• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

So far, the port's a bit disappointing, but not to the point that it would dissuade me from recommending it. As a comparison, I first played Shadow Warrior on PC with a crappy HD7570 video card. The card couldn't handle the game - even on the lowest settings - so I would get constant frame drops until finally it crashed and I realized I was never going to play it on PC. That said, the game performs quite well on PS4, though there are a few issues. Screen tearing is a bit too frequent during the beginning chapters of the game, but I haven't quite noticed it during the middle portion. Framerate is pretty solid. It runs at 60FPS and I've only noticed one or two moments where it dropped dramatically. My only real issue with the port is the load times, as the initial loading screen drags on until the game finally starts. As well, the load times between reloading checkpoints is longer than I would have hoped.

Overall, solid port with a few flaws. I'd recommend it, though if you have a PC with decent hardware I'd recommend grabbing it off Steam/GOG instead. After I finish the PS4 version I'll probably give it another try on PC now that I have a better GPU.
Thanks. Not a pc gamer at all, so this is my best bet.

Saw this in a manga called Omaera Zenin Mendokusai!
jldfohN.jpg
Thought that might be a smile put on someone's face :p

Thezez

Banned
Maybe someone can help me understand what the hell is going on here.

In the stupid gaming questions thread I asked wether I could rent a PS4 game, install the game data from the disc, then use the 'Buy' button in the overview menu to essentially convert the install to a digital game. Someone posted that they should use the same install data so it was possible. Turns out its not possible and I had to delete the disc install and re-download the game.

So I'm downloading it now, and the game size on the store is 22.8GB (Tomb Raider Definitive), however in my downloads it is showing up as only 4.9GB. I've restarted the download twice, and it starts off at 22GB, then goes to 4GB. WTF is going on?

Maybe someone can help me understand what the hell is going on here.

In the stupid gaming questions thread I asked wether I could rent a PS4 game, install the game data from the disc, then use the 'Buy' button in the overview menu to essentially convert the install to a digital game. Someone posted that they should use the same install data so it was possible. Turns out its not possible and I had to delete the disc install and re-download the game.

So I'm downloading it now, and the game size on the store is 22.8GB (Tomb Raider Definitive), however in my downloads it is showing up as only 4.9GB. I've restarted the download twice, and it starts off at 22GB, then goes to 4GB. WTF is going on?
Maybe the 4Gb is the file needed just to start the game, and the rest of the 23 will download after that. I wouldn't keep stopping it and restarting it, just let it go.

bobawesome

After spending a few hours with the Vita 2000 today I have to say that I'm in love with it. It feels so much better to use compared to the original and the round, non-recessed home/start/select buttons are a blessing. I do feel that it's time to finally graduate from the 8 GB memory stick, though. I've been scraping by for nearly three years with it but I'm so sick of having to micromanage everything.

That said, I'm not entirely committed to paying $80+ for a 32 GB stick. Have any of you had luck in the past buying used sticks on eBay or Amazon? $50-ish seems like the magic amount I'd be willing to pay.

After spending a few hours with the Vita 2000 today I have to say that I'm in love with it. It feels so much better to use compared to the original and the round, non-recessed home/start/select buttons are a blessing. I do feel that it's time to finally graduate from the 8 GB memory stick, though. I've been scraping by for nearly three years with it but I'm so sick of having to micromanage everything.

That said, I'm not entirely committed to paying $80+ for a 32 GB stick. Have any of you had luck in the past buying used sticks on eBay or Amazon? $50-ish seems like the magic amount I'd be willing to pay.

I've seen the 32GB memory card go for $40 new a few times in the past few months, just wait for a sale somewhere.

batrush

The 32 GB cards are currently $50 new at Gamestop. You'll need luck to snag one from Amazon or eBay at that price.

Hikami

Also, I only have 2 votes for GotM so far. This thread is moving really slowly today.
I usually vote but, hardly used my Vita this month.. new game releases/sales didn't really interest me.
Ayesha+ should make me pick it up again in January though.

