• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

deadfolk

If you're more of a fan of stop and figure out the solution puzzles without the pressure of having to be quick then I strongly recommend trying out the Rapunzel arcade game in the bar. 64 pure puzzle levels without the stage falling. Same mechanics as the main game but with limited moves instead of a timer. They're actually really well designed and offer a similar yet very different experience from the main stages.

To be honest, I'm not likely to spend the time with them. I'd rather just play through the main stuff to progress through the story. If I end up clicking with the game, I may go back and play Rapunzel afterwards - but I'd have to really love it. My backlog prevents me from faffing around on non-required parts of games.

I know that's a bad approach, as it's easy to just find yourself ploughing through games without enjoying them properly. It's probably why I didn't like Persona 3 as much as I should have. The problem is, there's just so many games I really want to play!

Semi-totp: Buy VLR, but play 999 first.

Oh thank god, it actually got here with no problems and came on release day:

B-oH3q4VIAApA5B.jpg:large

B-oH_NbUEAAp55V.jpg:large

Should've ordered an SE too and never opened this one, but that artbook was really good actually. It's like a deluxe print comic, really luster, hefty and solid feeling compared to most softcover artbooks I've gotten in LEs and the art was definitely worth perusing.

Will I be able to vote for Banned Game as GotM?

It actually is a really fun game.

SerTapTap

My firefly diary LE should be here today. I guess I'm playing it before Noire since that one got delayed. That's the same box design as Banned Game's LE. I suspect the art book is similar too. I hope they're not getting too lazy.

Will I be able to vote for Banned Game as GotM?

lol I'd vote for that (though it was actually Rebirth 2 for me) just for shits and giggles. You have my ax spikes.
I will forget this in 10 minutes and not actually vote for anything as always

Shizuka

I had fun with the game, for real. If I can't, I'll go with Hyperdevotion Noire, since I don't have my hands on my Firefly Diary limited edition just yet.

autoduelist

I just pick backgrounds that work well with the skittle positions. A game character far left, or far right, or middle often works really well.

I haven't even tried the themes because I prefer custom wallpapers hand picked by me.

I've long ago made peace with the skittles; I think I'd probably prefer rectangles or squares, but it would be weird if they switched now. I'd like more positions, I guess, though the fixed positions are forgivable.

I'd want more than 10 pages so I could have more 'dedication' pages (FF franchise, etc....) but I figure 10 pages is probably never going to change due to the need for the Vita OS to be blazing fast (which it is). I have a feeling many of the limitations -- number of skittles per page, number of total pages, etc. are there to enforce the OS being fast... the more you need to preload/keep in memory, the more likely there will be ramifications (load stutters, etc). I'm actually glad they figured out a way to give us folders at least.

And with the right backgrounds, I think the OS looks beautiful. I realize it looks pretty rough with the default background and some unorganized skittles, but once I put some time into it I love how my Vita looks and how amazingly the OS handles (flipping from top page to bottom page, then launching a game, then flipping to a browser, back to game, then back to first screen to open trophy app, etc). It's a shame it gets such a bad rap.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Anyone knows if the Telltale Game Collection that is on sale includes the future episodes of GoT and Borderlands ?

SerTapTap

Anyone knows if the Telltale Game Collection that is on sale includes the future episodes of GoT and Borderlands ?
It does, it somewhat-explicitly mentions the future episodes. You'll get 'em, just at release not now.

Firefly Diary must have some kind of week-one discount, it's already available for just $15:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...iary/cid=UP1063-PCSE00527_00-HOTARU0000000000

Wouldn't a discount look different? Or do only PS+ discounts show visibly?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
It does, it somewhat-explicitly mentions the future episodes. You'll get 'em, just at release not now.

Wouldn't a discount look different? Or do only PS+ discounts show visibly?

Awesome !! That's a nice deal for 44 bucks.

Takao

Banned
bandai namco is a weird ass company
they're one of the first to disable ps4 remote play with dragon ball xenoverse

i can understand the logic in doing that for a game that has a vita version you want people to buy
but xenoverse doesn't

Redhood

i can understand the logic in doing that for a game that has a vita version you want people to buy
but xenoverse doesn't

This makes no sense! SCAMCO is fitting again. Maybe its coming and they dont want to lose potential sales. New thread worthy?

