• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Are we expecting any announcements out of Jump Festa? Hoping for something new from NamcoBandai today.

Awesome, I may actually finish my collection then. Thought 3 was supposed to be one of the rarer ones, though I haven't really checked the series availability in a while.

If you are lucky you might find G.U. at GameStop on the cheap. I was able to get the last two G.U. for $40. I think Quarantine cost me about $100 two years ago.

Yasumi

Banned
If you are lucky you might find G.U. at GameStop on the cheap. I was able to get the last two G.U. for $40. I think Quarantine cost me about $100 two years ago.
Already got all of G.U., //LINK, //Versus, and have Guilty Dragon on my ipod. I was *incredibly* lucky with Quarantine, which I grabbed from my local Blockbuster for $20 when it was closing years ago. The box was a little busted, but the cover art and discs were totally fine.

Don't wanna make a thread, so I'll just ask it here.

Does Amazon automatically refund you the "Import Deposit" fee?
My country has no customs tax on imported books (not even VAT).

Ephidel

They've always refunded me when the value was "overestimated", but they've only ever charged me the fee for items where it was applicable (so for books they've never even tried to charge me a fee, only for games or dvds).

They've always refunded me when the value was "overestimated", but they've only ever charged me the fee for items where it was applicable (so for books they've never even tried to charge me a fee, only for games or dvds).

They just don't charge you or they don't appear at all?

I'm importing from Amazon JP (to a SEA country), since the other options cost about as much as Amazon+Import Deposit anyways or don't have a good shipping option.

I am surprised about the Import Deposit Fee, which from what I understand is completely for customs duties and taxes, since "book import duties & taxes" in my country have been revoked two years ago.

As an additional concern, the customs here is as effing corrupt as heck.

LMN

I have a question concerning Vita acc. If I completely format my memory card without backing up any data, will my online pass (e.g SSD) gone forever, or is it tied to my acc, so it'll be there as long as my psn acc exist?

I have a question concerning Vita acc. If I completely format my memory card without backing up any data, will my online pass (e.g SSD) gone forever, or is it tied to my acc, so it'll be there as long as my psn acc exist?

Tied to your account AFAIK.

Only game I have with online pass (that isn't from PS+) is Senran Kagura.

Ephidel

They just don't charge you or they don't appear at all?

I'm importing from Amazon JP (to a SEA country), since the other options cost about as much as Amazon+Import Deposit anyways or don't have a good shipping option.

I am surprised about the Import Deposit Fee, which from what I understand is completely for customs duties and taxes, since "book import duties & taxes" in my country have been revoked two years ago.

As an additional concern, the customs here is as effing corrupt as heck.
Well my experience is buying from Amazon US and shipping to the UK (I haven't actually imported using Amazon.jp yet). For me if an item isn't taxable the whole "Import Fees Deposit" section doesn't appear at all, so that's the case for books. And, I would imagine, should have been the case for whatever you're ordering.

As an example, I bought Legion of Super-Heroes Archives Vol.13 from them. No import fees came up while paying, and on the order information (breakdown uploaded here) for that no import charges were ever listed and the import fees section isn't there.
On the other hand, if the item I purchased was a game like Toukiden (charged in GBP, breakdown uploaded here) or SMTIV (charged in USD, breakdown uploaded here) then it shows the "Import Fees Deposit" section. I'll admit that I have no idea why the "estimated tax" box for those is empty because that's obviously what the import fees deposit is there to cover, but it is still there, at least. They also show the refunds I got when the actual import fees were lesser than their estimate (I admit, for Toukiden's in particular I did wonder why they bothered).

antibolo

Banned

Online pass is just ordinary DLC and works with the same rules as any DLC

incpdo

What should i buy?

Next week ill spend 33 dollars in something that could be:

a}Resogun Vita and Switch Galaxy Ultra

b}Resogun Vita and Rock Boshers DX HD plus Munch's Odyssey

Shizuka

What should i buy?

Next week ill spend 33 dollars in something that could be:

a}Resogun Vita and Switch Galaxy Ultra

b}Resogun Vita and Rock Boshers DX HD plus Munch's Odyssey

Munch's Odyssey is broken ATM, but I don't know how Switch Galaxy Ultra is, though.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is amazing on remote play. I think it controls really well. Fuck these quick time events though. On the Vita screen I've found some of them a little hard to see at times. What does that say? Oh R3. Too late, dead. Lets try that again. It's kind of annoying.

Shizuka

I'm thinking of trading my Danganronpa Vita-2000 for a new Lime Green Vita-2000 plus half of a PS4 with my boyfriend. What do you guys think?

Shizuka

The Drop is up:

New PlayStation Games This Week

Broken Sword 5 The Serpent’s Curse: Episode 2
PS Vita — Digital
Paris in the spring. Shots ring out from a gallery. A deadly conspiracy, and the conclusion to a classic Broken Sword adventure. Playing as intrepid American George Stobbart and French journalist Nico Collard, you find yourself on the trail of a stolen painting — and a murderous conspiracy.

