• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Xenoflare

Happy new year everyone!

Here's to hoping Vita
not getting obsolete by the end of the year.

Also on a positive note I hope I can save enough for a PS4+HDMI monitor setup.

bobohoro

New thread, another happy new year from me.

Still not on the wall of shame, should try harder in 2015.

This month I'll only probably get Aeysha+. Depending on how much I enjoy Re;Birth1 in the end, I might get Re;Birth2 as well. And Brandish, if it releases.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Happy new year!

The talking about Sturmtruppen in the old thread reminded me that i really wanted a metal slug-ish Strurmtruppen game
Think of the gameplay of Metal Slug:
MSC-03.jpg

The graphics of valiant Hearts
valianthearts1-1920x1080.jpg

and the characters from Sturmtruppen

damn :\

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Happy new year everyone!

Here's to hoping Vita

Also on a positive note I hope I can save enough for a PS4+HDMI monitor setup.

Nah in the West maybe, but here in Japan it will be running long for a while seeing that its taken over the PSPs role which had predicted a long while back.

Still think Sony should release a final model with L2 / R2 triggers if they really want to push remote play more and ditch the useless rear touchpad. Still think that whoever thought that was a good idea better be kept far away as possible from hardware development.

Only issue is Id imagine would be a more costly unit to produce due to the new molding / construction required. Will have to see how things go with software that support remote play also in the future.

Its a nice dream of mine but realistically do not think Sony will do anything that drastic yet.

Xenoflare

Nah in the West maybe, but here in Japan it will be running long for a while seeing that its taken over the PSPs role which had predicted a long while back.

Still think Sony should release a final model with L2 / R2 triggers if they really want to push remote play more and ditch the useless rear touchpad. Still think that whoever thought that was a good idea better be kept far away as possible from hardware development.

Only issue is Id imagine would be a more costly unit to produce due to the new molding / construction required. Will have to see how things go with software that support remote play also in the future.

Its a nice dream of mine but realistically do not think Sony will do anything that drastic yet.

I think my definition of that needs to be elaborated, I agree with you for the most part in the west but as long as Vita is still pumping out those Japanese games I am completely fine, I just hope that there are going to be at least two or three physical titles so I won't have space issues. It is pretty much dead to the general public in the west, I don't think that will change. Since it takes more than a miracle to turn that around.

Call me an naive optimist but I do think the Japanese games in general on the vita have a small yet very passionate fanbase to make localization worthwhile.

My games for 2015

Confirmed releases:
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Bastion
Persona 4 Dancing All Night

Hoping to see localization:
God eater 2
Samurai Warriors 4-2

Hoping to see it happen:
Soul Sacrifice 2
Gravity Rush 2

In my dream land:
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Final Fantasy XII
Dissidia Vita

Parakeetman

We are all going broke this year with the amount of release coming out thats for sure.

I think my definition of that needs to be elaborated, I agree with you for the most part in the west but as long as Vita is still pumping out those Japanese games I am completely fine, I just hope that there are going to be at least two or three physical titles so I won't have space issues. It is pretty much dead to the general public in the west, I don't think that will change. Since it takes more than a miracle to turn that around.

Call me an naive optimist but I do think the Japanese games in general on the vita have a small yet very passionate fanbase to make localization worthwhile.

I think the issue is in order to get some of the releases out to you guys and pubs know generally what the userbase looks like for their titles, is what drives them to do digital for titles instead of all the things that come with going physical.

If anything at least, NISA still seems to be quite strong on physical releases as they are pretty good about managing their stock so to speak and prepping packages that folks will pick up most def seeing how all of their LE stuff usually goes pretty fast.

Sony really needs to get their head out of their ass and just release the 64GB card in the West too at a reasonable price. Since them sitting around in warehouses in Japan isnt making them any money thats for sure. And larger sized cards = more games people buy from the PSN / SEN economy therefore causing a full circle to be had with profits. (in a simple sense)

Parakeetman

christ sorry folks double post, meant to CNP this into the post above. :/ need to stop that bad habit of mine.

igor

My games for 2015

Confirmed releases:
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Bastion
Persona 4 Dancing All Night

Hoping to see localization:
God eater 2
Samurai Warriors 4-2

Hoping to see it happen:
Soul Sacrifice 2
Gravity Rush 2

In my dream land:
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Final Fantasy XII
Dissidia Vita

Pretty much this, especially the dream bit :eek:

Nintendo has shown it can turn the tables around, Sony is plain lazy and borderline moronic with the way they handle Vita - all of their consoles really.

I can't possibly afford to pay for 80 euro 64 gb card in any shape of form - it's just not going to happen. Sony needs to lower these incongruous prices because more and more releases will probably be digital only and if that's the case Vita will be just too expensive endeavour for me. :(

Xenoflare

Pretty much this, especially the dream bit :eek:

Nintendo has shown it can turn the tables around, Sony is plain lazy and borderline moronic with the way they handle Vita - all of their consoles really.

I can't possibly afford to pay for 80 euro 64 gb card in any shape of form - it's just not going to happen. Sony needs to lower these incongruous prices because more and more releases will probably be digital only and if that's the case Vita will be just too expensive endeavour for me. :(

As much as I love my Vita, the 3ds is blasting it in full force.

