• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

SerTapTap

Ugh why are all threads about PS4 games (any post about more than one game) mired in the same shit. Indies, "ports", endless whining about games that don't "count". GAF needs designated hype/bitching zones

Oh shit top of page uh Grim Fandango is coming out soon buy that

Shun

Anyone have new IP recommendations for Vita?

At the moment I own Freedom Wars, God Eater 2 PSP (Soon to be Rage Burst), Technika Tune, Tales of Innocence R, Danganronpa Another Episode, and Phantasy Star Nova.

I haven't finished any of these yet, but I want to build a library since I love this Vita after a few days of owning it.

I'm thinking of getting Fate/hollow Ataraxia as I haven't gone through the VN yet and currently importing Persona 4 Golden. Considering Toukiden Kiwami, but I didn't really enjoy the PSP game.

I'm looking for a fighting/rpg/action itch.

At the moment I own Freedom Wars, God Eater 2 PSP (Soon to be Rage Burst), Technika Tune, Tales of Innocence R, Danganronpa Another Episode, and Phantasy Star Nova.

I haven't finished any of these yet, but I want to build a library since I love this Vita after a few days of owning it.

I'm thinking of getting Fate/hollow Ataraxia as I haven't gone through the VN yet and currently importing Persona 4 Golden. Considering Toukiden Kiwami, but I didn't really enjoy the PSP game.

One Piece: UWR is a good game, not a vita exclusive, though. Ys MoC might suit your tastes.

kafiend

January might be expensivita for me. Plus since I got the Vita I fired up the PS3 again and been buying up all the RPG's I didn't get when they released. But shhhhhh, don't tell the wife :p

Shun

One Piece: UWR is a good game, not a vita exclusive, though. Ys MoC might suit your tastes.
UWR is alright, I got that on Wii U. It's been a while since I played a Falcom game so I'll think about that.

I've never played any Gust games. Are Ciel/Ar nosurge good?

Soul Sacrifice Delta and the Hatsune Miku games (not Vita exclusive but much better on the Vita IMO).

I like FW/GE/PSN, how does Soul Sacrifice/Ragnarok/Kiwami/etc stack up to the other MoHun "clones".

Any other Rhythm games? PSP was so good in that department even licensed shovelware was good.

Like others have said Soul Sacrifice is a good choice. Also, if you like dungeon crawlers you should buy Demon Gaze.

incpdo

UWR is alright, I got that on Wii U. It's been a while since I played a Falcom game so I'll think about that.

I've never played any Gust games. Are Ciel/Ar nosurge good?

I like FW/GE/PSN, how does Soul Sacrifice/Ragnarok/Kiwami/etc stack up to the other MoHun "clones".

Any other Rhythm games? PSP was so good in that department even licensed shovelware was good.

Even thou Soul Sacrifice has some elements from hunting games ill say its pretty different and certainly not a clone from Monster hunter. Ill HIGHLY recommend you to download Soul Sacrifice Demo , as it has like 4 hours of gameplay and gives a pretty good idea of what the game is, But i also highly recommend you to buy Soul Sacrifice Delta , as it includes all the content from the first one plus lots of improvement such as graphic improvements and much more content than the original.

Well.PS Vita is getting some really good rythm games:
You have Cytus Lambda which has an awesome demo of like 10 songs to download , so go ahead and try that now! the game is like 12 dollars but has more than 100 songs. It is pretty good IMO.
Musync is another Playstation Mobile Game but its more on the vein of DJ Max , there is no demo on the store.
Project Diva F has 2 installments and if you like miku you know what you are getting
Senran Kagura bon Apetite , it is a nice rythmn game with too much fanservice, but it has hilarious story mode and a really worthy dlc , the game is like 15 dollars but to get it complete you should buy also the dlc which is another 15 dollars.
If you like to import there is IA/VT Colorful which seems to be a high quality rythm game.Sadly idk if we will ever get it here on the west.
Another import is the Hideboh: Tap Dance Hero which is a weird rythm game based on the tap dance superstar.

