• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Producer

So can't decide, and need some help. Should I get Disgaea 4 or Trails of the Sky?

this is probably the cheapest Trails is going to be on PSN for a looong while.

meanwhile i'm sure disgaea 4 will get more sales eventually or perhaps even hit plus if disgaea 3 is anything to go by

As much as I want to support Falcom/XSEED... Disgaea 4.

Usually I would say get both, but if you want a JRPG, then TotS. Disgaea 4 is mostly a grind game.

this is probably the cheapest Trails is going to be on PSN for a looong while.

meanwhile i'm sure disgaea 4 will get more sales eventually or perhaps even hit plus if disgaea 3 is anything to go by

Yeah, this would be my answer. TITS is a brilliant deal.

Thanks guys, I'm going to go ahead and jump on Trails. If I'm lucky I can get Disgaea as an early gift since it's on sale too.

jvm

Gamasutra.
You guys really want me to drop $19.99 on Brandish? What the heck!?

Sorry, I'm down with trying new things, but that's a bit above my threshold.

autoduelist

Getting:

Jet Moto 2
SF Alpha 3 Max
Tactics Ogre

Should I get Chrono Trigger for playing on my Vita? I know the load times are pretty nasty but I'd love to finally play it (never done so before).

Also may get Trails in the Sky but may just wait and get the Steam version.

I wish Ys 7 was on sale too =/

Chrono Trigger is fine on Vita. Yes, load times. Not unplayable by any means, and an absolute masterpiece. You want it on your vita if only to stare at its bubble.

What're the chances the 10% discount doesn't get sent out until after the sale ends? Pretty good, I assume.

They almost certainly are waiting for the sale to be over to give it out. Makes sense, for the same reason you often can't use multiple discounts on the same item.

Right so here's my planned purchases, and I'd like impressions on if they're worth it or not
Table Top Racing

There is nothing wrong with TTR. It's got powerups and races well. But it's... just there. I 3 starred all the races and whatnot, but can't say I enjoyed myself. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but it wasn't exactly fun either.

I thought this might be interesting to you guys, since I mentioned I bought the Skinomi filter for the Vita-2000 a few days ago. Two days after I made the order, I got an email from them asking for me to give them a call regarding my order. I replied saying that they could see the order that I'm from Brazil, that a long distance call would probably get more expensive than the shipping itself for the order and they should contact me through my email, since I could communicate with them just fine and wouldn't be an inconvenience for me.

A few hours later, they answer by saying that they can't, that I should call them in any case, implying that my order wouldn't be shipped until I did just that. I got fed up by it and asked them to cancel my order, since they're open to worldwide orders, they shouldn't expect people to call them to answer unspecified matters just because they want us to.

That reminded me of Pentavision, DJ Max's publisher. When the Vita game was getting released, they opened orders for a limited edition that'd last only for 1000 units. Worldwide orders were open, but in the end, the only shipping option for me was $80, almost 1.5x the amount of the limited edition itself. I tried to get in touch with the company, just to get an employee saying that I should be thankful worldwide orders were open at all, that I didn't have the right to complain and suck it up with the shipping or do business with another company. Not the exact same situation, but I still feel some companies aren't really ready for worldwide e-commerce.

Sounds like your account was flagged for fraud (may not even be anything to do with you, they could simply have gotten several fraudulent orders from Brazil recently) and needed to speak on the phone with you to clear it. Your refusal, in that case, would only make it look more like potential fraud.

As for the other situation, I mean, it sounds like the guy was a jerk, but he's not exactly wrong. If that's what it costs to ship, at least they're making the option available. International shipping costs can be absolutely ridiculous sometimes -- it cost me around $40 to ship a small item to China recently.

Usually I would say get both, but if you want a JRPG, then TotS. Disgaea 4 is mostly a grind game.

Disgaea isn't traditional grind. That is, you're not grinding because you need to level up just to beat the next boss, or grinding something stupid like killing the same enemy 1000 times. The grinding in Disgaea is sort of... grinding perfected, where you're pushing the limits of the game in every direction not because you have to, but because it's fun.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh man oh man.

Goddamn at having to choose between brandish, atelier ayesha and grim fandango this month.

Leaning towards grim, but hmmmmm.

Tactics Ogre, Daxter, Ratchet & Clank Collection and Persona 4 Golden are my picks from the sale.