SerTapTap

but xenoverse doesn't

What the fuck? I didn't even know that was possible. I thought they were turning cool, too.

Khronico

Kinda bummed DW8 Empires isn't on vita, I really liked DW7E and would've loved to play that on a portable system. Do any of the musou games on vita have a mode like Empires?

Garraboa

but xenoverse doesn't

WTF? Scamco works in misterious ways. Now Sony can't even sell Vita as a "Full-fledged Remote Play device" anymore.

Shizuka

but xenoverse doesn't

I did not know you could just up and disable remote play. I knew you could release the game without remote play optimizations, but not that you could disable it altogether.

SerTapTap

This makes no sense! SCAMCO is fitting again. Maybe its coming and they dont want to lose potential sales. New thread worthy?

Seems threadworthy to me, I didn't find any threads mentioning it. I can't find a reliable source article to post though, just lots of players saying WTF on reddit/gamefaqs/n4g

but xenoverse doesn't

Namco gonna namco.
fucking assholes

but xenoverse doesn't

Wait what lol. I thought the process was made easy thanks to the way the PS4 communicates to the Vita... Why would they do this lol.

Takao

Banned
Seems threadworthy to me, I didn't find any threads mentioning it. I can't find a reliable source article to post though, just lots of players saying WTF on reddit/gamefaqs/n4g

I didn't make a thread since I'm only basing it off the impressions of others right now. If someone here owns the game and finds it doesn't work, I'd suggest they make a thread.

antibolo

Banned
Oh fuck you Aksys.

UNIB is only $23.79 on PSN for the first week.

That's such an absolute dick move to people who pre-ordered a physical copy.

They pulled the same shit with AH3LM. I guess I should have known better by now.

Shizuka

Oh fuck you Aksys.

They pulled the same shit with AH3LM. I guess I should have known better by now.

They've been doing this for a year, it's nothing new. It's been happening since early last year.

Vita storefront looks like it's been updated (except with the discounts), but I want to know where I can find the new theme.

Producer

Oh fuck you Aksys.

this is why you never preorder anything. Anyways, they have done this already several times in the past. Should've known.

antibolo

Banned
VGP had not charged me yet, so I just submitted an order cancellation request. We'll see how it goes.

I vastly prefer physical to digital on PS3 (playing a digital game on somebody else's PS3 is a real hassle), but after tax and shipping this is like half the price, it's just absurd.

Oh fuck you Aksys.

They've been doing it for a year, and it probably won't stop anytime soon. They usually pick pretty awful release dates for their games and try to make up for them with these discounts. I'm considering getting Tokyo Twilight near release date because it almost certainly will have that week 1 discount.

Toro theme not showing up for me yet, oddly.

Garraboa

So I'm getting EDF, Metrico, PSASBR....and maybe COD? How's Putty Squad? There's a bunch of games I don't even want but might get because they're so damn cheap! (Orgarhythm, Sumioni, etc.)

Tizoc

So I'm getting EDF, Metrico, PSASBR....and maybe COD? How's Putty Squad? There's a bunch of games I don't even want but might get because they're so damn cheap! (Orgarhythm, Sumioni, etc.)

Get Dracula X Chronicles too! 3 games in 1, well you can speed it up by copy a save data to your Vita and getting the other 2 games ;D

SerTapTap

Metrico isn't terrible but it falls off the rails pretty hard. It has a few move-the-vita-all-around puzzles and touch things, I didn't find it very offensive until the camera bits, but some people just hate that stuff. I think they patched it to be less annoying later on but I'm not sure the details. I like the style but it's certainly not the best execution. Murasaki Baby is a much better game in the same vein (though it's also very short and it's not on sale).

I'm also wondering about DCX, I love SOTN to bits but I haven't been able to get into any of the other games. HD is clearly not designed for solo and I don't really like it at all, can't get into the pre-SOTN ones, haven't played the DS/GBA ones tohugh.

I didn't make a thread since I'm only basing it off the impressions of others right now. If someone here owns the game and finds it doesn't work, I'd suggest they make a thread.

Yeah I don't own it either which is why I hesitate to post.

Top Bottom