I have 40+ hours logged on Persona Q right now.

80 euros for a 64 GB card is insane, I can't even swallow the $80 32GB

I know that there are cheaper ways to look for this, but it's about the MSRP

I assume they inked the PS+ deal after they said the 13th/14th, and it's coming with the rest on the 6th/7th - I haven't seen any late entries into the IGC before (aside from delays).

Yes! Dennation Games just confirmed via Twitter that the release date of Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition for both PS3 and PS Vita is January 6th, free with PS+ both versions it seems

bobohoro

As much as I love my Vita, the 3ds is blasting it in full force.

While I think that my 3DS has gotten more high quality titles overall, I definitely play and have played my Vita more, and purchased more games on it, undoubtly also due to digital sales. I still dream about combining them, sorta like a mecha, so I get the base hardware of the Vita, SD cards and a unified online shop with all software available for both. And get me all those classic games I want, but that's where both are lacking, VC and PSX classics. It's scary how awesome a perfect handheld could be.

Gamerloid

Happy New Years peeps.
2015 - The year of Gamerloid. Bet on it.

Also, anyone here doing real pic January?
We are all going broke this year with the amount of release coming out thats for sure.

I'm actually getting really good at budgeting when it comes to video games. My backlog keeps me from buying new games now, and the platinums are enticing.

autoduelist

Happy new year everyone!

Here's to hoping Vita

No chance. Why would releases magically dry up when they're still getting announced regularly? Reports of it's death have long been exaggerated, all the parties currently making games for it have all the same reasons to continue making games for it (namely, it's profitable).

SerTapTap

No chance. Why would releases magically dry up when they're still getting announced regularly? Reports of it's death have long been exaggerated, all the parties currently making games for it have all the same reasons to continue making games for it (namely, it's profitable).

I think Vita will stay around at LEAST as long as PS4. They really have no reason to pull support without making a follow up, especially not with it being a great compliment to PS4 and regularly getting games. People are crazy, you'd think it was an N-Gage the way people talk (which had less than 60 titles).

incpdo

I think Vita will stay around at LEAST as long as PS4. They really have no reason to pull support without making a follow up, especially not with it being a great compliment to PS4 and regularly getting games. People are crazy, you'd think it was an N-Gage the way people talk (which had less than 60 titles).

Vita is getting stronger as time passes slowly will get its install base growing year by year,I see more and more people wanting a Vita now. even thou will never reach 3ds, im pretty sure it will not be a Game Gear case.
3DS is an awesome machine but i have around 30 games vs more than 200 on vita. IDK Vita is doing some profit due to the amazing attach rate and as long as we get more and more games that will not stop.

SerTapTap

Yeah isn't the Vita attach rate supposed to be ridiculous? (and they never count PS+ in those numbers). I only have more PHYSICAL games on 3DS than Vita and that's only due to not trusting Nintendo with digital content. I'm sure I have more games released at retail and games in general on Vita, and I certainly play it more.

Played Remote Play over the internet for the first time last night, pretty amazing. Even over a bad connection I played an event of Driveclub and didn't do too much worse than usual, and played Peggle 2 perfectly fine. Couple frames of lag probably due to using the phone's 3G as the connection, but quite impressive for what the connection was. It also handles disconnects very gracefully, my only complaints about remote play are the games that don't customize/let you customize controls for it at all, and the long startup on Vita. Also it's fantastic it doesn't force you to close your Vita game (though if I could close my Vita game to log on faster I usually would.)

SerTapTap

Corpse Party has controls? I thought it was a VN. I'm mildly interested but never really feel like taking the plunge on those. I kinda wish they all had demos like Ghost Trick (not quite a VN but...) does on iOS, that hooked me right quick.

I forgot that Soul Sacrifice was such a rough looking game.

It looks MOSTLY great though the ground textures are way too low res, I'd say it's inconsistent more than anything. Also the player clothes options are ridiculous at least for women. And not like "kind of amusing" type ridiculous like Freedom Wars

bobawesome

It looks MOSTLY great though the ground textures are way too low res, I'd say it's inconsistent more than anything. Also the player clothes options are ridiculous at least for women. And not like "kind of amusing" type ridiculous like Freedom Wars

I've gotten used to the way it looks but it was a bit of a shock after not having played it for a little over a year.
I have to say that I prefer the female clothing options if only because of the ridiculous hunter raiment, which I'm currently sporting.

SSD looks noticeably better.

That's great to hear as I may be picking it up down the road. Everything I've read about Delta sounds much improved.

Corpse Party has controls? I thought it was a VN. I'm mildly interested but never really feel like taking the plunge on those. I kinda wish they all had demos like Ghost Trick (not quite a VN but...) does on iOS, that hooked me right quick.

While it is a VN, it does have some first person controls. I was just not comfortable with them, granted I only played a couple of minutes.

Yasumi

Banned
The first one, Blood Covered, plays like a classic SNES JRPG. Top-down four directional movement. Book of Shadows is a first-person point-and-click adventure game. No battles in either, just solving puzzles and avoiding traps. You should at least play Blood Covered, it's wonderful.

