• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

So...sadly...I think my White OG Vita is a goner...Long story short, something fell on to the screen of my Vita. The screen itself is not visibly cracked in any way. The display, however, tells a different tale.

Horrible colors, blacked out sections of the screen, and low res to the point where I can almost see the pixels. That was a few hours after it happened. Now...if I try to turn it on...I barely get a black screen with some near invisble splotches of light to let me know the system is on. Touch screen still works, as I can unlock it and turn the system off just fine.

I have yet to call Sony to inquire about sending it in...but I am prepared to drop up to $150 on a replacement, as I don't want to let get of this Vita :'(

Anything similar ever happen to anyone here?

Top of the page edit: Buy Vita warranties so yours never breaks by your direct/indirect actions like mine ;_;
Also:
Just Cause 2 for $3.99
GTA: Chinatown wars (I know not on sale anymore, but buy it anyway)
ShinoBido 2 Vita, for the next best thing to portable Tenchu
EDF Vita, cause it's freaking EDF

pariah164

So...sadly...I think my White OG Vita is a goner...Long story short, something fell on to the screen of my Vita. The screen itself is not visibly cracked in anyway.
Oh, honey. I am so, so sorry. You have my sympathies.

It's things like this that make me SO happy Sony is account based when it comes to downloads and digital content.

Oh, honey. I am so, so sorry. You have my sympathies.

It's things like this that make me SO happy Sony is account based when it comes to downloads and digital content.
Thank you, it really hit me hard. I think I sat there right after it happened, with my Vita in my lap, for a good ten minutes at least. I couldn't believe it...but I just need to look to repair, I'm not ready for replacement yet :(

You are 100% right though. I am happy I can just take out my memory card and not have to worry about corruption or redownloading or anything messy.

antibolo

Banned
Thinking about importing a pink Vita 2000.

Nippon Yasan says to use Fedex since it has a battery. Is this a genuine concern? I hate private couriers and avoid them whenever possible. Can I run through problems if I pick one of the JP Post options?

pariah164

Thank you, it really hit me hard. I think I sat there right after it happened, with my Vita in my lap, for a good ten minutes at least. I couldn't believe it...but I just need to look to repair, I'm not ready for replacement yet :(

You are 100% right though. I am happy I can just take out my memory card and not have to worry about corruption or redownloading or anything messy.
tumblr_lzawjtmbFo1qiam50o1_500.gif
It's gonna be okay, you hear me?

Hopefully the issue can be fixed for less than the cost of buying a new system. But since Sony is Sony, I would also mentally prepare for needing a new Vita.

i've never really heard of this franchise before... I'm guessing it's not coming west?

Digimon was massive around 1999-2004ish (in the UK at least) , games came out for it until around 2008 I believe? It has a sequel to the first two seasons of its cartoon/anime coming out soon so there's a good chance we'll see this if the hype for it continues. Also, we got a crappy/cash-grab Digimon game in November 2014.

EDIT- Also, Digimon World 1 is one of the best games ever release imo.

Takao

Banned
That Donkey Kong Dynasty Warriors thread had me thinking about another simian platformer: Ape Escape. The goal of the game is already to catch zillions of monkeys. How about you hack and slash them now?!

What if square announced that they will release a digital PSP version of Type 0? What would you do?

Tell them they're just under 4 years late.

Ok, so I called Sony. Explained everything, and the friendly gent said that it would be $129 to send it in for repair. If it is not fixable, they would send me a new Vita of the same kind. I expressed concerns to losing MY Vita, as I don't want to lose the White Assassin's Creed model, for it's far too sexy. He assured me that I would get one back as a replacement. I find that hard to believe, but I asked a few times in different ways and each time I was assured I wouldn't lose it.

I couldn't complete the starting of the RO though. Normally, I always have my Vita on me, everywhere I go. But seeing as my Vita is on life support at home, had to postpone it all until later...

I'll update here once it gets sent, and once it gets returned back to me. Thanks for the well wishes too..I know it will be ok in time...just gotta stare lovingly at it and remember all the good times :(

Yaari

Thinking about importing a pink Vita 2000.

