• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

incpdo

Cool. I might slowly ease myself into this thread then.

Yeah, I'm pretty used to the vita getting treated as such, so I'm fine with it.

you should, we are some vita warriors down, its always good to greet new ones , even if you are a PSN warrior in general and not specifically vita.

OMFG: its been a looong time since i got a first in the page so here we go:

Get Resogun! for those that dont know Get Soul Sacrifice Delta (in your honor baekshi). Letts fight to get Gravity Rush 2 too! someone should make a petition already haha

bobawesome

I'm passing on a message from Shizuka:

He went down with that tame post and if he comes back one day, it'll be for the PSN/Vita thread and OTs only. He hope it's not permanent, because VitaGAF welcomed him with open arms and he's truly thankful for everyone that's part of the community.

Oh, Imouto (DSveno) is on the NISA forums as well. I didn't know that.

You can get banned for Senran Kagura screenshots. lol.

Criminal Girls "discussion" is banned because it devolves faster than the speed of light. It doesn't help that the whole gamergate/whatever gained prominence.

Seriously?

Exactly my intentions.

Thanks! I went in looking for a standard copy and saw that sitting on the shelf and couldn't resist it.
oC6sl3w.png

The SK LE is really one of the best LE's to have been released this year alongside the Danganronpa LE's.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Merry christmas too toriyama!
baekshi
Mass_pincup
Shizuka
nampad
Sgt. Cobra
``````````````````````````````
We don't have any new info about IA/VT colorful. Shame
Awwwww damn. That's actually a lot. What is this thing that happened to Imouto?
Suppadoopa va serah farron in the ff13-2 ot was pretty hype
Did I heard somehow say something about Laura Bailey?

Agreed. You got A LOT for that extra $10. The hefty artbook, the substantial OST, not to mention all dat life and hometown... Was so pleased to have gotten the LE.

I missed out on that one, and from the looks of it, it's super expensive now.

SK:SV's LE is really great, especially for the price. Shallie's LE will have it beat next year though.

I'm glad others enjoyed the LE, the art book is top tier, I wish the Persona Q artbook that was in the 80 dollar LE could have matched SK's art book quality.

Mr. Desu

I'm glad others enjoyed the LE, the art book is top tier, I wish the Persona Q artbook that was in the 80 dollar LE could have matched SK's art book quality.

Considering it was only ten bucks more than buying it digitally? Hell yeah! I think the only thing I ended up liking more for that price this year was Bravely Default... But man, there are a lot of pages for that SK.

S1kkZ

so, i got a vita and a few questions:

- ridge racer ultimate edition is currently on sale for 6 bucks in europe. i know the vanilla game was a fucking rip-off, but how is the complete version? did they patch the framerate issues (sub 30 fps in the jpn version)? how big is the download?

- the new Ys game is also on sale right now, but i read about annoying framedrops. how bad is it and is the game worth 10 bucks?

- the new Ys game is also on sale right now, but i read about annoying framedrops. how bad is it and is the game worth 10 bucks?

Can't really comment on ridge racer since I don't have that, and I don't want to pass secondhand info so I'll just answer the second question.

The framedrops are not that frequent, usually when there's too many things on screen is when it happens. Though what is noticeable is the blurriness of the game. Honestly, it looks like a PSP game. Is it worth 10 buck though? Definitely. past the looks and framedrops you'll find a good Action RPG. Nice gameplay with a rocking soundtrack that can make you feel pumped and eager to play it.

It also is not on sale regularly so if you've passed on it now, you can get it later next year, on a possible Golden Week sale (around May?-June?).

Cha

Daaaamn. A lot has happened in the 2 days that I haven't visited. Gravity Daze news could really be ANYTHIING. If it's on the Vita, that's where I'll be buying it. But No plans to buy a PS4 if it's somehow exclusive, despite loving the first game to bits.

I've played a lot of Virtua Tennis lately, and quite enjoyed it. It's a very addictive game. I have a cousin that only plays fifa and racing games, but even he got hooked on Virtua Tennis and completed the entire main campaign.

Watched a friend play one of the new Pokemon games recently, and it got me wondering, whatever happened to that "Collectems" game that was supposed to be heading to Vita? It looked interesting. It's also been a while since we heard any news about Assault Android Cactus for PS4 and Vita. Hope these two titles are still coming and haven't been scrapped.

Edit: *walked out of thread for a bit* Yeeeeaaaa.... I'm just gonna stay here for a while.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Too bad for all the banned people i hope we'll see them again :(

For those who didn't click moderator Y2KEV said this:

Vita fans screaming for gr2 are literally my favorite thing ever. Its like that feeling right before you catch a fly that has been bothering you while you try to eat.

Just for comparison SgtCobra said this:
Your salty Vita tears are delicious. Can't wait for GR2 on PS4.
and was banned

incpdo

- ridge racer ultimate edition is currently on sale for 6 bucks in europe. i know the vanilla game was a fucking rip-off, but how is the complete version? did they patch the framerate issues (sub 30 fps in the jpn version)? how big is the download?

About Ridge Racer: Well Initially the game is like 700mb but then you have to download the music packages(from 3mb each song to 10mb) and new tracks (around 40mb to 80mb each one)and cars(like 2 or 3 mbs each one).

