• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

SerTapTap

You mean its not the large influx of people signing in at the same time?

No, DDoS, Xbox Live too. Though it was probably the easiest day of the year to make it go down.

I've just been playing offline games as usual, glad I got Freedom Wars all up to date and DLC'd on both PS TV and Vita though. That was most of my playtime Christmas eve/day.

top of the page Freedom Wars is a great game that's crazy cheap in assorted countries and retailers

The_Monk

Hey my good GAFfers! Finished Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris recently and I really liked it.

It makes a huge difference in Co-op, however. I don't think I would have half the fun if I were playing the game alone. I played in 2 hours sessions for some days since release so it seems that the length is between 6-8 hours long but it really depends on how much time you take at exploring the map, solving the puzzles, catching gems to unlock better items and so on. Locations will change, from day/night cycles to snow and rain environments which is something I like in pretty much any game. The puzzles will adapt depending on how many players are in the game, some of them were pretty straight forward while others required some thinking as a team.

I played almost the entire game with just a friend but there were times I completed some Tombs with 3 players as well. Never tried 4 Player Co-op. For some reason you can only send invites if your friend is already in-game and if you are the host and you lose connection all the other players will drop from the game as well, but at least, you will get back to it right where you were (this happened once during a Boss fight). I've always been a Tomb Raider fan and while this is different direction I liked it just like the previous entry. If you are into such games, I can honestly recommend it but it's a game meant to be played with a friend or two. Will see what type of content the Season Pass will provide since I purchased the Physical disc version (with the Art-book).

ZeroAKA

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

Game of the Month voting starts today! Please vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in December. You can either PM me on GAF (which I would prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Format the PM as such:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)
Any incorrectly formatted PMs may be ignored. Good luck!

autoduelist

Hmm any way to get around that IP thing?

Beyond my pay grade? I'd offer to log in/order it for you but that risks them deciding my IP is fraudulent since I just ordered a card on my account. If you have someone on gaf you trust a lot that lives in the states... I mean, you could also spoof your IP but that's not my thing.

It's likely in place to keep fraudsters from racking up free rewards on bots and generating tons of psn money to then resell at a discount.

Tizoc

Beyond my pay grade? I'd offer to log in/order it for you but that risks them deciding my IP is fraudulent since I just ordered a card on my account. If you have someone on gaf you trust a lot that lives in the states... I mean, you could also spoof your IP but that's not my thing.

It's likely in place to keep fraudsters from racking up free rewards on bots and generating tons of psn money to then resell at a discount.

Boo, ah well I'm glad I didn't actually invest in the thing and just bought stuff that I wanted.

Wonko_C

Is there any way to change the currency/prices from US dollars to MX pesos?

Nope. Sony is still behind the curve with this. It's "funny" seeing all those Mexican PSN cards printed with $20 & $50 US Dollars in stores, yet they don't work on my US account. (Thanks Amazon for letting me buy US codes with a Mexican CC)

Nope. Sony is still behind the curve with this. It's "funny" seeing all those Mexican PSN cards printed with $20 & $50 US Dollars in stores, yet they don't work on my US account. (Thanks Amazon for letting me buy US codes with a Mexican CC)
Seriously? I mean, even the eShop lets you pay with pesos! Oh well, 60 dollars is like 880-900 pesos, right?

Anyone here play Crossy Road on iOS? I'd love to have a Vita version, on PSM or otherwise. I don't think those types of F2P games are coming out on Vita anymore though.

Apparently has some issues, but -- while I haven't personally played it -- unless you're really sensitive to screen tearing or similar issues, I'd play it anyway. Brilliant game.

EDIT: lol, this was blank earlier but I meant to say: thanks, I'll check this out when I can.

Tapejara

I'm interested in this one. How did you feel it performed on PS4?