Got too many other things my budget is going toward to focus on any newer releases. If something else crazy goes on sale next week it's gonna be a struggle.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Man, that is really tempting but I can't get this for a 3rd time (original game + 2014 last gen.)

Also, I think I am jumping in for my first Disgaea game.

D4 is a good entry and best looking. Good way to start. You can play the other 3 on your vita as well, if you are up for more.

Maid

Banned
Grinding is extremely optional in D4. You can play through the main story without much grinding.

Maybe I said it the wrong way. What I meant is I spent most of the time for grinding in that game, and I do think that's a charm of Disgaea franchise in general. Grind to be broken.

antibolo

Banned
I feel like starting Brandish at $20 was a bad idea. If they want to get people to buy a PSP game in 2015 they got to accept that they have to push it as a budget title.

With that said I'm totally going to buy SC for $20 though.

I feel like starting Brandish at $20 was a bad idea. If they want to get people to buy a PSP game in 2015 they got to accept that they have to push it as a budget title.

With that said I'm totally going to buy SC for $20 though.

20$ is budget lol. New handheld games are 40$.

If you like dungeon crawlers and don't mind rather dated control schemes (think Legend of Grimrock), buy the game. Very good.
Dungeon crawlers, love em
Dated controls, played Persona 1 and 2

I'll pick it up next week then. I hope the ost is as good as the Ys games. Thanks Mr. Fish!

Takao

Banned
Nippon Ichi Appli Archives Mini-Game Collection:
9zNhUBM.png

8uyNi92.png

Okay.

SerTapTap

Dark secret: I have only just now purchased Dangangonronper and Persona 4 Golden.
And I probably won't actually play much of P4G

Also wow, Loco Roco is huge, wasn't expecting 500MB. Amazing game though

Nippon Ichi Appli Archives Mini-Game Collection:

Okay.

Huh. Are they any good? That's the sort of stupid thing I would buy assuming it slightly justifies the price tag.

BTW are the Silent Hill mobile games included in that appli thing? I guess I probably can't play them due to language barrier, but I always wondered what I was missing.

Dungeon crawlers, love em
Dated controls, played Persona 1 and 2

I'll pick it up next week then. I hope the ost is as good as the Ys games. Thanks Mr. Fish!
OST is apparently great, though I personally can't vouch since I've been blaring music into my ears via my computer while playing.
And if you were fine with Persona 1/2 and love dungeon crawlers, you should be perfectly fine.
For a digital-only game it's definitely not budget. $15 is typically the high-end price point for digital-only games.
Eh. Maybe on iOS. A new PSP game for 20$ seems very reasonable to me. But I understand your point. I think this is the sort of title (similar to TITS) where the people who are interested don't mind the 20$ price tag too much, and the people who aren't won't buy it unless it's impractically cheap.

ZeroAKA

It's very time consuming. :(

I did this.
Rub->Present->Wait for them->Present->Rub

I hated it when I missed a full heart even though I was still rubbing! >[
I've gotten all of the max friendship trophies already without giving them any presents. I should probably get on that.

Takao

Banned
So gta Chinatown wars is not vita supported ?

It's directly downloadable on Vita in NA.

Huh. Are they any good? That's the sort of stupid thing I would buy assuming it slightly justifies the price tag.

BTW are the Silent Hill mobile games included in that appli thing? I guess I probably can't play them due to language barrier, but I always wondered what I was missing.

I don't own the NIS mini-game pack. I took those images from the store.

As for Silent Hill, no Konami Appli Archives have been announced. Hamster is working with Konami on Arcade Archives, so anything's possible.

CrovaxPSO

Tears to Tiara 2. SRPG.

Possibly since I remember CrovaxPSO said that Amiami was sold out and that was a like near or after launch.

Nippon Yasan has it
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/japane...rs-2-ouritsu-toshokan-to-mamono-no-fuuin.html

Several pages late on this, but yeah, Amiami seems to never restock, unless it's a super popular item (they had a second shipment of the newest Idolmaster game, for example). I ordered DT2 from Nippon Yasan and had no problems.

ecurbj

Omg..the sales for these classic PS titles this week are awesome. I'm about to dive in..

zVT4tL9.gif

I bought a $30 PSN card. Hopefully I can pick up a few of these. Especially both Jet Moto's.

Top Bottom