• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

SerTapTap

They promised a specific update time? ...that doesn't sound like SCEA at all. It'll probably be up within a couple hours, it's usually up a bit before I leave work.

ZeroAKA

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

Game of the Month voting ends tomorrow! Please vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in December. You can either PM me on GAF (which I would prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Format the PM as such:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)
Any incorrectly formatted PMs may be ignored. Good luck!

VLiberty

Wait a sec- Woah Dave is a Super Crate Box lookalike? Has anyone played it in some form(it's out on PC and 3DS)? If it's good this is an amazing month then.

Since the Flash Sale and Holiday Sale are extending, I'm assuming no new sales? While that's disappointing, my wallet could probably use a rest.

The extension does really tempt me to get Nidhogg though.

Mononoke

Banned
Figured I would post this here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=961687

I used to post heavily in this thread, but had to dial it back due to my health and other things. I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep up with my monthly PSN giveaway like I had planned (again, health stuff got in the way).

But, I wanted to give you guys a heads up. Only 7 hours away, I'm giving out a free used PS4 and PS Vita Slim. Figured I should let you guys know.

SerTapTap

Wait a sec- Woah Dave is a Super Crate Box lookalike? Has anyone played it in some form(it's out on PC and 3DS)? If it's good this is an amazing month then.

It's by Gaijin Games Choice Provisions®™ (seriously what the hell) so it's probably decent

Is there going to be a store update today? I thought they were doing them at 2:00 EST now.

I'll believe that when I see it, they come for me between 5pm EST and 6:30pm EST for the most part, and I check every 15 minutes since I grab the sales and such for TVL every week.

I used to post heavily in this thread, but had to dial it back due to my health and other things. I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep up with my monthly PSN giveaway like I had planned (again, health stuff got in the way).

But, I wanted to give you guys a heads up. Only 7 hours away, I'm giving out a free used PS4 and PS Vita Slim. Figured I should let you guys know.

You are awesome. I would enter, but I have a PS4 and two Vita's. Again, thanks for being so kind! Hope we see you more again in this thread soon.

Mononoke

Banned
You are awesome. I would enter, but I have a PS4 and two Vita's. Again, thanks for being so kind! Hope we see you more again in this thread soon.

Yeah I figure most people in here would have one or the other lol. I just felt bad about not continuing my PSN gift card giveaways. So I figured, maybe someone in here could win what I was giving out now.

Either way, thanks for being awesome. Love VitaGAF

ZeroAKA

That's really generous of you! I've been stalking seen you around while lurking in other threads. Good luck in Japan, and get well soon! I'll be on Twitter if you need anyone to talk to. :)

Chuy

That's incredibly thoughtful of you to do and i'm sure that'll make someone's day. Also don't feel bad about not being able to freebies as health should come first and foremost but i hope you do get better soon.

Oh for the Gotm do i actually have to own it to vote for it? I know what i want to vote for just haven't gotten around to buying it

ZeroAKA

Oh for the Gotm do i actually have to own it to vote for it? I know what i want to vote for just haven't gotten around to buying it
Ideally, you should vote for a game you actually played and enjoyed, but I can't exactly check whether or not you played the game you voted for. :p

igor

Is Phantasy Star Nova anything like Phantasy Star Portable 2? It's one of my fave games on PSP and would love more of it with more next-gem content and gameplay... PSP2 feels a wee bit dated nowadays.

Is Phantasy Star Nova anything like Phantasy Star Portable 2? It's one of my fave games on PSP and would love more of it with more next-gem content and gameplay... PSP2 feels a wee bit dated nowadays.

I wish PSP2 was on Vita at launch (and now because I can't ever delete it now) but yeah... It's dated now.

Shun

Is Phantasy Star Nova eligible for GOTM? It came out in November. It's really addictive, I'm quite smitten with it.

It came out at the end of November where there were like 3 days left, I consider it a December game.

Nova is a really really fun game.

IMG_0270.jpeg

Too bad my PS Vita came with 3.30...

I have to wait till the next exploit (&#9523;&#1044;&#9523;)

Toki767

I just ordered the white/light blue Vita today. About time I jumped on the Vita 2000 bandwagon. Now I need to figure out if I want to put a screen protector on it.