This year we will get Persona 4 Dance all night so you will have to keep this one in mind as it seems to be pretty good.

On the miscelaneous appartment we have:

Sound Shapes : A 2d platform music game. There is a demo on PSN so try it!
Lumines Electronic Symphony: A tetris like game more on the modern side of this games and the music changes while you play , there is a pretty good Demo on the store.

antibolo

Banned
Woah Nidhogg has online? I hadn't even noticed. I just plowed through the single player campaign in less than half an hour then said "alright, all that's left is couch multi with friends next time they come over".

bobohoro

I still don't like the overall structure of Neptunia.
But damn, is it addicting.
Just conquered some of the side stuff, defeating dangerous thingies all over, leveling up like mad and making some plans. Now I'm Lv47 and only started chapter 4.

Does Re;Birth2 do things differently in terms of overworld, dungeon design and progression? The game pretty much consists of the same 5 dungeon themes, you click from event scene to event scene on an overworld map and dungeon order is pretty random. I also kinda dislike the plan system and the limited space.

I mean, I have fun, undoubtely so, but I can't see myself getting the next one anytime soon if there aren't major improvements. Would probably go on my list of games to buy in a sale if it's over 50% off and I got spare time.

incpdo

I still don't like the overall structure of Neptunia.
But damn, is it addicting.
Just conquered some of the side stuff, defeating dangerous thingies all over, leveling up like mad and making some plans. Now I'm Lv47 and only started chapter 4.

Does Re;Birth2 do things differently in terms of overworld, dungeon design and progression? The game pretty much consists of the same 5 dungeon themes, you click from event scene to event scene on an overworld map and dungeon order is pretty random. I also kinda dislike the plan system and the limited space.

I mean, I have fun, undoubtely so, but I can't see myself getting the next one anytime soon if there aren't major improvements. Would probably go on my list of games to buy in a sale if it's over 50% off and I got spare time.

Neptunia is the next series im gonna buy along with Danganronpa. I have to buy this games asap

Woah Nidhogg has online? I hadn't even noticed. I just plowed through the single player campaign in less than half an hour then said "alright, all that's left is couch multi with friends next time they come over".

Online multiplayer with friends is where Nidhogg shines (aside from local-multi). A PlayStation Vita + a friend to play with who has jumped on voice chat = a damn good time.

This is literally my first experience with the game, and I had a blast; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YDNW2Qqm7M

that seems to be pretty fun does this game has content for single player?

It has a single player mode that cycles through a bunch of different coloured opponents of varying difficulty, but it shines way brighter in multiplayer. Good news is it's small as fuck though, so keeping it handy for some multiplayer is a no-brainer with Vita.

Do you guys think 500GB is enough (or should I just go all the way with 1TB) to not have to worry about uninstalling things, considering the free games we get from PS+. I've been subscribed since the beginning and by current HD isn't cutting it.

Do you guys think 500GB is enough (or should I just go all the way with 1TB) to not have to worry about uninstalling things, considering the free games we get from PS+. I've been subscribed since the beginning and by current HD isn't cutting it.

Generally 500GB will be fine for all the games you'd want at a given time. That said, with the bluray discs being used, you're going to have a lot of massive (50GB) games, so you may have to either learn to cycle things out or get the bigger drive.

RK128

I think I just lost every Ps+ game I owned. My head hurts.

How did that happen? If your subscription expired, then you have to re-subscribe again to reactivate the games.

If you lost them despite having a PS+ subscription.....I don't know man :(. My suggestion is to contact Sony and tell them about your problem.

Granted, it will take a while (as their customer service is...not the best :l), but it will be worth it to have you games again :D.

What happened exactly though? I think this happened to me to a while ago, so maybe I can help you somehow :).

What? Did you lose the account they're on?

I renewed and now no licenses.

What happened exactly though? I think this happened to me to a while ago, so maybe I can help you somehow :).

