• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Tapejara

Haven't had Internet for the past couple of days so I've just been lurking GAF. Here are things:

1) Aww, CoD didn't win GoTM :(.
2) Everyone should pick up Bit.trip Runner 2 in the PSN Sale
3) I picked up Persona 4: Golden. I still have yet to play it despite having nothing to do this past weekend.

3) I picked up Persona 4: Golden. I still have yet to play it despite having nothing to do this weekend.

1) It never stood a chance against the Miku Fleet.
2) Yeah gonna get it, got it already on Steam and would be nice to have it on the go.
3) Still waiting for a sale under $20, maybe this experience sale the next few weeks will grant my wish. Still gotta finish P3P.

MQX

I bet those NISA... America Limited Editions are the European leftovers since no-one is going to buy them here. (´_`)
I thought those NISA Europe Limited Editions were the American leftovers (゚ペ).

And that they want to scam us(European people) to pay high prices when they are actually cheap on the NIS America Store :/

WrMJgto.jpg
Yeah. Because every public toilet has "Free Wi-Fi" :/.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It's been well overa month going to doctors, today finally the problem showed itself, appendicitis. Still don't know if I'm getting surgery today or not. This sucks... My finals are right next week too, worst timing for my appendix to act up.
I hope you get well soon :/.
And don't forget to bring your vita to the hospital next time ;P

Sword arts online finally on sale! Yes!
What?
Hopes tomorrow to see on the EU Blog that Sword Art Online is also on sale for the European Vita users :X

Haven't had Internet for the past couple of days so I've just been lurking GAF. Here are things:

3) I picked up Persona 4: Golden. I still have yet to play it despite having nothing to do this past weekend.

You told me you were going to play P4G this weekend, I feel betrayed :(
Even Carl plays it, and he never plays JRPGs

FireCloud

Sword arts online finally on sale! Yes!

Thinking of SAO as well. However, the several users in PSN sale thread have been panning it; criticizing everything from gameplay to poor translation.

I've only loosely been following the game. Seen several YouTubers I follow post Let's Play videos on it. But didn't watch because I thought I might pick the game up soon. I thought the game was generally well received but now I don't know.

Posting here to see if I can get some second opinions from another audience than the PSN sale thread. Figured this thread would be better than the OT because...well it's the OT.

Anyone who is a fan of the anime played SAO on the Vita and think it's a safe bet for $24?

autoduelist

Well, this week I'm crossing a pile of 'casual' games off my 'someday sale' wishlist. The ones I wanted, but never wanted to spend much on like Castlestorm and Age of Zombies.

And this is just week one. Wow.

Guys I'm $2.04 short of meeting the buy 100 get 15 promo, somebody recommend me something to buy at that price.

Bit Trip vita for $3.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who is a fan of the anime played SAO on the Vita and think it's a safe bet for $24?
Not a big fan of the anime but thought the game was great. The English translation is supposed to be quite bad but the gameplay is solid once you learn what you're doing and there's content for miles. I can tell you straight up that the first guy in that sale thread criticizing the battle system doesn't understand the mechanics based on his claims.

Thinking of SAO as well. However, the several users in PSN sale thread have been panning it; criticizing everything from gameplay to poor translation.

I've only loosely been following the game. Seen several YouTubers I follow post Let's Play videos on it. But didn't watch because I thought I might pick the game up soon. I thought the game was generally well received but now I don't know.

Posting here to see if I can get some second opinions from another audience than the PSN sale thread. Figured this thread would be better than the OT because...well it's the OT.

I enjoyed it, put around 30 hours into it, but never finished it. The combat is pretty fun, and there's tons of content. The horrible translation actually made the game funnier for me

Bit Trip vita for $3.
Yes!

maouvin

$15 for Fantasy Hero. Over the impulse buy range, hmm.
And it launched with a bunch of paid DLCs.

edit: there's a demo!

PS+ games are up. I don't know if Sony was trying to pull a fast one, but when the games come up that say free, Injustice is not among them. Rather, it is on banner running down the side of the screen. However, unlike the other games it does not say free until you click on the banner. They've never done it like that to my knowledge. Why start now?

bnPXPOc.png

EfJEKvr.png

If you were out of the loop as to which games are available, you might miss out on Injustice.

Hikami

Hmm.. those PS+ Vita games don't really look all that interesting to me (from screenshots).
Anyone play them yet and think they're worth a try?

PS+ games are up. I don't know if Sony was trying to pull a fast one, but when the games come up that say free, Injustice is not among them. Rather, it is on banner running down the side of the screen. However, unlike the other games it does not say free until you click on the banner. They've never done it like that to my knowledge. Why start now?

I just think they are slow at updating. Earlier I used search and everything was free.

Tizoc

Which of those Disney games are worth getting?
Split Second, Tron, Toy story games intrigue me.
I already have Hercules which was one of my first PSX games ever :p

antibolo

Banned
Ever since I got a PSTV I can no longer queue Vita downloads because there is no way to download to only one device (and I share a single memory card across both). Quite annoying.

Yukianesa

Neo Member
Haha, wow. The reversible cover for Nisekoi Yomeiri!? is hilarious. I'm probably not going to use it. I don't really like Marika that much.

How do I do this?

1. Turn off PS3.
  2. Hold and keep holding the power button; the PS3 will turn on, and then turn off again.
  3. Once off again, press and hold the power button. You will hear one beep, another single beep after that, and then two beeps in a row. After the two beeps, let go of the power button so it doesn't turn off again and you'll end up in the system recovery menu.
  4. Select Rebuild Database (DO NOT SELECT ANYTHING ELSE! THIS IS IMPORTANT!)
  5. Reboot when finished.

Everyone should get BitTrip Runner 2 on sale. Runs great on Vita.

Get Stealth Inc and Velocity Ultra if you haven't got them already.

Stay away from Strike Suit Zero. F that boring poor controls game.

Table Top Racing was OK but there are better racers. Get Jet Car Stunts if that goes on sale instead.

I am taking a chance on Starlight Inception despite terrible reviews.

Flow is the type of game I hate and I bought it anyway because $1.80.

Far Cry since it will remind me of the days when I played PC games and I really didn't like it back then but $3.

Tired of Lego games but I am sure I will get into the Lego Movie game on Vita when I start playing again.

Was the Vita port of Dustforce ever patched so it ran well?

Ran fine for me. I didn't like the game. It wasn't for me.

To those who lacks a few dollars to hit 100$, my only advice is to buy EVERY VITA THEME OUT THERE!

No, don't heed my advice. Go buy a PSP or PSX game or something.

Random Link of the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU5DIRm3PKA

More people needs to actually play this rather than read a summary. Telefunken will get angry. >:|

Honestly, if I played the vanilla version when it went on PS+, rather than shelving it before even getting to the first chapter, I would have probably paid for the whole thing on the "online" version.

It's kinda annoying that they use repeating animation, though. It's fugly when there are any "big" motions.

Edit: Fuck... that reminds me of all the screenshots on my stolen Vita.

My memorieeeeeeeeeeeeeees...

Shizuka

For those that asked me about Bon Appetit, it's surprisingly fun. It may lack high-production values or some polish, but I was surprised by how decent a rhythm game it is, fanservice aside. Definitely worth the asking price.

Top Bottom