• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

ecurbj

For those that asked me about Bon Appetit, it's surprisingly fun. It may lack high-production values or some polish, but I was surprised by how decent a rhythm game it is, fanservice aside. Definitely worth the asking price.
Is there DLC that needs to be purchased in order to enjoy the game?

Shizuka

Is there DLC that needs to be purchased in order to enjoy the game?

The DLC isn't mandatory for someone to enjoy the game, even though it feels like "half" of the game, with the price reflecting that with the game and DLC being $15 each ($30 total). Worth it, IMO.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
More people needs to actually play this rather than read a summary. Telefunken will get angry. >:|
While I'm not 100% against the gameplay the big turn offs for me were that I don't care for the character at all and it was a buggy mess at launch.

75YfOAS.jpg

f10Ytd8.jpg

9VSuE2o.jpg

j6iOG44.jpg

Did pick up Ar+ though so I'll be reading a Ciel summary when I get to it ( ・´ー・`)

autoduelist

PS+ games are up. I don't know if Sony was trying to pull a fast one, but when the games come up that say free, Injustice is not among them.

I'll never understand this line of thinking. Just use Hanlon's Razor:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

In other words, it's just a temporary bug on the day they updated it. Not to mention, they gain nothing by "pulling a fast one", so why even go there?

Enter 10 digit discount code? That's new.

And someone answer me about Dustforce, please? :p

Discount code option got added sometime last week. Interesting, right?

While I'm not 100% against the gameplay the big turn offs for me were that I don't care for the character at all and it was a buggy mess at launch.

Did pick up Ar+ though so I'll be reading a Ciel summary when I get to it ( ・´ー・`)

Holy mess of interaction bugs, Batman - that's bad.

Shizuka

And now debating on not getting SAO based on so many people in the PSN Sale Thread hating it apparently.

I didn't like it, but I have to say that I also didn't give it a lot of time to grab me. The gameplay is really confusing for me, it took too long to click and I ended up moving on instead.

And now debating on not getting SAO based on so many people in the PSN Sale Thread hating it apparently.

Sword Art Online is a great RPG with a poor story (aside from the beginning and end of it). If you're looking for a good story, avoid it - but if you're more interested in gameplay and content to explore (and/or fanservice) then it's a great choice.

Such an infidel!

Those bugs have long been fixed. Or at least I haven't seen them in my 2~3 weeks of playing Offline (up to end of Ch2).

You can always give Gust more money by buying the "online" version, buy all succeeding chapters, then buy all repair packs. I dunno how much it'll cost, but you'd be able to see all the dreams without unlocking repairing them yourself. :D

I too would like some solid clarification on whether or not the Vita version is good to go. Gonna nab Runner2 in the meantime.

I did some googling and it seems that patch 1.01 fixed audio issues with the cutouts, but the slowdown in some areas remained.

autoduelist

So the "Castlestorm Complete Edition" is $4.50 and says on the webstore that it works on PS3 and Vita.

Is this true? That is, do you get the vita version too?

Because the vita version is $5... but the complete edition is $4.50.

EDIT: Ok, googling says the ps3 and vita versions are cross buy.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/23/castlestorm-definitive-edition-out-today-on-ps4/

So... complete ps3 edition for 4.50 cross buy... or just the game for 5 on vita. hrm. decisions, decisions.

So the "Castlestorm Complete Edition" is $4.50 and says on the webstore that it works on PS3 and Vita.

Is this true? That is, do you get the vita version too?

Because the vita version is $5... but the complete edition is $4.50.

EDIT: Ok, googling says the ps3 and vita versions are cross buy.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/23/castlestorm-definitive-edition-out-today-on-ps4/

So... complete ps3 edition for 4.50 cross buy... or just the game for 5 on vita. hrm. decisions, decisions.

Why would you buy anything other than the PS3 edition then? It's cheaper and more complete?

I too would like some solid clarification on whether or not the Vita version is good to go.

I found the Vita version of Dustforce ran fine. Don't remember if I had the patch but I played it late after release. I didn't like the game so I stopped playing so I don't know if it is a problem in later levels.

This actually looks more interesting with these twisted, unholy anime abominations

antibolo

Banned
Arc System Works US strikes again!

Fantasy Hero is NOT available in Canada!

I'm not even surprised anymore. It feels like they're doing it on purpose at this point.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I'm playing Titan Attacks on PS4 and I just earned a trophy for Secret Ponchos. I haven't even played Secret Ponchos yet.

WTF

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not even surprised anymore. It feels like they're doing it on purpose at this point.
Shocking... Let's hope the game isn't that good.
:(

Also I noticed earlier that ASW USA (and definitely not "Europe") doesn't really exist, it's just a PR and localization front by the same people that "run" 5pb USA, Strangely Compelling. So that makes two companies I'm not fond of that they're representing. I don't believe they have any say in publishing duties either. Makes me feel like complaining against a wall.

According to their press people, it's coming out in Canada when it launches in the rest of the world early next year. Something to do with licensing, apparently? It doesn't make sense, but at least they are planning on having it come out here eventually, unlike Magical Beat.

According to their press people, it's coming out in Canada when it launches in the rest of the world early next year. Something to do with licensing, apparently? It doesn't make sense, but at least they are planning on having it come out here eventually, unlike Magical Beat.

This.

That said, not impressed by the fact that they can't get their games into Canada at the same time as the US when EVERYONE ELSE can.