SerTapTap

I hate to say this but PS4 really doesn't have that many games once I take out all those multiplats (and yes I already got inFamous, DriveClub, TLOU Remastered, waiting on a Knack and KZSF sale)

There's still tons of indies exclusive or at least first on playstation. PS+ alone keeps my PS4 in use, thanks to BOI Rebirth it might be my most used console this year. I love my PC in theory but god fucking damn when shit goes wrong on PC it's the worst shit in the world. Tired of having to be super careful about purchases so I haven't really bought much on PC lately.

Played Resogun for the first time (on the Vita, haven't played it on PS4), quite challenging I have to say.

I hope that Pure Chess and TWD S2 for Vita will also be on sale.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Resogun is out on Vita? Good performance? And is it cross buy from the ps4 version?

And lmao at EU Vita holiday sale. Stripping and Rubbing got prioritized :D

bobawesome

I've seen the 32GB memory card go for $40 new a few times in the past few months, just wait for a sale somewhere.

Wow, that low... Looks like I missed some good opportunities. I'm not exactly in a rush so I may do just that.

The 32 GB cards are currently $50 new at Gamestop. You'll need luck to snag one from Amazon or eBay at that price.

My brother told me all the 32 GB cards were sold out when he went today. I guess I know why now.

Tizoc

Yes its out in NA not sure elsewhere. not sure performance. and it is crossbuy

Vita and PS3 ver. were up on EU PSN a week before US PSN :V

Anyone getting an error when trying to run the game? I just dled it but it gives me an error that it can't verify license or something.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Resogun is out on Vita? Good performance? And is it cross buy from the ps4 version?

And lmao at EU Vita holiday sale. Stripping and Rubbing got prioritized :D
It's 30fps but runs really well. Visuals have obviously taken a hit too but it looks fine in motion. Bomb and throwing being on face buttons instead of rear touch makes it a better experience than remote play. And yeah it's cross buy.

SerTapTap

It's 30fps but runs really well. Visuals have obviously taken a hit too but it looks fine in motion. Bomb and throwing being on face buttons instead of rear touch makes it a better experience than remote play. And yeah it's cross buy.

You can set the same controls on PS4 so Remote Play is still a far superior experience in good network conditions. I don't think it was in at launch, but there's an optional control scheme clearly designed for Remote Play, it's even remappable.

bobohoro

It's time for lists. I guess.

Games I played and finished this year:

Nier (PS3)
Bravely Default (3DS)
Tearaway (Vita)
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy (PSP)
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer Of Arland (Vita)
Toukiden: The Age Of Demons (Vita)
New Super Marios Bros. U / New Super Luigi U (WiiU)
Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)
Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita)
Gravity Rush (Vita)
Demon Gaze (Vita)
Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)
Mario Kart 8 (WiiU)
Pikmin 3 (WiiU)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Vita)
Rogue Legacy (PS3/Vita)
Child Of Light (Vita)
Final Fantasy VIII (PSone)
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)
Tales Of Xillia 2 (PS3)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Cal (3DS)
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita)
Hyrule Warriors (WiiU)
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Vita)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (Vita)
Bayonetta 1+2 (WiiU)
Persona Q: Shadow Of The Labyrinth (3DS)

Games I played and dropped this year:

Vanquish (PS3)
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PSone)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (PS3)
Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice Of Arland (Vita)
Hotline Miami (Vita)
Dark Souls II (PS3)
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
Zone Of The Enders HD Collection (PS3)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (WiiU)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragemnt (Vita)

Ongoing:

Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (WiiU)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
The Wonderful 101 (WiiU)

Top-3 Vita (only counting 2014 releases):

Toukiden: The Age Of Demons
Personally, this is the hunting game I enjoy most other than Monster Hunter. It's nothing fancy, but it's solid throughout with a great deal of potential for expansions and sequels. I just like the designs, which is a great plus when it comes to collecting weapons and armour, as well as the mythology. The battle system could use some tweaks, more depth and better balancing, but is enjoyable and a great starting effort.

