• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

SerTapTap

How would people compare Freedom Wars solo to Soul Sacrifice (not delta)? I got all the way to the end of that, but some of the later non-story missions and the final fight itself feel like a brick wall at least in solo. Not all that much required grind at all which was a pleasant surprise, though you certainly can grind. I'm unsure if I just need to grind more or get good for the final boss. Probably doesn't help that I only try a couple times per attempt because the cinematic before it is so boring and unskippable.

VLiberty

any thoughts on
Chariot,
Z-Run,
Day D Tower Rush,
Flockers,
Gravity Crash Ultra?

The vanilla Gravity Crash game on PSP was good, this one should be an enhanced version.

And I agree with what the above posters said about Z-run: it's not good.

For that matter how was this game?
17781_front.jpg
I tried to get this during PS2 days but never managed to find a copy. I don't know if it's actually good though lol

Well, to go with that post, here is some Final Fantasy on Vita news.

(FFアギトプラスが延期しているが、その後の状況は?)
「開発環境で大きな問題が見つかりやむを得ず延期となった。これはPSVitaの開発環境の問題で、スクエニとしてはこれ以上どうすることもできない状況。
現在はSCEさんの対応を含め開発環境のアップデート待ち。発売の目処が立ち次第改めてアナウンスします」

That Vita ver. Final Fantasy was delayed. What's the (current) situation?
Tabata: There's a huge problem in the development environment that we had to delay it. This is a problem with Vita's development environment and SquareEnix can't do anything about it. Right now, we're just waiting for SCE's update that includes the "fix" on it. We'll announce it again when we have a release date.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7986327.html

dan2026

I still can't believe they pulled that Final Fantasy VII stunt.

Talk about kicking your fans and pouring salt in the wounds.

Surely they had to know? They can't be that ignorant.

ZeroAKA

I deleted FFX to make room for FFX-2. 30 minutes into the game, and I already like it much more than FFX (most likely because of the lack of Tidus).

If no one questions FF7 on PS4 I will be disappointed.

I'm no psychic, but I promise that you will not be disappointed. Or at least not by the questions. The answers will undoubtedly be very disappointing.
I deleted FFX to make room for FFX-2. 30 minutes into the game, and I already like it much more than FFX (most likely because of the lack of Tidus).

Tidus is the only reason I don't own this game.

ZeroAKA

Tidus is the only reason I don't own this game.
Tidus is easily my least favorite FF character, and the combat system is my least favorite in the FF series. I really wanted to like FFX after seeing so much hype surrounding it, but I just can't do it anymore. FFX-2 seems promising though.

bobohoro

Well, I guess I have no reason not to get Freedom Wars at that price, have I? Since non of the other games I wanted were in any deals I'll probably take it.

Shame about Shizuka, hope she comes back soon. But yeah, bans were mostly harsh but justified, getting riled up about some Vita threads, no matter how trollish some posts are, shouldn't be the answer. We should conquer the hate with love and understanding! Life and hometown!

Or some such thing.

And since I don't know if I have the time in the next few hours/days, I already want to wish everyone on VitaGAF a happy christmas and some enjoyable holidays!

SerTapTap

Shame about Shizuka, hope she comes back soon. But yeah, bans were mostly harsh but justified, getting riled up about some Vita threads, no matter how trollish some posts are, shouldn't be the answer. We should conquer the hate with love and understanding! Life and hometown!

Or just ignore Vita threads that aren't OTs, this thread, or announcements of localizations/japanese only titles/indie games because no one bothers to troll in those

Tidus is easily my least favorite FF character, and the combat system is my least favorite in the FF series. I really wanted to like FFX after seeing so much hype surrounding it, but I just can't do it anymore. FFX-2 seems promising though.

FFX-2 is acceptable if you ignore absolutely everything aside from the combat system and don't attempt to 100% complete it or anything. It's a complete catastrophe of a game with a single but pretty good redeeming feature.

Yeah... Unfortunate that there's such a massive and fanatical following for the game. I just don't find it very interesting, but can't avoid hearing about it. FFIX is still my favourite.
FFX-2 is acceptable if you ignore absolutely everything aside from the combat system and don't attempt to 100% complete it or anything. It's a complete catastrophe of a game with a single but pretty good redeeming feature.
I've heard this, but honestly -- from what I've seen of it -- it seems no more offensive than FFX, and if the gameplay itself it better, it seems like the better game to me.

That said, I obviously haven't played through it so I could be way off base.

daydream

Banned
Yeah... Unfortunate that there's such a massive and fanatical following for the game. I just don't find it very interesting, but can't avoid hearing about it. FFIX is still my favourite.