Nippon Yasan says to use Fedex since it has a battery. Is this a genuine concern? I hate private couriers and avoid them whenever possible. Can I run through problems if I pick one of the JP Post options?
Its been said the regulations on batteries changed again recently. Shoot them a mail, they should be aware of this. It is likely the product page hasn't been updated since then.

Make sure, or the package gets stuck. But my impression eas that its allowed if theres a single battery and its locked in the device. Which is the case with the Vita.

oldmario

copied everything from my computer to the 64gb memory card now no screenshots are sorted in folders, anyone got an idea how to fix this or will i have to format this and spend another 6+ hours backing up and restoring over because sony is incompetent in making a device that doesn't screw over people that pay for stuff

maouvin

Ok, so I called Sony. Explained everything, and the friendly gent said that it would be $129 to send it in for repair. If it is not fixable, they would send me a new Vita of the same kind. I expressed concerns to losing MY Vita, as I don't want to lose the White Assassin's Creed model, for it's far too sexy. He assured me that I would get one back as a replacement. I find that hard to believe, but I asked a few times in different ways and each time I was assured I wouldn't lose it.

I couldn't complete the starting of the RO though. Normally, I always have my Vita on me, everywhere I go. But seeing as my Vita is on life support at home, had to postpone it all until later...

I'll update here once it gets sent, and once it gets returned back to me. Thanks for the well wishes too..I know it will be ok in time...just gotta stare lovingly at it and remember all the good times :(

Well, at least it seems easy to get it fixed/replaced (might take some time, of course) :)
Hang on man, for soon your glorious Vita days shall return.

autoduelist

Digimon's come to the west before, but it's a Vita exclusive so it's pretty questionable whether we'll get it. Bamco seems more okay with localization lately though, who knows.

That's a shame. Don't care one way or another about the character designs, but I like what I see on that battle screen shot. Looks like a turn queue, with some going more often (which means some stat like initiative is important), some nice buffs/debuffs, and even an auto-battle mode. All of which makes me happy.

Searched the psn store... doesn't look like anything psp is available. Oh well.

SerTapTap

That's a shame. Don't care one way or another about the character designs, but I like what I see on that battle screen shot. Looks like a turn queue, with some going more often (which means some stat like initiative is important), some nice buffs/debuffs, and even an auto-battle mode. All of which makes me happy.

Searched the psn store... doesn't look like anything psp is available. Oh well.

Dang, apparently digimon world 1 and such aren't even on PSN, World 1 was awesome. Except when your digimon turned into a shit monster but hey, it happens.

Dang, apparently digimon world 1 and such aren't even on PSN, World 1 was awesome. Except when your digimon turned into a shit monster but hey, it happens.
Hey, hey, if sukamon and numemon didn't eat the poop it's previous incarnations left on the floor instead of the toilet, who would? Man that game had so many systems and things to do and was one of the games which used up everything the ps1 had to give.

Well, at least it seems easy to get it fixed/replaced (might take some time, of course) :)
Yea I was very impressed with the rep, and what he was telling me when I called. I play a fair amount of Vita at home, guess I'll work on my backlog, and save my continuously failing 3ds for when I am out in the world. Normally when I'd have my mitts wrapped around the glory of life Vita...

SerTapTap

is there a ps1 game that holds up as playable? i still have my ps2 set up.

I think digimon world 1 is generally the most beloved, but it's pretty complicated and can be frustrating, as your digimon evovles somewhat cyclically, and will occasionally "devolve" at very annoying times. I haven't played it since it was new, however so I can't really say if it's held up. It's an RPG though, people usually either hate them or love them for reasons that span the generations

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
So I "bought" Demon Souls on my PS3 to finally play the game, and it let me download it, install it, and I am playing it and it never charged me.

I do not have a credit card on my account so I was waiting for it to ask me.

Is this game secretly free? Am I under a hidden trial?

This happen to anyone else recently?

So I "bought" Demon Souls on my PS3 to finally play the game, and it let me download it, install it, and I am playing it and it never charged me.

It was a PS+ game last April. You probably added it to your library then.

SHarris78

Almost had a heart attack a few minutes ago - checked my download list and theres LOADS of games i've never bought there. Checked my bank account worried i'd been hacked but everything is fine. Changed my PW now just to be safe.

Anyone else have random games show up they didn't purchase?

