• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Maid

Banned
If I were to buy Puyo Puyo Tetris. Should I get Vita or PS4?
None of them are available digitally?
What are the chances of it ever showing up in EU/US?

I do think that you should buy it for PS4 since it provides splitscreen multiplay, and up to 4 people IIRC.

TOTP: buy Neptunia Rebirth 2 when it comes out in next week if you love the first game. Don't listen to those little sister haters.

deadfolk

If he plays p4g then decides to do p3p it might make the experience less enjoyable but that's based on other people's opinions though.

This. I just finished P4G over Christmas and went straight into P3P and I'm really not feeling it. I just want it to end. And if I don't finish it before 13th Feb, I never will.

But I must, because Persona Q.

Yeah, I remember people being hyped for it. For 50 cents I figure I can't go wrong -- don't know if it's a sale or perm price drop, but... 50 cents. Sounds/looks cool enough. Won't get a chance to play it till I plat Mind Zero though.

Is that Chaos Rings trilogy coming west? I seem to remember CR coming out for PSM but I generally avoid PSM games (except obvious pickups like Tokyo Jungle) so skipped it... would buy the CR trilogy if it's localized though for vita.

I'm assuming it's coming once 3 is localized for iOS

Takao

Banned
Is that Chaos Rings trilogy coming west? I seem to remember CR coming out for PSM but I generally avoid PSM games (except obvious pickups like Tokyo Jungle) so skipped it... would buy the CR trilogy if it's localized though for vita.

A western release for Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy hasn't been announced. However, the first three games (Chaos Rings, Chaos Rings Omega, Chaos Rings II) have been patched to support English in the Asian (Hong Kong, Singapore, etc. non-JP markets) release. Chaos Rings III has yet to be translated on any platform, so there's no script to reuse.

I know only one of the four Chaos Rings games are actually on the Vita cart. However, I've heard the other games may actually be downloaded in-game rather than through a voucher system. I'd wait for someone to confirm that before importing, because if it uses a voucher it's useless to anyone without an Asian PSN ID.

If I were to buy Puyo Puyo Tetris. Should I get Vita or PS4?
None of them are available digitally?
What are the chances of it ever showing up in EU/US?

Vita version is available digitally on J-PSN, but unless you already have a Vita set to that it's too much of a hassle to switch.

As for a western release, I don't think it's likely. Ubisoft seems to hold exclusive rights to Tetris on consoles/handhelds right now.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ukyo no Shishi(the ps3 version of the Samurai game) gameplay videos
http://gematsu.com/2015/01/14-minutes-ukiyo-no-shishi-gameplay

Night Cry(ex Project Scissors, Clock Tower spiritual sequel) first screens
http://gematsu.com/2015/01/night-cry-launch-kickstarter-pc-version

Night-Cry_2015_01-21-15_002.jpg

bobohoro

Hey all!

Don't mean to interrupt, but I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a lurker since this was an actual Vita thread, so I decided to register for a GAF account. Took 3 weeks or so to get my account approved, but here I am!

Mid-30's gamer from southern Ontario, Canada. I currently rock a PS3, Vita, Wii U and 2DS. I have yet to play P4G.

Carry on. :)

Welcome to VitaGAF. And like many before me I'd suggest playing P4G. Right now.

Do I have too many PlayStations?

I'd sell the PS4 to get a duster. And a PSone so you can play the good FFVII version.

Tizoc

Screw 128 GB, gimme 256 GB, just announce both or go straight to 256 GB.
Seriously I hate having to delete games from my Vita =_=

Release the moving pictures, I Just got my 64Gb card!

On that topic, have anyone had any problems with restoring their smaller card to the new new one?

(something about the program unable to find content)

Edit: I did the exact same thing again and this time it worked :)

_hekk05

Banned
So Neptunia rebirth 1 has made its way to steam. I'm gonna double dib the entire series on vita and steam I think.

Someone stop me

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So Neptunia rebirth 1 has made its way to steam. I'm gonna double dib the entire series on vita and steam I think.

Someone stop me

You could use your money to buy a second time games you have already played or saving money for this:
Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth_2015_01-21-15_010.jpg

Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth_2015_01-21-15_006.jpg

Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth_2015_01-21-15_030.jpg

when localized and/or these
Operation-Abyss-New-Tokyo-Legacy-600x300.jpg

800px-OreShika_2_screenshot.jpg

Is this enough to stop you? :)

_hekk05

Banned
You could use your money to buy a second time games you have already played or saving money for this:

when localized and/or these

Is this enough to stop you? :)

Ehhh I was never a dungeon crawler or digimon fan.

Is that oreshika 2 tho? Will buy

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ehhh I was never a dungeon crawler or digimon fan.

