• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Hikami

Guess we won't be seeing the PS+ games today either huh..
image.php

oh you

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If not for the incredibly low price I would have been quite disappointed in the 3DS YGO game. It's the most barebones TCG game I have ever played.

Maid

Banned
Am I the sole member of VitaGAF that download and played Deadman's Cross? I can't believe it, the game is not bad at all and the F2P aspects don't feel restrictive like most similar games.

I played it for 30 minutes, got amazed with zombie nurse and zombie cleopatra, and realize I'd rather playing PAD & Summon Board than that game.

sell me on the game

It's Noire. You need no other reason.
But then I heard that's bad Noire.
I need someone to tell me she's still a Noire I love.
Maybe then I'll buy it.

It's Noire. You need no other reason.
But then I heard that's bad Noire.
I need someone to tell me she's still a Noire I love.
Maybe then I'll buy it.

Take this as you will, I liked the characters in Rebirth but the grindiness made me drop the game. I am very much enjoying this one, and Noire is a great lead character.

autoduelist

does anyone know if Conception 2 gets harder? I'm also getting quite sick of having to click through silly 'events' with the girls to increase their mood/relationship. i realize that stuff is the 'in' thing but for me it's painful. Rest talk talk talk talk rest talk talk talk talk. Ugh.

Combat system seems interesting though i don't totally understand it yet. Lots going on -- attacking from dangerous positions increases 'chain', positional weak points, ether count... though none of it seems to matter so far since I can power through any enemy using only physical attacks.

Team build also interesting -- hero + one girl, then up to 3 teams of 3 'children', so you basically create 3 more team members (each consisting of 3 classed children that can gain special skills depending on how you set them up -- ie, you could have a hunter / cleric / beserker team, or a thief/archer / magician team. they're all level capped at time of birth, but as you level up hero+heroine, you make more that can level even higher (ie, the first ones cap at 10 or so, eventually you'll make ones that cap at 99), and set the ones you got to reach their level cap free.

All very cool and interesting.... IF the game gets harder. if it doesn't, i'm not sure i can deal with clicking through the million dates i'm going to have to go on (which actually seem fairly well done and interesting for those that like that sort of thing, i just don't care).

other notes -- i like that you insta-kill mobs that you're too powerful for, though that does set off an ocd in me that makes me want to repeat a dungeon till i can auto-kill everything... though that would break the game even more.

--hate free movement in drpgs... i don't see the point in making me run around hallways and rooms. could be worse though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Conception 2 is just bad. It's not even that funny or clever with its crazy ass premise and the actual game is a chore to play.

Vylash

Conception 2's events are good and the girls are great, but it's not enought o justify the ridiculously tedious gameplay

Tohsaka

The main things I disliked about Conception 2 were the bland dungeons, and the lack of dual audio. The game itself was entertaining enough, I ended up getting the platinum trophy since it wasn't too much of a chore.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Conception 2's events are good and the girls are great, but it's not enought o justify the ridiculously tedious gameplay

I didn't think it was even that clever in the social bits. Reductive to the extreme. The gameplay though makes that part seem like heaven in comparison.

Luckily Mind Zero is on the Vita making Conception 2 look like Wizardry 8 in comparison.

bobawesome

I just tried the JoJo Eyes of Heaven demo. I have...no idea what just happened or what I was supposed to be doing. I think I'll just wait for the localization. I was under the assumption the game was a traditional fighter.

CrovaxPSO

Ended up opening a PayPal dispute with Nippon-Yasan since they still hadn't shipped the game I ordered and then not responding to my support ticket. They quickly refunded me and then closed my account, not that I would have ordered from them again after this. I just want to play Fuuraiki 3 :(

wilflare

Ended up opening a PayPal dispute with Nippon-Yasan since they still hadn't shipped the game I ordered and then not responding to my support ticket. They quickly refunded me and then closed my account, not that I would have ordered from them again after this. I just want to play Fuuraiki 3 :(

that's some awful customer service :/

Nabbed Miku 2nd, Castlevania DXC, Monster Monpiece, EDF2017. Will watch a few gameplay of the two Ateliers that I don't have or I'll go with the Miku Song club.

