• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

maouvin

My unexpected beef though, early on -
going from Code 1 to Code 3, there is SO much fetch quests in the hub world, not action world, and there is so much dialouge. I like it, sure, but I was getting a little bored, and really wanted to focus on whooping up dudes. Story isn't a bad thing..I guess...

Aye, everyone complains about that part lol. But soon after that you unlock (purchase the right to) fast travel, and then everything is bliss.

Here's the OT, btw.

Aye, everyone complains about that part lol. But soon after that you unlock (purchase the right to) fast travel, and then everything is bliss.

Here's the OT, btw.
Killer, thanks. Was meaning to search for it, but am lazy, and somewhat busy at work. I have fast travel available, but I am electing to not buy it. I like running around the place, that wasn't really a concern, but I guess if I *have* to do something that requires, I might as well have the option available. I just don't have to use it :D

Laws00

What are the chances of Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN having a preorder option?

I want to spend this money already to have it. FUDGE!!

PS TV has been annoying to set up, with bubble arrangement losing it's shit, cross checking stuff to see what works and doesn't, having to use wifi-only for content manager (worse, since my new place dampens wifi down to 10-30mbps from 50+) to make sure I get my current saves and DLC configuration (if only saves were separate).

I see things in the sidebar recommendations that aren't listed as compatible or listed in the actual game section I'm looking at... stuff I don't even feel like wasting time experiment with, and can't be sure if it will get confused by region (New Little King's Story etc) or version (physical copies vs HD 2packs vs standalone copies ala MGS2&3).

Saw Motorstorm RC was compatible on the store and the online list... but I try to load it and it's incompatible. It's fully patched. So I go to search the store again, and see that Motorstorm RC "Complete Edition" is on the store, but not vanilla... even though they're the same thing, since I own all the DLC from it (got hooked on the game early in the Vita lifecycle). I also don't own the CE, even though I own everything in it... probably because I got Motorstorm RC free, when it was free for all early adopters. Likely the same reason all the DLC is crossbuy/platformer with PS3, but the base game isn't.

I'm always a very confused Vita owner with a lot of 1st world probs.

SerTapTap

Saw Motorstorm RC was compatible on the store and the online list... but I try to load it and it's incompatible. It's fully patched.

Compatibility sure is needlessly confusing, but make sure to click the "refresh live area" thing, that's what's needed to make Shinovi Versus work even though it's compatible out of the box. The whitelist is an absolutely terrible idea. Require compatibility to be listed on the PSTV store, throw a warning for blacklisted games but let people play at their own risk, everyone's happy.

Hmn... Did EU PSN do a PS+ promotion during the year and I totally just missed it or am I going to just resub for a month until they do?

I subbed last year in september, when they did a 12 months+3 promotion. I don't seem to recall any other promotions after that (maybe early 2014?), but the last months there have been none.
My current sub is running out this friday, so I'm hoping on a promotion this wednesday (a fool's hope). Otherwise I'm doubting between resubbing for this month or immediately a one year subscription. Resubbing each month becomes too costly in the long run.

Compatibility sure is needlessly confusing, but make sure to click the "refresh live area" thing, that's what's needed to make Shinovi Versus work even though it's compatible out of the box. The whitelist is an absolutely terrible idea. Require compatibility to be listed on the PSTV store, throw a warning for blacklisted games but let people play at their own risk, everyone's happy.

Yeah, that was the first thing I did, to make sure it was patched. Game hasn't been patched since 2012, probably, and there's not a new one available for it.

I think my Motorstorm RC is just a different version. Same way Retro City Rampage has all sorts of weird versions, depending on which system you're looking at DL history on, from being an early cross-buy/platform title and a PS+ title later on.

...and yes, whitelist the store all you want. Let me throw in my 64GB card from my Vita, and see for myself what works and what doesn't without shit going haywire, disassembling all the bubble folders, and making a lot of bubbles go invisible whether they're compatible or not.

SerTapTap

...and yes, whitelist the store all you want. Let me throw in my 64GB card from my Vita, and see for myself what works and what doesn't without shit going haywire, disassembling all the bubble folders, and making a lot of bubbles go invisible whether they're compatible or not.

I think the bubble thing is retail games--swapping cards is not nice with that. I don't have much issue swapping cards (I still don't do it) but I think it's because I have few retail games. In fact I've bought more this year than I have since I got it by about double

Volcynika

Is there a typical time (I'm in the US) that the JP store updates? I think it's late Wednesday evening for me, but not sure if there is a consistent update time for them. Just asking in preparation for the Guilty Gear Xrd thread.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a typical time (I'm in the US) that the JP store updates? I think it's late Wednesday evening for me, but not sure if there is a consistent update time for them. Just asking in preparation for the Guilty Gear Xrd thread.
Not on the dot but nowhere as bad as GCT. Usually early afternoon on Thursdays around 1PM Japan time give or take a few hours.

Well they barely have any indie games, so...
The rolling PS1 archives access makes up for any lack of indies though

maouvin

Can't you just put it up whenever it's midnight there?

I think the bubble thing is retail games--swapping cards is not nice with that. I don't have much issue swapping cards (I still don't do it) but I think it's because I have few retail games. In fact I've bought more this year than I have since I got it by about double

All my digital games do the shuffle too. I know the tricks of the trade for swapping Vita cards and keeping things 99% in place, but it seems wildly unpredictable on here. Weirdly enough, when I put a card back in the Vita, it's relatively intact, and retail games don't budge. This 32GB card is staying in there and never coming out.

On what I said in my other post... I'm soooo used to playing Vita games on Vita (and dat OLED), that it looks and feels weird to me on a TV, but PSOne and PSP seems more at home. Maybe I'll just make it a backwards-compatibility box.

antibolo

Banned
Hey guys look I fixed the BS Blog page:

lgn38fw.png

On what I said in my other post... I'm soooo used to playing Vita games on Vita (and dat OLED), that it looks and feels weird to me on a TV, but PSOne and PSP seems more at home. Maybe I'll just make it a backwards-compatibility box.
I'd play every game made on this glorious device if I could! But yea, anything PSOne and older just looks so great on it. I'd love to see how PS2 games look, if it were ever possible..

maouvin

If I tell myself there won't be any Vita sales this week, I won't be as disappointed, right? :(

They're saving up for the mega Playstation Experience sale next week, believe.

edit: more Freedom Wars DLCs this week, and Costume Pack A is still MIA :(

edit2: v v v who'd say?

SerTapTap

US PSN holiday sale 1

Can't beat Flow for that price, Raiden 4 Overkill is a good pickup too if you like oldschool shmups (though I don't specifically enjoy the overkill mechanic all that much). Contrast is an interesting artsy game that doesn't....really go anywhere, unfortunately. Feels like a good start then stops. Alright puzzles aside from some bugs that I Think they fixed. I played on PS4 not PS3 though. Tales of Symphonia is a classic. You can skip Dawn of the New World. It's almost FFX-2 levels of "what did you do to the story" without the FFX-2 combat system

Raiden 4 Overkill is a good pickup too if you like oldschool shmups (though I don't specifically enjoy the overkill mechanic all that much).

Sweet. I was waiting for a deal on Raiden 4: Overkill. I'm definitely getting that. And that's pretty much it for me for this week's sale.

Top Bottom