Is that oreshika 2 tho? Will buy

Don't look at Digimon as a Digimon game, but as an awesome looking turn based jrpg(like Neptunia) with town and free roaming(not present in Neptunia), lots of "personas", a cyber/digital world(somehow close to Neptunia world) and more ;)

_hekk05

Banned
Don't look at Digimon as a Digimon game, but as an awesome looking turn based jrpg(like Neptunia) with town and free roaming(not present in Neptunia), lots of "personas", a cyber/digital world(somehow close to Neptunia world) and more ;)

No moe girls
Sigh.gif

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Neptunia rebirth is full of girls but honestly i consider none of them as a "waifu" for me

Ran-Ran
best girl

No moe girls
Sigh.gif

No moe girls but lots of sexy girls

Wow now that i re-read my description(+ girls) it almost sounds like Persona, it only lacks social links.

deadfolk

Will the 10% discount work on preorders?

No.

Also, looks like the discount on The Crew in EU was a mistake. Was €39.99 yesterday, but now it's gone up to €49.99. That officially takes it out of the running for me as my budget for the 10% weekend is ~€35. I'll probably go for the two current Telltale games instead. I know they'll get better discounts in time, but there's not much else on sale that I'm interested in.

Also also, is that Digimon actually set in Akihabara, or just some fictional place? If the former, it's day one for me. Akiba's Trip failed on that aspect for me, due to the tiny world chunks.

Also also also...all of those screens look lovely. I really need to work on my Japanese more so I don't have to keep worrying about what games get localised any more.

SerTapTap

Finally got a second 1TB SSHD for my 20th anni PS4 so I can finally actually use it. I think my PS3 will be fine with it's 1TB but I'll eventually need a bigger one for PS4. Should do me at least another year or two. Currently at 400GB on my black stock PS4, and I can delete some stuff like Killzone shadowfall if push comes to shove.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, Senran Kagura Burst is a really terrible game, the framerate makes it unplayable. Don't bother.

It's perfectly playable and it's more fun than the more Musou like Versus, which isn't bad itself. Plus it's not in 3D. I am glad people support Versus though so I can eventually get SK 2 localized.

SerTapTap

It's perfectly playable and it's more fun than the more Musou like Versus, which isn't bad itself. Plus it's not in 3D. I am glad people support Versus though so I can eventually get SK 2 localized.

SK2 is an actually good game, I can't really agree that SK1 is good at a gameplay level. Framerate is slightly exaggerated, but the mindless gameplay really isn't enjoyable for me. SK2 isn't perfect either, they try a weird mix of 3D gameplay with 2D camera and it really doesn't work out, I actually fight the camera more in SK2 than Versus. Hopefully it's all localized, but personally I'd love if they moved the "main" series over to Vita/PS4 instead of 3DS.

Not sure whether I'd prefer it 2D or 3D, their current mix doesn't really work out properly. The levels with too much Z depth result in being screwed by the camera a lot, and a lot of character's super moves are useless in 1v1 due to no real lock on like Versus.

Geez Digimon looks good. I'm definitely going to import if it doesn't come west.

I'd love to but playing SK2 in Japanese is already pretty painful, I can't imagine trying to play an RPG. Really hope it's localized. I even feel like an idiot sometimes in unlocalized shmups, though gameplay is usually all english/numbers.

Shinriji

SK Burst is terrible compared to Shinovi Versus, and even worse than the Ikkitousen games on PSP, that were at least fun.

I am hoping it will not be ps4 only.

I said it in the other thread, but I think it's safe to say if one gets localized, they'll both get released. The better question is whether or not the vita version will be digital only or physical too.

Regardless, looking forward to this! At least when it finally does come over it will be the updated version.

SerTapTap

I am hoping it will not be ps4 only.

I also hope they will improve the voice acting. God eater on the PSP was the worst.

Localizing the script once is a ton more work than porting the updated script to a second version. It might not get a physical Vita release, but I'd be very surprised if it had no Vita release at all.

Also after Freedom Wars I'm fine with translated words and not translated voice, really. If they can't pay decent voice actors and they probably won't, it's not really worth it anyway.

Tizoc

So is there a proper ETA we can expect to get the code at? I'll be at work tomorrow and won't be free til sometime like around now.

autoduelist

Wow now that i re-read my description(+ girls) it almost sounds like Persona, it only lacks social links.

i've never really heard of this franchise before... I'm guessing it's not coming west?

SerTapTap

i've never really heard of this franchise before... I'm guessing it's not coming west?

Digimon's come to the west before, but it's a Vita exclusive so it's pretty questionable whether we'll get it. Bamco seems more okay with localization lately though, who knows.

Top Bottom