• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Takao

Banned
lol atlus. Glad I don't care about these, they annoy me enough as it is. IS there some reason this SPECIFIC single game got all the bullshit?

They did a fairly simultaneous launch in NA and JP and were worried about reverse importation.

A good question is why they felt compelled to have the NA and JP dates so close together. It's not industry or Atlus norm.

antibolo

Banned
They did a fairly simultaneous launch in NA and JP and were worried about reverse importation.

A good question is why they felt compelled to have the NA and JP dates so close together. It's not industry or Atlus norm.

It's the current standard for Arc System Works fighters.

Guilty Gear Xrd launched in Japan and NA two weeks from each other, and both versions are identical and fully bilingual.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Only as far as finishing the second night.

Tbh, I'm not really feeling it yet. I'm only sticking with it because people with similar tastes to me seem to like it.
Gameplay wise I think it's one of the most well crafted and content packed puzzle games I've ever played and has a fantastic difficulty curve. Add to that the super weirdness and intriguing unique story, and you've got a fantastic overall package.

I say give it time. There just might be that point when the mechanics clck with you, and I think story wise it should grab your attention pretty soon. Make sure to talk to eveyone in the bar and on the landings. One of the coolest things about the game is listening to everyones stories and helping to inspire hem. There's lots of character and it can be pretty interesting. I got really sucked in to the world and felt that connection with the characters.

How many handhelds can you have activated on one PSN account at a time? I thought it was two, so I deactivated one of the PSPs from it when I got my Vita, but looking on Google it seems to be saying you can have 3 handheld devices activated at once.

Is that the case? I only really want it activated on the PSP for Dissidia DLC, because I have a physical copy of it.

antibolo

Banned
How many handhelds can you have activated on one PSN account at a time? I thought it was two, so I deactivated one of the PSPs from it when I got my Vita, but looking on Google it seems to be saying you can have 3 handheld devices activated at once.

Is that the case? I only really want it activated on the PSP for Dissidia DLC, because I have a physical copy of it.

They upped it to three with the release of the PSTV (the PSTV is counted as a handheld).

I currently have a PSP, a Vita and a PSTV activated to my account.

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires will have some kind of free version:
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires Free Alliances Version is coming in March. This will allow players to import save data from previously saved Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires games for PlayStation 3 or PlayStation 4.

Additionally, the Free Alliances Version (FAV) will allow players to play in Free or Edit Mode, and PlayStation Plus users can even play in Empire Mode or Free Mode online with other players.

FAV’s Players who wish to expand their options can choose to purchase additional Edit Mode parts. Further details regarding FAV and save data importing will be released on the official website in the coming days.
https://www.facebook.com/koeigames/photos/a.224463376162.179499.48306691162/10153043206856163/

I finished LocoRoco 2 yesterday and I was wondering why there never was a Vita instalment?
Together with Patapon, it seemed like a sure bet those franchises would get Vita games.

SerTapTap

I finished LocoRoco 2 yesterday and I was wondering why there never was a Vita instalment?
Together with Patapon, it seemed like a sure bet those franchises would get Vita games.

This was honestly my number one reason for being excited for the Vita. Loco Roco and Patapon were the best. A friend kept borrowing my PSP to play Loco Roco but refused to buy anything that wasn't Nintendo =/

Xenoflare

lol atlus. Glad I don't care about these, they annoy me enough as it is. IS there some reason this SPECIFIC single game got all the bullshit?

Top of page buy everything in the Vita sale I don't know

Fear of reverse importation perhaps.

Atlus is weird sometimes.

Funnily enough the Japanese version seems to actually have full English voice acting but only Japanese texts. While the English version only have Japanese battle voices for netplay purposes

Maid

Banned

There have been complaining about the Japanese always get those fighting games earlier and has the advantage over the others place, and since their games are accepted for EVO, I guess they don't want to be called unfair again and again.

Still bullshit for removing game's feature, though.

deadfolk

Gameplay wise I think it's one of the most well crafted and content packed puzzle games I've ever played and has a fantastic difficulty curve. Add to that the super weirdness and intriguing unique story, and you've got a fantastic overall package.

I say give it time. There just might be that point when the mechanics clck with you, and I think story wise it should grab your attention pretty soon. Make sure to talk to eveyone in the bar and on the landings. One of the coolest things about the game is listening to everyones stories and helping to inspire hem. There's lots of character and it can be pretty interesting. I got really sucked in to the world and felt that connection with the characters.

Yeah, I'll probably spend a bit more time on it tonight and see how I go. My biggest problem is probably that I'm not a huge fan of timed puzzles.

They upped it to three with the release of the PSTV (the PSTV is counted as a handheld).