Producer

i knew xseed wouldnt leave us hanging with Blood Drive. Damn i am so hyped right now. one of the reasons i got a vita was to be able to play this game

RK128

Happy new year Vita Gaf :D! While last year had its ups and downs for the Vita (*cough*Sony not caring about the Vita*cough*), it was a great year for the Vita in my book :).

Lots of great sales, being part of a great community here, and being part of a lot of major events (E3, TGS, PSX, ect) :'). Thank you Gaf for letting me be part of the community and I can't wait for more great times here this year :D.

The last games I played in 2014 was Breath of Fire 4, Alundra, Smash 3DS and Child of Light Vita :).

Lets have another great year for the Vita guys :D!

Parakeetman

So many otome games.

Pretty much thats all that was holding up the last of the PSP during its final run with titles. Was quite impressive too, seeing how many came out in rapid succession.

Though from what I understand a lot of those gamers moved over to the Vita when Dangan Ronpa 1 & 2 came out. So Id imagine all of those companies will be following suit and shift with the market.

jzbluz

So many otome games.

Pretty much thats all that was holding up the last of the PSP during its final run with titles. Was quite impressive too, seeing how many came out in rapid succession.

Though from what I understand a lot of those gamers moved over to the Vita when Dangan Ronpa 1 & 2 came out. So Id imagine all of those companies will be following suit and shift with the market.

PSP is still getting some major otome games in 2015.

Yes! Dennation Games just confirmed via Twitter that the release date of Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition for both PS3 and PS Vita is January 6th, free with PS+ both versions it seems

I figured as much. :)

Pulled this from GameFaqs sooo... Idk if it's that accurate or not, but it looks about right, it's missing some indie stuff though:
-snip-

Here you go, a full Q1 list (though I might have missed a recent announcement or two);
January

Woah! Dave <Jan 6th/7th>
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition <January 6th/7th>
Atelier Ayesha Plus - NA/EU <January 14th>
Citizens of Earth <January 20th>
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky - JP <January 22nd>
Kaleido-Eve - JP <January 22nd>
Root Rexx - JP <January 22nd>
The Stranger of the Village of the Sword: White Palace - JP <January 22nd>
Rugby 15 <January 23rd>
Gim Fandango <January 27th>
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation <Jan 27th - NA>
Diabolik Lovers: More Blood Limited V Edition - JP <January 29th>
Durarara!! Relay - JP <January 29th>
Hitotsu Tobashi Ren'ai V - JP <January 29th>
Kokujo no Psychedelica - JP <January 29th>
Kurogane Kaikitan - JP <January 29th>
Baboon! - EU <January>
Destroyer Trillion - JP <January>
Fat Princess: Piece of Cake <January>
La Mulana EX - NA/EU <January>

February

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation <Feb 6th - EU>
Samurai Warriors 4-II - JP <February 11th>
Ukiyo no Roushi - JP<February 11th>
Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai: Library Party - JP <February 12th>
Fuuraiki 3 - JP <February 19th>
God Eater 2: Rage Burst - JP <February 19th>
htoL #NiQ: The Firefly Diary - NA/EU <February 24th/25th>
Captain Earth: Mind Labyrinth - JP <February 26th>
Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru: Memory of the Sea of Trees - JP <February 26th>
Krinkle Krusher <February>
Otoko Yuukaku - JP <February>

March

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters - NA <March 10th>
Higurashi When They Cry Sui - JP <March 12th>
Norn9: Norn + Nonette Last Era <March 19th>
Deception IV: Another Princess - JP <March 26th>
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - JP <March 26th>
Friend to Lover - JP <March 26th>
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - JP <March 26th>
Senran Kagura Estival Versus: Shoujotachi no Sentaku - JP <March 26th>
Sword Art Online: Lost Song - JP <March 26th>
MLB 15: The Show <March 31st>
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 6 - JP <March>
Red Goddess: Inner World <March>

Q1 Unspecified

Blood Alloy: Reborn <Q1>
Deadman's Cross - JP <Winter>
Deemo: The Last Recital - JP <Winter>
Hand of Fate <Q1>
Hero Fortress Bagooon!!! - JP <Winter>
Metal Slug 3 <Winter>
Reel Fishing: Master&#8217;s Challenge <Winter>
Rise of Mana - JP <Winter>
RoboDora: Robo vs. Dragon - JP <Winter>
Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype <Winter>
The World End Eclipse - JP <Winter>

Note; no region specified above means it was announced for the West, all Japanese announcements should be labelled "JP" at the least.

Redhood

Hey VitaGAF can we talk about how amazing Decorator is from PDF:2nd It makes up for all the ballads in the song list.

I have finished the game on normal. The song list is definitely a step down from PDF due to too many slow songs/ballads. But the last 5~6 songs are epic.

My favorite from the game would be: Melt, Package, Blacjack, Luka night fever, This is happined and peace of mind committee, Miku Miku you, Two sided lover, Decorator and Intense singing of hatsune miku.

Top Bottom