My Plus ran out December 23. All of my games were rendered inactive, as expected. I purchased Destiny in September which came with a month trial. I made an alternative account to use the trial on under the assumption that as long as the secondary account was set as active I would retain the ability to play my IGC games. All of my games are now giving a "purchase this content from the store" message and are listed full price in the store. Restoring Licenses has done nothing. I'm not sure what to do.

RK128

Okay, then I think you have to re-activate your systems in that case. Remove your PS3/Vita/PS4 from your devices lists (De-activate should be in the systems menus) and re-activate them again; then when you open your games on your systems when connected to PSN, the games should be activated again :).

If that doesn't fix it....maybe contacting Sony would help. Like I said before, their customer service isn't the best, but that should help fix your issue. PS+ gives us ALOT of games, so losing access to them must suck :(

I hope this helps you somewhat :l. And if not, good luck dealing with Sony's customer service man :(.

RK128

My Plus ran out December 23. All of my games were rendered inactive, as expected. I purchased Destiny in September which came with a month trial. I made an alternative account to use the trial on under the assumption that as long as the secondary account was set as active I would retain the ability to play my IGC games. All of my games are now giving a "purchase this content from the store" message and are listed full price in the store. Restoring Licenses has done nothing. I'm not sure what to do.

Oh, I think I get your issue; you must have re-subscribed under your sub-account instead of your main one then. Maybe you can get a refund from Sony in that case and then re-buy another year/3 months of plus for your main account then.

If you DID re-subscribe to your main account....then I have no ideal what happened then :(. Maybe you should wait a day to see if your licenses will gradually come back under your account; PSN re-sets your download list once you re-subscribe, so maybe that didn't happen with your account yet.

I'm sorry about this man :(. I hope this helps you somewhat :l.

Edit: Oh, if you have a Vita, open the PSN Store, then tap the '...' icon. Then click your 'Services List' icon and then scroll down until you see the PS+ icon. Tap that and click the PS+ link under that. You should then see when you started your subscription and when it expires. Maybe that might help somehow :l.

Generally 500GB will be fine for all the games you'd want at a given time. That said, with the bluray discs being used, you're going to have a lot of massive (50GB) games, so you may have to either learn to cycle things out or get the bigger drive.

Whoops, I meant with a PS3. I've already crossed that bridge with the PS4 and put in a 2TB.

Oh, I think I get your issue; you must have re-subscribed under your sub-account instead of your main one then. Maybe you can get a refund from Sony in that case and then re-buy another year/3 months of plus for your main account then.

If you DID re-subscribe to your main account....then I have no ideal what happened then :(. Maybe you should wait a day to see if your licenses will gradually come back under your account; PSN re-sets your download list once you re-subscribe, so maybe that didn't happen with your account yet.

I'm sorry about this man :(. I hope this helps you somewhat :l.

Edit: Oh, if you have a Vita, open the PSN Store, then tap the '...' icon. Then click your 'Services List' icon and then scroll down until you see the PS+ icon. Tap that and click the PS+ link under that. You should then see when you started your subscription and when it expires. Maybe that might help somehow :l.

No. My main does not have PS+, my sub does, both have my ps4 set as active. According to this I should have regained access to my IGC games but instead they switched from expired to rebuy. I only used the trial because I didn't want it to go to waste. I tried restoring and reactivating but no go. Most of the games were wiped from the service list, but even the ones that remain won't work without a rebuy. I guess I'll call them tomorrow.

RK128

No. My main does not have PS+, my sub does, both have my ps4 set as active. According to this I should have regained access to my IGC games but instead they switched from expired to rebuy. I only used the trial because I didn't want it to go to waste. I tried restoring and reactivating but no go. Most of the games were wiped from the service list, but even the ones that remain won't work without a rebuy. I guess I'll call them tomorrow.

