• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Yasumi

Banned
Curious how they're going to fit all of the content of God Eater 2 and the Rage Burst expansion into a single game. GE2's already 3345MB.

SerTapTap

More Vita Hate threads. Is there really no way to ignore threads?

Not sure what to use my 10% on when it comes. Maybe some DLC for games I already have. 10% isn't exactly an earthshattering price change.

deadfolk

Also, what are people spending their 10% codes on other than that PSP game(can't remember its name). I have both a EU & Us accounts, but vita is on EU.

Well, Atlus kinda screwed my plans by putting SMT IV on sale on the eShop, so I'll probably get that followed by Game of Thrones and either Tales from the Borderlands or Vita Minecraft.

Anyone here played MC on vita? How is it? What is the world size like? The demo doesn't seem to let you create a new world, and the one it gives you is penned in, so it's hard to get a feel for it. Also, is there enough to do seeing as there's obviously no mods? I have no idea what is in the base game these days.

VLiberty

More Vita Hate threads. Is there really no way to ignore threads?

Not sure what to use my 10% on when it comes. Maybe some DLC for games I already have. 10% isn't exactly an earthshattering price change.

I was about to reply seriously to the OP's question (so "no" and why), but after reading some replies I decided to just leave the thread.

"Vita is for indie games I already own" is something so stupid yet it's said so often I'm starting to self-convince that this is just a meme brought up in joke posts.

Unfortunately it isn't.Oh well...

as for the discount - yeah, dlc is the best choice. I'm getting Motorstorm RC expansion bundle (just the two extra campaigns bundled, without all the avatar/car skins bullshit) and the two Velocity 2X expansions

You could use your money to buy a second time games you have already played or saving money for this:
Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth_2015_01-21-15_010.jpg

Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth_2015_01-21-15_006.jpg

Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth_2015_01-21-15_030.jpg

when localized and/or these
Operation-Abyss-New-Tokyo-Legacy-600x300.jpg

800px-OreShika_2_screenshot.jpg

Is this enough to stop you? :)

Uh is there any info on this Digimon game?

This looks different enough to grab my interest. And after playing the Danganronpa games, I welcome more visual novels to the Vita. Fingers crossed it's actually worth playing.

Ditto, this one has some cool graphics going on, the mechanics seem different and there seem to be dating/romance routes in it too. I might check it out lol

Honestly I don't understand the vita hate with upcoming games such as: Jstars, RE2Revelations, Salt & Sanctuary, steins gate, toyko twilight ghosthunters, god eater 2burst (maybe), toukiden sequel, corpse party blooddrive( if the leak is true), DR:another ep ( fingers crossed) Like seriously wtf is wrong with folks? I bought my OLED vita around nov in the buy and sell thread and never been happier. Currently saving up to buy a bigger memory card.

Edit: Hotline Miami 2 as well

autoduelist

Ohhhhh...I usually buy 2 years at a time, I guess that's why I didn't notice. It's kind of amazing how poorly they manage the download list. They should force their UI designers and programmers to play all digital and see how fast this gets fixed

I'm sure they know it needs to be fixed. However, it's probably very low on their priority list -- after all it only affects people who buy a ton of content, and those people... are already buying a ton of content. So it's work for little direct benefit compared to other, high profile fixes/patches/features.

Have you tried PSDLE? It's a script you can run from your desktop browser which lists and sorts your download list. It can then export the list or you can even queue downloads from it now.

You can get it from:
https://github.com/RePod/psdle

I had this on my last computer, thanks for the repost. I don't like managing my library in two places, but my hand is forced at this point.

Honestly I don't understand the vita hate with upcoming games such as: Jstars, RE2Revelations, Salt & Sanctuary, steins gate, toyko twilight ghosthunters, god eater 2burst (maybe), toukiden sequel, corpse party blooddrive( if the leak is true), DR:another ep ( fingers crossed) Like seriously wtf is wrong with folks? I bought my OLED vita around nov in the buy and sell thread and never been happier. Currently saving up to buy a bigger memory card.

Many of the people who hate on the vita have no idea what is out, or what is coming out for, the vita. They don't care. They're piling on for their own reasons, be it love of the ps4, nintendo, or whatever.

Many of the people who hate on the vita have no idea what is out, or what is coming out for, the vita. They don't care. They're piling on for their own reasons, be it love of the ps4, nintendo, or whatever.

I actually chose to purchase the vita instead of a PS4 due to the fact there's nothing of interest at the moment ( that's gonna change once march arrives bloodborne and FFType-0 ) and it was the wise thing to do. I already played gtav and tlou on my ps3 so honestly the ps4 would've been collecting dust. I do intend to buy a ps4 in the upcoming months but it was one of the wisest decisions I've done. No regrets.

That's really visible in those thread, it goes to show how Sony does a shitty job promoting it.

Choosing not to engage and instead just complaining about it in here will only lead to amplification of this "Vita hate" you guys are talking about. The less people post positively about the system outside of this thread, the more it will seem like people only say negative things about it. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

That's the only reason I go to those thread.