So idk about the real size but it is above 1 gb. Take into account the game doesnt have a campaign mode , arcade or career mode , it only has online for ghost battles, and you can use even a ghost from somebody to play 2 of 3 laps in a race to finally show what you know at the end.So it depends a lot on leaderboards. Then you have time attack and normal race mode. There are like 9 tracks in total so you have 18 tracks counting reversal modes of those tracks. I never experienced a problem with the game's speed. It is a very fast game and looks incredibly nice, also the music selection is awesome being about like 80 + music tracks. Regarding cars there is like 13 normal cars and 2 devil cars.
If you are not a fan of pursuing scores etc this is not your game.
The game has also an interesting system of level up and upgrade . The upgrade is for all cars at the same time and the system seems to be like some proof of concept because is not finished.
There is also 2 special races against super fast cars(Duel mode). Being a "secret" option where the music changes and the menu turns into "devil". The enemy AI is not an easy one but it is very challenging.
As a game , it is very amusing and good looking. The music is GREAT and the amount of it is astonishing but the game is like an skeleton of what could be .
I completely enjoy it even now. But dont expect the depth and amount of content of Ridge Racer PSP here.

Too bad for all the banned people i hope we'll see them again :(

For those who didn't click moderator Y2KEV said this:

Just for comparison SgtCobra said this:

and was banned

That's really shady right there. I mean, they both essentially said the same thing.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Gundam Breaker 2 (import) = One of the BEST Gundam games out there currently for the PS3 / PSV.

Am highly impressed how much work they did with overhauling pretty much everything with the title.

Example Footage

incpdo

Gundam Breaker 2 (import) = One of the BEST Gundam games out there currently for the PS3 / PSV.

Am highly impressed how much work they did with overhauling pretty much everything with the title.

Example Footage

this is a mine of gold in the west , but i know we will never get this.

Edit: why im not seen resogun vita on the web store?I want to play that game Today!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'll only miss Shizuka and Imouto.

Yeah, it's pretty messed up. Power can go a long way, not only in the real world!

That's really shady right there. I mean, they both essentially said the same thing.

In the forum i used to post before Neogaf there's a flame section where everyone(moderators included IIRC) can freely flame(without insulting obviously) but outside that section no flame is allowed, maybe i'm wrong but honestly i don't remember complaints about moderation, i don't know now but at the time Vita was still hated in the news threads but nothing at Neogaf levels and bans were rare.
In flame-free sections moderators have to be absolutely neutral or flame, hate and complaints are inevitable.
I sort of miss that forum's "3ds vs Vita" thread, apart few real console warriors(there was one 3ds fanboy that was really annoying, he was able to say one thing one day and say the opposite the next one negating what he said before if for the sake of "mom" Nintendo, a real case of doublethinking lol) all the others didn't take the thread too seriously, it was mostly a thread to make jokes on 3ds and Vita.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
this is a mine of gold in the west , but i know we will never get this.

Edit: why im not seen resogun vita on the web store?I want to play that game Today!

Basically, all of the good gundam games never get brought over lol.

Ive put 40+ hours into it already and only stuck to using 2 units, when there is an insane amount of combinations possible. :D Fun stuff. Very bad if you are one who likes to customize things, as you get stuck messing with that for a good amount of time.

autoduelist

any thoughts on
Chariot,
Z-Run,
Day D Tower Rush,
Flockers,
Gravity Crash Ultra?

I'm debating Day D Tower rush too. Would love opinions on that.

The only game on that list that I know is good is Gravity Crash Ultra, though I haven't played the Ultra version yet.

That doesn't mean the others are bad, I just haven't tried them.

deadfolk

Really bummed about the bans. If any of you guys are reading, I hope you're back soon!

So...Freedom Wars for €15. Worth it if I'm unlikely to play multiplayer?

SerTapTap

Really bummed about the bans. If any of you guys are reading, I hope you're back soon!

Single Player seemed alright but keep in mind I only played an hour so far. Finished up Binding of Isaac and ended up doing Driveclub instead of Freedom Wars.

I'm debating Day D Tower rush too. Would love opinions on that.

The only game on that list that I know is good is Gravity Crash Ultra, though I haven't played the Ultra version yet.

That doesn't mean the others are bad, I just haven't tried them.

I can second that Gravity Crash is good, and I hear Ultra fixes some of the annoying parts of it but haven't played it.

Thanks Baekshi (RIP)

So tsundere

deadfolk

Single Player seemed alright but keep in mind I only played an hour so far. Finished up Binding of Isaac and ended up doing Driveclub instead of Freedom Wars.

Thanks - will probably wait for more opinions before I jump. So many good deals on atm. I'm also still debating Tearaway and Sly Trilogy for €8.99 apiece.

maouvin

Sure thing, but (like everything ever) the higher-level missions might be messy because the AI isn't the most competent on the endgame. But it's doable - will require you to spend some time crafting good weapons and such, but doable.

Definitely. You will probably hit a wall at end game, but I played through the whole campaign without touching the online part. You've got yourself plenty of game there, and the AI isn't that bad during the campaign, so you should be fine.

Top Bottom