I forgot how much fun and how valuable these Playstation community threads are. I rarely hit the community forum so I've been missing out. I'm subbing from now on.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I wish it was for the rest of the world, and they apparently have some news about Magical Beat in Canada. And considering it hasn't been released in parts-of-Europe maybe you'll get it then.
This.

That said, not impressed by the fact that they can't get their games into Canada at the same time as the US when EVERYONE ELSE can.
But... regulations!

Also: https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/539910547815137280
GGXrd to be released in parts-of-Europe by ASW? I hope not.

Tapejara

We're not getting Guilty Gear until 2015? Doesn't surprise me, Aksys couldn't even manage a Canadian release for Sorcery Saga. They said it was coming and then went radio silent.

Edit: Oh, we're talking Fantasy Hero. For some reason I thought Guilty Gear.

I'm still pissed about Sorcery Saga, Aksys.

I forgot how much fun and how valuable these Playstation community threads are. I rarely hit the community forum so I've been missing out. I'm subbing from now on.

The community side of gaf is a place of peace and harmony. Welcome to the light, my child.

I think it's best to leave SAO and Dustforce alone then, based on what I've read.

Still getting Runner2 though, so that's something.

if you enjoy MMO gameplay and RPGs, you should get SAO for sure. I strongly advise against taking other people's opinions on vita games unless you know them to be levelheaded and share your interests. That said, if you've gotten such input, more power to you.

Doombear

Sword Art Online is a great RPG with a poor story (aside from the beginning and end of it). If you're looking for a good story, avoid it - but if you're more interested in gameplay and content to explore (and/or fanservice) then it's a great choice.

Tif you enjoy MMO gameplay and RPGs, you should get SAO for sure. I strongly advise against taking other people's opinions on vita games unless you know them to be levelheaded and share your interests. That said, if you've gotten such input, more power to you.

Absolutely agree with Teflon and NormalFish here. I put a good amount of time into SAO and plan to put plenty more in too. It has its issues, but I had a lot of fun and there is a lot to see and do in the game. I am a fan of the series, the MMO style, and the piles of weapons/skills to play with.

antibolo

Banned
We're not getting Guilty Gear until 2015? Doesn't surprise me, Aksys couldn't even manage a Canadian release for Sorcery Saga. They said it was coming and then went radio silent.

Edit: Oh, we're talking Fantasy Hero. For some reason I thought Guilty Gear.

I'm still pissed about Sorcery Saga, Aksys.

?? Sorcery Saga is definitely on the Canadian PSN.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-god/cid=UP1024-PCSE00314_00-SEIMADOUMONOGATA

Aksys (and Xseed) games are sometimes hard to get at retail in Canada but it's not a big deal since you can always order them online or simply buy them from PSN, they've never excluded Canada from their digital offerings.

Don't confuse Aksys Games and Arc System Works US, they are NOT the same. The problem with Arc System Works US is that they do digital-only releases where they specifically exclude countries within the region they're releasing for, which is total bullshit that they are literally the only publisher to be guilty of doing on a regular basis.

wilflare

I thought there was another patch recently :/
or maybe I'm just confusing things now

Best I could find was that patch 1.01 came out in the summer and fixed the audio issues.

I know my install of Rogue Legacy just patched to fix "graphical issues" which I assume is the same type of thing I posted about in Spelunky after the big FW update a couple months ago.

As dumb as it sounds, I might bite on that Pac-Man collection for $8. It's the only way to get the original PMCE on PSN, right? And having all those other classic games doesn't hurt, I guess. Anyone know if there were any issues with the CE port?

The community side of gaf is a place of peace and harmony. Welcome to the light, my child
.....Ooommmmmm....

I feel it...

Tapejara

?? Sorcery Saga is definitely on the Canadian PSN.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-god/cid=UP1024-PCSE00314_00-SEIMADOUMONOGATA

Aksys (and Xseed) games are sometimes hard to get at retail in Canada but it's not a big deal since you can always order them online or simply buy them from PSN, they've never excluded Canada from their digital offerings.

Don't confuse Aksys Games and Arc System Works US, they are NOT the same. The problem with Arc System Works US is that they do digital-only releases where they specifically exclude countries within the region they're releasing for, which is total bullshit that they are literally the only publisher to be guilty of doing on a regular basis.

I was thinking of Guilty Gear when I made that post, which is why it's framed the way it is lol. I'm aware at this point that it's Arc Systemworks publishing lol.

And yeah, I know SS is available on PSN, it just pissed me off how Aksys handled the game's retail launch. But I complained about that enough last Christmas, I don't need to go through it again :p.

nampad

Akiba's Trip is getting a bit tedious. I love the presentation, which is quite funny but the actual gameplay is so bad. The area's are too small and the framedrops and bad camera controls are annoying. Even though I use fast travel most of the time, I still have to search each area for the side missions. It got so bad I just want to leave them all out.

The premise of the combat is funny but the brawling mechanics are so weak. I hate that all the combos end in some stupid move at the 3rd hit which stops you from going on. The targeting is super weak and the framedrops don't help. Having your partner destroying all your strip cain plans sucks, too.

Couldn't resist the Sword Art Online sale price, is it really worth it to watch the show before I jump in?

Table Top Racing? Why not at that price.

Flandy

Tapejara wants nothing to do with me ;__;
context: I bought Tomb Raider Definitive Edition on Black Friday and he bought Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition.
15749965477_e6a8fb3f57_o.png

Top Bottom