• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

TUSR

Banned
Anyone having troubles connecting to PSN right now? I can't on my vita and it says there's maintenance going on.

Before this I was also getting an error every time I tried to download the games I just bought today -_-

@AskPlayStation: We're aware that some of you are having issues connecting to the PSN. Engineers are investigating.

Flunkie

Banned
VitaGAF chat negating my need to post on GAF AND use Twitter. Jump in, just like I did with Danganronpa XD

(I feel you FriedConsole, I don't love the style either but I'm trying to get into them and it's growing on me)

I am tempted to buy Danganronpa and Persona 4 at those prices despite not liking the genres and style of those games. I probably shouldn't because my probability of liking those games are about .01% and I would write my impressions here and then get VitaGAF shunned. I did that with The Walking Dead and it ate space on my Vita for about a year before I had to admit I don't like those games.
P4G is a game that a lot of people enjoy despite not liking JRPGs or anime. I'd say you should give it a try, but I'm pretty biased since P4G is my favorite game of all time.

VitaGAF chat negating my need to post on GAF AND use Twitter. Jump in, just like I did with Danganronpa XD
Yep

daydream

Banned
I am tempted to buy Danganronpa and Persona 4 at those prices despite not liking the genres and style of those games. I probably shouldn't because my probability of liking those games are about .01% and I would write my impressions here and then get VitaGAF shunned. I did that with The Walking Dead and it ate space on my Vita for about a year before I had to admit I don't like those games.

If you wanna get out of your comfort zone and play a VN, at least make it count and play a good one.

That said, I can't think of many RPGs that would be better suited for someone not into the genre than Persona 4.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else not able to access the Playstation Store via PC? Just stays on the loading page for me.

RK128

I can't say anything on Danganronpa (due to not owning it) but I went into Persona 4 Golden with very little experience with JRPG's; the only RPG's I played prior to getting Persona 4 Golden was the Mario RPG's, and KH's.......and I fell in love with P4G :'). Great presentation, amazing soundtrack, lots of content to play through, really likeable cast, and a fun story to experience all make the game a perfect tittle to welcome people into the JRPG game-type :D.

Just keep in mind that the game has a few different difficultly options (Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard, and Very Hard). If you are completely new to JRPG's, then Easy is the best way to play the game; you get to do less grinding, the level requirement for latter in the game is less steep and the bosses aren't that hard.

Shizuka

I thought this might be interesting to you guys, since I mentioned I bought the Skinomi filter for the Vita-2000 a few days ago. Two days after I made the order, I got an email from them asking for me to give them a call regarding my order. I replied saying that they could see the order that I'm from Brazil, that a long distance call would probably get more expensive than the shipping itself for the order and they should contact me through my email, since I could communicate with them just fine and wouldn't be an inconvenience for me.

A few hours later, they answer by saying that they can't, that I should call them in any case, implying that my order wouldn't be shipped until I did just that. I got fed up by it and asked them to cancel my order, since they're open to worldwide orders, they shouldn't expect people to call them to answer unspecified matters just because they want us to.

That reminded me of Pentavision, DJ Max's publisher. When the Vita game was getting released, they opened orders for a limited edition that'd last only for 1000 units. Worldwide orders were open, but in the end, the only shipping option for me was $80, almost 1.5x the amount of the limited edition itself. I tried to get in touch with the company, just to get an employee saying that I should be thankful worldwide orders were open at all, that I didn't have the right to complain and suck it up with the shipping or do business with another company. Not the exact same situation, but I still feel some companies aren't really ready for worldwide e-commerce.

Tapejara

Have anyone tried PS now on their vita?

Yeah, it sucks compared to the PS4 version. L2/R2/L3/R3 are mapped to the four corners of the touchscreen so that makes playing certain games impossible. As well, I noticed that speeds were worse on my Vita which cause games to crash or become very pixelated.

Yeah, it sucks compared to the PS4 version. L2/R2/L3/R3 are mapped to the four corners of the touchscreen so that makes playing certain games impossible. As well, I noticed that speeds were worse on my Vita which cause games to crash or become very pixelated.

So you can't change them?

Ok, thank you. Can't you change the controls at all?

Takao

Banned
wow at the psm avalanche this week
can't these guys just split the backlog across other weeks

Edit: Ambition of the Slimes came out in English this week!

Maid

Banned

It's much better than using the back touchscreen for L2/R2, honestly. Otherwise I think it's just like remote play.

SerTapTap

It's much better than using the back touchscreen for L2/R2, honestly. Otherwise I think it's just like remote play.

The best solution, depending on game, is two large touch areas on the back for L2/R2 and bottom corners for L3/R3. This is usually usable, though an L1/2 swap is sometimes necessary so you're not tapping the rear touch for a common action.

Top Bottom