• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Tizoc

I should've bought and downloaded KoF 94 and 95 PSP when PSN was still running fine, really in the mood for a good ol' Classic SNK fighter.

Fuck Raiden and Billy in Fatal Fury 1, yeesh.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Check the OP!

So far, I've gotten votes for Rock Boshers, Guilty Gear, Lara Croft, Kingdom Hearts, and Game of Thrones.

Oh yeah. I never actually read that lol.

I haven't played Lara Croft yet but I feel like that's probably the correct answer if it's anything like Guardian of Light.

bobohoro

We should bond by voting for GotM. Only 4 people have voted so far, and all of them were for different games. I might have to do a coin toss to decide the winner.

Haven't played a single december game. Or november game. Sorry. :(

But would probably vote for Xrd. If I wasn't a dirty EU-plebeian.

VLiberty

How much of an improvement is Rock Boshers DX towards the PSM version? Is there new content or it's just an upressed version with trophies?

edit: the only december game I've played is Resogun. I don't know if I would vote that or Oddworld. The Munch's Oddysee port was really overlooked, no one talked about that

We should bond by voting for GotM. Only 4 people have voted so far, and all of them were for different games. I might have to do a coin toss to decide the winner.

I would vote, but I haven't played anything that released this month. Can I vote for Minecraft with the new patch or Gundam Breaker 2 even though I haven't played it? ;D

How much of an improvement is Rock Boshers DX towards the PSM version? Is there new content or it's just an upressed version with trophies

It is much improved. Haven't compared and I don't remember the mobile version very well but it seems pretty much all new. It is less obtuse and very polished. Good price too. Love it.

ryseing

Freedom Wars is my new addiction.

If only the fucking "stealth" sections weren't a thing. Would be in my top 5 for the year otherwise.

Wow, to those who know me here on the thread, you probably know of my conflict with Destiny, and how I can't stop playing it. These 3 days without online services made me play other games, to be more precise, I broke Dragon Age out of the box, and played more of Persona Q. I tried to play Destiny now and... It didn't feel the same. I feel confused, but I think my addiction is gone. Maybe I'm just tired from work, but I just didn't feel like playing at all. Makes me kind of sad, since I enjoyed the game so much, but these 3 days without it seem to have killed all my will to play the game.

Anyone ever go through anything like this? Having a game that you played for a long, long time, then take a small break (willingly or unwillingly) only to come back and feel like "the magic" in it is gone?

Tapejara

Wow, to those who know me here on the thread, you probably know of my conflict with Destiny, and how I can't stop playing it. These 3 days without online services made me play other games, to be more precise, I broke Dragon Age out of the box, and played more of Persona Q. I tried to play Destiny now and... It didn't feel the same. I feel confused, but I think my addiction is gone. Maybe I'm just tired from work, but I just didn't feel like playing at all. Makes me kind of sad, since I enjoyed the game so much, but these 3 days without it seem to have killed all my will to play the game.

Anyone ever go through anything like this? Having a game that you played for a long, long time, then take a small break (willingly or unwillingly) only to come back and feel like "the magic" in it is gone?

My friends and I used to play Destiny maybe five days out of the week for a month or so after release. Then we just stopped, started playing other things and tried to hop back into Destiny earlier this month. The whole game just felt so foreign and I couln't get into it at all.

What's the deal with Hatsune Miku? Do people like this game ironically? I've seen lots of chatter about the game on GAF but it looks like a pretty typical rhythm game.

ZeroAKA

What's the deal with Hatsune Miku? Do people like this game ironically? I've seen lots of chatter about the game on GAF but it looks like a pretty typical rhythm game.
No, it's a fun and challenging rhythm game with songs that you'll either love or find incredibly annoying.

JJP12

Yeah same thing happened to me with Destiny in a different way. In early November, my main friend I played with went away to Disney World for a little over a week. I played a few times with out him but it wasn't as fun. So I figured I'd play Freedom Wars and just wait to play Destiny when he returned. He eventually came back but neither of us played again. I guess all "the magic" was lost like you said and I had no desire to go back. Maybe when the next dlc releases I'll buy both of them and give it another go. Or maybe not. Only time will tell I guess

Tapejara

The tracklist is pretty hit or miss for me (I find the Miku songwriters are covering way too many genres), but it's actually a really challenging game. When you find a song that clicks it's incredibly fun.