SerTapTap

Did you forget that you claimed it on PS+ ages ago? It was PS+ like a year or so ago

Almost had a heart attack a few minutes ago - checked my download list and theres LOADS of games i've never bought there. Checked my bank account worried i'd been hacked but everything is fine. Changed my PW now just to be safe.

Once again--are those PS+ games? I noticed for some reason all my PS+ games jumped to the top of my download list, never seen that happen again. Obligatory "download list is a goddamn mess" statement

SHarris78

Did you forget that you claimed it on PS+ ages ago? It was PS+ like a year or so ago

Once again--are those PS+ games? I noticed for some reason all my PS+ games jumped to the top of my download list, never seen that happen again. Obligatory "download list is a goddamn mess" statement

Oh I see, I didn't realise it was a know 'problem'. Thank goodness for that, it was brown trousers time for a while there.

10% discount codes are now live for Japan and Asia regions:

Japan discount code: 8PLLN4L3DQ
Rest of Asia discount code: RN89HNC5NA

Code is valid until Sunday 11:59pm local times.

These codes will not work in the NA or EU stores. You'll get the error message "This discount code is not valid for the country associated with your account."

Ventara

Recently finished Child of Light on my Vita. It was a great game and I highly recommend everyone to pick it up. It's not too long either. I'm just estimating, but it probably took me 20 hours to complete everything.

autoduelist

Ancient PS+ games destroying my ability to find the stuff I own/want to download on my vita. It's thanks to that 5 day bonus we got... any time your ps+ sub changes all games you own through ps+ get their license updated, which in turn pops them to the top of your list.

Shizuka

Recently finished Child of Light on my Vita. It was a great game and I highly recommend everyone to pick it up. It's not too long either. I'm just estimating, but it probably took me 20 hours to complete everything.

I loved the game, it's a shame it felt too short for me.

SerTapTap

Oh I see, I didn't realise it was a know 'problem'. Thank goodness for that, it was brown trousers time for a while there.

I've never seen it happen before, I was pretty confused but I recognized a bunch as being PS+ games

Ancient PS+ games destroying my ability to find the stuff I own/want to download on my vita. It's thanks to that 5 day bonus we got... any time your ps+ sub changes all games you own through ps+ get their license updated, which in turn pops them to the top of your list.

Ohhhhh...I usually buy 2 years at a time, I guess that's why I didn't notice. It's kind of amazing how poorly they manage the download list. They should force their UI designers and programmers to play all digital and see how fast this gets fixed

deadfolk

Have you tried PSDLE? It's a script you can run from your desktop browser which lists and sorts your download list. It can then export the list or you can even queue downloads from it now.

You can get it from:
https://github.com/RePod/psdle

is there a ps1 game that holds up as playable? i still have my ps2 set up.

I think digimon world 1 is generally the most beloved, but it's pretty complicated and can be frustrating, as your digimon evovles somewhat cyclically, and will occasionally "devolve" at very annoying times. I haven't played it since it was new, however so I can't really say if it's held up. It's an RPG though, people usually either hate them or love them for reasons that span the generations

Yup DW1 holds up the best If you want a turn based RPG DW3, but I was too young to complete that so I'm unsure as to how well it holds up. DW1 evolution system is almost impossible to use(to get to the last stage of "digivolution") unless you use a digivolution guide - don't use anything else since everything else is explained/straightforward. Also, I'd recommend using an emulator, if possible, whilst not a dramatic improvmeent, you can play the game at a better resolution and possibly improve the graphics using the emulators options - I did this on my phone/tablet 2 years ago and it was great.

Also, what are people spending their 10% codes on other than that PSP game(can't remember its name). I have both a EU & Us accounts, but vita is on EU.

Shizuka

Also, what are people spending their 10% codes on other than that PSP game(can't remember its name). I have both a EU & Us accounts, but vita is on EU.

From what I've been reading from Vita owners, it's mostly Atelier Ayesha Plus, Citizens of Earth and Brandish: Dark Revenant (PSP).

Resident Evil PS4... I would add citizens of earth (Vita), and if I could buy a $30 psn card I would, but I just can't justify spending $40 at this time...

Yaari

10% hardly significant enough for me to get anything from EU PSN. I'll wait for the next sale or get a physical copy instead, much cheaper.

Top Bottom