax but not really looking for more guitar hero type games.

Tizoc

It's the same game though isn't it? Unless it can get some retail release in the west, the PSP ver. is good enough as is.
Now Shiren the Wanderer is coming to Vita too? So many announcements..

Where'd you hear that?

Is there anything else like Everyday Shooter, Sound Shapes, or Lumines on PSN for Vita? Love these musically driven games.

lumines-electronic-symphony-psv-boxart.jpg

Xenoflare

At the rate these announcements are going, 2015 is looking to be a bigger year for the Vita than 2014 was. Damn o__o

I am actually very, very excited for Bastion, since I don't have a capable PC running it (yes you read that right) and my 360 is pretty much sealed away.

I just hope that we'll get more physical JRPGs for the west. That's all I ask for.

VLiberty

I'm not sure as I don't own it, but maybe Hohokum? Not sure though

Top Bottom