Fieldrunners 2
PS Vita — Digital
Strategic-Action-Puzzle-Defense has never been this fun and addicting! Defend your world from the invasion by building winding paths out of imaginative, new weapons. Over 20 new levels span the grassiest fields, driest deserts, sparkling cities, and even an infernal volcano lair. Are you ready to stop the Fieldrunners once and for all?

Resogun
PS3, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Unleash a diverse array of devastating weapons including lasers, missiles, overdrive, and nova-bombs to blast hordes of enemies and rescue the last survivors from distant galactic colonies that are under ruthless attack from an evil alien invasion force.

Shake Spears!
PS3 — Digital
Shake Spears is a game of glory, honor, and fame! Become a valiant knight and enter tournaments to compete for the heart of a beautiful lady. Travel through four worlds of wonder, win battles in 20 cities, and beat challenging bosses in this epic game. It’s time to become a hero for the ages.

Switch Galaxy Ultra
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Welcome to the fastest gaming experience on PlayStation that’s loaded with content and features that will have you blazing across the galaxy at breakneck speeds. Weave your way past obstacles and enemies as you travel across the galaxy. Earn credits to spend on new ships and upgrades, hit speed-ups, and collect power-ups to get record times and take part in 2 exciting online multiplayer modes.

Trine Enchanted Edition
PS4 — Digital
Trine Enchanted Edition is the origin story for the three unlikely heroes of Trine — Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief. Spellbound by the magical object Trine, the heroes must join forces to overcome obstacles and puzzles in a fully interactive, physics-based world, battle the undead and their minions, and restore balance to the kingdom!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Hey, guys. When did Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for PS4 come out? It was listed in two PlayStation Store Updates -- once on 2 September 2014 and another time on 30 September 2014. Did they release it and pull it? Or what...?

Edit: Droppings are mostly stinky. I expect Fieldrunners 2 to be overpriced. :(

Ephidel

Hey, guys. When did Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for PS4 come out? It was listed in two PlayStation Store Updates -- once on 2 September 2014 and another time on 30 September 2014. Did they release it and pull it? Or what...?

When they're double listed it normally means it had some bonus content or dlc bundled in for the first four weeks, then was "re-released" as the game on its own.

Takao

Banned

Koei Tecmo does early bird DLC bundles on a lot of their games. Once that time limit is up the original DLC bundle gets removed and replaced with the base game at the same price.

jvm

Gamasutra.
When they're double listed it normally means it had some bonus content or dlc bundled in for the first four weeks, then was "re-released" as the game on its own.

Koei Tecmo does early bird DLC bundles on a lot of their games. Once that time limit is up the original DLC bundle gets removed and replaced with the base game at the same price.
Excellent. Thanks a ton.

This has an unfortunate side-effect on Sony's blog posts: The link for the first release is a dead link after the new version releases. Boo.

Also, going to All Games -> PS4 -> sort by Release Date, and I'm not finding LBP3. Will check again.

Haven't been following the thread long enough to see very many. What are 3 or 4 of your fave B or hidden gem games on PSN lately?

I think Geometry Wars 3 has not been getting enough buzz for how good it is and Loadout is pretty awesome especially free to play.

I think another problem is that the PS4 store front really hides games especially if they aren't big enough to get a banner.

So hyped for Switch Galaxy Ultra it is going to be awesome!

autoduelist

I'll go ahead and chime in with my usual plug for Crimsonland. Great proxy for Robotron: 2084 refugees.

Seconded. The game got ripped at release because it's graphics led some to call it shit/garbage/whatever, but it's got some extremely refined and altogether superb dual stick shooter gameplay. Highly recommended.

SerTapTap

One of my DS4's sticks is feeling "slippery", even compared to it's own right stick, is this the dreaded rubber issue? I guess it's probably out of warranty now? I have no idea which one it is, I have 3 black DS4s, 2 from launch one from more recently. If I give them my serial number can they tell me if it's in warranty?

Shizuka

I don't think I would part with the Danganronpa Vita.

I didn't think I would, but it's been in the box ever since I bought it.

No. Absolutely not.
But do it if makes you feel better and it's something you want =/

I want to use it, but being a limited edition Vita, I can't bear to even hold it.

Better plan: Give me the Danganronpa Vita.

Are you giving me another Vita and half a PS4?

Phototropic

Neo Member
I didn't think I would, but it's been in the box ever since I bought it.

I want to use it, but being a limited edition Vita, I can't bear to even hold it.
Ah, that changes things a little for me. In that case I would consider the swap if you plan to use the new Vita a bit.

nampad

With the Vita firesale in Germany going on right now I got a second one. I also got my brother to get one and my nephew will get one for his birthday next month.
I hope I did good VitaGAF.
A good friend of mine didn't jump although he said months ago he wanted one. He now wants to get a 3DS but looking at the deal going on in Germany right now I think it is crazy not to jump. The 3DS is much more expensive over here.

Pretty crazy that Mediamarkt.de is still selling bundles though. There must be a lot of shelved Vitas or they still don't sell at €99 with 8 GB memory card and up to 10 games, which would be quite sad.

Top Bottom