Demon Gaze
Great DRPG, especially if you are looking for an entry to the genre. Again, does nothing too fancy, but plays to the genres strengths and focuses on being a good game first and foremost.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Yeah, I liked the first one more. Less annoying minigames, better atmosphere and a more likeable cast. Of course it has the advantage of going first and being a bigger surprise of despair, but in retrospect I still think that alone does not make it superior to the sequel for me.

Rogue Legacy would probably take the top, but I played that one mostly on the PS3.

Top-10 overall:
  1. Bayonetta 2
  2. Hyrule Warriors
  3. Persona Q: Shadow Of The Labyrinth
  4. Rogue Legacy
  5. Toukiden: The Age Of Demons
  6. Theatrhythm: Curtain Call
  7. Mario Kart 8
  8. Tales Of Xillia 2
  9. Demon Gaze
  10. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You can set the same controls on PS4 so Remote Play is still a far superior experience in good network conditions. I don't think it was in at launch, but there's an optional control scheme clearly designed for Remote Play, it's even remappable.
You can?! I had no idea you could map the controls in Resogun. Must have been patched in after I stopped playing it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Mmmmm... I don't know what to think, i went to a store that usually has many Vitas and even had the PS4 + Vita bundles and i didn't found a single Vita!
Obviously i would like to think that they sold all the Vitas but i can't stop thinking that not even a single Vita remained is suspicious(some retailers clearly boycotted Vita the first year and half).

Is the psn still down or is it now ok? I bought credit for neptune and natural doctrine!

Mmmmm... I don't know what to think, i went to a store that usually has many Vitas and even had the PS4 + Vita bundles and i didn't found a single Vita!
Obviously i would like to think that they sold all the Vitas but i can't stop thinking that not even a single Vita remained is suspicious(some retailers clearly boycotted Vita the first year and half).

Is the psn still down or is it now ok? I bought credit for neptune and natural doctrine!

Still down for me (Sweden)

Zhao_Yun

I was contemplating bringing my PS4 back home for Christmas to play FFXIV and ultimately decided against it. Seems like I made the right decision in the end.

This is fucking pathetic.
Sony should hire more/better engineers as well as more/better Community/PR managers.
SONY employees ought to be ashamed of their company.

DDOS is really beyond their control... I mean I can't even begin to explain how one would be able to prevent them. Technically, all a DDOS is, is a shit load of requests sent to the server all at once, no hacking involved...

This is fucking pathetic.
Sony should hire more/better engineers as well as more/better Community/PR managers.
SONY employees ought to be ashamed of their company.

There are several threads on the main forum that almost always on the first page. You should go read them before you point fingers. >____>

There are several threads on the main forum that almost always on the first page. You should go read them before you point fingers. >____>

Blame it on the lizard shitheads instead. Not on Sony or MS. I wonder in what state their servers are in. Substituting entire servers is probably what they are gonna do, can't imagine it being fun or cheap for them.

DDOS attacks have gotten more efficient and effective recently. That's why they're so prevalent at the moment. Soon the server defence tech will catch up and it will be good again, but this is a cycle.

Obviously we should condemn the DDOSers but complaining to/about Sony and MS and whoever else will push them to develop their anti-DDOS measures faster.
Until then, lets all take a chance to bond.

Hello, my name is Fish, and I'm a videogameaholic.

bobohoro

Until then, lets all take a chance to bond.

Hello, my name is Fish, and I'm a videogameaholic.

Hello Fish!

My turn?

Hello, my name's bob, and I'm a videogameaholic. One of those two statements is not true.

I could stay signed into PSN long enough to download NepNep yesterday. Game's fun so far, just unsure about the voices. English ones are good for some (Neptune) and a bit worse for others (Compa), but it seems that more scenes are voiced in japanese and the cast looks pretty high standard. Are there many cutscenes or battles with major story dialog (since those aren't subbed) and is the voiced ratio really that much lower in english?

JJP12

Poor online multiplayer saps. Here I'm playing single player games and barely notice anything different

That's how I'm feeling. All my gaming friends are raging about PSN being down and I'm just sitting here playing Tales of Hearts R while the world is apparently burning down around me lol

Top Bottom