I currently have a PSP, a Vita and a PSTV activated to my account.

Sweet. I'll reactivate my PSP and reinstall Dissidia then. I couldn't bear not using the FFIV sprite costume for Cecil :lol.

Bloody Nine

Neo Member
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone in this thread could help me with a problem I'm having with my ps4? I picked up infamous second son last night and after downloading the update for the game played for about three or four hours. Today, however, when I booted up my PS4 it's trying to download the same update again, and when I start the game without updating features like the 30fps lock and photo mode (which were part of the update) are gone. Because the console is still trying to download The Last of Us in the background(seriously, is there no way to pause this!?) and because of my already slow download speed it looks like it's going to take a couple of hours to download this update. Is this like a normal thing the ps4 does (just picked it up last week, so I have no idea) or is there something I can do to fix this so PS4 will stop downloading the same update every time I want to play the game?

bobohoro

Thanks guys, looks like I'll be picking it up then!

EU? I'm not playing that often right now and am pretty bad at the game, but if you want some fights online, I'd be interested!

Having several weeks of time advantage for some regions can be pretty devastating to the communities of competitive games.

Maid

Banned
Yeah, the whole year so far has been great with announcements. Really happy about the Vita's future.

The problem has always been: "How many will actually come over, and when?". The Vita's support in Japan is one thing I never have doubt, but we can't say about other regions.

The left/right arrows are for switching to the control scheme screen, not to adjust volume.

Thanks very much for pointing this out for me. I went back and played htoL#NiQ with physical controls. I still don't like it much, but I did go and update my review to admit I was wrong about it being touchscreen-only.

The problem has always been: "How many will actually come over, and when?". The Vita's support in Japan is one thing I never have doubt, but we can't say about other regions.

I believe. :) Of course not all games will come over, but I see a decent chance that a good number will. Just from my perspective I doubt that I won't have enough to play.

Shizuka

As long as we get japanese games, we'll get XSEED, NISA, Atlus and Aksys to bring them over.

SerTapTap

Do Japan gamers really dislike Idea Factory?

Most IF/Compile Heart haters I see are western gamers who have never played/only played one of their very early games or have no sense of humor/don't accept humor in games as valid

If anything recent months make me more not less optimistic about localizations. Even bamco seems to have realized that people outside of Japan buy video games after Sword Art.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone in this thread could help me with a problem I'm having with my ps4? I picked up infamous second son last night and after downloading the update for the game played for about three or four hours. Today, however, when I booted up my PS4 it's trying to download the same update again, and when I start the game without updating features like the 30fps lock and photo mode (which were part of the update) are gone. Because the console is still trying to download The Last of Us in the background(seriously, is there no way to pause this!?) and because of my already slow download speed it looks like it's going to take a couple of hours to download this update. Is this like a normal thing the ps4 does (just picked it up last week, so I have no idea) or is there something I can do to fix this so PS4 will stop downloading the same update every time I want to play the game?

Press X over a download in the list to pause it. If it didn't successfully download the update it will try again. Leave the PS4 in Rest mode not "power off" and it should download fine in the background and resume downloads if you start instead of redownloading. Sounds weird, I've never had it re-download something like that, but I would pause TLOU and make sure the smaller update installs and works, then reboot. Maybe rebuild the database if that doesn't work, it shouldn't be redownloading it every time or anything.

Most IF/Compile Heart haters I see are western gamers who have never played/only played one of their very early games or have no sense of humor/don't accept humor in games as valid

I think this rumor stems from this quote

In Japan, Idea Factory (アイディアファクトリー) is so renowned for making kusoge it's affectionately referred to as Idea Fuck (アイディアファック); not so much the place where ideas are born, rather where they go to be ruined.
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kusoge/kusoge01.htm

Maid

Banned
There are still many titles I want to see in English though. We only get about a third of Japanese stuffs.

Do Japan gamers really dislike Idea Factory?

Where did you get this idea?

[edit]
I see.
However I can hardly see it as the truth, though, considering their output and the steady amount of fanbase. That could be a word pun that somehow got spread unintentionally, like some on NeoGaf.

SerTapTap

There are still many titles I want to see in English though. We only get about a third of Japanese stuffs.

Where did you get this idea?

Isn't it mostly VNs we don't get? Visual Novels are in an extremely awkward place for localization because they're extremely niche but have extremely high amounts of effort required for even a text-only localization. (that was a very extreme sentence)

Takao

Banned
Having several weeks of time advantage for some regions can be pretty devastating to the communities of competitive games.

There have been complaining about the Japanese always get those fighting games earlier and has the advantage over the others place, and since their games are accepted for EVO, I guess they don't want to be called unfair again and again.

