• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Christian

Sounds like an awesome Christmas haul, nice work! What imports did you get? Any thoughts on what the PSN credit might be going toward?

PS Nova, One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2, Zero and Ao Evolution, Sen no Kiseki 1 and 2. And I'm thinking either Soul Sacrifice Delta or Monster Monpiece. Probably MM, because I think PSN will scratch the hunting/looting itch.

Still waiting on Natural Doctrine to drop more in price. Also the Jak collection. Both of these games got panned, so I'm hoping they drop more and more.

MQX

solbrainxi.jpg
Why Sony/Playstation/SCEJ. WHY!?!?! ;_;

Also, Merry
Belated?
Christmas PSNGAF/VitaGAF :D

incpdo

Merry Christmas from Argentina PSN Gaf!!

Regarding Resogun. Im using a NA account and did not have any kind of issue with the game. I never played the Ps4 version so for me it looks awesome. i imagine the complains are comparing both versions and understand them but you have to take into account this was one of the first PS4 games , and has lots of particle effects. The game is great , and i can see some Super Stardust Delta graphic tricks here and there but its awesome.. So anyone on the fence , just buy it. Regarding what is missing? it is the ship editor mode and the heroes dlc that unlocks some modes. The game has all the content that initially came out with.

Regarding Switch Galaxy Ultra. So i bought Resogun and was anxious to buy Switch Galaxy Ultra , but then i realize i had 18.50 U$ in my digital wallet. I thought the game will be around 15 bucks but never thought it will be 18,99. Im really angry at them right now because i was gonna support this proyect but it is the same price that one of the best exclusives Vita has , Soul Sacrifice Delta. So No , im passing on switch galaxy Ultra for now.

Regarding PSN. Is PSN down? i cannot access neither the website nor the store from the Vita.

Zoe

Ugggh, broke out the Vita for the first time in months, and I can't play anything cause my games won't authenticate :(

RK128

Does anyone use Sonyrewards?
I have 1000 Points I want to redeem for a $10 psn code, I put in an address (Even though this is just a digital code) and at the last sep when I click to finsih the transaction it keeps giving me this error
"We cannot complete the transaction."
OK WHY can't you complete it? Mind at least telling me that...ugh.

You have to contact Sony Rewards via Phone call and find out what the issue is. This happened to my SR account twice; one was from my account not working and the other time was from a lack of 10$ codes on the server. After you find out the issue....then it gets resolved in a short while (2 or 3 days) or even longer (a week or more) :(.

As great as it sounds on paper.....SR can be quite annoying sometimes X(.

Takao

Banned
Why Sony/Playstation/SCEJ. WHY!?!?! ;_;

my christmas wish is that sony would ban bp from psm
he's been publishing low effort that look like they contain stolen assets (that icon above is clearly some PS blue wave imagery) for a while now
buries good content because he publishes stuff so often too

Tizoc

With Devolver bringing various of its published titles to PS4 and PSVita, here's one game that
a) I would rather they not put on Vita unless they get it to run at fixed 30 FPS
b) Will most likely get a PS4 release (at least i hope it does), which I hope won't have screen tearing

This is a puzzle game that can be played in either first person or third person view mode.
Been playing it recently on my laptop and having a blast, though it is a shame not many have given it a chance yet :/
...buyt yeah if this gets a decent enough PS4 port/release I'll double dip.

You have to contact Sony Rewards via Phone call and find out what the issue is. This happened to my SR account twice; one was from my account not working and the other time was from a lack of 10$ codes on the server. After you find out the issue....then it gets resolved in a short while (2 or 3 days) or even longer (a week or more) :(.

As great as it sounds on paper.....SR can be quite annoying sometimes X(.

Well for the sake of my sanity I think I'll try after X-mas maybe they ran out of $10 codes?
I don't live in the US and if only the transaction went smoothly...

autoduelist

Does anyone use Sonyrewards?
I have 1000 Points I want to redeem for a $10 psn code, I put in an address (Even though this is just a digital code) and at the last sep when I click to finsih the transaction it keeps giving me this error
"We cannot complete the transaction."
OK WHY can't you complete it? Mind at least telling me that...ugh.

Well for the sake of my sanity I think I'll try after X-mas maybe they ran out of $10 codes?
I don't live in the US and if only the transaction went smoothly...

I just checked and got myself a $10 card with my rewards, worked fine and instant. I think I remember hearing people that don't live in the states have problems? Maybe it's doing an IP check?

I got a Vita for Christmas :D! Looking forward to loading it up with some RPGs as soon as I get a bigger memory card (only got a 4Gb pack-in atm).

Got FFX remastered, freedom wars, and a 16gb card on order. Will probably order a 64gb from playasia at some point. But 16gb should suffice with clearing 2 years of ps plus backlog in the meantime.

I got a Vita for Christmas :D! Looking forward to loading it up with some RPGs as soon as I get a bigger memory card (only got a 4Gb pack-in atm).

Got FFX remastered, freedom wars, and a 16gb card on order. Will probably order a 64gb from playasia at some point. But 16gb should suffice with clearing 2 years of ps plus backlog in the meantime.

Welcome to the world of VitaGAF. Hope you enjoy your stay. Remember to buy P4G, DanganRonpa 1 & 2, and SK:SV

Freedom Wars is TPS in a hunting game setup.
Toukiden is a hunting game.