After ignoring my vita, now it is awashed with content again, both in the physical (Firefly's Diary LE, Stranger of the Sword city, Dengeki fighting) and the digital content.

wilflare

Nabbed Miku 2nd, Castlevania DXC, Monster Monpiece, EDF2017. Will watch a few gameplay of the two Ateliers that I don't have or I'll go with the Miku Song club.

After ignoring my vita, now it is awashed with content again, both in the physical (Firefly's Diary LE, Stranger of the Sword city, Dengeki fighting) and the digital content.

wait. Stranger of the Sword City is localised and out?!

autoduelist

The main things I disliked about Conception 2 were the bland dungeons, and the lack of dual audio. The game itself was entertaining enough, I ended up getting the platinum trophy since it wasn't too much of a chore.

Yeah, i essentially only care about the combat/leveling/dungeon mechanics in drpgs. I can play them in ascii, so art doesn't matter. I play them on mute, so sound doesn't matter. I don't give a damn about the characters/romances, i just click through all that (i prefer western style 'blank slates' with no back story but my imagination).

The combat mechanics in Conception 2 seem like they could be cool -- there's all that chaining and ether stuff that seems to 'speed up' your team, there's positional based attacks, attacking head on gives chain bonuses but puts you at risk, etc. and i like how you can create 3 'characters' by combining 9 units and getting cool side effects. it's a nice, unique touch that reminds me of soul nomad.

my only issue is that so far it's so easy I haven't even had to think about any of that. if it gets harder, and i need to really dig in to the mechanics, i'll keep playing. if it stays easy and i can auto-attack win throughout the game, i'll quit. that's why i liked mind zero - the combat stayed relatively challenging/engaging throughout due to the demon mechanic and auto-battle made any backtracking a breeze, as it should be. it had its issues, sure, but i had fun. so far conception 2 is either a) autobattle or b) insta-kill due to 'god's poke'. that's no fun at all.

I just want to play Fuuraiki 3 :(

Sorry to hear about the troubles you're having. I've never had any problems with Nippon Yasan before.

If you ever do get the game, please let me know what you think of it, and in particular whether it's playable with very little Japanese knowledge. I know two thirds of the game would be lost on me (the VN sections and the uploading-to-the-internet sections), but the thought of driving round Japanese countryside taking pictures is really appealing to me.

SerTapTap

update: after viewing character models, I am now interested in Cyber Sleuth again

I wonder which character models those would be

More seriously, until the last trailer, I didn't know there was a female main character option, glad to see that

Love the visuals in this game. Totally glad I got the LE with the artbook.

Worth the $30 just for the look and artbook for me. Will finish it over the weekend probably. I'm glad I bought a Vita 2000...I'm currently using the PS TV for Noire, the 2000 for Firefly and the 1000 for Criminal Girls (RPG grind helps me sleep, firefly is NOT a game I want to play in bed).

antibolo

Banned
No, it was not localized yet.

It was part of my "unlocalized games itch". Although Dengeki got localized which irk me for a while.

That reminds me, I gotta sell off my Japanese PS3 copy of DBFC on eBay while it's still worth something.

Hopefully I can get more from it than the localized version will cost lol

Crap. Taking a break from playing rhythm games made me slower. I'm having trouble finishing a normal song in F 2nd while I can't clear the 2nd club mix in DJMAX. What's next, I can't finish the harder songs in Cytus?

I need to git gud.

antibolo

Banned
Crap. Taking a break from playing rhythm games made me slower. I'm having trouble finishing a normal song in F 2nd while I can't clear the 2nd club mix in DJMAX. What's next, I can't finish the harder songs in Cytus?

I need to git gud.

Which Normal song? Is it Clockwork Clown, by any chance??

deadfolk

I need to git gud.

Play SK: Bon Apetit. That will make you feel better.

In many ways.

Top Bottom