This happened to me and my buddy. We used to play Rainbow Six all the time. Got into some other FPS (maybe COD4?) and when we tried to go back we struggled. I distinctly remember this moment when we looked at eachother and both said something to the effect of "how the hell did we ever play this?" Was pretty funny, if a bit of a bummer. The game was a shit ton of fun.

No, it's a fun and challenging rhythm game with songs that you'll either love or find incredibly annoying.

The tracklist is pretty hit or miss for me (I find the Miku songwriters are covering way too many genres), but it's actually a really challenging game. When you find a song that clicks it's incredibly fun.

Thanks, I don't really pay much attention to the rhythm genre anymore and I was really surprised by the amount of attention the games have gotten. I'll try picking up the second one if when it has a sale.

Thanks, I don't really pay much attention to the rhythm genre anymore and I was really surprised by the amount of attention the games have gotten. I'll try picking up the second one if when it has a sale.

Try listening to a few of these. Like the others said, the music is pretty hit or miss, so you might want to listen to a track or two to see if you hate the music.

http://youtu.be/l3demv5mB5c
http://youtu.be/5atwerR1rQY
http://youtu.be/fApfapRp-0Y

None of those are very high quality audio (youtube pls), but those are my favourite tracks on the first PDF game. I'm not as familiar with the 2nd's tracklist, or Vocaloid tracks outside of the games.

My friends and I used to play Destiny maybe five days out of the week for a month or so after release. Then we just stopped, started playing other things and tried to hop back into Destiny earlier this month. The whole game just felt so foreign and I couln't get into it at all.

Yeah.. that happened to me with Persona Q

Yeah same thing happened to me with Destiny in a different way. In early November, my main friend I played with went away to Disney World for a little over a week. I played a few times with out him but it wasn't as fun. So I figured I'd play Freedom Wars and just wait to play Destiny when he returned. He eventually came back but neither of us played again. I guess all "the magic" was lost like you said and I had no desire to go back. Maybe when the next dlc releases I'll buy both of them and give it another go. Or maybe not. Only time will tell I guess

This happened to me and my buddy. We used to play Rainbow Six all the time. Got into some other FPS (maybe COD4?) and when we tried to go back we struggled. I distinctly remember this moment when we looked at eachother and both said something to the effect of "how the hell did we ever play this?" Was pretty funny, if a bit of a bummer. The game was a shit ton of fun.

So I guess it does happen uh. I'm struggling to believe it, I kept complaining here how I couldn't "kick the habit", and trust me, at the time I really tried to by playing and buying other games, that I ultimately shelved because of Destiny. I basically played the game since launch almost every other day (that's 4 months), I clearly remember still playing it on the 24th and being so excited about the stuff that's to come in January.

DDOS happens, I play SP games only to pass time, 3 days later I'm able to log back in, I do 1 mission and suddenly I don't feel the same way about the game anymore. I just feel like this is a very sad way of letting go of the game... Maybe I just need some time to come back to it. I should give it another try tomorrow, and do it earlier than I did today, it is kind of late and I have work tomorrow.

Sorry about the rant lmfao. It's just that seeing something you loved to play and do get shattered in a matter of days, just feels odd aha.

So I guess it does happen uh. I'm struggling to believe it, I kept complaining here how I couldn't "kick the habit", and trust me, at the time I really tried to by playing and buying other games, that I ultimately shelved because of Destiny. I basically played the game since launch almost every other day (that's 4 months), I clearly remember still playing it on the 24th and being so excited about the stuff that's to come in January.

DDOS happens, I play SP games only to pass time, 3 days later I'm able to log back in, I do 1 mission and suddenly I don't feel the same way about the game anymore. I just feel like this is a very sad way of letting go of the game... Maybe I just need some time to come back to it. I should give it another try tomorrow, and do it earlier than I did today, it is kind of late and I have work tomorrow.

Sorry about the rant lmfao. It's just that seeing something you loved to play and do get shattered in a matter of days, just feels odd aha.

This happens to me with MMOs, too. I play them in bursts. Play it as the only thing I play for days/weeks/months, and then play soemthing else and don't wanna touch it for a while. Just give it some time.

This happens to me with MMOs, too. I play them in bursts. Play it as the only thing I play for days/weeks/months, and then play soemthing else and don't wanna touch it for a while. Just give it some time.

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do. I got so into Dragon Age, it's like the complete opposite of Destiny. While I played Destiny because I loved the combat gameplay, in Dragon Age I just love the characters, the interactions between them and my inquisitor, the exploration, but I don't particularly care about the battle mechanics in it. It fills a void that was gone for 4 months.