Then there's Europe ...

Bloody Nine

Neo Member
Press X over a download in the list to pause it. If it didn't successfully download the update it will try again. Leave the PS4 in Rest mode not "power off" and it should download fine in the background and resume downloads if you start instead of redownloading. Sounds weird, I've never had it re-download something like that, but I would pause TLOU and make sure the smaller update installs and works, then reboot. Maybe rebuild the database if that doesn't work, it shouldn't be redownloading it every time or anything.
Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. The update downloaded successfully last night, and I was able to play for about three or four hours with everything working fine and the update installed. Today, however, the update completely vanished from my game (photo mode and 30fps lock are gone) and it's trying to download again. Also, I already downloaded the initial ten or so GB of The Last of Us required to start the game. The download now only shows up in the information tab of the game. Is there any way to pause that, because I'm not seeing the option to?

Maid

Banned
Isn't it mostly VNs we don't get? Visual Novels are in an extremely awkward place for localization because they're extremely niche but have extremely high amounts of effort required for even a text-only localization. (that was a very extreme sentence)

I'm treating those that has uncertain localization chance as a lost cause (hello Dungeon Travelers 2), not just VNs. There are also games with heavy amount of texts like Sen no Kiseki, or those with license problem (although Dengeki Bunko is a surprise), or the F2P games.

autoduelist

How is New Little King's Story? Is it vastly inferior compared to the Wii version (so I've heard)

Not at all. They changed the art style, which pissed some people off to high heaven who preferred the original. I like the newer version more, but either way that wouldn't really bother me.

There is slowdown with a full army in cities, but iirc wii had it's own issues.

Very playable on vita -- once you have a full army you won't be spending much time in your city anyway. The slowdown is absolutely terrible there, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't really affect the game.

The vita anniversary theme only goes for three screens down. Then it's just the ordinary background after that.

3rd year. 3 screens.
1 new screen per year.
Vita 10 year lifespan confirmed.
HL3 confirmed as well.

deadfolk

Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear. The update downloaded successfully last night, and I was able to play for about three or four hours with everything working fine and the update installed. Today, however, the update completely vanished from my game (photo mode and 30fps lock are gone) and it's trying to download again. Also, I already downloaded the initial ten or so GB of The Last of Us required to start the game. The download now only shows up in the information tab of the game. Is there any way to pause that, because I'm not seeing the option to?

You should be able to pause. I think you press options on the item in the downloads list.

SerTapTap

I believe Europe is pronounced "Release date: TBA" in Japanese

The vita anniversary theme only goes for three screens down. Then it's just the ordinary background after that.

You can pick the background for any one page from the selection the theme gives you. There's just a set cycle by default.

The Toro and friends theme looks nice on pictures but on my Vita it is such a cluttered design, I can't really make out anything :(

BTW, why did they change the default background color with the Vita slim? The blue looks so much better than grey.

This is the biggest problem I have with most Vita wallpapers. I tried putting some walls of my favorite characters but it's a pain to have to move skittles around to not block the wallpaper. One of the reasons the 20th anniversary one is great, it's a nice background but there's not much to block.

You can change the default "wave" colors to anything you like. But yes the blue looks better and whoever picked grey for the 2000 is a dumbbutt

Producer

jesus christ we got Tokyo Xanadu confirmed for vita then some info and a scan? best week ever.

2015 GOTY, 2016 GOTY again when we get it localized

This is the biggest problem I have with most Vita wallpapers. I tried putting some walls of my favorite characters but it's a pain to have to move skittles around to not block the wallpaper. One of the reasons the 20th anniversary one is great, it's a nice background but there's not much to block.

You can change the default "wave" colors to anything you like. But yes the blue looks better and whoever picked grey for the 2000 is a dumbbutt

I posted this not too long ago, but I don't even do themes because there's nothing decent...

16376085250_47cee5684b_c.jpg

If we got that Freedom Wars one that was posted here once, or the Danganronpa one, I'd totally buy them.

Shizuka

I'm having so much fun with Hyperdevotion Noire, much more compared to Rebirth. It should be the best Neptunia spin-off, at least until U comes out.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah, I'll probably spend a bit more time on it tonight and see how I go. My biggest problem is probably that I'm not a huge fan of timed puzzles.
If you're more of a fan of stop and figure out the solution puzzles without the pressure of having to be quick then I strongly recommend trying out the Rapunzel arcade game in the bar. 64 pure puzzle levels without the stage falling. Same mechanics as the main game but with limited moves instead of a timer. They're actually really well designed and offer a similar yet very different experience from the main stages.

Top Bottom