Man, I don't know what to say then :(. Calling them is a smart move; maybe Sony didn't press the 'switch' to reactivate you games correctly. Maybe it is also an error that happened due to the servers not working (I wouldn't be surprised if that DoSS attack over the holidays caused errors in the PSN database or something :l).

I'm sorry I can't help you man :(. Good luck dealing with Sony tomorrow; they should have a solution for you at the very least :l.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Here you go, a full Q1 list (though I might have missed a recent announcement or two);
Whar is Hotline Miami 2? :( I thought it was a 1Q15 game.
Wait, I don't think I understand. You have a main account with a subaccount, yes? And you originally applied PS+ to which account? The main account? If so, and you then applied the PS+ trial to the subaccount, then I don't see why that would have anything to do with the main account.

I think you misunderstand the part about "Play downloaded IGC games". That means that subscriber adds IGC game license to account, then other users on the same PS3/PS4 can access that game. However, it does not mean that you sneak the other user's IGC games into the system too.

Wouldn't your primary account have to be subscribed to PS+ in order for that to work?
*ding*

Wouldn't your primary account have to be subscribed to PS+ in order for that to work?

Yasumi

Banned
The Irregular at Magic Highschool theme is super cute.
16169336152_63f475c084_o.jpg

RK128

PSNGaf, a question.

If I buy GoW Collection on Disc, is there a way for me to have cross buy with Vita version ?

No sadly :(. That is the reason so many took advantage of the cross-buy 'glitch' the digital versions of GoW Collection had; to get the cross-buy features that wasn't present on the retail versions.

The reason that doesn't happen is due to, well, the original version not having that feature out of the box. Games like Sly 4 and PSAS had the cross-buy feature active on their disks due to the feature being there day-one.

If anything, you might be able to get that feature now; if the PS+ trial versions are still on PSN (don't think they are), then you can 'buy' those, then 'buy' the Vita version of the collection (it should say 'free' instead of its 29.99/19.99 price point). I don't think that still works, but it doesn't hurt to try it at least :).

I think Demon Gaze has one of my favorite video game soundtracks ever.
I love the soundtrack for Demon Gaze, I have the ost on my phone and use it as my workout playlist. Those Vocaloid tracks really pump energy in me. I want DG2 to have another killer ost, with more vocaloid tracks.

Has Q1 been confirmed? I heard "Early 2015", but that's not quite a Q1 confirmed.

It's probably going to be a March or April game. February is already a packed month for releases.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Happy new year guys. Let's hope the banned folks will be back soon.
So is Neptunia worth the sales price on EU PSN right now?
Yes, absolutely. Keep in mind to explore and battle in the optional dungeons because there's a major difficulty spike at the end of chapter 2 that have scared off a lot of people. At level 25 you learn EXE Drive attacks that will help a lot.
PSNGaf, a question.

If I buy GoW Collection on Disc, is there a way for me to have cross buy with Vita version ?
Nope, digital crossbuy only in Europe and I think US.
---
Have any of you played Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate on Vita? It's on sale in Europe and I'd really like to know what peoples opinions are and if it's a good port or not.
Only played Hyrule Warriors

Does anybody else have a problem with the memory card being finicky?

If I'm playing a game and have to set the Vita down to do something else I have to be extremely gentle or else the system will instantly restart and tell me that I need to insert a memory card.

I have to take the memory card out and reinsert it to get it working again.

I'm worried that this is going to corrupt my data. My Vita is an original model and I've had it for just over 2 years.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Not according to the faq. If I'm reading it right, as long as the account has that PS4 set as active, most PS+ benefits(including IGC play) should roll over. Instead I lost everything.
Like I said, I think you're mis-reading that section's meaning. It means "If Player A subscribes and Player B is on the same machine, then Player B gets to play Player A's IGC games." That's it.

Has Q1 been confirmed? I heard "Early 2015", but that's not quite a Q1 confirmed.

It's probably going to be a March or April game. February is already a packed month for releases.
Boo. What am I going to do when I'm done with Duke and Manny Calavera?

Top Bottom