Freedom Wars is also a lot less skill based (more about your weapon) than Toukiden. Can't speak for Freedom Wars PvP.
I see. Well, I'm going to serve my 1,000,000 year sentence. Ordered it. The thorn thing looks kinda cool to use.
The online community is kinda dead for Toukiden.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Was hoping to get Alien:Isolation and The Walking Dead today. Damn hackers.
Anyone knows how long the sales will last ? Was getting both for $35.

demonkaze

So I got on the PS Store on my VITA looking to pick up Freedom Wars on sale (£11.99) but when I click on it, the price changes to £19.99. Has the sale ended or is it due to the PSN issues?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Happy holidays everyone! :D

Ukyo...
http://gematsu.com/2014/12/ukiyo-no-shishi-roushi-introduction-trailer-japanese-box-arts

...Digimon...
http://gematsu.com/2014/12/digimon-...shots-omnimon-goro-hackers-digi-lab-digi-farm

...and Tits evolution info, trailers and screens
http://gematsu.com/2014/12/legend-heroes-trails-sky-evolution-debut-trailer-screenshots

I played a little to Putty Squad(i'm at the end of world 3, there are 10 worlds) and damn it's a jump in a better past and i have never played a Putty game before!

Putty Squad is ugly and has faults but it made me realize how barren the actual videogame world is for these reasons:

-silliness: ok Putty Squad is maybe TOO silly(if you think that the first was called "Silly" Putty, a game called "silly" in the 16 bit era...) but what the hell videogames are where everything is possible! Stop with the boring and lazy realism and coherence! Gimme more fantasy and incoherence! I want unexpected, crazy and original designs!

-"2d sidescroller with platforms" today means Mario(what a sad sad sad sad world), in the 16 bit era everything was a 2d sidescroller and there were no right formulas(today it's only Mario or Metroidvania, nothing else) especially on Amiga, there were platformers, shot'em ups(turrican), action(first samurai), puzzles(lost vickings) and many games that were in between(Shadow of the beast), games were not strictly relegated to genres. Putty Squad is more an action than a platformer, enemies are the challenge(easy though) because levels are full of them and they respawn while platforms give no problem because Putty can fly(it drains his health but it's not a problem).

-even if the artstyle is ugly graphics are made exactly how i would have imagined high resolution (ugly)2d games when i was a child, it's hard to say but try to understand, clean native res and detailed graphics, frame based animations, no vector based/looking, not rotation based animations, no single color shades, no big outlines, no big pixel, no artistic or simple art and so on. 2d like it would have been made in the 16 bit era.

-even music seem to be straight from the 16 bit era.

-with my surprise the digital manual is long and well made! more than 20 pages(more than 30 including those pages full of sony bullshits) for a 2d platformer! Most of the games i have, even complex ones, don't really care about the manual.

I'm not trying to sell you on Putty because only those who had an Amiga MAYBE can appreciate it, i'm not trying to celebrate it but to use it to point how much we lost in the meantime and how barren today's games are.

For those who want to know how it plays each level is full of enemies and you need to rescue red Putties in order to unlock the exit, collecting stars upgrades your attacks(punch, arrows, electric attack, walking bombs), enemies fly, shoot, throw bombs, use mortars, seeking tomatoes(lol) and so on, some of them need bombs to be destroyed, there are various bonuses like bombs, deejays(they makes the enemies dance), disguises(enemies won't notice you), shield(no damage) and so on, there are also some (fugly)stickers to collect. The map function is really useful. At the end of each level you can earn 3 star for not dying, collecting all the stars in the level and for beating the high score.

Putty has all the abilities(absorbing, flying, stretch etc) since the beginning, honestly i would have made them unlockable with progression.

There is also a challenge mode where you need to beat 7 challenges for each level(beating a certain time, not collecting bonuses etc) if you beat all of them you earn a (fugly)sticker.

Some screens have movies in the background, but man how bad are them lol! the intro and the death screen have low fps and the death screen even has tearing lol.

In the end imo it doesn't feel a cheap or indie game at all, it feels like medium/big game made by a not that talented small team(but it's more the ip fault, after all they just made a faithful sequel of Silly Putty, the world changed and there's no more place for silly games and 2d games that are not Mario or Metroidvania) imo.

SerTapTap

Anyone who plays Freedom Wars that doesn't have me on PSN should add me (PSN in profile). But please say who you are when you do. I don't know what a level equivalent is in this game but I'm Code 3.

Is Murusaki Baby worth the sale price?

IMO yes, but know what you're getting into. The art and story are the primary attraction. The puzzles are okay but it's short with basically no replay value (even for trophies--100% = beat the game, fortunately) unless you want to see the story again. You probably already know if it's "your thing" or not and I would recommend using your gut either way.

I think it's very cute with a great creepy-cute atmosphere and most certainly not for everyone and probably sparked a few "barely a game" arguments.

The coffee hasn't kicked in, I assumed this was about Senran Kagura

Ugh. To the hackers that screwed Christmas over for everyone, if you are reading this: you all suck.

What is everyone doing to cope with the lack of online connection? As for myself, since I can't connect to Destiny, I actually broke Dragon Age out of the box. Having played it for 10hrs or so so far I gotta say, it is really good once you figure out how to get past the unlimited amount of missions that keep on popping everywhere in the map LOL.

Sarcasm

Ugh. To the hackers that screwed Christmas over for everyone, if you are reading this: you all suck.

What is everyone doing to cope with the lack of online connection? As for myself, since I can't connect to Destiny, I actually broke Dragon Age out of the box. Having played it for 10hrs or so so far I gotta say, it is really good once you figure out how to get past the unlimited amount of missions that keep on popping everywhere in the map LOL.

You mean its not the large influx of people signing in at the same time?

Top Bottom