• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Maid

Banned
my fanservice tolerance is extremely high, but criminal girls? nooooooope

And you called your tolerance is extremely high?

In a serious note, I hate censorship no matter what, since I hate the idea of censorship themselves, not because of what they censor. The game isn't as bad as people make it out to be, either. It's just not for people who don't like to not have completely control over your party in DRPG. You don't have direct control, you just have the ability to give command. I do think they could make it better for the girls' AI. Not in a sense that the girls should be smarter on their own, but in how they should act based on their mood/affection. Currently it's feel somewhat mechanical, like "I have 90% chance to act like you told me, but then I decide to roll the 10% and doing nothing".

TOTP: I hope you all pre-ordered Firefly Diary and already bought Neptunia Rebirth 2.

SerTapTap

^ 'course I do

Yes, censorship is trash, and I doubt it ever results in people who don't like X actually buying the game. Allegedly it's to do with the ESRB. ...considering what Rebirth 2 does and gets a Teen I just find it a bit hard to believe though. (Speaking of I have no idea why it's teen now instead of Mature. ESRB is crazy)

Shizuka

If only I could get Super Mario 3D Land with my Club Nintendo coins, I'd stop trying to get through the website.

Man just finished Life is Strange, it is an awesome experience. It's so refreshing not having to deal with Telltales technical issues. Can't wait for March. I told my self I wouldn't buy episodic games individually, but apparently I am weak willed.

Ventara

Welp, just preordered Noire and ordered Re;Birth as well. $180 CDN. I'm a slave to Vita LEs.

If only I could get Super Mario 3D Land with my Club Nintendo coins, I'd stop trying to get through the website.

They're not gonna run out of digital games, so I suggest just waiting a few days until the site is stable again.

Omerta

Quick drop-in question:

Anyone know if hotline miami 2 will get a physical release on the vita anywhere in the world...

Australian vita owner here :)

jvm

Gamasutra.
Tomorrow can't come soon enough. On the other hand, still knee-deep in Fim Grandango, and enjoying it immensely, so I'm not that in need of new games.

Still, gimme.

ZeroAKA

Tomorrow can't come soon enough. On the other hand, still knee-deep in Fim Grandango, and enjoying it immensely, so I'm not that in need of new games.

Still, gimme.
You're that excited for Criminal Girls? Or this about SpongeBob HeroPants?

Welp, just preordered Noire and ordered Re;Birth as well. $180 CDN. I'm a slave to Vita LEs.

I wish I ordered them together and save another $35 on shipping. QQ

EDIT: Just noticed that added First-Class International shipping. Glad they listened to requests.

jvm

Gamasutra.
You're that excited for Criminal Girls? Or this about SpongeBob HeroPants?
Uh. Wow. I'll take Ø for $1000, Alex.

Hey, I'm excited too.
No. Just no.

Spongebob obviously since its the game that'll singlehandedly save the vita.
I approve of shovelware for the PSV, if only because it means there's life still left in the system.

He refused to buy Brandish. Can you believe it?
Haha. Yes. This is the measure of my character. ;)

Ventara

I wish I ordered them together and save another $35 on shipping. QQ

EDIT: Just noticed that added First-Class International shipping. Glad they listened to requests.

$35 shipping?! That is some cray-cray right there. I would've nope'd right out of the store if it was that just for 1.

$35 shipping?! That is some cray-cray right there. I would've nope'd right out of the store if it was that just for 1.

Yeah, I ordered Re;birth2 when they didn't have First-Class up (USD$31.20 for Priority). ;A;

At least the Canadian dollar was a little bit stronger at the time so I did save a little, lol

pariah164

... One of my best friends just threatened bodily harm if I buy Ayesha over Muramasa: Rebirth.

He was joking, of course, but it's true I never played Muramasa.

autoduelist

Thanks guys. I do like SRPG, but I'm more of a story over gameplay person. It's just hard to watch someone play a game and see if I'd like it. I think I'll check it out from gamestop. If I don't like it I can a refund, though I have to make sure it's used.

I absolutely love the game, but if you're story over gameplay, I don't know that you need to bother? The story is fine, but it's nothing spectacular. The game shines on the tactical front once you fully grok it. The story is better than some jrpgs I've played, but only in that it didn't annoy me, not that I actually enjoyed it. But for reference, there's only a handful of jrpgs where I actually felt at all engaged by the story (chrono trigger, and.... um... skies of arcadia... and... hrm, maybe the beginning of Rogue Galaxy (gave up on it) and... DQ VIII... and I think that's it.).

^ 'course I do

Yes, censorship is trash, and I doubt it ever results in people who don't like X actually buying the game. Allegedly it's to do with the ESRB. ...considering what Rebirth 2 does and gets a Teen I just find it a bit hard to believe though. (Speaking of I have no idea why it's teen now instead of Mature. ESRB is crazy)

I don't think games get censored to try to spark more sales from those that weren't going to buy it over said issues - I think any sane business realizes those are lost sales. I think they [very] lightly censor in order to:
1) appease the pitchfork wielders and shut them up
2) gather hype that it was so crazy it 'needed' censorship in the first place
in the knowledge that 99% of people who are interested in the genre and don't care one way or the other about the controversial content are going to buy it regardless of censorship, and this just creates hype.