Shun

I just ordered the white/light blue Vita today. About time I jumped on the Vita 2000 bandwagon. Now I need to figure out if I want to put a screen protector on it.

Depends, I take care of my stuff quite well and I find screen protectors and cases kind of ugly.

I go without a screen protector on my iPhone 5S and Vita. 3DS LL being an exception because of the clamshell design and how the top screen may get damaged. If you want to be safe, I'd say go ahead but I don't think the Vita needs one.

Toki767

Depends, I take care of my stuff quite well and I find screen protectors and cases kind of ugly.

I go without a screen protector on my iPhone 5S and Vita. 3DS LL being an exception because of the clamshell design and how the top screen may get damaged. If you want to be safe, I'd say go ahead but I don't think the Vita needs one.

The original Vita I used a screen protector on, though I don't use one at all on my phones. I do use one for the 3DS XL though. I may go without one just because I don't want to risk applying it wrong.

autoduelist

They promised a specific update time? ...that doesn't sound like SCEA at all. It'll probably be up within a couple hours, it's usually up a bit before I leave work.

They stated the schedule a year, maybe even 2 years ago and have stuck to it almost the entire time - 2pm PST / 5pm EST. A few minor exceptions due to glitches. Today they're likely still dealing with DDOS issues/ramifications plus it's the holidays.

Steam sale managed to steal my time for the past week, other than some minor vitaing I've been bad.

Played some Castlestorm today... whew, it tries to do a lot. You've got three different games all at the same time:
1) ballista style game where you fire bolts at oncoming army
2) rescue raider style game where you send out units to assault your enemy
3) angry birds style game where you switch your ballista to be more like a catapult to knock down enemy castle.

And what you do depends on what button you hit (square sends troops, x fires bolt, but then you also have to change troop type or ammo type contextually with l1/r1). All on a mission screen a couple times the width of the vita, which makes aiming an absolute bitch.

I want to love this game, because I actually enjoy what it's trying to do... though trying to get decent aim is hard. But I've only played a mission, perhaps it'll become muscle memory. Glad I finally picked it up. Also glad it was on sale.

Shun

Is there any chance for Sony to allow us to access different SEN accounts/regions on the Vita like the PS3?

I mean they could do what the PS3 did and do the whole game share thing and rework the SEN stuff to garner interest. That's how they got more people to buy a PS3.

I just want it to not be a pain in the ass to access my main SEN account and switch to an NA one if there are good deals.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Is there any chance for Sony to allow us to access different SEN accounts/regions on the Vita like the PS3?

I mean they could do what the PS3 did and do the whole game share thing and rework the SEN stuff to garner interest. That's how they got more people to buy a PS3.

I just want it to not be a pain in the ass to access my main SEN account and switch to an NA one if there are good deals.

Nope.

Khronico

Man what a bummer week. I still have 19 bucks left in my psn wallet but nothing really jumps out at me. I would like to play Akiba but I'd rather get the physical ver if possible. Oh well.

bobawesome

what did you pay for it?

why not order a 64 from superUFO?

$58 from Gamestop. $82.60 isn't a bad price but I only had so much money to blow. Besides, I'm upgrading from an 8 GB which I've used for the past three years. 32 is more than enough for now.

No store update. :(

Oh well, back to playing Game of ThronesDragon Age Inquisition.

Not enough games released per month to justify separate GotMs and extra work for me.

Your character looks like she's seen some serious shit. When all is well and dragons are slaughtered, she could use some pampering.

Past

That's always there, though.That or there will be a deal soon. It takes Sony forever to remove things from their deals section.

To be fair, Atlus has the same sale every 2-3 weeks, Sony probably doesn't bother taking it out the deals section cause they know the games are going to be back on sale the week after lol.

It came out at the end of November where there were like 3 days left, I consider it a December game.

Nova is a really really fun game.

IMG_0270.jpeg

Too bad my PS Vita came with 3.30...

I have to wait till the next exploit (&#9523;&#1044;&#9523;)

Have fun with Nova, I'm having a blast. Wish I understood the story bits though.

Also what the benefits of installing home brew on a Vita? I always thought it was a thing for piracy.

Top Bottom