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do. I got so into Dragon Age, it's like the complete opposite of Destiny. While I played Destiny because I loved the combat gameplay, in Dragon Age I just love the characters, the interactions between them and my inquisitor, the exploration, but I don't particularly care about the battle mechanics in it. It fills a void that was gone for 4 months.

Have you played the other dragon games?

Have you played the other dragon games?

At the time, I didn't really find them particularly interesting, so no. I preferred Bioware's take on the whole RPG, make your own choices shebang with the Mass Effect series. If it's not a JRPG-style game, if it's what you and I call more "western", I like me some future sci-fi, hence the love for Destiny I guess.

This is my first DA, but I am actually enjoying the plot quite a lot.

At the time, I didn't really find them particularly interesting, so no. I preferred Bioware's take on the whole RPG, make your own choices shebang with the Mass Effect series. If it's not a JRPG-style game, if it's what you and I call more "western", I like me some future sci-fi, hence the love for Destiny I guess.

This is my first DA, but I am actually enjoying the plot quite a lot.

Well if you get the chance you might go back and try DA:O on the PC. On console the game is prettty mediocre, but it's awesome on the PC. The reported easiness of DA:I scared me away, along with my dislike of paying more than ~10$ for a PC game.

Glad you're enjoying it, though.

On another note: I suck at Project Diva. I'm good enough that I can beat every song on Hard without much issue, but I can only just barely finish the hard songs on Extreme. Pretty tough.

Well if you get the chance you might go back and try DA:O on the PC. On console the game is prettty mediocre, but it's awesome on the PC. The reported easiness of DA:I scared me away, along with my dislike of paying more than ~10$ for a PC game.

I must really suck, I don't find it that easy lol. I am not playing it as a tactical game though, I'm playing it as a straight up action RPG. I don't use any of the tactical features or anything, so I can't really comment on those. Like I said, I'm in it for the story and character interactions, those are just so well executed. It almost feels like I am watching GoT, except I'm the main character, and I get to pick who my enemies and allies are aha.

I must really suck, I don't find it that easy lol. I am not playing it as a tactical game though, I'm playing it as a straight up action RPG. I don't use any of the tactical features or anything, so I can't really comment on those. Like I said, I'm in it for the story and character interactions, those are just so well executed. It almost feels like I am watching GoT, except I'm the main character, and I get to pick who my enemies and allies are aha.

Well, similar with DA:O, if you're into the genre you'll pick up on the systems really quick. If you're not one who plays such games very often, you'll probably find it more difficult.

That's one of my main genres so I tend to have a higher requirement for difficulty, unfortunately.

Wooo! PSN back up for me, snagged Danganronpa 2 and Akiba's Trip just in case it locks up again.

And Guilty Gear Xrd feels as good as it looks; GORGEOUS.

Hikami

Man.. I don't like buying digital but I'm pretty tempted to get Akiba's Trip (Vita) while it's still on sale.

Has anyone played it (Vita version)? I've heard it has some technical problems or something so wondering if I should just wait til I get a PS4 and pick up that version.

pariah164

Man.. I don't like buying digital but I'm pretty tempted to get Akiba's Trip (Vita) while it's still on sale.

Has anyone played it (Vita version)? I've heard it has some technical problems or something so wondering if I should just wait til I get a PS4 and pick up that version.
The only problem I've had is the game freezing during some fights. The problem is usually due to having too much junk in your inventory; clearing it out a bit helps. It's not a deal breaker; the game is fun, funny, and has multiple endings to boot. It works better as a portable game IMHO.

batrush

The framerate takes a dip sometimes, but overall I'd say it's a great version of the game. Definitely worth the sale price. The excellent IQ and the portability make up for the few frame drops.

Hikami

The only problem I've had is the game freezing during some fights. The problem is usually due to having too much junk in your inventory; clearing it out a bit helps. It's not a deal breaker; the game is fun, funny, and has multiple endings to boot. It works better as a portable game IMHO.

The framerate takes a dip sometimes, but overall I'd say it's a great version of the game. Definitely worth the sale price. The excellent IQ and the portability make up for the few frame drops.

Ended up buying it, thanks guys.
My 16gb card is full now.. guess I'll have to get that 64gb sooner than I thought.

How is Walking Dead seasons 1 & 2 on the PS4?

I already have season 1 on PC, but I have only played episode 1. Does anything I do in Season 1 transfer over to season 2?

how long is the delay on mails from the PSN store when you have bought something?

I have not received anything for my two purchases I did 30 minutes ago on EU and US PSN.

Top Bottom