Aeana

I was about to reply seriously to the OP's question (so "no" and why), but after reading some replies I decided to just leave the thread.

"Vita is for indie games I already own" is something so stupid yet it's said so often I'm starting to self-convince that this is just a meme brought up in joke posts.

Unfortunately it isn't.Oh well...

as for the discount - yeah, dlc is the best choice. I'm getting Motorstorm RC expansion bundle (just the two extra campaigns bundled, without all the avatar/car skins bullshit) and the two Velocity 2X expansions

Choosing not to engage and instead just complaining about it in here will only lead to amplification of this "Vita hate" you guys are talking about. The less people post positively about the system outside of this thread, the more it will seem like people only say negative things about it. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Maid

Banned
Also, what are people spending their 10% codes on other than that PSP game(can't remember its name). I have both a EU & Us accounts, but vita is on EU.

Grim Fandango and Monster Monpiece.

Mostly cosmetic and/or time saving IMO - nothing "must have".

But those idol songs.

I actually think people have already engaged to such thread more than enough and look like nothing change. Also, the fear of not being able to calmly discussion that potentially leads to ban are what mostly leads people choose to avoid participating in such thread, I believe.

jvm

Gamasutra.
If the discussion was about this thread, then I never got to get over there to say anything. I wish I could have -- I'd've said that I went in with no expectations, the PSV was my most-played machine of 2013 and 2014. Yes, it's kind of the go-to indie handheld now, but that's fine. You can't argue with how good some of those indie titles are!

SerTapTap

I don't know what the options are, but Patapon 3 is pretty sweet. Inferior to 2, but tries some interesting new things. It fixes the game being about grinding bosses for materials but ends up being a grind for weapons, XP or class skills (some of which are fine, some are unreasonably slow). Still better than Patapon 1 IMO, played a ton.

edit: Found the list. I enjoyed Rain, but it's very much an artsy game lots of people won't like/appreciate. The puzzles are alright. Not super long. I enjoy the mood and the uniqueness of it. If you don't like weird artsy shit like I do I'd give it a pass. Patapon is probably the best option, Super Stardust is great but everyone already has that or Delta, or should anyway. Puppeteer is great but I think it was PS+ or super cheap or something, possibly both?

autoduelist

That's really visible in those thread, it goes to show how Sony does a shitty job promoting it.

I don't know. Maybe? I couldn't name a single upcoming game coming out for Wii U, Xbox 1, or 3ds. Wait. Maybe. Um... scalebound? scale something. I think. Wii U i'm drawing a blank. 3ds... I think I saw a thread about maybe a new fire emblem game? I'm not sure.

My point is this -- I don't own those devices, and as such I don't care about those devices. So ... I don't follow their news, I don't pay attention to their threads.

Meanwhile I can probably name dozens of upcoming vita games.

That is to say, I don't think there is much Sony can do. People that don't care don't care. And we certainly can't expect Sony to spend millions on a tv ad campaign at this point.

SerTapTap

NVM the wallet balance thing sounds terrifying and is probably not what I thought

edit: do we get a code or direct credit to the account? I'm only missing a couple of these games and don't want them

This is why I just posted my own (positive) experience and bailed

pariah164

Have you guys filed for your free game from the class action lawsuit? I went with Patapon 3
Meh. Games available I either already own or give no fucks about. Patapon 3 and LBP are the only ones worth it. May try to get PSPlus for three months since I am one of the few here that don't regularly have a subscription.

daydream

Banned
Went with Patapon 3 and WipEout Pure because why not.

Can't wait to be surprised by those codes when they randomly pop up in my email in December 2019.

Maid

Banned
How do you know when does your sub run out? I have no access to my Vita and PS4 at the moment, though, and I just want to know maybe I should wait until my sub ends to fill the form and take that 3 months. Look like they give us time to August, right?

Went with Patapon 3 and WipEout Pure because why not.

Can't wait to be surprised by those codes when they randomly pop up in my email in December 2019.

We can have the LTTP thread at that time, then.

bobawesome

You know what...Flandy is right. It only takes a few minutes and I didn't notice Dead Nation was in the list of games. I may as well grab it for that sweet cross buy action.

What are the games and which ones are compatible with the Vita?

Edit: Never mind, this are the freebies:

I'd say the most decent ones for Vita are Dead Nation (cross-buy with Vita), Little Big Planet PSP, Killzone Liberation, and Patapon 3. For PS3 it has to be Puppeteer since its a somewhat newer release compared to the rest but still Dead Nation is the best for PS3 and Vita. God of War HD is kinda confusing since it I don't know if it means just God of War 1 or if its the collection, this one is I think also cross-buy with Vita but its supposedly a bad port.

jvm

Gamasutra.
So I get the 10% code tomorrow and can use it on REmaster, right? 'Cause that's what I'm thinking I'm gonna do.

antibolo

Banned
Namco Bandai seems to have warmed up to the Vita in the West after the unexpected success of SAO. Pirate Warriors 3 Vita has been confirmed for localization, unlike the previous game where they just did the PS3 version. I think there's good chance of God Eater 2 Vita being localized as well.

Top Bottom