So far, the port's a bit disappointing, but not to the point that it would dissuade me from recommending it. As a comparison, I first played Shadow Warrior on PC with a crappy HD7570 video card. The card couldn't handle the game - even on the lowest settings - so I would get constant frame drops until finally it crashed and I realized I was never going to play it on PC. That said, the game performs quite well on PS4, though there are a few issues. Screen tearing is a bit too frequent during the beginning chapters of the game, but I haven't quite noticed it during the middle portion. Framerate is pretty solid. It runs at 60FPS and I've only noticed one or two moments where it dropped dramatically. My only real issue with the port is the load times, as the initial loading screen drags on until the game finally starts. As well, the load times between reloading checkpoints is longer than I would have hoped.

Overall, solid port with a few flaws. I'd recommend it, though if you have a PC with decent hardware I'd recommend grabbing it off Steam/GOG instead. After I finish the PS4 version I'll probably give it another try on PC now that I have a better GPU.

The Christmas DLC screen was nice too.

Also, I only have 2 votes for GotM so far. This thread is moving really slowly today.

Oh yeah I forgot to take a screenshot of that! More publishers need to advertise like this. :D

Hope more people vote, can't cast any for December myself. :/

Well it's better being slow than everyone complaining about not being able to connect to PSN in here.

Producer

got some PSN cards for xmas

i feel like joining the prestigous Costume Club...but at the same time theres alot of vita games to get on January..hmm

Throwing it to the community section didn't help either

Mayor: Not enough people are visiting the graveyard.
Secretary: Well, of course. Most people only visit the dead a few times a year.
Mayor: This is not acceptable. Graveyard should be visited more.
Mayor: I know! Let's force the supermarket and the hospital to move to the empty lot in the graveyard!
Secretary: Sir...?

wilflare

Tank... as in Nvidia Shield?

Still trying to decide whether to buy Dragon Age Inquisition or Miku DLC first. I'll buy both eventually.

on PC or PS4? you can get DAI Digital Deluxe off Mexican Origin for $30 (I did)

and yea - the nVidia Shield for all the PC Streaming, PS4 RemotePlay and Emulator joy

ZeroAKA

on PC or PS4? you can get DAI Digital Deluxe off Mexican Origin for $30 (I did)

and yea - the nVidia Shield for all the PC Streaming, PS4 RemotePlay and Emulator joy
DA:I on PS4, since the standard edition is on sale for $39. I hear bad things about the PC port, and my laptop wouldn't be able to run it anyways.

wilflare

Also dat Sonic 1 and 2 Taxman port.

I'm lost

DA:I on PS4, since the standard edition is on sale for $39. I hear bad things about the PC port, and my laptop wouldn't be able to run it anyways.

oh dang :/ hmm
I'm trying to keep all my big multiplat titles to PC (cheaper etc, better graphics/perf)

the only exception is indie titles but I guess that would change too with the tank
e.g. games like Transistor, etc - I bought on PS4, thinking I can RemotePlay to Vita
but oh well. indie titles I will end up buying on Vita too for the portable when a native version is released.

e.g. thinking of getting Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris on PS4... and RemotePlay to Vita when I want
- but I can get on PC and stream it to the Tank also - probably better performance and graphics

I hate to say this but PS4 really doesn't have that many games once I take out all those multiplats (and yes I already got inFamous, DriveClub, TLOU Remastered, waiting on a Knack and KZSF sale)

Tizoc

Released on Android and iOS, SEGA had a remaster of SOnic 1 and 2 released but only on those platforms.

The Shield can run Android games, and those 2 are among them.
These are the BEST versions of Sonic 1 and 2 you will ever play and I'm bummed that SEGA never bothered to have those ports on other platforms like PSN, Steam, etc.

ZeroAKA

I hate to say this but PS4 really doesn't have that many games once I take out all those multiplats (and yes I already got inFamous, DriveClub, TLOU Remastered, waiting on a Knack and KZSF sale)
I'm waiting patiently for Bloodborne and Persona 5 to redeem my PS4 purchase.

Top Bottom