• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

PepperedHam

My haul so far for this sale:

Disgaea 4
Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger (I know about the load times, but playing it on the Vita/PS3 is only option for me)

and then just on the real I picked up Valkyria Chronicles 2 (wish it was discounted to 5 bucks) but having never gotten a chance to play it due to never owning a PSP, I'm pretty happy.

Right so here's my planned purchases, and I'd like impressions on if they're worth it or not
Table Top Racing
Boss!
Twisted Metal 2
Daxter
WipEout 1 PSX
GTA PSP games

Also which is worth getting Jet Moto 1 or 2? I want a water jet ski racing game so bad @_@

I found Table Top Racing quite slow and boring to be honest. Definitely not the frantic Micro-Machines-esque game I was expecting.

Twisted Metal 2 is the best Twisted Metal game, but quite dated these days. I'd pick up Black or Head if it were my choice.

Daxter is fantastic. Definitely get.

WipEout 1 PSX is very slow (compared to later games) and dated, but still playable if you're a fan of the series.

GTA PSP games are great. Vice City Stories is still one of my favourite PSP games to this day.

batrush

Picked up...
Disgaea 4
Persona 4G
Persona 3 P
FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX

My 32GB card filled up in no time at all. Think I'll stick to my PSP for playing PSP titles.

Tizoc

Welp
oRQHnZJ.png

I too gotta agree with the $20 price tag being a bit too much for this game. Don't get me wrong it must be a great game, but I just can't see myself putting $20 into a PSP game... The price was what stopped me from getting it too.

I need to save as much as I can. If the n3DS rumors are true (lol), then idk how my wallet is going to make it out of February, let alone March. Maybe preordering the Type-0 LE wasn't such a great idea.
Oh fuck it.

FDC1

It seems the european stores have been updated, I can see Atelier, Joe Danger 2 (which has a nice -20% PS+ discount) et Fat Princess

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
After reading some comments in the PSBlog it seems there will be a third part in the January EU sale(but GTA5 won't be in it)

EDIT:
sorry for the double post.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I see that ShitBrain still exists. And Bomb Drop? Could they get any lazier?

Really wish Sony would go through there and erase some of the garbage from the store front. As it just makes them look bad more than the actual people who are halfassing things.

Basically some sort of standards would be nice.

Really wish Sony would go through there and erase some of the garbage from the store front. As it just makes them look bad more than the actual people who are halfassing things.

Basically some sort of standards would be nice.

What? There is a "game" that is just a e-book for $28.

AZ2Oc0O.jpg

I don't see a problem.

BTW - "Journey of the Wind" is what I say when I eat Taco Bell.
Sorry.

Anyone know if Killzone: Liberation works OK on the Vita? Can I download it directly onto the Vita, or do I need to take my PS3 out of storage, download with that, then transfer to the Vita?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
jet moto 2 or wipeout 1 what should i get to enjoy on my vita?

If you want an idea of how "well" designed so to speak the tracks in Wipeout 1 was, you could play the game with 1 hand. Thats how much I used to play the first Wipeout that I started doing stupid stuff like that lol.

The later titles had sections where you had to use the air brakes which made doing the same trick impossible.

The tracks are not overly complex and do not have any like 90 degree turns.

Jet Moto I remember was pretty cool, but goddamn at some of the tracks. D:

SerTapTap

What? There is a "game" that is just a e-book for $28.
I don't see a problem.

BTW - "Journey of the Wind" is what I say when I eat Taco Bell.
Sorry.

The "Solbrain" thing is stolen or free assets and stealing a trademark, even at the barest minimum of moderation Sony should remove it. There's also like a dozen of them

Great, now start playing P4G

Boo!

I try to avoid too many JRPGs (and WRPGs really) these days because of the time investment. Then again I recently got sucked into Freedom Wars and Binding of Isaac so I haven't really been great at avoiding stuff like that. But I try to play a variety of games over getting stuck in one for months

After reading some comments in the PSBlog it seems there will be a third part in the January EU sale(but GTA5 won't be in it)

EDIT:
sorry for the double post.

Doesn't look like it. Only Far Cry 4 got added.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...r-cry-4-dlc-joe-danger-2-atelier-ayesha-plus/

The January Sale is also on for one more week, with great deals on the likes of Far Cry 4: Gold Edition, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Danganronpa and plenty more.

See ya next week, with Resident Evil and new deals.

Also, Suikoden possibly next week in EU

When is Suikoden planned to come out?
Im looking forward to playing Suikoden, please

Jawad Ashraf 14 January, 2015 @ 3:14 pm 4.1
It should be next week. Check back to be certain, however

Auctopus

Damn, since having Driveclub I've realised how badly PSN needs the simple feature of 'Hover over a notification and it marks as read'. I really don't want to have to launch each corresponding App for the notification to clear.

SerTapTap

Yes. Directly to vita, at least in an US account.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure if "vita" is listed on the webstore (and for sure if it's actually in the Vita store) there's no need to worry about PS3 transfer or such.

*hugs his region-free Vita while Nintendo are being dicks and not releasing the regular size New 3DS in North America*

Seriously. Import friendly PS has been so awesome. Accounts on Vita are still a pain though thanks to digital only and such. But I'm glad I didn't need to buy a whole new PS3 just to get shmups or that Sonic game or a Japanese PS4 just to play SK Estival (where do they get these words)

Damn, since having Driveclub I've realised how badly PSN needs the simple feature of 'Hover over a notification and it marks as read'. I really don't want to have to launch each corresponding App for the notification to clear.

I think you can mark all as read, right?

Redhood

Okk so resistance retribution cannot be transferred from ps3 and needs to be directly downloaded on the psvita! :/

I am using my ps3 as a full time vita downloader.

Top Bottom