I think FFX is terrific but I'm certainly not a fanatical fan (of anything, really). Guessing the people you're referring to a) were angsty teenagers when they first played it and (more importantly) b) got way too emotionally invested.

Haven't played FFX-2, yet, but I have a feeling I'm gonna love it.

SerTapTap

I've heard this, but honestly -- from what I've seen of it -- it seems no more offensive than FFX, and if the gameplay itself it better, it seems like the better game to me.

That said, I obviously haven't played through it so I could be way off base.

Whether you dislike FFX or not, the games are so massively tonally dissonant and X-2 is such a clusterfuck in every possible way but combat. FFX's only massive flaws were the linearity and Tidus and IMO the Tidus hate is massively overblown (though he's still the worst character). Auron alone makes FFX far better, and FFX-2's story, characters and acting are all complete jokes, it's bad-fanfic tier stuff by the end (though the epilogue novel thing is apparently even worse somehow).

Basically all you need to know is FFX ends on a sober, serious note then FFX-2 starts with the grieving Yuna singing in a pop concert dressed as Miley Cyrus and it somehow goes downhill from there.

Also it has this guy who's character design just speaks for itself:

It's also a compete travesty of "non-linear" design that is actually just incredibly linear but if you do the wrong thing too early you permanently fuck over your save file until New Game +, also multiple NG+es are required for 100%, a guide is utterly required and cutscenes can't be skipped.

I think FFX is terrific but I'm certainly not a fanatical fan (of anything, really). Guessing the people you're referring to a) were angsty teenagers when they first played it and (more importantly) b) got way too emotionally invested.

ma man

That is exactly the people I'm talking about :p I didn't mean to lump everyone who likes the game into that group, just those who really are very intense in their defense of the game. FFVII is similar but, frankly, I think it's a much better RPG so I cope.

pariah164

To anyone who has not played Final Fantasy X-2 yet, please go into it with an open mind. It's not perfect; no game is perfect. However, FFX-2 doesn't deserve any of the virulent hate it gets. It really doesn't. It's my favorite Final Fantasy game.

bobohoro

Or just ignore Vita threads that aren't OTs, this thread, or announcements of localizations/japanese only titles/indie games because no one bothers to troll in those

Or this, yeah. I tend to do the same, most of the time I only read the announcements and look to the last page of a thread to see how it evolved. If it's somewhat informative and the mood is okay, I'd look around a bit more, if I already see some trolling and meltdowns, I get the hell out of it.

Concerning X/X-2: X is a good RPG, nothing more. Good soundtrack, nice visuals and an engaging combat/level system, but bland to annoying characters (Auron though, is great, game would have been awesome if we played the original pilgrimage of his, since Jecht also seems like an awesome guy, as well as Braska), the story stands on shacky logical grounds and post game is a grinding nightmare. And mini games straight out of hell.

X-2 is largerly the same, only more extreme in its good and bad. Combat system is great to amazing, but the story, characterization, mini games and quests are more annoying, more tedious and even less enjoyable.

Mr. Desu

I'm no psychic, but I promise that you will not be disappointed. Or at least not by the questions. The answers will undoubtedly be very disappointing.
>FFVII wasn't even that good, and most people who care about it already own it on three different platforms. Could you use your money elsewhere?
"No. You idiots will still buy it."
Square Enix on release day
TmTeVLz.gif

Has anyone here tried Pier Solar?

Had my eye on it for quite some time and wondering how it is, specifically the story since that's usually what I play RPGs for

bobawesome

That's what I thought. Everyone keeps saying "he". She even mentioned giving her Danganronpa Vita to her boyfriend for a lime green vita and half of a PS4 the other day.

:/

I assume everyone here is a man until told otherwise. Especially if they have a female as their avatar.

Zhao_Yun

That's what I thought. Everyone keeps saying "he". She even mentioned giving her Danganronpa Vita to her boyfriend for a lime green vita and half of a PS4 the other day.

:/

Don't know how appropriate it is to discuss Shizukas gender here in this thread but I am pretty sure that he is male. I remember him posting that he is gay which would explain the boyfriend.

edit: ninja'd.

RK128

Hello Vita Gaf :D.

I have a question....does Resogun have issues on Vita? I just got the game off PSN for free via Vita PSN Store, and when it reaches the tittle screen, it states "Error. Unable to validate full version of the game". That never happened with other Vita games before, so if anyone can answer, that would be nice :).

Top Bottom