That is to say, it's just PR. Controversy sells.

bobawesome

Yeah I don't think I'll be doing that lol. If it was less than a quid it might be in that impulse territory, but nah. Maybe I'll watch a full playthrough on youtube. Should provide a close enough experience to playing it.

Shucks. It could've been something to bond over.

Honestly, I'm not sure why I didn't think to do that, too. I may just do that tonight. After I finish this paper. So tired.

... One of my best friends just threatened bodily harm if I buy Ayesha over Muramasa: Rebirth.

Muramasa is cool but Ayesha looks cooler.

RK128

I saw gameplay from the game that shall not be named...and it doesn't look to bad :). I like the art style to it (nice colors and when their is cut-scenes and the character portraits have life to them).

The battle system is interesting, as you have to do extra stuff before you give your party commands :D.....if that was well.....more traditional :l. If it was Persona-esc where you could talk to your party and encourage them to keep on fighting with smart character choices, but here.....you 'suggest' your party keep fighting :l. Seems quite silly to me (as it is just there to push the games 'mature' factor') but whatever :l.

Overall, from the little I've seen from the game, it doesn't seem nearly as horrid as the rest of Gaf states it is :). It is just a interesting, abit odd, dungeon crawler. I do understand why the original thread of the game was closed and why there is rules about the game 'to not be spoken of' though.

Either way, a interesting release that is part of a new wave of Vita games coming tomorrow :D.

I wonder if that SpongeBob game will be good or not....

Renpatsu

Quick drop-in question:

Anyone know if hotline miami 2 will get a physical release on the vita anywhere in the world...

Australian vita owner here :)
Extremely doubtful. Your best bet is obtaining the PC version.
(Or if you REALLY need it on Vita, create a US PSN account and buy it)

RK128

I don't know why, but I'm a little excited for Kick & Fennick.

I'm looking forward to that too :D. It reminds me a lot of the Ratchet games but just in 2D....that is really cool in my book :). I just wonder how the game is going to play like though :l. It seems to be exploration-focused 2D platformer.....but, outside of that, we know little too nothing about the game :l.

Either way, a 'free' game is a free game, so I'm excited to try it out after my classes tomorrow (if there even IS classes at my college tomorrow; the snow completely drenched the place X(, so I wonder if their will even be any classes tomorrow :l).

RK128

I'm willing to try anything at least once after Metrico.

THAT was a great surprise for me :); the game was a lot of fun from what I played of it. Got quite far in the game before I stopped playing it and while I didn't beat it, it was a blast to play through it :). One of the better games I've gotten through PS+ for the Vita I think :).

The game had a great style to it and the way it uses all the Vita's features felt very natural to me (mostly....some parts bothered me a bit :l).

Chuy

Acitivision is completely mental.
Agreed.

This is easy to explain. They're releasing The Definitive Version for those platforms closer to Xmas.
Knowing how money hungry they are that makes complete sense really.

I'd go with whatever you'd enjoy more and want first. You can't go wrong either way.

So i think my ps3 hard drive is on it's last legs as all my digital games are not fully loading anymore. Does anybody know of any places that sell compatible ps3 hard drive or know of any good ones for around $50-60?

pariah164

I'd go with whatever you'd enjoy more and want first. You can't go wrong either way.
That's what I figure. Muramasa looks like something I'd really just relax and enjoy though; it's by the same company that made Odin Sphere right?

Producer

That's what I figure. Muramasa looks like something I'd really just relax and enjoy though; it's by the same company that made Odin Sphere right?

yup, Vanillaware. Muramasa was okay, but Dragons Crown is much better imo. I know they arent exactly the same, but yeah.

Man just finished Life is Strange, it is an awesome experience. It's so refreshing not having to deal with Telltales technical issues. Can't wait for March. I told my self I wouldn't buy episodic games individually, but apparently I am weak willed.

I'm seeing a lot of praise for this game. Usually for these episodic things I wait because Telltale usually has fantastic deals on the whole package (only reason I'm waiting for Game of Thrones), but there's a lot of praise being thrown at it, and I have enough money in my wallet to get it and the season pass... Will have to try the demo I guess.

Definitely go for Muramasa Rebirth: The Complete Edition. Great game that comes bundled with the DLC at a very reasonable price.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
wow arcsystemworksu (strangely compelling) was indeed lying again i cant believe it shocking!!

Hikami

Playing Persona 4 on the PS2 after like.. I don't know, it's been around 4 years since I last played it maybe.

Loving it all over again since I've forgotten most of the story/dialogue. I feel like I should be playing Persona 4 Golden instead but, won't have the money for that til next week. Can't stop playing this though..
Maybe the PS+ games later today will get me to put it down til I can get Golden.

Either way, pretty damn excited for the Persona stream coming up.

Top Bottom